• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone got a boss they remember having a ton of trouble on? For me it's between the Shadow Devil in MMX5 or Jinpachi from Tekken 5.
Kingdom Hearts 2,
Sephiroth.
I remember it so much due to there being a single line of dialogue he always says every single time.

"I wonder what Cloud's doing."

Though technically I think I died more times to Lingering Will.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Uhh, you just divide your likes by the amount of posts you have.

That's what you do for all ratios.
Oh... doi, of course. How ****ing stupid silly of me :v

So basically, a bare minimum of 2 likes per post, 3 likes maximum.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The one time I bodied Jinpachi, getting a perfect no less, is when I used Bruce Irvin. Of course no one else was around at the time to share the pop-off with.

At least Bruce had the best ending in Tekken 5.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Anyone got a boss they remember having a ton of trouble on? For me it's between the Shadow Devil in MMX5 or Jinpachi from Tekken 5.
Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian... Pretty sure I ended up reduced to crying in frustration back when I still had a Gamecube

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian... Pretty sure I ended up reduced to crying in frustration back when I still had a Gamecube
Bro I forgot about Spider Guardian. I think I felt a traumatic movie flashback play for a second.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Jinpachi sucks ass. I had to change the matches to single rounds to even get through Tekken 5 initially.

Data Luxord in KHIIFM was annoying. The actual fight was extremely easy but you have to basically complete what is a slots minigame to beat him.
Other optional KH bosses would have been mentioned but I played it on Critical earlier this year and somehow found everything easier than my previous standard playthroughs.

The true final boss in Cave Story was also a pain but a lot of that was due to being at the end of a level that's just **** thrown all over the screen.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
We out here comparing likes and likes to post ratio when we have already lost the moment we created our accounts.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Currently shouting "**** off" to all of the enemies I encounter in Dark Souls III.

What's up with you guys?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Asking because you left the lights on in your car

This is the fifth time now :mybodyisreggie:
It's faygo's car so eh
I should count ny blessings because not only did the Trilogy nerf the Boost Guardian but by giving you the Spring Ball the Spider Guardian becomes a LOT easier

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Currently shouting "**** off" to all of the enemies I encounter in Dark Souls III.

What's up with you guys?
Currently shouting "**** off" to all of the thoughts I encounter in bed.

Tired, awake, slightly hungry, etc.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh also, Digital Devil Saga's secret boss-fight being the ****ing Demi-fiend from SMT3 will never not be the stupidest **** I've ever seen in a game.

Like ****, at least Elizabeth and Margaret was just me fighting one target and puzzling her out.

It's bad enough I have you spamming your moves that do almost my entire health bar while also putting **** like Mute and Bind at the same time while ALSO critting, now I also gotta deal with a fat physical invulnerable elephant spamming mamudoon and bishie spearguy chucking his gay bulge at me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm still in the process of fixing it up, but I think it's pretty much done.

View attachment 223620

The theme of the contest is duos. You're supposed to take any two HTTYD characters and pair them up in interesting ways. Toothless and Fishmeat, Fishlegs and Skullcrusher, Ruffnut and Stormfly, Snotlout and being a respectful person, etc.

I thought it was interesting that "Dragon Master" Hiccup failed to tame the Light Fury, so I thought i'd explore that.

Is it ****?
I actually submitted it oh god oh frick

i'm geekin out

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Bell Gargoyles, and Smough and Orenstein both from Dark Souls 1.

So many dying, frustration and Youtubing on how to beat them. Of course, I also remember how happy I was when I eventually figured out the key strategy and finally got through both of them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bell Gargoyles, and Smough and Orenstein both from Dark Souls 1.

So many dying, frustration and Youtubing on how to beat them. Of course, I also remember how happy I was when I eventually figured out the key strategy and finally got through both of them.
Aw man Ornstein and Smough were the real gatekeepers.

One day it'll take you 4 hours to just beat them, the next day you're fighting them on a dance mat.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oh also, Digital Devil Saga's secret boss-fight being the ****ing Demi-fiend from SMT3 will never not be the stupidest **** I've ever seen in a game.

Like ****, at least Elizabeth and Margaret was just me fighting one target and puzzling her out.

It's bad enough I have you spamming your moves that do almost my entire health bar while also putting **** like Mute and Bind at the same time while ALSO critting, now I also gotta deal with a fat physical invulnerable elephant spamming mamudoon and bishie spearguy chucking his gay bulge at me.
All while his Normal Battle music plays. He was the de facto "I'm only using .0000000002% of my power" guy before it was cool.
Oh, and (mis)hearing Cu Chuliann yelling "EAT ****!" after your team ****ing dies is just the cherry on top. Apparently, that one specific video had Justin Bieber videos recommended after it ended. That's how rough it was losing to Demi-Fiend. Sadly no longer a thing, but damn was it funny.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
my
now I also gotta deal with a fat physical invulnerable elephant spamming mamudoon and bishie spearguy chucking his gay bulge at me.
I find this mental image more hilarious than I probably should.

Still laughing.

I actually submitted it oh god oh frick

i'm geekin out
**** yeah fam I'm proud of ya.

tenor-2.gif

Get it get it get it get it get it get it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All while his Normal Battle music plays. He was the de facto "I'm only using .0000000002% of my power" guy before it was cool.
Oh, and (mis)hearing Cu Chuliann yelling "EAT ****!" after your team ****ing dies is just the cherry on top. Apparently, that one specific video had Justin Bieber videos recommended after it ended. That's how rough it was losing to Demi-Fiend. Sadly no longer a thing, but damn was it funny.
Look at it this way...

at least I'm not a Disgaea fan:

disgaea optional boss.png
what what the ****.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom