• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Un-Advanced Teqniques (ADDED SLAVERY)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Since the board has been going Advanced Technique CRAZY, I decided that there needed to be a thread about the information on the Un-Advanced, programed, meant to be used, and sometimes seemingly useless techniques in smash bros.

Please post your techniques such as crawling, jumping, recovering, taunting, and the rest. Made up funny techniques are still fine, like Logic-dashing.:) They will then be posted in the user made section "Not made by Meleemaster500 section".

These are just a joke. So don't get upset and start flaming.

New posts appear at the top of each section. i didn't feel like ordering the first few, so they are in order since the pointing update.

I Would Really Like Ideas of stuff and critiques on my Techniques, as in which were funny, why,... so I can keep posting funny ones.

The user created "Not made by Meleemaster500 section" is further below.

The Made by Meleemaster500 section. YAY!
(UPDATES WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT PLEASE CONTRIBUTE YOUR OWN)

NOT-DIEING (part deux) (this is not my work it was done by: ~torokun)

SELECTING

This new technique gets you going places, in the menu.

Looks complex doesn't it? All those numbers, choices, and lack of question marks...

When menu's like this show their ugly face, pull of a selecting combo, select one thing, and select another in a sub menu.

If things get to hectic out there, you can always choose easier menus...

WAIT!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE!!!

This is a menu on normal difficulty

This is the easy setting, easiest of all.

DELAYING

NOTICE:
Due to delays in the completion of Today's Update we’ve had to change the release date of the update to Sunday, March 2nd. (or Monday, or whenever I stop being busy...)

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to reading the update for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

CHAIN-GRABBING

Best chain-grabber around? Hardly, he has a hammer!

Discovered by user: _-/Chain564\-_ this new grabbing technique can be used by the following characters: Link, Toon Link, Samus, Captain Olimar, Zamus, Lucas, and Yoshi.

Link's chain hangs low...

These characters posses special grabs that are initiate through pressing the Z button, Shield and A for those lazy folk.

Some chains are longer than others. Samus' chain, for example, is longer than Popo's :p.

S-NO CHILDREN FOR YOU

FLAMING

Who is the top tier character in brawl? What are my morals/religious thoughts on the subject? What is my opinion on a subject?

You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as a flamer has just grabbed a chance.

Flamers find weaknesses in threads wherever they can, Do I believe their character is teh suckorz? Does my morals/religion not have what they are saying? Do I not agree with their opinion? these are all questions flamers ask themselves. Once they grab the chance they go on Pie Fight.

S-THIS PIE IS NOT TASTY!!!

Any subject that the person might disagree with will surely be flamed.

L-Crap, he's on a flaming rampage! We have to outrun him! P-No... I just have to outrun you!

Another way to initiate flaming is for a Troll to bait the users into a pie fight. But ultimately, after the flamer had his 13 seconds of superiority, it ends, leaving the loser to Phail Miserably.

P-YOU MUST "NOT-DIE" *****.

Oh, to think it’s already over...

HYPHEN SMASHING

C-STICKING[/SIZE]

When your friend is a noob, they like to C-stick. It's an annoying technique when fighting, you can hardly see the other players! While playing the single player mode, it was revealed that using the C-stick, you can zoom in, and out. Annoying isn't it.

Here is your friend being pwn'd by a computer Pikachu in classic mode, easy setting, as Wario.

Pressing up on the C-stick will zoom in...

Same friend, same easy computer Pikachu, just zoomed in more, to show the detail of their phailing. Notice that Metaknight and Yoshi are not visible.

...while pressing down will zoom out.

Your friend phailing again. Metaknight looks different, must be the lack of clothes.

C-sticking is always overused, and makes your friend feel like they are losing to less people. Use it to your advantage.

POINTING

Some characters like to cheat. They have minions to do their work. It was recently discovered that certain characters have the ability to point. This technique greatly increases their control on their minions.

CO-Go Red Pikmin, we'll stay here and be a distraction. RP-LERRROOOYYYY!!!. BP-Wait a sec, I thought you said that Red was the distraction:confused:? YP- LOL, I'm a distraction:bee:!

Some characters that can do this technique have no minions, so far no use, except for distracting your opponents.

N- Look up in the sky, is it a bird? L- Is it this bug?

Pokemon Trainer has no attacks whatsoever, but his pointing skillz are flawless, he can have his pets fight for him!

PT-GO LIZARDON!(That's right i said it), USE "THROW GIANT ROCK ON THEM" ATTACK C- I think I'm holding it the wrong way.... owwch!

WALKING

New technique we've found out, when you press left or right to walk. Technique gets you going places. It can be used to move around and dodge stationary attacks. You can also cancel out of a walk by jumping or pressing another button or even not pressing anything

If you’re in a real hurry, press twice or harder, it makes you walk faster

Press sideways twice to dash!

HUGGING
Sometimes you don't always have to fight your opponents. Everyone enjoys a hug
To hug someone, hold down the B Button and press the 2 Button.

Doesn't he look happy that he's being hugged?

"Kids, There's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like, But if someone tries to touch you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, That's No Good!"

JOKING

Actually, that's grabbing.

Hugging is a completely different technique. Hugging takes advantage of the fact that you can now grab a ledge you aren't facing by holding in that direction. You basically run off the stage and hold back towards it to grab the ledge for easy edgehogging.
Yeah... I don't find the humor in this. Like it or not, all of the AT! threads actually give new and interesting information about Brawl to read about. Lame jokes like this are nothing new, and they're not interesting.
When someone makes fun of the pictures and decides to call them hugging instead of grabbing. (Its just a joke)

Really I never said that AT were not Useful, it's just too many people are obsessed with them, this is to make fun of the obvious and funny techniques of smash.

TRIPPING

An unexplainable phenomena caused my too much dash-dancing. Some say it's useless cause you trip everywhere, and are vulnerable. Smash masters of course know the pros of this technique which are the invincibility frames and teh mindgamez, how useful.

I'm invincible!

Ha, ha! I now have the advantage.

Yeah, Take that!

TAUNTING

Sometimes, you are bored of not fighting, or sometimes you're a noob who is overconfident every time you hit a person. This Tech can be used to change the appearance of your character. We've confirmed this tech in training mode and we also figured out that it can be canceled by getting the snot beat out of you while you're standing still.

THE AERIAL NOT-DIEING MANEUVER

(removed the (DI) part because of constructive criticism)

Sometimes you may find yourself in a severe predicament.

This strapping young man has just been teh ownzor3d

Extensive testing revealed a new technique that we call THE AERIAL NOT-DIEING MANEUVER

Press 1 to not die

applications of this move are numerous, perhaps even it can be used in conjunction with other techniques.

This is what happens when you phail at not-dieing

BEARQUAT FAST FALLING

This technique is genius gold. :D Even fast falling in the air is so advanced. My friend, a semi-avid smash player never knew about it for years... until we figured it out in practice mode, first you have to be in the air, or in space, and then press 1 down on the wiimote. now try fighting without bones
(named it after you because dats what everyones doing with techs, oh and i changed your quote.)

All too often, you get stuck in space, fighting becomes hard to do when everyone keeps flying around. this is where fast fall becomes useful, it makes you fall faster. this technique should only be used in places of no gravity, or else, there will be too much force, and your bones will shatter from the impact.

This is a useful fast fall, see the lack of land... OH and a MONKEY!!!!

this however is what happens when you fast fall along with gravity. SLLAAAMMO!

Loosing your bones is not such a bad idea if you're low enough tier, then you become as good a Kirby.

Owwww. That hurt, WTF I'M PINK and I have no bones GUAAAAARGH!!

THE DBL ATTACK

Named after DribblinBallnLuzor687, this technique is accomplished by pressing a series of presses to the A button. It causes the character to make an attack forward which delivers fast blows to the opponent. It can also be caused by holding down that button.

Hee ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya!

Doing such a cool attack can be exhilarating but SERIOUSLY, This guy needs to calm down.

STALE MOVES ZOMG

Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease! Along with the number of friends you have.

Moves will decrease in attack power when used repeatedly and get progressively weaker with additional usage, so try to not go all shine happy this time.

Really I know you all are still going to keep fox/falco-abusing, but seriously, no one likes that.

Hey, don’t you think it’s time you, y’know, tried some other moves?

If you all think this was new, it wasn't it was already in all the other games

nuuuuuumbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers (We have no idea what these mean!) (joke)

dt=downtilt, fs=fsmash, na=nair etc

fs23, 19, 18, 16, 15, 13, 12, 11, 11, 10, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10...

dt14, 13, 11, 10, 10, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6, 7, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 7, 6, 7

Full charge B 38, 34, 29, 27, 25, 22, 20, 19, 17, 17, 18, grab punchx20, charge B 38, gpx10, cB 36, gpx15, cB39

Dtilt:14 Ftilt:16 Fsmash:23 Dsmash:14
dt13 ft13 fs21 ds12
dt12 ft14 fs19 ds12 <-went through this cycle twice more but the numbers bottomed out here

dt14, ft16, fs23, ds14, ut12, na10
dt13, ft14, fs21, ds12, ut12, na8
dt13, ft14, fs21, ds12, ut11, na8
dt14, ft14, fs21, ds12, ut11, na9
dt13, ft14, fs21, ds12, ut11, na8

dt14, ft16, 13, 13, 11, 9
dt13, ft10, 9, 8, 8, 8
dt13, ft9, 9, 8, 8, 8
dt13, ft9, 9, 8, 8, 8
dt13, ft9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 8, dt13, ft9, dt13, ft9, dt12, ft11, dt11, ft11, dt10, ft12, dt10, ft12, dt10, ft12, dt10

fs23, ft15, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8
fs21, ft8, 8, 9, 8, 7, 8, 7
fs22, ft8, 8, 9, 8, 7, 8, 7
fs22, ft8, 8, 9, 8, 7, 8, 7
fs22, 19, 18, ft11, fs16, ft10, 11, fs16, ft12, 10, fs16

fs23, ftx9, fs23

AAA combo 4/5/7, 3/5/6, 3/4/6, 3/4/6
spam first hit till it only does 2 or 1 %
AAA combo 1/6/7

Good stuff good stuff.

SUCKING

Sometimes you just suck at smash and keep missing. Then, Wario shows his imitation of Snake and Zamus at you.

Wario's got back!

But yeah this technique was found immediately we started playing, we missed on one attack, and we started sucking.

That's the spirit!

THE REVERSE GROUND MOMENTUM-STOPPING DASH-PIVOT

This new technique allows the user to stop their forward ground momentum, even from a dash, and pivots the user to face the other direction. Done while dashing, press the direction opposite your current heading, you completely stop forward momentum, giving you the chance to attack in the opposite direction.

YEEEAAAARRGGGG! I'm a Turning Pirate

LULZ, I'm "reverse ground momentum-stopping dash-pivoting"

CRAWLING

While on the ground, hold down to duck, then while still holding down, hold another direction to crawl, allows you to sneak up on really dumb opponents, and fight crabs.

Oh, GOD!, he broke my knife. CRAB BATTLE!

POSING

You may suck, but at least you look good doing it.

"Kids, There's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like, But if someone tries to touch you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, That's No Good!"

LOGIC-DASHING

Ever find yourself in a troublesome argument?
Now Logic-Dashing is confirmed for Brawl!

Steps to accomplish a successful Logic dash include
1. Cancel out of your momentous arguing (stop saying "No You" in a post argument)
2. Air dodge the arguments coming toward you
3. Aim at the ground, to have a solid base for this argument
4. Directionally influence your thought processes to one side or the other to make your argument smart enough to beat others' logic
5. Enjoy the victory of overcoming the landing lag that is others' logic and go into another attack immediately

SUCCESS

STUPIDITY-CANCELLING

Stupidity can now be canceled, so you don't end up like poor Wolfy

LAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDMMMMMAAAAAASSSSSTTTTTTAAAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!111!!!!1!!one!-GUAGHHHHH!
GAME SET(yeah I know that it saids "EPICFAILURE")

Really who ever said AI was dumb.
(Credit to Linko_Ridley for the idea)

DOUBLE POSTS
A new annoyance found in Super Smash Bros. forums

Aug. 28 Tue. 2007

Four Special Move Types

accidentally post twice to double post

Nov. 15 Thu. 2007

Meta Knight: Special Moves
Cannot be Canceled out of!

LAZINESS

I can't think of any new techniques right now, I'm being "Lazy". Picture of it in action:

So lazy.... oh look, food! Mmm... Tasty!

The Not Made by Meleemaster500 section. YAY!

(staindgray)AVOIDING

A technique so far only used by the Pokemon Trainer, due to either disqualification or the fact that he's surpassed god-tier into the realm of Chuck Norris tier, which would just be unfair. Or perhaps he can't physically combat due to a rare skin disease. Or maybe he's just a douchebag that makes little creatures he locks up in balls do his bidding. No matter what the reason, it's the simplest, least painful way to win a match.

Yeah! Do this! Do that!

God, am I glad that you're out there and not me. I heard he used to be god-tier! Watch out for that stale shine!!
(Tyfigher)Peeking

Ever wonder what your opponent will do next? (You won't on Wifi, but it's still fun)

Peeking allows the user to:
1) See what the person next to you might do next
2) Find a pattern in their movement on the controller and counter it
3) Find some interesting stuff (character-wise)
4) Play "Peek-a-Boo"

I see what you're really doing in there Bowser.

(Crazy Ace 01)CRAZY ACE 01 STANDING

Wario using the "CA01S" technique (pronounced chaos or *kay-awe-s*)

Dx3 "CA01S"

Donkey Kong "CA01S"

This new technique, discovered while I was in training mode, allows the instant cancellation of any horizontal, ground-based motion, as well as vertical, air-based motion. I'm still testing to see if it works with all characters, but so far it works with everyone. Tall characters seem to gain the most benefit from standing.

(Linko_Ridley)FAST FAILING (Note: Also reffered as "Phast Phaling")
Just look at this vid by good ol' Gimpyfish. He uses it here three times in order to win the match:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=21esqeZ8QVU

(mista_mista)SHIELDING

This technique was recently found by lolipwnedusohardthatucriednoob485. All credit goes to him.

To perform the shield, hold down R or L. Your character will quickly chew a large mass of bubble gum and blow a bubble. The flavor of bubble gum changes the bubble's color. No uses have been found for this because if somebody attacks you, the bubble will pop and get stuck in your hair. Just look at Kirby. Poor thing.

(Thingy Person)CANDLEJACKING

This technique is performed by attacking your opponent while he's busy talking to you IRL. This has two uses:
1. Gain a momentum, as the player is now disoriented
2. Get your friend to STFU, as he must now focus on not dying

(iron blade)JUMPING

A new technique was found by blahjumpblah123 named 'jumping'. Pressing the X or Y button on the GC controller allows your character to leap in the air using advanced momentum mechanics. More testing will occur to find use for this.

(Linko_Ridley)SLAVERING
Look what is Samus doing to poor sexually insatisfied Ike:

This is done by pressing all the buttons and all the directions on the D-pad on the same frame.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
is it true that teching is alot more difficult to do?

Teching as in the "ukemi" type, really i don't know
ps i don't have the game

UKEMI (aka. teching)
sakurai - "When a blow sends you flying, tap the shield button just before you come into contact with the ground, wall, or ceiling. You’ll bound off the surface with a little hop and, like a judo master, cancel any excess momentum that would have otherwise kept you careening around wildly.

Press with just the right timing.

Since midair move-based recoveries have become more fluid, I believe some will find this technique to be slightly less important than it was in the previous game."

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Walking

New technique we've found out, when you press left or right to walk. Technique gets you going places. It can be used to move around and dodge stationary attacks. You can also cancel out od a walk by jumping or pressing another button or even not pressing anything

If you’re in a real hurry, press twice or harder, it makes you walk faster

Press sideways twice to dash!

iron blade

Smash Ace
JUMPING

A new technique was found by blahjumpblah123 named 'jumping'. Pressing the X or Y button on the GC controller allows your character to leap in the air using advanced momentum mechanics. More testing will occur to find use for this.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
JUMPING

CONFIRMED. THIS SHOULD BE CALLED THE PNJ!! (PYR NIGHT JUMP!)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
DOUBLE POSTS
A new new annoyance found in super smash bros. forums

accidentally post twice to double post

There's no getting rid of them!:chuckle:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
HUGGING

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
HUGGING

Hugging is a completely different technique. Hugging takes advantage of the fact that you can now grab a ledge you aren't facing by holding in that direction. You basically run off the stage and hold back towards it to grab the ledge for easy edgehogging.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
TAUNTING

Sometimes, you are bored of not fighting, or sometimes you're a noob who is overconfident every time you hit a person. This Tech can be used to change the appearance of your character. We've confirmed this tech in training mode and we also figured out that it can be canceled by getting the snot beat out of you while you're standing still.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord

JOKING

When someone makes fun of the pictures and decides to call them hugging instead of grabbing. (Its just a joke)

super.smash.camel

Smash Apprentice
Australia (What Does It Matter To You, Stalker &gt

wow, er, dude, calm down, he was joking, seriously :ohwell:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
THE AERIAL NOT-DIEING MANEUVER

Sometimes you may find yourself in a severe predicament.

This strapping young man has just been teh ownzor3d

Extensive testing revealed a new technique that we call THE AERIAL NOT-DIEING MANEUVER

Press 1 to not die

applications of this move are numerous, perhaps even it can be used in conjunction with other techniques.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
THE DBL ATTACK

Named after DribblinBallnLuzor687, this technique is accomplished by pressing a series of presses to the A button. It causes the character to make an attack forward which delivers fast blows to the opponent. It can also be caused by holding down that button.

Hee ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya!

Doing such a cool attack can be exhilarating but SERIOUSLY, This guy needs to calm down.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
STALE MOVES ZOMG

Use a particular move too many times and the damage it deals will begin to decrease! Along with the number of friends you have.

Moves will decrease in attack power when used repeatedly and get progressively weaker with additional usage, so try to not go all shine happy this time.

Really I know you all are still going to keep fox/falco-abusing, but seriously, no one likes that.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
SUCKING

Sometimes you just suck at smash and keep missing. Then, Wario shows his imitation of Snake and Zamus at you.

Wario's got back!

But yeah this technique was found immediately we started playing, we missed on one attack and we started sucking.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
STUPIDITY-CANCELLING

Stupidity can now be canceled, so you don't end up like poor Wolfy

LAAAANNNNNNNDDDDDMMMMMAAAAAASSSSSTTTTTTAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!111!!!!1!!one!-GUAGHHHHH!
GAME SET(yeah I know that it saids "EPICFAILURE")

Really who ever said AI was dumb.;)
(Credit to Linko_Ridley for the idea)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
LOGIC-DASHING

Ever find yourself in a troublesome argument?
Now Logic-Dashing is confirmed for Brawl!

Steps to accomplish a successful Logic dash include
1. Cancel out of your momentous arguing (stop saying "No You" in a post argument)
2. Air dodge the arguments coming toward you
3. Aim at the ground, to have a solid base for this argument
4. Directionally influence your thought processes to one side or the other to make your argument smart enough to beat others' logic
5. Enjoy the victory of overcoming the landing lag that is others' logic and go into another attack immediately

SUCCESS

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
LAZINESS

I can't think of any right now, I'm being "Lazy" pic. of it in action:

So lazy.... oh look, food! Mmm... Tasty!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
THE REVERSE GROUND MOMENTUM STOPPING DASH PIVOT

This new technique allows the user to stop their forward ground momentum, even from a dash, and pivots the user to face the other direction. Done while dashing, press the direction opposite your current heading, you completely stop forward momentum, giving you the chance to attack in the opposite direction.

YEEEAAAARRGGGG! I'm a Turning Pirate

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
CANDLEJACKING

This technique is performed by attacking your opponent while he's busy talking to you IRL. This has two uses:
1. Gain a momentum, as the player is now disoriented
2. Get your friend to STFU, as he must now focus on not dying

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
CRAWLING

While on the ground, hold down to duck, then while still holding down, hold another direction to crawl, allows you to sneak up on really dumb opponents, and fight crabs.

Oh, GOD!, he broke my knife. CRAB BATTLE!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
POSING

You may suck, but at least you look good doing it.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Yeah... I don't find the humor in this. Like it or not, all of the AT! threads actually give new and interesting information about Brawl to read about. Lame jokes like this are nothing new, and they're not interesting.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
STALE MOVES ZOMG

I lol'd at this, mainly because shine has set knockback, so only its damage is weakened. Fail.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
JOKING

Really I never said that AT were not Useful, it's just too many people are obsessed with them, this is to make fun of the obvious and funny techniques of smash.

Top Bottom