• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Maryland, College Park Discussion

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Post here if you attend UMCP. I'll create a roster of everyone that attends the college and plays smash. Obviously, this will be the best place to communicate with other smashers on campus and set-up fests or tournaments.

Use this as a template for your first post.

Name:
Smash Name:
Wii Friend Code:
If you know more people who Smash, send them to this link.

UMCP Smash Bros. Roster

Name: Stephen Silver
Smash Name: Omni
Wii Friend Code: Coming soon.
AIM: InfernoOmni

Name: Jonathan Sternberg
Smash Name: Rebel581
Wii Friend Code: Coming Soon.
AIM:

Name: Ted Brandt
Smash Name: ChRed2AKrisp
Wii friend code: Coming Soon.
AIM: chred2akrisp

Name: Christopher Fabizak
Smash Name: Wife
AIM: Hndrix37

Name: Jay
Smash Name: Bibbed
AIM:

Name: Adam
Smash Name: Aho
AIM: Adam411

Name: Justin Isett
Smash Name: VooDoo Daddy
AIM: slackimusmaximus

Name: Phil Isett
Smash Name: PXTalon
Wii Friend Code: Coming Soon.
AIM: Piege de la Mort

Name: Jeff
Smash Name: Snake

Name
: Eric Sim
Smash Name: Aero

Name: David Zhang
Smash Name: Dyzzy
Wii Friend Code:
AIM: dyzzytastic

Name: Matt Hausman
Smash Name:
Wii Friend Code:
AIM: TentacleMonstr

Name: Michael Goldman
Smash Name: The Troubadour
Wii Friend Code:
AIM:

Omni

BRoomer
All those people ATTEND University of Maryland? I didn't know you were in college.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Name: Jonathan Sternberg
Smash Name: Rebel581
Wii Friend Code: >_> I don't own Brawl yet.

I'm a freshman here. You go here Omni? We gotta play Brawl sometime. You need to join our crew. Where do you live on campus (do you live on campus?).

Nice Jerk

Smash Rookie
I'm Matt, if you wanna smash I live down past the view on Berwyn Rd. Just PM or facebook msg me.
Smash name is Stab.
As soon as Brawl comes out I'll have a Wii and a friend code.
BC: 1547-5010-4994

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm a freshman here. You go here Omni? We gotta play Brawl sometime. You need to join our crew. Where do you live on campus (do you live on campus?).
Omni did go here, he wasn't last semester i thought, did you come back? IN any case, he lives off campus and as far as I know still does not have a car.

As for boss's post, thumbswayup and his friend, skins, do not attend college park. Neither do boss and korn -_-. or repryx XD. Justin's brother is PXTalon.

anyways for myself,

Name: Ted Brandt
Smash name:...ChRed(2AKrisp lolz)
Wii friend code: Is this the actual friend code of the wii itself, or brawl? If it's brawl...we don't have that yet.
AIM: Yeah you didn't ask, but here it is if anyone ever wants to get smashing, though i'm pretty sure i have everyone's aim already: chred2akrisp

XD

We have plenty of smash space here in ellicot, voodoo's dorm and mine both have big TVs(mine has a 32" LCD, with 480p cables, nearly lagless, so it won't affect your game)

Wife

Smash Lord
For the time being, Bibbed and I are in the area. Though most people in CP already know this. We got our copy working Omni, did you ever figure something else out?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You should bring it over sometime wife. There's really only one guy in our area, gannymaster the stadium player, and he doesn't like brawl that much, he doesn't have much incentive to set it up/play it.

Omni

BRoomer
Wife: Nah, didn't get my copy to work. Only barely kept my Wii alive after attempting to mod it. Lemme know when I can come over and play you guys.

ChRed2AKrisp: VooDoo's friend somewhat off campus (walking distance) has it, too.

Rebel: I'm off-campus. I'll be on campus next semester (or somewhere really close to campus). I'm actually looking for housing for Fall 2008. Would be awesome to room with a Smasher.

In other notes, what kind of things can we expect to happen? Constant Wi-Fi matches. Random smashfest. Occasional weekly tournaments. We need to spread the Smash word like its a virus and UMD is the host. The more people who know about this thread the more competition we'll have.

In the mean time, we should probably try to find an ideal area for hosting tournaments.

There will also probably be Rankings system sometime in the near future. Aim to be the best (but not better than me).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I know, but apparently he doesn't like lots of people over at his place, and the only one who really knows him is aero, so I didn't reallly count him as someone who's going to have brawl available frequently. Omni, you'll be a junior or senior? I'm assuming junior or you wouldn't be getting housing.

Omni

BRoomer
Junior. I'm transferring from PGCC so I don't think I'll be eligible for any housing. Not sure how that whole routine works. I would rather get a place where I don't have a roommate like commons, university view, or a house nearby.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
COmmons you have roommates...you mean you won't physically sleep in the same room as someone else? Then yeah, but if you meant by having no one else in the apartment/suite/flat, view and commons are shared.
and I don't think you want to rent a house by yourself, to save money. Good luck though, looking forward to no more "can't come without a ride" XD

Omni

BRoomer
No, no, no, I meant... I meant roommates as in 2 people in one room. Everything other than that else is fine with me. Definitely not renting a house out for myself, lol.

TheTroubadour

Smash Rookie
I'm one of the Courtyards Smashers, but unfortunately I haven't been able to go to any events.

Name: Michael Goldman
Smash Name: The Troubadour
Wii Friend Code: -
AIM: -

TheTroubadour

Smash Rookie
Just my flatmates (who actually own the game) who I can school pretty easily.

Got to find some new blood to spoil.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Okay then...

official CP crew is prolly gonna be hosting tourneys again, perhaps a couple weeks after brawl's out, i'm expecting all of you to attend.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Wife, you should bring your Wii and Brawl over sometime and play with us. And Omni! You're going to UMD again? How far do you live off-campus? We need to smash. I can't wait until Brawl comes out in less than a week now.

Omni

BRoomer
Wife, you should bring your Wii and Brawl over sometime and play with us. And Omni! You're going to UMD again? How far do you live off-campus? We need to smash. I can't wait until Brawl comes out in less than a week now.
Very far from campus. I'll be much closer in the Fall. I'm looking to house with a smasher (yes, I said it) so if anyone has a space available and wants to be awesome at smash (because I have that effect on people), let me know.

Keep inviting your friends, or people who haven't signed up for the roster. More people = more competition = crazy events = more fun. It doesn't matter if they're new to the game or Wife.

Wife

Smash Lord
Pandora's Cube in College Park says they'll be selling Brawl the Friday before it comes out. That's two days from now, if anyone's interested.

Wife

Smash Lord
Chris, if you're serious, I might be getting brawl on Friday then =P
I was in there on Saturday, and the guy said there's a 90% chance they'll have it on Friday and a 100% chance they'll have it by Saturday. I put my name on a list, which means they'll call me up on Friday. If I answer and say I can come pick it up, they'll hold a copy for me. That's pretty much verbatim what I was told.

hova

Smash Champion
yea, blockbuster by my house pretty much said the same thing

stores usually get shipments for big games in early, but are supposed to wait for the street date to make them available

wife- lets smash

Dither

Smash Apprentice
Hey, all.

I'm new to the scene, but I'm pretty sure I know at least 5 of the people on the list due to having brawl for the past month or so.

Name: Andrei Krotkov
Smash Name: Dither
Wii Friend Code: 3351 3371 3508
Cell Contact: 4436761455

Anyone aside from the usual crowd want to come over this Saturday to get some practice before those GS tourneys? ;)

Wife

Smash Lord
Pandora's Cube called me today. They're guarenteeing Brawl in tomorrow (Friday), if anyone is interested. I'm going to pick mine up shortly after noon (which is when they say it will be in).

Hova -- Definitely.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Pandora's Cube called me today. They're guarenteeing Brawl in tomorrow (Friday), if anyone is interested. I'm going to pick mine up shortly after noon (which is when they say it will be in).

Hova -- Definitely.
wow, nice find. i might have to check it out to get it early.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
**** yea. I just pre-ordered it. I don't know where I'm playing it though. We can try to set up a bunch of copies on a floor in Ellicott or Denton, or if someone wants to offer their house or apartment.

Omni

BRoomer
I'm working 9-5 Saturday, then picking up Brawl Saturday night. I already reserved it so there's no point in getting it on Friday. I have a lot of work to so on Sunday in regards to school, as well, but I'll definitely some people online when they're ready to get munished.

Make sure everyone releases their Wii Code when they get the game!

hova

Smash Champion
wife- i'll definitely be down for smashing with you either today or Saturday; you're also more than welcome to come thru when we have people over to smash... if you don't mind EGYbill's massive trashtalk

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
reporting for duty.

Name: Matt
Smash Name: Buddha
Wii Friend Code: coming soon

EDIT: anyone else getting a midnite copy down for some 1:00 a.m. brawlin? loser drinks. lawlz.

Wife

Smash Lord
I don't know of any other places, but I just picked up a copy from Pandora's an hour or so ago.

Lobos

Smash Master
Lucky, I wish I knew this before I had brawl on reserver at eb games. In any case I'm getting it saturday night. I'll play and beat anyone at umd :p

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Lucky, I wish I knew this before I had brawl on reserver at eb games. In any case I'm getting it saturday night. I'll play and beat anyone at umd :p
Yeah dude game's amazing, I'm about to try some online? anyone?

Uhhh and in case you're wondering, pandora's probably has some for tomorrow too, but the total is $65 because you have to buy a $15 japanese choco-things to get it early. (they're freaking good, tho)

=D

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I got a copy of Brawl for $50 at Pandora's. I've been playing it all day. Just unlocked ROB 10 minutes ago. Now I'm going to sleep. I'll try to get online and give my friend code tomorrow (today).

Top Bottom