• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

Bones0

Smash Legend
Joe was the top placing CP student in the free tourney, therefore Joe is the most free CP student.

My logic is sound.

Had a great time playing everyone, even though I didn't do so hot until Chris and I ripped it up in teams (too good). ^.^

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Nah I mean its not about the placings or me being ******** with Mario, I was just pretty impressed with Joe's play overall today. Like he was beating Vist some games in ICs vs Luigi in friendlies. And taking out Redd straight up in that crew battle.

I don't know what approach I should take with the game these days...

Bones0

Smash Legend
I realize I may not be really big on experience, but I think you need to pick main you can rely on. Even in friendlies it seems like you're never too happy with whoever you are playing. It's like you can't find that character that feels just right. Idk if that's how you feel about Luigi, but I literally did not play your Luigi once today (yesterday I guess) so it just seems like he doesn't cut it for you in some aspect of the game, whether it is his limitations as a character or just how your style works with his metagame.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Winston likes Luigi, I think. He just also likes playing other characters, so he gives Luigi a rest from time to time.

I love playing ICs, but other people seem to not like fighting against them as much, so sometimes I steer away from them in friendlies.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I feel like I can rely on Luigi and continue to get better with him if I play him more.

The problem is, space animals are more fun to play in friendlies, at least for now. I didn't have tech skill for the longest time with Fox. I only really made an effort to work on it since last summer, and it's finally starting to pay off, so being able to actually do stuff with Fox is pretty exciting for me. Also, a lot of stuff can only be practiced in games to be implemented effectively, like shield pressure/approaching.

As a result, recently, I've barely played Luigi. I gave up on Marth mostly too. It's been Fox/Falco for friendlies and Luigi for tournaments, which is why I haven't wanted to enter tournamnets.

I think I'll eventually I hit a point, hopefully soon, where I get the basic stuff down with Fox and so without easy things to improve it'll become less fun. At that point though I'm not sure whether I should just play Fox or go back to Luigi.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Winston's luigi beat my Ganon in round 2 pools at pound. It was really close set. I'm starting to get slightly better at that matchup, I thought I played well vs vist yesterday. I need to work on my luigi as well lol.

Vist

Smash Champion
Yeah I sense the salt too

also I call Luigi warm-up johns in those two friendly matches against chival lol -_____________-

oukd

Smash Lord
After yesterday's Smashfest I started playing really differently for some reason...

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for pointing me to this thread in the other ChivalRuse! :D

Um where exactly do these happen what venue? Need to level up.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
The venue is

8000 Boteler Lane
College Park, MD 20740

Apartment number is always either 228 or 325. The rooms are across the "street" from each other anyway, so as long as you're in the courtyards area, it's easy to find both places.

Smashfests happen throughout the week, so if you keep an eye on this thread you can probably find out about something before it happens. But if you're interested in stuff on the weekend, there's always a fest on Friday at one or both of those apartments.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Doc sucks anyways why would I want to play him <_<
Like Falcon but bad
>_>
And without a Nair
The only move I can use

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha not really mad
Doc legit doesn't have a Nair like Falcon / Fox do though
So I can't play him
Also the reason why I sometimes play Marth / Roy because they also have awesome Nairs
And kinda Falco

Top Bottom