• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undr's Graphical Art and Older Crap!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
yeah, but I was wondering what you all have already found. but either way its still fun to mix filters! anyway last one for awhile. nothing special, just thought Bowser needed some love. that and I wanted to try adding textures to text.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm...i really ought to make a sticky topic with tutorials and references...

http://www.shadowness.com/tutorial.php - this site has changed a fair bit from when i first went to it, but I think it stiill has some good quality tutorials

http://www.thewebmachine.com/ - Has a very decent collection of tutorials to have a look through.

www.spoono.com - Think they have a good lot of tutorials as well :3

That's all i can think of off the top of my head, but when i get the time I'll probably make a sticky topic with tutorial sites :3

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Thanks Qwester, I've been there before. but it dosnt hurt to check it out again. and yeah I didnt think anyone would mind for mutli posting in this particular thread. LoL, but yeah I'll keep it in mind. And thanks alot to you too TM! yeah a sticky of tutorials would rock. thanks for all the links!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
but if just edit it, how will the four people who might actually care know when I do something new?

anyway, I think this is my best thus far.

Just made this awhile ago for my NFL forum I belong to.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I know should'nt double post, but this is my best. which still isnt saying much, but still Im really proud of it. my first attempt at double borders, not the best but I like it. new background as well!

another Zelda Banner. its font is Hyrulian! and duh it reads Zelda.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol, did you see JJ's? I feel ill thinking about it. but sure, if you can stomach it. I know it wont be nearly as good as the one Jamo made you though. go ahead and give me the specs via Jamo's guidelines and I'll see what I can muster up for ya. it should be good practice if nothing else. ^_^ and thanks for offering me the ability to offer you... you know what, just post the specs... :chuckle:

EDIT: another two banners I made in my free time.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ok, my first attempt at animated Banners. there are three versions. no-loop; loop; and fast loop.

Hope you like. I think they came out ok for a first try.

dan smith

Smash Champion
My banner...ANIMATED!

I would love my banner to have Ness using PSI Magnet on the left side of the banner....and a Samus on the right side shooting a Charge shot.

The charge shot should fly across the banner and get absorbed by Ness' PSI Magnet.

In the middle of the banner (where the Charge Shot flies past) it should say "KNOX".

It would be nice if Ness had a % next to him....that would decrease when he absorbed the Charge Shot.

Ness: http://www.vandal.net/noticias/images/julio01/ness1.jpg

Samus: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0517/samus.jpg

Can you flip the Samus pic? (facing left)

Charge Shot: can you clip the Charge Shot out of the Samus pic and enlarge it? I couldn't find a pic of a Charge Shot...

Background:

http://starmen.net/fanart/e/evexoian/FoursideTest.jpg

http://starmen.net/fanart/e/evexoian/evexoian_Gygas_Warning.jpg

http://starmen.net/fanart/e/evexoian/Valley_of_the_Saturn1.jpg

This banner is a huge challenge. I realize the difficulty in making it...but I believe in you.

You can have the Charge Shot move infront of the word "KNOX" or weave in and out of the letters. (extra points!!)

The more fluid the motion the better.

Use whichever background you think works best...I personally like the first one (Fourside) because it is a level in Smash Bros.

You can switch Samus with a Mewtwo (shooting a Shadow Ball), Falco (shooting his blaster), or Fox (shooting his blaster) if you like.

I actually think Falco would look best...but I couldn't find a pic of him shooting...

His laser blast would prolly be a lot easier to animate than a Charge Shot too.

Anyways, there you go, go crazy.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Jaw drops... Ok, I'll do my best. If this turns out good I dont see why I couldnt set up shop. ^_^" but dont expect same day delivery... LoL!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
this was easier then I thought. its not as good as I had liked, but I had issues finding a Picture of eith Samus, Fox, ect that I could do thier animation in. with out it it look real dumnb. I hope this is satisfactory.

oh an by the way, I was torn between the Background you wanted, and the one I just learned to make. so I mixed them. ^_^

Shade520

Smash Apprentice

Hey Undr, hope you didn't mind if I took a stab at the banner request by Know, I haven't tried any animation so I figure why not since I was reading around your thread. It took me a few hours to get everything decent, but I am not sure if it is too distracting or not...

Well tell me what you think...

dan smith

Smash Champion

Wow...those BOTH came very quickly.

I like them both a lot...

****....they move...

You guys should share a banner making thead, the banners will get finished faster that way!

The only bad thing about Jamo's thread is how long you have to wait...

Thank you very much for the banners!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nice work Shade! I like how you made Samus fade kinda. I woulda used Samus but I felt odd that Samus didnt finish the anamation and I didnt have the proper images to make her power up. but now that I see yours I like it the way you did it! ^_^

And thanks Dan, I just learned how to do the type of background that is on yours, and I figured I'd make it kinda like the theme of the banner. It isnt that good ^_^", but it was really good practice! thanks for the idea! And expect a PM from me soon Shade! perhaps its time we lend Jamo and the Cafe a helping hand! =D

EDIT: nevermind Shade, your inbox is full. just reply here! ^_^

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
I am glad you guys think that banner is good, I spent a while on it and I have only come to find a few errors with it, but for the most part I was glad to finish it. I do like Undr's banner though. It seems to not be as distracting as mine is, which I like because I figured mine is going to get annoying after awhile. I am all for opening a banner shop or joining a crew that is already here, I have more then enough time to get to work, so I guess keep me informed. Thanks again,

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm going to just set up shop. Shade if ya wanna join up with me your more then welcome! and if you do I'll change the threads name. ^_^

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Wow, you've gotten so good in such a short amount of time, better than me even, lol. Kep praticing you'll only get better with each time you do it. Keep up the good work Undr.
(You too shade)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
thanks man! though I still like your Fox one better then any of mine. how did you do the black stripe deally?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
i'm assuming you mean the scan lines? Actually I'm not sure how it works in PhotoShop, but in the program I use, Fireworks, its treated like a texture. try looking for it there. if you can't find it photoshop has a very big user base and tons of tutorials just on scan lines, so it should be too hard to learn how.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
cool, thanks! I wanted to do something simular with my mini-banner. but I'll take that to mind!

Shade520

Smash Apprentice
Hey Unr, sweet banner, you will have to tell me how you nailed that animation so well, alas my main reason for posting is that I need to know how to contact you, either by a messenging program or by email. Let me now.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
ooo, I suppose I'm gonna have to load AIM on my moms computer. sigh, its cool though. I dont know when I'll be one due to that fact I hate her computer. my AIM is James T Cruise. I dont have any other IM program. so if you dont have AIM let me know.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
my second "clip" banner

My best yet. its so long. it took 710 layers. w00t!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I feel stupid..

I just realized the ani in ur Link banner is from the end of the next gen link preview on nintendo.com, I don't have photoshop but i'm curious how u copy animations off the internet, or did you download it sumwhere?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I downloaded the trailer and cut out the last part of it and inserted it into the banner in Photoshop.

I'm not sure if you can see the Doom3 one under the RE4 one. its 3megs and I have a hard time finding someone who will host it. =/

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I had to do a Teen Titans one. what can I say, I love the show. anyway here is a Avatar and Banner based on the upcoming episode.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Hey, Krisp, just give me you AIM and I'll send the animated one to ya. at leat that way you can see it. =/ no place will host it due to its size. Same goes for my Doom3 Banner.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I think I told you that I don't have DC++ b/c my mom's paranoid and doesn't want extra softwareon the comp. well, that means AIM is a no-no. Fortunately I 'm getting my own comp within the year. My friends dad's company just stores all the comps it doesn't useanymore, so he's gonna give me one of those. There actually really good comps since the company is constantly updating its computers. This is probably gonna happen in October(m birthday). UNtil then, maybe you could like, uh, e-mail it to me? If that could work i'm at tedbrandt@verizon.net

FalseFox

Smash Cadet
Hey Udr Dog,

Here's a little something thats pretty neat you should try:

Step 1) Create a new 500x500 Pixel document,RGB Color mode,and 72 for Resolution
Step 2) Take the Gradient Tool. Set it to:
Linear Gradient
Mode: Difference
Opacity: 100%

Un-check Reverse,Dither,and Transparency.

Step 3) Now go wild with the tool as much as you can, at least 40 times.. Use it alot and make sure you end up with what appears to be an equal
amount of White(light) and black(dark)
Step 4) Press CTRL+U and colorize it. I used:

Hue: 205
Sat: 25
Lightness: 0

Step 5) Now go to FilteR>Distort>Twirl and set the angel to 300
Step 6) Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer
Step 7) Press CTRL+F to use your Twirl again
Step 8) Right click on that layer and click Free transform. Right click again and click Flip Horizontal.
Step 9) Set that layer to "Lighten"
Step 10) Press CTR+E to merge your two layers together.
Step 11) Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer
Step 12) Go to Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates. Set to Polar to Rectangular
Step 13) Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer
Step 14) Right click on that layer and click Free transform. Right click again and click Flip Vertical.
Step 15) Set that layer mode to "Darken"
Step 16) Press CTRL+E to merge the top two layers together.
Step 17) Set the top layer mode to "Lighten"
Step 18) Press CTRL+E to merge your layers together.
Step 19) Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer.
Step 20) Go to Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates. Set to Polar to Rectangular
Step 21) Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer.
Step 22) Press CTRL+F to apply the Polar Coordinates again
Step 23) Right click on that layer and click Free transform. Right click again and click Flip Vertical.
Step 24) Set that layer to "Lighten"
Step 25) Press CTRL+E to merge those two layers.
Step 26) Set that layer to "Darken"
Step 27) Press CTRL+E to merge those two layers.
Step 28) Your done. You can do th optional 2 steps below
*Step 29) Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer.
*Step 30) Set that layer to "Hard Light"

I came out with this:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
dude, thats awesome. I've been doing testing the same thing for awhile now. thats why I havent made anything new recently. the best part is it never comes out the same twice. I like yours though. very nice.

Top Bottom