• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
We wait my friends, the direct (or if not even direct, joker and smash news) will be here soon. Our patience will rewarded with joker and more glorious smash bros.

Real mood tho
FFDEA0A8-5284-49BC-BD2F-CF5704BBF770.jpeg

D

Deleted member

>Finds a program that automatically generates YTP's
>Downloads it only to discover that it doesn't work on the School Computers

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
...huh.

I've gained 565 new subscribers in the last 28 days and I haven't ****ing published anything since December.

Not that I'm not grateful but wtf.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did anyone actually expect one though?
Well yeah given Directs are done in the 1st or 2nd weeks of the month. I don't ever recall one happening outside then except for game-specific ones and Indies.

Not to mention I would think they would want to show Joker's gameplay and all in a Direct a few weeks before his launch. Mewtwo was shown off April 1st and released April 15th.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not really.

If "Jane" is in fact an alt costume, and Atlus has yet to properly show her off until April 24th, why would Nintendo be allowed to release her before then?
Because this wait has gone from building hype to building frustration. Nintendo should not have done Jojer first of there were all these stipulations surrounding him.

You honestly think ATLUS controls Nintendo's direct dates?

Last time I checked, April was longer than 25 days.
Fair enough but I’m still mad. I feel like I was robbed of the hype period by not having a release date to count down to.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Every time directs aren’t announced everyone converts to “y’all realize you’re overexcited for an ad right” for a day

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So, no direct, huh?
2019_03_30_085600-1.png

I'd say I'm getting impatient, but I've made it this far. I'm more numb than anything. :132:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I mean let’s be honest, this is going to change nothing.
This community never learns anything. The moment another unverified, unreliable Direct rumor pops up everyone will believe it all over again.
Anyways, can’t wait for Joker to be a colossal disappointment!
How the **** are you still the exact same person as you were in November dude

The game's out. The weather is beautiful. Play a few Spirit battles and go outside man

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Every time directs aren’t announced everyone converts to “y’all realize you’re overexcited for an ad right” for a day
Of course they’re ads. They’re also the only means of tiding us over with information before the game’s release.
Man I wish I was a kid again and games just constantly came out all the time, or at least it felt that way cause I didn’t even know games were “announced” back then

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you think about it, it's just an extra 14 days. That's two weeks. That's 336 hours. That's 20160 minutes. That's 1209600 seconds, it's not that much.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well yeah given Directs are done in the 1st or 2nd weeks of the month. I don't ever recall one happening outside then except for game-specific ones and Indies.

Not to mention I would think they would want to show Joker's gameplay and all in a Direct a few weeks before his launch. Mewtwo was shown off April 1st and released April 15th.
Yeah I know but at this rate I’m just expecting it to be at the last possible day in April.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
How the **** are you still the exact same person as you were in November dude

The game's out. The weather is beautiful. Play a few Spirit battles and go outside man
I really was kinda hoping everyone forgot about all those posts I made back then.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Because this wait has gone from building hype to building frustration. Nintendo should not have done Jojer first of there were all these stipulations surrounding him.
We don't know everything (or hardly anything) regarding his release or what Atlus's involvement is. It could be that the release was initially planned for March but due to late development problems in P5R/P5S, Atlus had to delay and thus so did Nintendo. Or this was the plan all along and Nintendo didn't think waiting four months when we already had the goddamn game to play was a big deal.

Maybe it's just because I'm old and have other obligations that keep me from browsing the internet for gaming news all day, but I really think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. He's a single DLC character. We already know he exists. He'll be out eventually. Chill and enjoy the over 70 freaking characters we already have.

When he's out you're all just going to jump onto the next hype train the same way and we'll do this cycle all over again.

D

Deleted member

@faygoshill so like
Am I missing something about the post game
Lol I’ve just been doing quests I haven’t finished tbh
there are a bunch of superbosses ranging from level 100-130 scattered across alrest after you beat the game

they have crazy ****ing strong loot so your goal is to beat them and snag some of their phat gains and use it to get more phat gains

also doing the dlc challenge mode stuff basically requres these phat gains so there's that

and also there's like, 100%ing your blades and doing quests and such

there's also torna the golden country ofc

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm genuinely shocked people thought there even could've been a direct announcement today. Like come on guys. I understand being hopeful, but you know deep down we aren't getting joker until we get more info on P5R

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is fine tbh

Means I have time to sneak a Neku Sakuraba cameo in my fanfic before Erdrick is probably confirmed as the Square rep I mean uH WHAT

also eyyyy Flyboy Flyboy haven’t seen you outside the Elma thread in a while

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If you think about it, it's just an extra 14 days. That's two weeks. That's 336 hours. That's 20160 minutes. That's 1209600 seconds, it's not that much.
You had to do us like that, huh?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Has anyone considered the possibility of there being no Direct at all?

Like, the Joker DLC reveal will actually be in the Atlus announcement?

D

Deleted member

tbh two weeks isn't that long

or maybe i just feel like it is because time's been moving so damn fast

it'll probably slow down by the 26th

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We don't know everything (or hardly anything) regarding his release or what Atlus's involvement is. It could be that the release was initially planned for March but due to late development problems in P5R/P5S, Atlus had to delay and thus so did Nintendo. Or this was the plan all along and Nintendo didn't think waiting four months when we already had the goddamn game to play was a big deal.

Maybe it's just because I'm old and have other obligations that keep me from browsing the internet for gaming news all day, but I really think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. He's a single DLC character. We already know he exists. He'll be out eventually. Chill and enjoy the over 70 freaking characters we already have.

When he's out you're all just going to jump onto the next hype train the same way and we'll do this cycle all over again.
But that’s it. I CAN’T get hyped because there’s no concrete end in sight. There’s no countdown. There’s no fanfare.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

problem with this theory is that PSL is a japan-only stream, and they need to detail 3.0.0 stuff at some point

atlus isn't going to make their audience sit through sakurai listing off details for an update to a nintendo game they might not play, and equally it'd be odd to show all that stuff off when most people outside of japan aren't even going to be watching

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Fair enough but I’m still mad. I feel like I was robbed of the hype period by not having a release date to count down to.
But that’s it. I CAN’T get hyped because there’s no concrete end in sight. There’s no countdown. There’s no fanfare.
The "stipulations" can't be proven one way or the other, and would have likely been the same case even if it was a different character.

Also the release date isn't exactly needed, we were told "before the end of April" for a reason.

That and all the other P5 news this month adds up perfectly, we just refuse to believe it until the explicitly say it.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I really was kinda hoping everyone forgot about all those posts I made back then.
Then like...stop making them?

This is fine tbh

Means I have time to sneak a Neku Sakuraba cameo in my fanfic before Erdrick is probably confirmed as the Square rep I mean uH WHAT

also eyyyy Flyboy Flyboy haven’t seen you outside the Elma thread in a while
Now that's my kind of cameo!

Yeah, I mostly hang out in the Elma and Joker general threads now since I spend most of my time actually playing Smash (or WWE2K19, I'll be real) when I'm not working. But the Stage Builder leak got me all excited again. I missed this thread.

D

Deleted member

I brought up the idea once or twice but everyone went "Nope, there has to be a Direct!" so I just followed that and started predicting one as well.

That said, I'm still not convinced 100% that even if we get one it will be Smash centered. I think a lot of people are hyping 3.0.0 too much.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
problem with this theory is that PSL is a japan-only stream, and they need to detail 3.0.0 stuff at some point

atlus isn't going to make their audience sit through sakurai listing off details for an update to a nintendo game they might not play, and equally it'd be odd to show all that stuff off when most people outside of japan aren't even going to be watching
Shulk was revealed in a Japan only direct lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom