• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I was reading about the whole reference thing and I think I'm going to say Shoe's point better then he did.

References are good but a lot of fans fall into the trap of filling references in a move set without thinking of a playstyle or how the whole kit works together.

He'd rather have a functional kit then just one with references and I get that.

Thankfully we usually get both.

For the record, I think K.Rool is fine in that regard. He has moves he uses in his games but they work together to make a functional kit and playstyle.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I played through part of the Wii U version. People say that the Wii version is better though, I still need to try that version.
The Wii U and 3DS versions are trash. The Wii version is, like, 7/10. That was the original game.

Apparently it was finished for the Wii like two years prior to release but the publisher wanted it on the Wii U, so they had to completely redesign the way the game played to fit the gamepad with a small team. Then the publisher was like, "Wait no the Wii U sucks put it on 3DS." And then both versions were released on the same day as ****ing Fallout 4.

The Wii version was Yuji Naka's original vision and it's a decent game with dated visuals, a unique use of motion controls and a wonderful soundtrack. It's charming and worth a playthrough. But the only copies of that that exist are from the initial run of Wii U copies that came bundled with it as a bonus. And according to the Gamestop manager who sold it to me, I was one of only three people within 200 miles who preordered it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wait so now we're putting inanimate objects on the roster? Looks like the Floating Shopping List can happen now
If we’re talking about inanimate objects...

I nominate Reckless Wii Remote.

Cause if we can’t get the Reckless Wii Remote Guy, we could at least get the Remote.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh, from behind he looked like Wonder Red a bit. I was confused. That's a really odd angle to have your character on the cover of the game.
Oh totally. The original Wii cover art isn't even remotely close.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I should’ve been more specific and meant a console stage the game itself is on....

Melee- Gamecube

Brawl-Wii

4-Wii U

Ultimate- Switch

And technically, those two examples Dreamland and Game & Watch are handhelds....

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have no idea what the context of the game is but
I'm a simple statue: I see waifus and I'm interested.

Oh, Ion's the best ****ing part of the game.

In general, if you find a Wii copy and go in expecting a Dreamcast/Gamecube era style game in terms of visuals and hammy dialogue, it's charming and fun and worth a playthrough. It's got Yuji Naka's fingerprints all over it from the world's visual design to the weird race-track-but-not-really gameplay. It's also one of those few Wii games that uses motion controls in a way that makes sense and doesn't overdo it.

D

Deleted member

Guys.
Imagine Smash but with the Super Monkey Ball announcer and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom