• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just a reminder that I’m holding an assist trophy contest and today is the last day to enter.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The FE dlc packs are litterally called seasons and I think Fates went up to 4
MK8 went in steps, never defined but clearly seperate
fates has two map packs, purchasable together in one season pass
echoes has five map packs, still all purchased together in one season pass
warriors has three content packs, all part of one season pass
awakening is a big old cluster**** i won't even try to unpick, but that was still a barrage of DLC released from feb-june 2013 then never touched again

we could equally call the fighter's pass a 'season pass' of five challenger packs, and just like with fire emblem, i don't see any precedent for another one coming out once the current one is done.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude. The actors contract is up. Him and Iron Man are dead. Maybe Thor and Hulk to, but I’m not sure.
That ignores that there are ways to write off a character without killing them off though.

It's not confirmed they'll die yet. Possible? Absolutely. Likely? Potentially. But not confirmed.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The anime Love Is Hard for an Otaku is great because it stright up showed MH on switch
I couldn't help but smile at that since I myself also have MH on the Switch. <3
Based on the icons and context, it was a High-rank Rathian/Rathalos quest (pretty common in the MH series actually), and he got 2 Rathalos Rubies, a rare drop as it is. A similar situation would be looking for Rath plates. More MH would be beautiful.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That ignores that there are ways to write off a character without killing them off though.

It's not confirmed they'll die yet. Possible? Absolutely. Likely? Potentially. But not confirmed.
I’d rather they sacrifice themselves fighting their most dangerous foe ever rather than just retire or something.

I can’t wait to see Rhodes and Bucky take up their mantels.

D

Deleted member

Dear Mr. Russo 1 and Mr. Russo 2

If you make Carol and Thor get together I will literally default dance on the both of you

Sincerely, me

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I honestly thought more about it and Erdrick would be more like a Nintendo pick whereas Geno would be a Sakurai pick which seems to make Erdrick more likely as Nintendo is picking the DLC, Not Sakurai so unless Sakurai really pushed hard for Geno and pulled in a few favors around Nintendo sadly my boy's not getting in.

If Erdrick is in I'll be happy for DQ fans definitely as we could still get a Season 2 with Geno in it granted there's nothing saying we will get a Season 2 but it's always a possibility.

Anyways I'm going back to sleep I'm not feeling very well.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai was around when Dragon Quest III released. It's Japan's Halo 3, LOADS of kids skipped school and got arrested to get their hands on that game. Not gonna lie, but I'm thinking you're too focused on Geno

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I couldn't help but smile at that since I myself also have MH on the Switch. <3
Based on the icons and context, it was a High-rank Rathian/Rathalos quest (pretty common in the MH series actually), and he got 2 Rathalos Rubies, a rare drop as it is. A similar situation would be looking for Rath plates. More MH would be beautiful.
id love another MH on switch. If they do make one, I wonder what new stuff they willl add

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’d rather they sacrifice themselves fighting their most dangerous foe ever rather than just retire or something.

I can’t wait to see Rhodes and Bucky take up their mantels.
I can practically guarantee Rhodes won't take up the mantle. Don Cheadle's in his fifties. I don't think he'll be playing War Machine for too much longer, really.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
in this essay i will explain why square enix is heading a massive erdrick leakbait operation to throw every known leaker off the scent of the biggest-kept secret in corporate history: namely, a character from a moderately-successful jrpg for the 3DS

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can practically guarantee Rhodes won't take up the mantle. Don Cheadle's in his fifties. I don't think he'll be playing War Machine for too much longer, really.
Well then who’s going to be the next Iron Man? Literally NO other character has been set up or prominently featured that could do that.

D

Deleted member

Plot twist: Captain America and Iron Man don’t die, but instead go on retirement after Endgame and stop being heroes for the rest of the MCU.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What if the DLC characters outside the first season pass don’t come with stages tho, especially if they’re in a second season pass...?

Food for thought

D

Deleted member

My Ipad didn’t load right and I thought that the post didn’t get released.

Delete this post please.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well then who’s going to be the next Iron Man? Literally NO other character has been set up or prominently featured that could do that.
maybe pepper or something oh wait
Screenshot_2019-03-14-10-45-46~2.png

tbh they could always introduce someone new or something

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's just the thing. There IS no one who could take up the mantle. Feige and the casting department likely know full well that no one will be able to compare to Tony Stark, so why not just retire the character? Just shift the focus away from Iron Man. There doesn't need to be a "new Iron Man."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wonder how hard it is to host a Mafia game in DGames

It seems fun and like something I'd wanna do...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's actually not Erdrick, instead, it's actually a character named Eric. The leakers got his name wrong.

Now which Eric out of the millions out there? Rumors say Eric Cartman, Eric Andre, and Eric from Tim and Eric.

D

Deleted member

...Spidey perhaps? They can also retire Iron Man in general for a while
Eh I would rather Peter be Spidey instead of Iron Man
I would prefer Tony just like die or retire and just kinda not show up for a phase or something because he was the MC for this whole saga and now this is the last Thanos saga movie so it would be nice to give other characters a chance to shine

I could also potentially see Bucky Cap ngl

D

Deleted member

I wonder how hard it is to host a Mafia game in DGames

It seems fun and like something I'd wanna do...
Ain't that hard as long as you don't accidentally send out the wrong results to the wrong person like I think I'll do 80% of the time.

D

Deleted member

Guys,calm down. There’s only one character that can replace Iron Man. Heck, she’ll succeed him!

45FA9E5F-74F9-43B2-A765-9E7852500DAF.jpeg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's actually not Erdrick, instead, it's actually a character named Eric. The leakers got his name wrong.

Now which Eric out of the millions out there? Rumors say Eric Cartman, Eric Andre, and Eric from Tim and Eric.
1552575048758.jpeg

Just to intentionally ignore the joke,
DQ11 Erik...
Would actually be kinda fun

Cracke

Smash Journeyman

Eric the ****** Psycho From Borderlands?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
id love another MH on switch. If they do make one, I wonder what new stuff they willl add
I crave more non-wyvern mons, like bugs or something. All we got here in GenU are like Seltas and the Queen (and that final boss), and some small mon bugs that we generally don't care about. At least we also got them crabs for non-wyverns too.
Also, I may have a guilty interest in wanting to see more hazardous spots, like in Frontier. That game has a flower map with dangerous plants for example, or deserts with quicksand that could hold you in place. Basically stuff to make you be more aware of the environment itself.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Plot twist: Captain America and Iron Man don’t die, but instead go on retirement after Endgame and stop being heroes for the rest of the MCU.
#boringplottwist

maybe pepper or something oh wait
View attachment 198153
tbh they could always introduce someone new or something
That could work. Maybe introduce Riri or something and Batman Beyond it. Still would feel weird though.

...Spidey perhaps? They can also retire Iron Man in general for a while
Oh god would people throw a hissy fit over that.

That's just the thing. There IS no one who could take up the mantle. Feige and the casting department likely know full well that no one will be able to compare to Tony Stark, so why not just retire the character? Just shift the focus away from Iron Man. There doesn't need to be a "new Iron Man."
One of the things I love about superheroes is that they aren’t just people in costumes. They’re symbols. They inspire people to be better than they are. Iron Man is more than just Tony Stark. I really want to see a film explore what it’s like for someone with their own set of baggage to inherit a mantle like that and live up to peoples expectations and find their own unique way to be that hero. And sense DC never gets far enough into their film franchises to do anything like that I have to cone scratching and clawing and begging at Marvel’s door for them to try.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Eric Andre main day 1

His Final Smash is him ranting about how he doesn’t need his meds anymore and then Hannibal calls him a ***** before the We’ll be right back screen appears

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ain't that hard as long as you don't accidentally send out the wrong results to the wrong person like I think I'll do 80% of the time.
That's what I figured. I would have to read up on some more of the Mafia things.

Maybe in the meantime while I'm trying to think of ideas, I'll probably host a little text adventure RPG thing in this thread if people would be interested.

D

Deleted member

. I really want to see a film explore what it’s like for someone with their own set of baggage to inherit a mantle like that and live up to peoples expectations and find their own unique way to be that hero.
bucky cap bucky cap

bucky doesn't exactly have the best public image so it would be interesting to see how he would pull off the captain america mantle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom