• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Man, I always miss the arenas.

I'd love to participate, but I'm not home right now, so I can't.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've been thinking about this a lot but Nintendo has seen a lot of success with Nintendo Directs over the years and I feel like, in a way, it boils down to them getting their own day, hell maybe even week or month, that no other company tries to compete with. I feel like these types of presentations from the other big two could really only do them good. E3's archaic "see who'll win" approach feels like it's losing traction as the years go by with Nintendo dropping conferences, then EA, and now Sony. Anyone else think they should just kill these things already?
Nah. E3's also a business decision more than anything else. Reporters and Stockholders and guys in suits go there, not cosplaying fans.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
nawwww you asked first! I insist!!! That sixth spot has your name on it, haha! :laugh:
You have got to be the most genuinely nice person on this forum.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't know why but I just remembered that Nioh started development in two-thousand ****ing four. 2004.

That game took 13 years to make...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You have got to be the most genuinely nice person on this forum.
awwww you're so nice!!! This means a lot :'^)

You're really chill too, don't discredit yourself haha! I'm nowhere near the nicest person here! There's some times where I don't think I'm nice enough LOL

KMDP

Smash Legend
If I remember right, the original plan was to do ep. 1-4, but 1 and then especially 2 failed to meet sales expectations so they cancelled the other two.

I never played ep.2, but ep.1 was a big disappointment.
Episode 2 was better than Episode 1 in pretty much every way.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
All that matters about E3 conferences is that Sony will seemingly find a way to be boring as hell
Glad I'm not the only one, then. Everyone's been foaming at the mouth over Sony's games this generation, when only a handful have seemed appealing to me, and only because of prior familiarity. Godzilla, Bloodborne, and Spider-Man are the reasons I bought the system; Godzilla and Spider-Man because I've loved those series since my earliest memories, and Bloodborne because I love Dark Souls.

Then again, same goes for most of Microsoft's exclusives, too. I'm only a huge fan of Halo. Never touched Gears of War, Forza, or anything else.

The only original Sony exclusive I've ever cared about is Resistance, because it's one of the most creative and intriguing shooters ever, but it's completely dead right now, so there's nothing for me there.

Man, I always miss the arenas.

I'd love to participate, but I'm not home right now, so I can't.
We should put some effort into organizing arenas in terms of scheduling and hosting, so that we can avoid people missing out and avoid connection issues. Not sure how to begin that, though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
American Cockroaches are lovely creatures.

In case the italics aren't enough to indicate sarcasm, I actually hate them with a fiery passion. They can grow up to two inches long and they can fly. Have any of you ever had a red, 1.6-inch long cockroach fly towards you before? I have. More then once. It's not fun. The only creature I can think of that I hate more are ants.

If you can't tell I recently had a fun experience with one.

KMDP

Smash Legend
awwww you're so nice!!! This means a lot :'^)

You're really chill too, don't discredit yourself haha! I'm nowhere near the nicest person here! There's some times where I don't think I'm nice enough LOL
The name of the nicest person on the thread starts with Noi and ends with Poi. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And Nintendo has been taking 13 years to localize Mother 3!
Suuuuuuuure they have.

In other words, you know what sucks?

Losing your 3DS. That's what sucks.

I got Pokémon Platinum, my favorite Pokémon game, for $5 at a garage sale last week and I look around my house to find my 3DS and I can't find it.

I've looked everywhere, some places multiple times. I even looked inside the couch I typically play games on thinking it might've fallen in. I had a lot of games on that, and I was gonna get some more like Dragon Quest 8 and the Bowser's Inside Story remake, but I guess not anymore. I've kinda given up on finding it.

I've wanted to get a New 2DS XL for a while now (the purple one looks slick), but I didn't want to have to get one like this.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

In case the italics aren't enough to indicate sarcasm, I actually hate them with a fiery passion. They can grow up to two inches long and they can fly. Have any of you ever had a red, 1.6-inch long cockroach fly towards you before? I have. More then once. It's not fun. The only creature I can think of that I hate more are ants.

Have I ever told you the story of when a swarm of Pennsylvania wood cockroaches crawled in through an open window one summer day, and the proceeding breakdown that followed?

It's not a fun story. I hate cockroaches. Especially ones that fly.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
So I've got a question for the thread:

What's a game you always assumed was going to be made, but never did?

I was thinking about this today. How I swore Splatoon would come to the 3DS or a Smash 64 port would come to the DS.
A while back I thought Ocarina of Time was going to have a remake on the DS, and I thought there was gonna be a Smash game for the DS.
And also, maybe it's still too soon to say, but I feel like a port of 3D World for the Switch is in the works, but it's hard to say because Mario Maker 2 seemingly uses elements from 3D World.

D

Deleted member

Suuuuuuuure they have.

In other words, you know what sucks?

Losing your 3DS. That's what sucks.

I got Pokémon Platinum, my favorite Pokémon game, for $5 at a garage sale last week (that's a major steal. It was in a pile with other, not so good games including this one math game my mom made me play when I was a kid) and I look around my house to find my 3DS and I can't find it.

I've looked everywhere, some places multiple times. I even looked inside the couch I typically play games on thinking it might've fallen in. I had a lot of games on that, and I was gonna get some more like Dragon Quest 8 and the Bowser's Inside Story remake, but I guess not anymore. I've kinda given up on finding it.

I've wanted to get a New 2DS XL for a while now (the purple one looks slick), but I didn't want to have to get one like this.
I at least wish Nintendo remade Partners in Time before Bowser's Inside Story...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Glad I'm not the only one, then. Everyone's been foaming at the mouth over Sony's games this generation, when only a handful have seemed appealing to me, and only because of prior familiarity. Godzilla, Bloodborne, and Spider-Man are the reasons I bought the system; Godzilla and Spider-Man because I've loved those series since my earliest memories, and Bloodborne because I love Dark Souls.

Then again, same goes for most of Microsoft's exclusives, too. I'm only a huge fan of Halo. Never touched Gears of War, Forza, or anything else.

The only original Sony exclusive I've ever cared about is Resistance, because it's one of the most creative and intriguing shooters ever, but it's completely dead right now, so there's nothing for me there.

We should put some effort into organizing arenas in terms of scheduling and hosting, so that we can avoid people missing out and avoid connection issues. Not sure how to begin that, though.
God of War and Spider-Man were excellent games and God of War deserved all the attention and Game of the Years it got. Cory Barlog fought tooth and nail to bring his vision to life and I sincerely respect a man who can overcome all the odds and give his all to a project.

Now, on Bloodborne. Oh, baby. Bloodborne is the best "Souls" game. It nailed that atmosphere so ****ing well and had the coolest outfits and most bombastic enemies, frustratingly challenging yet smooth gameplay, and the most active and relentless enemies of all of the Dark Souls games. Definitely got a PS4 for Bloodborne and Nioh. Those games are DAMN good.

Ghosts of Tsushima and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice are also looking promising. I think Sony has decent games but damn do they take longer than life to release those things.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I don't think I've ever actually seen a Cockroach before.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I've got a question for the thread:

What's a game you always assumed was going to be made, but never did?

I was thinking about this today. How I swore Splatoon would come to the 3DS or a Smash 64 port would come to the DS.
4u538syubz511.jpg

I saw this in a Nintendo Power magazine and I was so excited about it. I forgot about it until a couple of years later, when I found out that it was a sick April Fools prank by the guys over there.

I still want it to happen though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Sony knocked it out of the park at E3 2016. The issue was that E3 2016 was reran in 2017 and 2018.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You'd think a god would have better threats than dox threats ngl
The Gods had to change their punishment policies for the new age.

One Blasphemy is a divine doxxing. Two Blasphemies is a plague on your house.

Three Blasphemies is where the smiting starts.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I at least wish Nintendo remade Partners in Time before Bowser's Inside Story...
It's really weird that they didn't.

I hope it's because they're saving the best Mario game for the Switch, but in reality it's because of this:
On why Partners in Time was skipped as AlphaDream remakes the Mario & Luigi games…

Otani: The biggest point was that Mario & Luigi 3, Bowser’s Inside Story, was the best received title in the series, so we really wanted to do a remake of that. And we also really liked the idea of portraying Bowser and Bowser Jr. as a parent and child in the new mode, which is similar to the mode we added to the Superstar Saga remake. Also, the character Fawful was received very well overseas, so we wanted to bring him back and we wanted to show the continued saga with him that we started with Bowser’s Minions in the remake of Superstar Saga.
We're likely not getting that remake anytime soon, unfortunately.

Man, between this, my lost 3DS, and my disappointment from believing an April Fools prank, I'm sure on a roll with the depressing posts tonight, aren't I?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Then you are lucky.

Our old house was just by a forest, so I've seen all kinds of vermin closer than I'd like: snakes, scorpions, centipedes, wasps, bats etc.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have I ever told you the story of when a swarm of Pennsylvania wood cockroaches crawled in through an open window one summer day, and the proceeding breakdown that followed?

It's not a fun story. I hate cockroaches. Especially ones that fly.
I just knew someone would come in and one up my story with one about a swarm.

Thankfully American cockroaches don't seem to swarm. The most I've ever had to deal with at a time was like, three.
I envy you. I don't know what it is about roaches in particular, but for some reason they really creep me out more then any other bug or insect. Just seeing a picture of one gives me the creeps.

I'm not really the biggest fan of Kafka's The Metamorphosis either, for that record.
Then you are lucky.

Our old house was just by a forest, so I've seen all kinds of vermin closer than I'd like: snakes, scorpions, centipedes, wasps, bats etc.
I actually really love bats, and not just because they keep flying insect populations under control.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Then you are lucky.

We used to live by a farm, though some of the plot was repurposed into a cul-de-sac, so now we have an estate (in this context, a small neighbourhood) behind our house instead. We also have a cat.

I've seen more Mice, Shrews, Voles and sometimes Rats than I'd ever have cared to see. Occasionally the cat will bring home a small bird instead.
They don’t have cockroaches in the UK?
Not sure about the Mainland, but if we have cockroaches in Jersey then I've never seen them.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I got a question for y'all, and what's a better time to do it than when there's literally no one in here?

Do you guys think E3 Press Conferences should die?
No.

Not every company has the natural marketing pull Nintendo does. When Nintendo announces a Direct, the internet goes nuts. Comparatively, there are other companies that make announcements independently only to be forgotten immediately afterward by anyone who isn't already a hardcore fan.

E3 press conferences are a way for third parties to announce their biggest projects on the biggest stage when everyone's watching. The biggest players are beginning to opt out because they already have a built-in audience they can market to, but other companies still benefit from the spotlight, and there are games I never would have played had I not been excited by their E3 appearance.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Then you are lucky.

One time a bat was living in a birdhouse I got for my mom without her knowing. She tried to peek inside to see if any birds had moved in and the bat got startled, flew out, landed on her, and got stuck on her shirt, violently flapping its wings trying to get away while she was screaming and trying to get it off. It eventually got loose and just kinda flew away, uninjured thankfully.

So that was something. I like bats, though, for what it's worth. They help keep the mosquitoes away and are cute as hell.

D

Deleted member

I got a question for y'all, and what's a better time to do it than when there's literally no one in here?

Do you guys think E3 Press Conferences should die?

I've been thinking about this a lot but Nintendo has seen a lot of success with Nintendo Directs over the years and I feel like, in a way, it boils down to them getting their own day, hell maybe even week or month, that no other company tries to compete with. I feel like these types of presentations from the other big two could really only do them good. E3's archaic "see who'll win" approach feels like it's losing traction as the years go by with Nintendo dropping conferences, then EA, and now Sony. Anyone else think they should just kill these things already?
I feel that more than dying they should evolve, a lot of the spectacle falls short and creates a few of the awkward moments that are really a pain to see. Most of the time the people are only interested in the announcements, and having a guy playing an instrument like in Sony's show last year or a presenter making awful jokes is quite a bore. Best presentations for Sony was pretty much the FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 reveal, Nintendo with the 2017 games, MS last year, and they all have the same thing in common which is focus on revealing stuff.

I feel that Nintendo change for Directs was for the better considering their last conferences were kinda crappy, after the 2010 which was the Epic Yarn and DKC Returns one we got a few bad ones before the change for directs was made. And in the case of Nintendo, they can easily move most of their biggest announcements for other dates and get a great deal of attention, the Directs in the first quarter of the year are usually better than the E3 presentation now. I feel that a lot of the companies could perform better in the conferences by making changes in the formats, not necessarily directs, but I would like to think there is a better way to present it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom