• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
The thing some people of a certain political bent on here post is sickening enough, but to stand on the graves of innocents murdered to push bile and hatred against youtube figures and political pundints who i am pretty sure are just as disgusted by the shooters actions.. That is just wrong.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
The original PC game is very fun. In fact, I even prefer it over Rollercoaster Tycoon.

It also has a couple expansion packs that adds marine life and dinosaurs, but I'd say you'd still be getting a fun experience even without them

But don't under any circumstances, play the Xbox One reboot. It's an absolutely abysmal game
Okay so I can pirate it without feeling bad, cool and good.
Marine life is cool so i'll probably get that one

Pakky

Smash Hero
So with all of the marvel news going on and from what I've heard, I starting to think Carol Danvers might be a Mary Sue.
And from what I know about Skrulls I 'm confused by them being called 'refugees' by some people who saw Captain Marvel.

Also this kinda had me a little stunned because I didn't know anything about this.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
So with all of the marvel news going on and from what I've heard, I starting to think Carol Danvers might be a Mary Sue.
And from what I know about Skrulls I 'm confused by them being called 'refugees' by some people who saw Captain Marvel.
Why do you think. It seems that we cant have a Secret Invasion movie now cuz that would be "Culturually Unsensative"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
She really isn't though. Unless of course Hal Jordan is a Gary Stu.
Watch the film and you'll realise why they're called refugees. It's a major plot point.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why do you think. It seems that we cant have a Secret Invasion movie now cuz that would be "Culturually Unsensative"
Which sucks because a 'body snatcher' movie-like would be sick. But it seems they've shot themselves in the foot for the sake of a soap-box which is… interesting.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Let’s not devolve this thread into a “neonazi vs SJW” garbage fest

The fact of the matter is the world is ****ty and it’s rather irresponsible to have a huge platform and stay that complacent.

Edit: also maybe it’s only a handful of people talking about it whoops

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. No, she isn't. Plot allowed her to fail and learn from her mistakes on multiple occasions.
  2. Yeah, they took artistic liberties with Skrull but overall fan feedback seems pretty positive.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
She really isn't though. Unless of course Hal Jordan is a Gary Stu.
Watch the film and you'll realise why they're called refugees. It's a major plot point.
Ya know that's another thing i dont like about the MArvel Captain Marvels theyre all ripoffs

Mar-Vell (who got gender swapped for the movie) Was a ripoff of Superman who even died around the same time only difference is it was to Cancer rather than defending people

Carol is just Hal Jordan with Starfire's powers and Tony Stark's Alcoholism (Never once referenced)

Honestly the only Captain Marvel who is any cool at all is Monica Rambeau but for some reason she got passed over for the title entirely

Pakky

Smash Hero
  1. No, she isn't. Plot allowed her to fail and learn from her mistakes on multiple occasions.
  2. Yeah, they took artistic liberties with Skrull but overall fan feedback seems pretty positive.
I mean but now isn't she in the position to just 'solve the problem'? From what I understand just had a 'Hulk' like accident but gets every for free in no time all and can take out a legion of ships effortlessly? Which is cool I just don't see how you're going to make her struggle though?

On the second point, I mean I guess its a bold choice to potentially future proof yourself from using any material the paint in negative light. I just hope they know what they're doing.
Ya know that's another thing i dont like about the MArvel Captain Marvels theyre all ripoffs

Mar-Vell (who got gender swapped for the movie) Was a ripoff of Superman who even died around the same time only difference is it was to Cancer rather than defending people

Carol is just Hal Jordan with Starfire's powers and Tony Stark's Alcoholism (Never once referenced)

Honestly the only Captain Marvel who is any cool at all is Monica Rambeau but for some reason she got passed over for the title entirely
She in the movie supposedly as a little girl and Carol inspires her. Which is kinda, uncomfortable.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
you know, there comes a tine where throwing around neonazi as an insult is going to get old
Language is constantly evolving and normalizing words can sadly work both ways.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
She in the movie supposedly as a little girl and Carol inspires her. Which is kinda, uncomfortable.
You're saying... Carol Danvers on top of being a Fascist who threw people in jail for pre-crime and beat Tony Stark to Death for disagreeing with her is also a card carrying member of NAMBLA?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fun fact: before I shortened it to “ToasterBrains”, it was “IEatTosterBrains”
Explains why you’re evil
How dare you
:138:
I dare because it brings balance to the world
Mar-Vell (who got gender swapped for the movie)

1. Tbf, Mar-Vell was retconned to have been Carol’s mother in the comics (guess she was the first Mar-Vell before the one we all mainly know became a thing...and died)
2. She has other hero names, so idk...that will benefit her more (alongside Kamala Khan when she joins the MCU as Ms. Marvel)
What’s uncomfortable about her being inspired by
Auntie Carol Danvers?
beat Tony Stark to Death for disagreeing with her is also a card carrying member of NAMBLA?
Ah Civil War 2...shouldn’t have happened cause of both Carol and Miles/Hydra Cap/Banner (before the amazing Immortal Hulk comics happened)

D

Deleted member

You don't get to say bigoted ****, be complacent to bigoted **** and then claim you didn't influence a bigot that cites you as an influence.
I agree. A very prominent part of his fanbase is bigoted, especially with the T-Series controversy as of late.

But let's not pretend that the other side of the political spectrum so to speak has just as a bad influence over it. It creates a atmosphere that seeks victimhood. That doesn't mean that everyone who's some kind of minority is attention seeking, but some people definitely are. Like the Jesse Smollet case as of recently. Not to mention, when you make straight white cis men out to be the ultimate oppressors with no struggles or prejudice against them, guess who you're giving power to by saying that? But okay, you might say **** straight white cis men, they have it easy. Even after that you're still moving down the privilege latter. White women? "They have it easy, they don't have room to talk". Bi? Confirming to the binary, half of which is hetero. Tomboy or girly guy? Egg. Cis gay men and lesbian women? Terfs if they aren't comfortable doing it with someone who's trans.

It's just dumb to give someone more or less credit based on superficial means in the first place. Not to prohibit anyone from being proud or celebrating, but that's different from ranking eachothers privilege based on identity alone. I get very annoyed when I hear that black people can't be racist against white people. Prejudice is prejudice. Even if one group has more hardships generally doesn't excuse an attitude. that makes the problem that much worse.

I regret even talking to you about your identity based off of my passed failures with that identity. I was merely showing concern because I didn't want you to go through the same hardships. I understand that I've hurt you, I don't like that I did that, but it hurts much more when you've come to that conclusion yourself rather than someone else coming to that conclusion for you. But still, just because I've gone through the exact same experience doesn't give me more or less credit because you're surrounded by somewhat different circumstances. Somewhat. The key is that you surround yourself with the same people who let me down years ago.

Pakky

Smash Hero
You're saying... Carol Danvers on top of being a Fascist who threw people in jail for pre-crime and beat Tony Stark to Death for disagreeing with her is also a card carrying member of NAMBLA?
I get the joke but no, its more like from what I gather a little racially insensitive because how I the world in the originator inspired by the second one in line?

That's like Robin inspiring Bruce Wayne to be Batman it makes no sense.

Also why make a grown woman a little girl?

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I agree. A very prominent part of his fanbase is bigoted, especially with the T-Series controversy as of late.

But let's not pretend that the other side of the political spectrum so to speak has just as a bad influence over it. It creates a atmosphere that seeks victimhood. That doesn't mean that everyone who's some kind of minority is attention seeking, but some people definitely are. Like the Jesse Smollet case as of recently. Not to mention, when you make straight white cis men out to be the ultimate oppressors with no struggles or prejudice against them, guess who you're giving power to by saying that? But okay, you might say **** straight white cis men, they have it easy. Even after that you're still moving down the privilege latter. White women? "They have it easy, they don't have room to talk". Bi? Confirming to the binary, half of which is hetero. Tomboy or girly guy? Egg. Cis gay men and lesbian women? Terfs if they aren't comfortable doing it with someone who's trans.

It's just dumb to give someone more or less credit based on superficial means in the first place. Not to prohibit anyone from being proud or celebrating, but that's different from ranking eachothers privilege based on identity alone. I get very annoyed when I hear that black people can't be racist against white people. Prejudice is prejudice. Even if one group has more hardships generally doesn't excuse an attitude. that makes the problem that much worse.

I regret even talking to you about your identity based off of my passed failures with that identity. I was merely showing concern because I didn't want you to go through the same hardships. I understand that I've hurt you, I don't like that I did that, but it hurts much more when you've come to that conclusion yourself rather than someone else coming to that conclusion for you. But still, just because I've gone through the exact same experience doesn't give me more or less credit because you're surrounded by somewhat different circumstances. Somewhat. The key is that you surround yourself with the same people who let me down years ago.
It is what i been saying all along, if what you believe about cis straight white men sounds like what Adolf believed about the jews, them maybe I'M not the one whos a nazi :p

D

Deleted member

****, you know what I just realized. It's been 15 days during this month and Atlus still has yet to mention anything about Persona 5.

GIVE IT UP FOR DAY 15!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
tbh carol ****ing sucks in the comics

i love mcu carol tho
She used to be very good in the comics
her being ***** and the Avengers not giving a **** aside
, but then the short haircut and Civil War 2 happened...now they’re trying to remix her and it’s taking a lot of work
****, you know what I just realized. It's been 15 days during this month and Atlus still has yet to mention anything about Persona 5.

GIVE IT UP FOR DAY 15!

I thought about this yesterday, and I’m thinking they might’ve forgotten or are waiting until very late March

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It is what i been saying all along, if what you believe about cis straight white men sounds like what Adolf believed about the jews, them maybe I'M not the one whos a nazi :p
I get what you're saying, and it makes sense. However, you're kinda making a straw man argument. I doubt a sizable portion of the populace treat cis straight men like jews under Nazi germany or believe that they're objectively worse. On the other hand, there are a whole bunch of neo-nazis who not only believe that minorities are inferior, but shoot people for it (like the racially motivated New Zealand mass shooting) or harass them in a more impactful way.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I get what you're saying, and it makes sense. However, you're kinda making a straw man argument. I doubt a sizable portion of the populace treat cis straight men like jews under Nazi germany or believe that they're objectively worse. On the other hand, there are a whole bunch of neo-nazis who not only believe that minorities are inferior, but shoot people for it (like the racially motivated New Zealand mass shooting) or harass them in a more impactful way.
Yeah I'm a straight cis lad and I haven't really been treated like that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Shouldn't that be NAWGLA?

Very well said, Prince Alucard.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ya know?

It'd be kinda nice if we talked about Smash for once.

I don't think a thread like this is the right place to discuss politics...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom