• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Crap. I hate that. I really really hate that.

The Justice League wouldn’t get used to it. They’d make a plan then and there and chase down that purple dildo-head and fix everything right away. They wouldn’t wait.

Nope. I vastly prefer DC.
Which is why Wonder woman is the best.

Ditto. Also Reverse Flash is amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder how they’re gonna handle Thanos. He’s won, he doesn’t really have any motivation left.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
tbh I don't really read too many comics nowadays so most of my exposure to superheroes is through movies, and damn does Marvel have good ones and damn does DC not have good ones
I meant movie and comics wise.

Though I agree Marvel movies seem better, DC needs to step their game up (Wonder Woman was actually not bad at all)

D

Deleted member

He's not gonna be happy about the Avengers trying to reset the goal he's spent thousands of years achieving
Isn’t the infinity gauntlet supposed to be broken though? I’m probably forgetting something but that’s the only way I can see them bringing the dead back to life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Isn’t the infinity gauntlet supposed to be broken though? I’m probably forgetting something but that’s the only way I can see them bringing the dead back to life.
Did you not remember that throw away line in Ant-Man and The Wasp where Janet says there are time fissures in the microverse?

That’s seriously what we’re latching on to. Time travel via shrinking.

D

Deleted member

Did you not remember that throw away line in Ant-Man and The Wasp where Janet says there are time fissures in the microverse?

That’s seriously what we’re latching on to. Time travel via shrinking.
Infinity War is the only marvel movie I watched. That sounds a bit dumb though.

D

Deleted member

I meant movie and comics wise.

Though I agree Marvel movies seem better, DC needs to step their game up (Wonder Woman was actually not bad at all)
I didn't like Wonder Woman when it completely destroyed a cool theme it was setting up tbh. It went from "pretty good" to "eh" once they revealed Ares was real all along
I heard Aquaman was pretty good though I haven't watched it yet

The Justice League wouldn’t get used to it. They’d make a plan then and there and chase down that purple dildo-head and fix everything right away. They wouldn’t wait.
I mean what in the **** are they supposed to do
The man has all 6 Infinity Stones, and while he can't pull another snap he's still incredibly, incredibly powerful. Not to mention that so many of their best heroes are dead because of their own failings. They need time, and perhaps a Captain Marvel could also help ;)
That's what I'm excited for, they literally haven't shown us anything of importance and I can't wait to see what happens
Time travel?
Journey into the Soul Stone?
IDFK and I'm all the more excited to know

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Nope. I vastly prefer DC.
The major difference is that the Justice League is mostly composed of near-godlike characters, powerwise. Look at who's left of the Avengers. Cap, Widow, Rocket, and Hawkeye are strong, but very much mortal, Iron Man's lost in space, Banner can't go Hulk, War Machine, despite his suit, is still a mortal man (and dealing with a crippling disability, to boot). Captain Marvel is only just now joining, Ant-Man is only now just arriving back at the Avengers base. Thor, up until this point, was pretty much the only one who could match Thanos in raw strength.

Then there's the fact that none of the remaining Avengers would even now where to find Thanos, but even if they did, it'd be a losing battle. Why throw away the lives of the remaining heroes when there's still half a world to defend? It's very likely going to take time for them to regroup, explaining the timeskip.

But on a more meta note, it's done that way to build the audience's emotional investment for a greater payoff.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Avengers Endgame is just Fire Emblem Awakening. Thanos is Grima. The Avengers are the kids.

Rocket = Yarne
Black Widow = Kjelle
Nebula = Severa
Captain Marvel = Lucina
Hawkeye = Noire
Cap = Gerome
Iron Man = Owain
Ant-Man = Inigo
Thor = Brady
Okoye = Nah
War Machine = Cynthia
Hulk = Laurent
Pepper Potts = Morgan

D

Deleted member

calling it right now carol and thor are gonna buddy cop their way through space to get some cosmic help

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Avengers Endgame is just Fire Emblem Awakening. Thanos is Grima. The Avengers are the kids.

Rocket = Yarne
Black Widow = Kjelle
Nebula = Severa
Captain Marvel = Lucina
Hawkeye = Noire
Cap = Gerome
Iron Man = Owain
Ant-Man = Inigo
Thor = Brady
Okoye = Nah
War Machine = Cynthia
Hulk = Laurent
Pepper Potts = Morgan
I kinda feel like Owain and Inigo should be switched. :p

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hmm... it looks like Mew2King has an open arena now...

I'll try to get in after I warm up (b/c I wanna at least do somewhat better than yesterday's match).

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I kinda feel like Owain and Inigo should be switched. :p
I contemplated that but Iron Man and War Machine are similar so I figured "Make them the two over the top kids, the armour is wack and perfect for them"

D

Deleted member

as we can see from the dialogue in the endgame trailer where cap says that they'll do "whatever it takes" we can reasonably infer from that line that the shot with ant-man running is him leaping into thanos' asshole so he can grow really big while inside and blow him up

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

as we can see from the dialogue in the endgame trailer where cap says that they'll do "whatever it takes" we can reasonably infer from that line that the shot with ant-man running is him leaping into thanos' ******* so he can grow really big while inside and blow him up
I have several questions.

D

Deleted member

as we can see from the dialogue in the endgame trailer where cap says that they'll do "whatever it takes" we can reasonably infer from that line that the shot with ant-man running is him leaping into thanos' ******* so he can grow really big while inside and blow him up
Can’t wait for the vore jokes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didn't like Wonder Woman when it completely destroyed a cool theme it was setting up tbh. It went from "pretty good" to "eh" once they revealed Ares was real all along
I heard Aquaman was pretty good though I haven't watched it yet

I mean what in the **** are they supposed to do
The man has all 6 Infinity Stones, and while he can't pull another snap he's still incredibly, incredibly powerful. Not to mention that so many of their best heroes are dead because of their own failings. They need time, and perhaps a Captain Marvel could also help ;)

That's what I'm excited for, they literally haven't shown us anything of importance and I can't wait to see what happens
Time travel?
Journey into the Soul Stone?
IDFK and I'm all the more excited to know
Yeah. Time for every last shred of hope to be eradicated completely and for the entire universe to fall into a crippling state of depression it might never recover from. For nations to collapse because their leaders are dead. For crime to run rampant because the prison guards are dead. For gang wars to start because the mob bosses are dead. For earth to be destroyed be aliens because most of the AVENGERS are dead. The more time they wait the worse the world, and every other world, will get. And it’s their ****ing fault for not trying harder.

Seriously. It’s everything Superman said in JLA/Avengers about the Marvel Universe. They have a ****ing job to do and they are not doing it. You push through the pain. Your own issues don’t matter because you are a symbol for the people. When all hopes lost they look to you as heroes to find it and you just gave up. Some heroes you turned out to be.

Why did I start writing like I was actually talking to them? Sorry. Sometimes I just get kind of lost in thought and type out a whole rant before I realize what I’m doing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I started being a DC person who also checked Marvel stuff when I was 3 years old, but when I saw the scene where Robin turned into Joker’s son in Batman Beyond:Return Of The Joker and it got deep inside me, I stopped checking anything related to Batman in any form for years and went to Marvel.

I would not touch anything related to DC in years until LEGO released both the Marvel and DC Super Heroes brand of products in 2012 and got back into DC to some extent.

From DC, I love most of the Superman stuff, the Justice League animated series, Mask Of The Phanstam, the LEGO stuff, Burton’s Batman, the first two Superman movies with Christopher Reeves, Wonder Woman and mostly stuff related to Green Lantern (consider my view on him similar to the one I have on the Fantastic Four but not as expanded). In general, DC makes good comics, animated series like Justice League action and LEGO sets. They are meh with live action stuff, sadly.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Time for every last shred of hope to be eradicated completely and for the entire universe to fall into a crippling state of depression it might never recover from. For nations to collapse because their leaders are dead. For crime to run rampant because the prison guards are dead. For gang wars to start because the mob bosses are dead. For earth to be destroyed be aliens because most of the AVENGERS are dead. The more time they wait the worse the world, and every other world, will get. And it’s their ****ing fault for not trying harder.

Seriously. It’s everything Superman said in JLA/Avengers about the Marvel Universe. They have a ****ing job to do and they are not doing it. You push through the pain. Your own issues don’t matter because you are a symbol for the people. When all hopes lost they look to you as heroes to find it and you just gave up. Some heroes you turned out to be.

Why did I start writing like I was actually talking to them? Sorry. Sometimes I just get kind of lost in thought and type out a whole rant before I realize what I’m doing.
Yeah but also look at what Opossum said

They should probably focus on putting the half of the world left back together BEFORE they try and fight this guy who's waaaaaay above their power level

At this point in time only Thor is remotely comparable to Thanos. The Avengers don't exactly have a Superman with them. They literally stand zero chance against this guy. Might as well focus on those still alive before flinging themselves at an unwinnable battle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Has anyone else ever read the official JLA/Avengers crossover comic? I make a point of going back and reading it once a year because I love it so much.
Isn't that the one where Joker realizes he'd been working with a nazi and then betray Red Skull because even the Joker thinks nazis can **** off?

Also Endgame needs Captain Marvel saving a little half-American half-Pakistan girl

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve always been more a DC guy than a Marvel guy. Granted, it’s been a bit tough to keep that up in recent years.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Isn't that the one where Joker realizes he'd been working with a nazi and then betray Red Skull because even the Joker thinks nazis can **** off?

Also Endgame needs Captain Marvel saving a little half-American half-Pakistan girl
That panel is the image featured on the Even Evil Has Standards article on TV Tropes :awesome:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Idk if all of you were aware but PolarPanda PolarPanda said this a couple days ago
There was a problem fetching the tweet
only if i can use my stage builder stages online will i give a damn

also, insert ungrateful "b-b-but where's break the targets????" line here

If racoons are in space, what makes anything else unlikely?
unless ms. marvel is a skrull they aint gonna find one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yo yo yo

this would be a slick af way to subtly introduce kamala into the mcu, like how they introduced miles' existence in homecoming

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom