• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Since it's the Year of the Pig, it would be interesting to see a Zelda game where Ganon is the main character or just have Ganon (the pig one) reappear in a game.

EDIT: 1,000 posts!
Why release a LoZ game on the Year of the Pig when you can release Mother 3?

The main antagonists of that game are called the Pigmasks after all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo should stop teasing over and over and simply announce, show off and release software during the year. That's why they missed their 20 million Switch target. They arrogantly thought only Smash and Pokémon would carry it alone. Of course, those two sold very well (as expected), but there has to be more in the release schedule. It was a very weak year. I don't think a schedule that's similar to 3DS' overseas 2013 schedule wouldn't be so bad. You have New Super Chad Bros. U Deluxe and Yoshi. Those are outliers. When I talk about 3DS' 2013, I refer to Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Pokémon.

There are rumored ports of Prime Trilogy that go back as far as the Game Awards days and Pikmin 3. Then there's an apparent Super Mario Maker 2, a new BoxBoy! game, and a new 2D Zelda game being rumored. Mario Maker deserves to be under the GaaS model 1000 times Splatoon is. I never saw the need for a sequel. They could port the Wii U game and iterate on it, so that's very sketchy on my head. Metroid Prime Trilogy would be a mere repeat of Twilight Princess HD, with blocky polygons still yet with better, higher resolution textures. They'll have to make good with the aiming though. It's on gyro now unlike Wii where you had the sensor bar plugged in. Maybe I'd finally end up playing it on it since I never really touched it on Wii U. I could do that now anyways. Not sure.
I mean, evidently Smash and Pokémon DID carry it. Nintendo had record-breaking holiday sales, Smash sold 5 million in the first week, and the Switch became the fastest-growing console, sales-wise.

It's one thing to think the line-up was disappointing, but the numbers don't lie.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

I only expect the E3 livestream happening.
I don’t believe that we will get a new Direct, and if we do it would help me a lot (as weird as it may sound).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I only expect the E3 livestream happening.
I don’t believe that we will get a new Direct, and if we do it would help me a lot (as weird as it may sound).
We're absolutely getting a Direct before E3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a spring release and we've heard almost nothing about it, so that kind of needs to be in a Direct.

Alias Tex

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3796-7058-8396
I showed up an hour too late for the Minecraft vs Hytale discussion darn it!

Oh well, I guess that is one less essay that I have to wright.

D

Deleted member

I mean, evidently Smash and Pokémon DID carry it. Nintendo had record-breaking holiday sales, Smash sold 5 million in the first week, and the Switch became the fastest-growing console, sales-wise.

It's one thing to think the line-up was disappointing, but the numbers don't lie.
TBH the Switch's line-up was only bad last year for Wii U owners. If you didn't own a Wii U or those games that got ported to the Switch, there was definitely a lot of quality games to play last year, and that's not even mentioning Octo Expansion, the DKC DLC for Mario + Rabbids, and the constant free updates to Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis, and Kirby: Star Allies that all brought a good amount of content.

2018 was a pretty great year.

D

Deleted member

We're absolutely getting a Direct before E3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a spring release and we've heard almost nothing about it, so that kind of needs to be in a Direct.
What if they just do a video dedicated to that one, like the ones Nintendo uses for updates on certain developments?
Because I see that more likely these days.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Shaggy snapped his fingers to give you a haircut and accidental killed 2/3 of the users? Ok.
Probably. Could’ve sworn I heard a snap.
That's not scummy at all. That's basic SEO. It's basically mandatory nowadays.
I guess “scummy” isn’t the right word. More so “cheesing the system”.
GAVIN! NO!
crap the image didn’t load...
It was going to be this image.
80F0B42A-69FC-4926-BF37-F1DAD7F5E0E9.png

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What if they just do a video dedicated to that one, like the ones Nintendo uses for updates on certain developments?
Because I see that more likely these days.
Considering how much we still don't know, that wouldn't work at all. You need a place in a Direct so that more people actually watch it, and THEN release smaller videos to drum up the marketing. That's what they did with FE15, and they'd be dumb not to do it for FE16. And I certainly hope they don't pull a Radiant Dawn.

D

Deleted member

Considering how much we still don't know, that wouldn't work at all. You need a place in a Direct so that more people actually watch it, and THEN release smaller videos to drum up the marketing. That's what they did with FE15, and they'd be dumb not to do it for FE16. And I certainly hope they don't pull a Radiant Dawn.
I don’t know.
The lack of news alongside the bad stuff from this week has made me more pessimistic recently in regards to Nintendo news.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Good morning shiny baconites.

I realize it’s been a few pages since the topic ended, but I figured I should still say something because of the subject and that I was tagged specifically.

I realize that subjects can get a little bizarre at the wee am hours, but please try and steer clear of sexual topics. It did not get out of hand this time, but sexual-based discussions have the potential to get out of hand quickly.

End of public service announcement.

Fetch boy, fetch...

Good dog.

D

Deleted member

I realize it’s been a few pages since the topic ended, but I figured I should still say something because of the subject and that I was tagged specifically.

I realize that subjects can get a little bizarre at the wee am hours, but please try and steer clear of sexual topics. It did not get out of hand this time, but sexual-based discussions have the potential to get out of hand quickly.

Fetch boy, fetch...

Good dog.
Ok.
I wasn’t involved in that topic, but sure.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess “scummy” isn’t the right word. More so “cheesing the system”.
But that's the thing...there's nothing really wrong with that either. It's not cheesing the system if that IS the system.

It's either practice proper SEO or you don't make any money off your content.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh my gosh it finally happened, I'm literally shaking and crying right now. /s
ISABELLE DIED!

Fetch boy, fetch...

Good dog.
Didn’t know fetishey talk was banned. Actually, no I forgot cuz I’m an idiot. Haha!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just want more Kid Icarus out there. Literally only 3 games for something really good (plus the Greek mythology).

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
View attachment 191183
Found this fanart and thought it was really badass so I wanted to share

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=31273389

This guy draws a loooot of Shulk and Cloud art

...I really should play FF7 at some point, isn't it coming to Switch?
Man, I love pixiv. It’s where I usually go for my 3-hour long fan art binges. Plus it’s where I find the majority of my profile pics.

And yes FF7 is coming to the Switch. But we still don’t have a release date yet.

I hope that Three Houses isn’t delayed... again.

The fact that we’ve heard absolutely nothing about the game since it’s official announcement is making me a bit nervous, especially since Spring is only a couple months away.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But that's the thing...there's nothing really wrong with that either. It's not cheesing the system if that IS the system.

It's either practice proper SEO or you don't make any money off your content.
Lemme word it this way...If I make a video on Smash Bros., and tag it Logan Paul, isn’t that misleading people just for the sake of money?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Just don’t do a Persona/Pit thing for Valentines (a cinnamon roll shouldn’t go through such pain)
Don't worry. Cinnamon angel will be with Samus, and only her. <3 Whether it be friend bonding or along those lines, I'll find ideas that'll work. I know I had one idea that I'd want to polish.

D

Deleted member

Why are some expecting a reveal at the open? if there is one it's likely to only be Joker gameplay anyways.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
since Spring is only a couple months away.
Spring starts in March...less than a month
Don't worry. Cinnamon angel will be with Samus, and only her. <3 Whether it be friend bonding or along those lines, I'll find ideas that'll work. I know I had one idea that I'd want to polish.
Good stuff

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Don't know when that is, but let's hope everyone in it will be observant. Then again, many have said that they're strictly based on tourney results rather than potential or something. I only worry because I expect Pit to be in the mid tier range again.
Back from work. It's a mix of theory craft, but tournament results are probably the largest factor. It's becoming harder and harder to rank characters on an increasingly large roster, also RIP Mii Fighters, and is in part why creating Match Up charts for the past few games have been non-starters.

In general it's taking the averages of various compiled tier lists among devoted community members and competitive players with debate here and there. Mains for each character are often looked to for opinions.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lemme word it this way...If I make a video on Smash Bros., and tag it Logan Paul, isn’t that misleading people just for the sake of money?
There's nothing wrong with adjusting the metadata if you think adding that tag will increase your view count (which I don't think would help in that case since there's not much of an audience overlap between Smash videos and Logan Paul videos). Most people can't even see the metadata unless they specifically look for it, which means they'd be going out of their way to get upset.

It's your content. As a content creator it's your responsibility to get your content to as many people as possible, and that includes doing thorough SEO. It's not misleading when most people won't even see the metadata. It's not like you're putting it into the title of the video.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
There's nothing wrong with adjusting the metadata if you think adding that tag will increase your view count (which I don't think would help in that case since there's not much of an audience overlap between Smash videos and Logan Paul videos). Most people can't even see the metadata unless they specifically look for it, which means they'd be going out of their way to get upset.

It's your content. As a content creator it's your responsibility to get your content to as many people as possible, and that includes doing thorough SEO. It's not misleading when most people won't even see the metadata. It's not like you're putting it into the title of the video.
I mean yeah, that is true, and it’s not necessarily....wrong, just a kinda cheap way to get videos out there if you ask me. I don’t hate people if they do it, but I’d just rather add tags that relate to the subject.
you had me at mafia and you had me even more at bunny
Mafia bunnies are the best bunnies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Fetch boy, fetch...

Good dog.
Can we start flagging posts using this again?:

rl7PQyH.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Spring starts in March...less than a month

Good stuff
I mean if you wanna get really technical, Spring starts in about a month and a half. They could still release the game up until early June and it’ll still be Spring.

My point was they don’t have much time left until release. We’ve only gotten 1 trailer for the game.

Why are some expecting a reveal at the open? if there is one it's likely to only be Joker gameplay anyways.
I think we’re just desperate to get new info at this point, especially with all the leaks and insider talk happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom