• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

After Captain Marvel, everyone whose played both Sherlock Holmes and Watson have appeared in the MCU

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, and RDJ and Jude Law

D

Deleted member

I've been seeing people on Twitter today thinking Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion are gonna get delayed because we haven't seen them yet.

Boy, Nintendo fans sure do love to panic, lol. I also find it interesting people say we've had nothing since Smash when NSMBU Deluxe (Yeah forget the snark people have about that; it's a well polished, fun 2D Mario) and Yoshi were solid releases. Not even Sony or Microsoft had a AAA must-buy-a-console-for-this-game release every month in their consoles' early years, so why do people think Nintendo will?

On that note...Again, for these people who want stuff that frequently... How the heck would you even keep up? Games ain't cheap and unless you're just blazing through your games and not taking the time to actually enjoy them, how on earth would you even have the time to play them all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Ah yeah.

Y'all know this gem?

5f4.jpg

A guy in my Granblue guild's responsible for it since he's part of the sub group that worked on the show.

D

Deleted member

But yeah, hard to believe we've gone 5 months without a Smash reveal, and 6 by the time E3 comes around

D

Deleted member

But yeah, hard to believe we've gone 5 months without a Smash reveal, and 6 by the time E3 comes around
That's an entire half year and that's kinda sad compared to how fast the roster was revealed during the base game. The Virgin DLC vs The Chad Base Game I guess.

Even Incineroar whom was the worst reveal within the worst Smash Direct was better than this cause there is no "This" we've been waiting for another reveal since December of last year yet here we are with only Joker. The DLC is way worse than Base Game and I will fight anyone on that or at least in terms of how interesting the cycle was/is.

The only really interesting things were Kasumi who's pretty much gone by now, The Google Theory which was already debunked and early within the DLC cycle and when Brave first came out compared to the base game which had the absolute chad of a fake leak, The Grinch Leak not to mention Box Theory, That Music leak, Sassy Geno, Etc.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've been seeing people on Twitter today thinking Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion are gonna get delayed because we haven't seen them yet.

Boy, Nintendo fans sure do love to panic, lol. I also find it interesting people say we've had nothing since Smash when NSMBU Deluxe (Yeah forget the snark people have about that; it's a well polished, fun 2D Mario) and Yoshi were solid releases. Not even Sony or Microsoft had a AAA must-buy-a-console-for-this-game release every month in their consoles' early years, so why do people think Nintendo will?

On that note...Again, for these people who want stuff that frequently... How the heck would you even keep up? Games ain't cheap and unless you're just blazing through your games and not taking the time to actually enjoy them, how on earth would you even have the time to play them all?
Do you think people who complain about video games online play every single one of them?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Boy, Nintendo fans sure do love to panic, lol. I also find it interesting people say we've had nothing since Smash when NSMBU Deluxe (Yeah forget the snark people have about that; it's a well polished, fun 2D Mario) and Yoshi were solid releases.
People ignoring my boi's releases makes me sad

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can handle the wait between Smash characters.

After all, there is a definite end date to the DLC so we know for sure the more we wait now, the less waiting we have to do between the next characters.

Now for some other games, I am at the end of my proverbial rope.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I can handle the wait between Smash characters.

After all, there is a definite end date to the DLC so we know for sure the more we wait now, the less waiting we have to do between the next characters.

Now for some other games, I am at the end of my proverbial rope.
Honest to god, I think you 'made' me care about the wait for SMTV.

I just want your misery to end at this point.

D

Deleted member

Do you think people who complain about video games online play every single one of them?
TBH I start to wonder if some of those people actually play any of 'em sometimes, lol.

People straight up act like it didn't even exist and go "wHeRE is SPrInG gAmE, NIntEnDo???"

It's weird.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Yeah and 6 by E3, which is why many speculate it'll have two reveals. Also considering there were at least 2 Smash character reveals in previous E3s. Also it'll be really hype to have them revealed and released at E3.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's an entire half year and that's kinda sad compared to how fast the roster was revealed during the base game. The Virgin DLC vs The Chad Base Game I guess.

Even Incineroar whom was the worst reveal within the worst Smash Direct was better than this cause there is no "This" we've been waiting for another reveal since December of last year yet here we are with only Joker. The DLC is way worse than Base Game and I will fight anyone on that or at least in terms of how interesting the cycle was/is.

The only really interesting things were Kasumi who's pretty much gone by now, The Google Theory which was already debunked and early within the DLC cycle and when Brave first came out compared to the base game which had the absolute chad of a fake leak, The Grinch Leak not to mention Box Theory, That Music leak, Sassy Geno, Etc.
It's almost like they started to show off base game characters after finishing most of the work on them and DLC characters are being announced as they are close to be released.

Don't worry, when it comes out he'll be miserable because of game itself.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Don't worry, it's only Ironic misery.

The real misery starts when it inevitably turns out to be bad.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah and 6 by E3, which is why many speculate it'll have two reveals. Also considering there were at least 2 Smash character reveals in previous E3s. Also it'll be really hype to have them revealed and released at E3.
Honestly, I don't think they'll release both at the same time, but that's just me.

I think they'll reveal 2 with 1 being "Out now" and the other out at a later date, but 2 released at E3 is ehhh.

As time winds down, the window to reveal characters gets less and less, it almost makes sense for the 2nd character to be released at a later date and then drop character 4's trailer the same day as their release.

D

Deleted member

I think there will be 2 reveals at E3 as well. It's just surprised me how fast the time is going.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I don't think they'll release both at the same time, but that's just me.

I think they'll reveal 2 with 1 being "Out now" and the other out at a later date, but 2 released at E3 is ehhh.

As time winds down, the window to reveal characters gets less and less, it almost makes sense for the 2nd character to be released at a later date and then drop character 4's trailer the same day as their release.
One will be "big trailer" at the beginning of the direct ala a typical reveal with a "OUT BY THE END OF THIS DIRECT!" and another will be a Joker style announcement and a "COMING SOON" at the end.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
One character will get released at E3. The other is just getting revealed.

Two reveals at E3 makes sense given that after E3 Nintendo realistically only has 7 months to reveal the remaining characters, and little opportunities to do so.

And before you go "BUT JOKER WAS SHADOWDROPPED" he was still revealed at a major event to drum up hype. Nintendo needs to save their ace cards for big events, notably E3 (2 reveals), the Fall Direct (1 reveal), and the Winter Direct (1 reveal + Ballot/Second Season).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Maybe if they rehired the Woolley World composer people would care

Nintendo fans are ****ing babies I swear. Especially Animal Crossing fans here lmao. They gave you a year of release calm the **** down. Why is it that this peaceful life simulator has the most rabid ****ing fans outside of Smash?

D

Deleted member

It's almost like they started to show off base game characters after finishing most of the work on them and DLC characters are being announced as they are close to be released.
Okay but that's only one half of my point, The Leaks and stuff outside of the reveals like the Speculation was way more interesting that what it is now as it's dead in the water with there being an exception only once in awhile instead of something new happening like every other week even if it's only fake yet interesting leaks.

There's only been interesting leaks like once every two or so months during the DLC Cycle while as I said, There was something interesting to talk about every other week.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People straight up act like it didn't even exist and go "wHeRE is SPrInG gAmE, NIntEnDo???"

It's weird.
Not really, people ignore the reveals they don't like all the time. Remember how a lot of users here acted like Isabelle announcement didn't happen before November direct even though a lot of casual sites went crazy over her?

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, 2 reveals at E3 makes perfect sense, but 2 releases doesn't.

Fighter Pack 2 at E3
Fighter Pack 3 at August/September for the Fall Direct
Fighter Pack 4 November/December
Fighter Pack 5 LATE January/Feb

It all adds up.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

That makes sense. If we do the math and one is released in June, the other DLC characters will be around 2-3 months apart.
1 - April
2 - June
3 - September
4 - late November/early December
5 - February

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I mean, when they start showing you footage of a game that's often a sign it's getting close-ish to done with development. If they have nothing to show for it once you start getting close to the release window it starts to get kind of suspicious. It's how people predicted the FE: Three Houses delay, for instance.

Personally I can afford to wait between game releases because of limited time/money, although it's worth mentioning that not everything Nintendo puts out appeals to everyone. If you have a specific set of tastes that can make the windows between releases feel even bigger.

D

Deleted member

Not really, people ignore the reveals they don't like all the time. Remember how a lot of users here acted like Isabelle announcement didn't happen before November direct even though a lot of casual sites went crazy over her?
Yeah. It just depends on what places you go to: For as criticized as games like Mario Tennis and Kirby were last year, they sold pretty dang well and got free updates that addressed major flaws they had and have their fan bases.

Moral of the story, I suppose, is that some people are never happy or satisfied unless they got something to complain about.

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing the possibility of a Super Mario Galaxy 3, and I'd love it, even if it's pretty unlikely to happen imo.

The Super Mario Galaxy series (and especially SMG2) is so good and it brings a lot of nostalgia.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't worry, it's only Ironic misery.

The real misery starts when it inevitably turns out to be bad.
At least Apocalypse assured me that it'll probably have a decent gameplay. Story... will likely be bad, but I'm not in the SMT fandom, so it's not like I'd have anyone to talk about it if it was good anyway.

Okay but that's only one half of my point, The Leaks and stuff outside of the reveals like the Speculation was way more interesting that what it is now as it's dead in the water with there being an exception only once in awhile instead of something new happening like every other week even if it's only fake yet interesting leaks.

There's only been interesting leaks like once every two or so months during the DLC Cycle while as I said, There was something interesting to talk about every other week.
What about Baboom leak?:p

Nah, I get it, but I enjoy the calm periods before this site gets unreasonably angry over the last characters and then slowly dies out until the next game.

Shroob

Sup?
Isabelle just had everything going against her, poor thing.

Direct was delayed due to an earthquake
Had already been leaked
Direct was just all around boring as sin
Pissed off the Animal Crossing fans initially thinking it was an AC trailer

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One character will get released at E3. The other is just getting revealed.

Two reveals at E3 makes sense given that after E3 Nintendo realistically only has 7 months to reveal the remaining characters, and little opportunities to do so.

And before you go "BUT JOKER WAS SHADOWDROPPED" he was still revealed at a major event to drum up hype. Nintendo needs to save their ace cards for big events, notably E3 (2 reveals), the Fall Direct (1 reveal), and the Winter Direct (1 reveal + Ballot/Second Season).
Joker was revealed exactly as he should've been. December was the start of his infiltration into Smash Bros, and we got all the details about him the day before he came out, akin to him personally sending us a calling card.

D

Deleted member

Nah, I get it, but I enjoy the calm periods before this site gets unreasonably angry over the last characters and then slowly dies out until the next game.
You know I agree with this actually, I do like having a lot of info to talk about, but at the same time, I do like calm periods without any flame wars or constant debates.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Considering how Crafted World got 1.1 million units in TWO DAYS, I have a feeling that pretending it doesn't exist is bubble-talk :yoshi:
It's a lovely game but I swear it has only three tracks and two of them are remixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom