• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
personaly, I see smash as a.party game with fighting but that another story for another day and would rather not get into.it here pff
*Says thing that is inherently wrong and just plain stupid* "But I'd rather not get into it."

The beauty of smash is that it can be both depending on the situation

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*Says thing that is inherently wrong and just plain stupid* "But I'd rather not get into it."

The beauty of smash is that it can be both depending on the situation
id said "Id rather not get into it" because, be it stupid to some, it is my opinion. And I know that opinion is pretty unpopular and starts ****
So does Injustice Count or do I need to fish deeper?
I'll change "real" to traditional, which, I admit, I should of said pff, and think it does, I dont really play injustice but I think its a traditional fighting game?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You think Smash is fast? Mahvel's so fast Vergil could kill quote literally characters in the blink of an eye.
What if you wanted to go to heaven, but god said...

"I'm motivated now"

?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What if you wanted to go to heaven, but god said...

"I'm motivated now"

?
You ************. This is the SECOND time you plagiarized my posts, first my Infinity War impressions word for word and now this ****post which I made that got 0 likes anyway

Also BBTAG is so fast that people die to chip damage pretty quickly last I checked, ESPECIALLY if Hyde's the one doing it

osby

Smash Obsessed
id said "Id rather not get into it" because, be it stupid to some, it is my opinion. And I know that opinion is pretty unpopular and starts ****
It's unpopular because it's plain wrong. Smash is classified as a platforming and fighting game, not as a party game.

D

Deleted member

random question, would everyone here give real fighting games a try is smash didnt exsist?
first off: Smash is a real fighting game
second off: don't bring up the notion of a reality where it doesn't exist :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I'll change "real" to traditional, which, I admit, I should of said pff, and think it does, I dont really play injustice but I think its a traditional fighting game?
It's basically a simplified Mortal Kombat with DC characters

And yes, had you not said "real" there wouldn't have been a problem. I actually find it An interesting question if you take away the controversy

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You ************. This is the SECOND time you plagiarized my posts, first my Infinity War impressions word for word and now this ****post which I made that got 0 likes anyway

Also BBTAG is so fast that people die to chip damage pretty quickly last I checked, ESPECIALLY if Hyde's the one doing it
Huh.
D2UBVJgWwAE1JyX.jpg

Color me surprised then.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I mean considering how competitive Smash fans act there's a reason they don't get respected by other fighting games. And I'm not just talking about the deodorant issue
Is that a thing?
I thought it was more a "haha kiddy Nintendo fan" type of argument than the behaviour of the fans.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
random question, would everyone here give real fighting games a try is smash didnt exsist?
Due to hand problems of various sorts and generally being trash at the pacing of most traditional fighters, I can confidently say that without Smash I'd be almost completely out of the genre.

There's a lot of character designs and story elements in fighting games that I do enjoy, and I even took a crack at a couple, but I just couldn't bring myself to a point of competence where I'd bother with anything but, like, maybe a story mode. And I'd probably eschew it altogether in favor of other types of games that scratch that itch better.

Smash just clicks with me in a way other fighters don't, even when I'm taking it seriously. The increased emphasis on movement and decreased emphasis on precise, convoluted inputs or long combo strings somehow kinda flows better in my mind than a traditional 2D layout does.

Bust most importantly, if Smash didn't exist, I wouldn't be here talking to you about this.

And honestly that's the biggest loss, cause you're aight.

D

Deleted member

I have ****ing Blade Runner on DVD now hell yeah
Now I can make my entire family confused as to what the **** they just saw, and spend the following hours explaining why capitalism is bad and why David Cage is a hack.
IMG_20190523_101743.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is that a thing?
I thought it was more a "haha kiddy Nintendo fan" type of argument than the behaviour of the fans.
I believe it was at Apex 2015 that Melee fans lost their **** because Guilty Gear was taking a bit longer after the disaster of the hotel because it ate a whole 5 minutes of Melee time or something. There's also how Smash fans rarely want to try out other fighting games in the FGC yet want to be acknowledged as FGC. Believe it or not, many games have the same players, and it's not because of the franchises. Apologyman's been playing Smash Ultimate recently and I recognized him from Mahvel 3 and there's that one player who's name I don't remember how to spell (I think it's Poohngo?) who plays Tekken and Street Fighter. Smash fans often go "Haha Smash is the only fighting game that matters" to the point that someone said Leffen was the best multi-game player in the entire FGC. LEFFEN. and NOT SonicFox. Even Leffen knew that wasn't right

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's basically a simplified Mortal Kombat with DC characters

And yes, had you not said "real" there wouldn't have been a problem. I actually find it An interesting question if you take away the controversy
You right about that pff, Lets change that to Traditional fighting games. Wont change how I feel about Smash but ill respect others also.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Here

You post thief
Ok, the concept is the same, but the context is different. (mine have a image, your not, god, mvc3, etc..)

I do remember seeing that post before tho, so maybe my brain connected the vague memories I had of it and the vergil image I posted and thought like "hey, maybe it be funny with that image".

I wasn't intentionally trying to stole your post (if that's even a thing), what i'm sayin'.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Here

You post thief
You know.

I've never seen someone concerned about hoarding something until there was a credible threat that it might someday be taken away.

Are you feeling a little pressure on that Likes crown, Gwen?

UnuzUUA-1.jpg

Hmmmmm?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok yeesh so Smash fans also ****ing delayed a DOA tournament by going to the venue SPECIFICALLY reserved for DOA to play Smash in the past too. No wonder they're pissants
You know.

I've never seen someone concerned about hoarding something until there was a credible threat that it might someday be taken away.

View attachment 223729

Hmmmmm?
Oh no I just remembered he accidentally did this before and I wanted to cause drama
Ok, the concept is the same, but the context is different. (mine have a image, your not, god, mvc3, etc..)

I do remember seeing that post before tho, so maybe my brain connected the vague memories I had of it and the vergil image I posted and thought like "hey, maybe it be funny with that image".

I wasn't intentionally trying to stole your post (if that's even a thing), what i'm sayin'.
then perish you friendzoned beta cuck

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
DLC as a whole though overall. My prediction still stands.

-Banjo-Kazooie (Alternatively Crash Bandicoot)
-Erdrick
-Jill Valentine
-Joker (Confirmed)
-Lloyd Irving

E3/June: Banjo-Kazooie (Crash Bandicoot); Releases August and Erdrick; Releases August
EVO/August: Lloyd Irving; Releases December
VGA/December: Jill Valentine; Releases February 2020
This couldn’t be more perfect!

Unless of course Lloyd was replaced with Doomguy, Ryu Hyabusa or someone from Dark Souls.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Due to hand problems of various sorts and generally being trash at the pacing of most traditional fighters, I can confidently say that without Smash I'd be almost completely out of the genre.

There's a lot of character designs and story elements in fighting games that I do enjoy, and I even took a crack at a couple, but I just couldn't bring myself to a point of competence where I'd bother with anything but, like, maybe a story mode. And I'd probably eschew it altogether in favor of other types of games that scratch that itch better.

Smash just clicks with me in a way other fighters don't, even when I'm taking it seriously. The increased emphasis on movement and decreased emphasis on precise, convoluted inputs or long combo strings somehow kinda flows better in my mind than a traditional 2D layout does.

Bust most importantly, if Smash didn't exist, I wouldn't be here talking to you about this.

And honestly that's the biggest loss, cause you're aight.
I think its easier for me to get more involved in 2D traditional fighting games then smash, Maybe its how they look, maybe its the controlls but I noticed I win more or get closer to winning fights in blazblue more then I do in Smash. I still like smash but for some reason, Im more into BB

ps: thanks for understanding what I was saying despide the mess that was my bad word choice pff

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know.

View attachment 223729

Hmmmmm?
Honestly, I don't believe I ever beat Gwen.

That doesn't mean I can't beat others users.:reverse:
Ok yeesh so Smash fans also ****ing delayed a DOA tournament by going to the venue SPECIFICALLY reserved for DOA to play Smash in the past too. No wonder they're pissants

Oh no I just remembered he accidentally did this before and I wanted to cause drama

then perish you friendzoned beta cuck
mine is because I Y.gif

That post would imply I was in a relationship with you, because I can't get friendzone if I didn't try in the place.

Have you something to say here, Gwen?
D2SnHGkWsAEAvme.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
400278.gif

Sure thing fam whatever you say.

I think its easier for me to get more involved in 2D traditional fighting games then smash, Maybe its how they look, maybe its the controlls but I noticed I win more or get closer to winning fights in blazblue more then I do in Smash. I still like smash but for some reason, Im more into BB

ps: thanks for understanding what I was saying despide the mess that was my bad word choice pff
's good, I felt what you were going for.

And yeah, same kinda deal but opposite effect. Different strokes for different folks, y'know?

In fairness to the counterpoint, I did enjoy my time slopping through Skullgirls with Beowulf.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
View attachment 223737

And yeah, same kinda deal but opposite effect. Different strokes for different folks, y'know?

In fairness to the counterpoint, I did enjoy my time slopping through Skullgirls with Beowulf.
Ooh yeah, I forgot all about skullgirls. Im pretty intrested in that game as well

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not need to thank me. I’m not a good artist.
No, take that thank you and cherish it, you deserve it.

You know how many free fanart of my OC I got?

Absolute Zero. (if my memories isn't ****ing with me)

So really, you deserve it for that alone. :)
I just want to mention that if you ever want an adorable animal version of your OC drawn, I'm your guy :3
Huhhh, no thanks haha.

I ain't into that stuff.
View attachment 223737

I bet she reacted that way because she saw my gamer cap.
1557687068106.png

I know I be afraid of someone walking down the road if they had this on their head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom