Stage 5: :ulttoonlink:
Stage 6: Ice Mountain :ulticeclimbers:
Stage 7: (Bonus stage)
Stage 8: Dracula

References:
1 = C-serpent
2 = Octo the Huge’s minions
3 = Magma The Fierce
4 = Captain Bell’s ship lack of boss replaced with the closest character to being a pirate of the seas.
5 = Representing the island cruising of chapter 6
6 = Sumocho twins
8 = Zoda / Prime form.

Rubberfrog

Smash Cadet
When talking about a Startropics reboot, I cant help but bring this up:
reggie-retro-studio-photoframe-apr182019-1.jpg

Lots of people already know about the mysterious robotic character hidden behind Metal Mario, but nobody knows who it actually is.

If I were to hazard a hopeful guess, I'd say it's a rebooted version of NAV-COM. Unlikely, sure, but definitely a possibility. Startropics has quite a few robots in the game, so should we ever get a reboot, it wouldnt be unlikely to see a major robotic character contribute to the story.

Edit: I just made the realization that our robotic friend has only 4 fingers. Fictional characters having 4 fingers is a trait for western animation and character design, which may boost his chances ever so slightly.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5301-1958-8711
Hey guys do you think that the Google theory thing could boost Mike's chances if the ad showed up after typing his name or his series name with those very specific instructions?

Rubberfrog

Smash Cadet
Hey guys do you think that the Google theory thing could boost Mike's chances if the ad showed up after typing his name or his series name with those very specific instructions?
You can certainly give it a shot. I'm 50-50 on the theory and won't be surprised if it is true or false.

I WOULD be surprised if Mike shows up positive.

Man I really do wish the amiibo costumes from Mario 1 come back in the sequel. Having a Mike Jones costume for Mario Maker would be awesome.
Someone seems to agree:
Gosh, I thought that was for real for a second.

3DS FC
5301-1958-8711
When talking about a Startropics reboot, I cant help but bring this up:
Lots of people already know about the mysterious robotic character hidden behind Metal Mario, but nobody knows who it actually is.

If I were to hazard a hopeful guess, I'd say it's a rebooted version of NAV-COM. Unlikely, sure, but definitely a possibility. Startropics has quite a few robots in the game, so should we ever get a reboot, it wouldnt be unlikely to see a major robotic character contribute to the story.

Edit: I just made the realization that our robotic friend has only 4 fingers. Fictional characters having 4 fingers is a trait for western animation and character design, which may boost his chances ever so slightly.
You remember those "joke" rumors about Retro Studios working on StarTropics? Maybe it wasn't a joke after all...
Or not. Maybe E3 we'll finally see what Retro's been up to all this time before they started working on Metroid Prime 4.

By the way, I saw this GameFAQs post the other day and I thought you guys might want to see it:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77304394

Frestypants here says something interesting about the Beastball and Banana Gun items.

Last edited:
You remember those "joke" rumors about Retro Studios working on StarTropics? Maybe it wasn't a joke after all...
Or not. Maybe E3 we'll finally see what Retro's been up to all this time before they started working on Metroid Prime 4.

By the way, I saw this GameFAQs post the other day and I thought you guys might want to see it:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77304394

Frestypants here says something interesting about the Beastball and Banana Gun items.
Lol, that's me. I'm Frestypants XD.

smash puffle

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5301-1958-8711
Lol, that's me. I'm Frestypants XD.
Oh, ok then... hehe.

Now I just beaten both games and my want for Mike or anything ST in Smash has increased tremendously.
I'm really curious as the where the Retro rumors come from. People say it was a joke, but where this was first mentioned? I never seen a detailed explanation.

Switch FC
Ask
Hey, everyone.
I just made an account here recently which is why I haven't posted here but I also would love to see Mike Jones in Smash. I'd prefer Zoda if I had to pick but there's no way he'd get in before Mike. Getting both, though? Now that would be amazing. And I love Zoda's preliminary design. It has that real 80s almost He-Man villain feel to him.
I drew him a while ago. Might re-do it sometime: Zoda

But on StarTropics itself I think it should be rebooted. Someone in the thread asked earlier if it should be old-school style or rebooted in a modern way and I lean towards the latter.

I'm thinking sort of Ratchet & Clank-ish. Platforming, shooting (not with actual guns - besides lasers, of course), and lots of humor.

3DS FC
5301-1958-8711
I would start with some images. Do some searching find were people have posted Mike for Smash images and use them.
We give credit if possible, of course.
We also post high quality memes.
And post any StarTropics related news if available.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out finding images to tweet.