• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Game of Thrones had a legitimately really good ending!

Massive relief after watching that Star vs. the Forces of Evil ending earlier this morning, which I'm still very conflicted on.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What movies and shows will follow next? That's the other question.

I know a few years from now in 2021 that Fast and Furious will be ending with 10 movies, a spin-off film and an animated series after 20 years. A rather good run I'd say.

D

Deleted member

f174264.jpg

happy thor best thor tbh
so glad that they finally let him show some semblance of emotion in ragnarok

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Adventure Time, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda (Better stay as a trilogy...) and now Star Butterfly and Games of Thrones. Who'll be next besides Fast and the Furious?

The MonsterVerse is a possibility since it could end with Godzilla vs. Kong next year. Kinda torn on that. On one hand that'd be an example of quality over quantity ending as the Heisei Gamera Trilogy had shown ending with four movies but on the other hand there's the potential on world building as the MCU had done.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love me a good laugh at dumb predictions...

(Warning: a few swear words) :yoshi:
"Lol Doctor Strange isn't coming back cause of uh.. Soul world! Yeah!"

That aged terribly not to mention it contradicted one of their own videos where they said that Doctor Strange may come back cause he had to talk about Quantum realm stuff as said by Tom Holland in an interview. That's just dumb.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If the plans work and Disney wrenches full cinematic control of Hulk from Universal, almost definitely.

Also. I’m calling it now. She-Hulk will be in phase 4. Now just seems like the perfect time.
She-Hulk and Blade are the 2 movies I want the most, ignoring the obvious X-Men and Fantastic 4 movies that are coming.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The MCU film I want to see the most is an Ka-Zar film set in the Savage Land and Sauron and Stegron as the main antagonists.

MCU + Dinosaurs (As Jurassic Park/World has shown) = Big box office hit.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gravity Falls, Regular Show, Adventure Time, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda (Better stay as a trilogy...) and now Star Butterfly and Games of Thrones. Who'll be next besides Fast and the Furious?

The MonsterVerse is a possibility since it could end with Godzilla vs. Kong next year. Kinda torn on that. On one hand that'd be an example of quality over quantity ending as the Heisei Gamera Trilogy had shown ending with four movies but on the other hand there's the potential on world building as the MCU had done.
I'm not sure how long Steven Universe is due to last, but it's fate may not be far off. I hope the new DuckTales lasts for a long time, though.

Star Wars as a whole ain't going anywhere, but the sequel trilogy and it's story will be coming to a close very soon.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
She-Hulk and Blade are the 2 movies I want the most, ignoring the obvious X-Men and Fantastic 4 movies that are coming.
For me, it’s a proper MCU Inhumans and Ghost Rider movies. I’d also say Namor too, but DC kind of beat em to the punch and they won’t want to look like they’re ripping off Aquaman.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Star Wars as a whole ain't going anywhere, but the sequel trilogy and it's story will be coming to a close very soon.
God I honestly wished...-_-

Star Wars didn't need to come back when Return of the Jedi was a perfect ending. Empire was defeated, Darth Vader redeemed himself while dying, everyone celebrated and then all of a sudden the Empire comes back bigger, Hans goes back to smuggling and Luke becomes a degraded hermit and abandoned all those he cared for while the galaxy was all under threat, etc.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bah, I'm just frustrated.

Series finales are almost always immensely bittersweet. You're glad to know how something you've become invested in ends, and get an idea of what the characters you've grown to love will be doing next, off-screen now that the journey you've seen them go on is finally over, but...ugh, it's hard to let it go. Often you just want to see these characters go on more amazing adventures.

Bad finale or good finale, I already miss Star vs. a lot...I'll be missing Game of Thrones as well, even if I did jump on the GoT train very late.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bah, I'm just frustrated.

Series finales are almost always immensely bittersweet. You're glad to know how something you've become invested in ends, and get an idea of what the characters you've grown to love will be doing next, off-screen now that the journey you've seen them go on is finally over, but...ugh, it's hard to let it go. Often you just want to see these characters go on more amazing adventures.

Bad finale or good finale, I already miss Star vs. a lot...
Look at the bright side. I'd rather have shows or movie franchises end on good notes rather then drag on that way their quality doesn't dip as Spongebob, Simpsons, Family Guy and Ice Age had shown. Happy that Regular Show, Heisei Gamera Trilogy and How to Train Your Dragon was among those.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God I honestly wished...-_-

Star Wars didn't need to come back when Return of the Jedi was a perfect ending. Empire was defeated, Darth Vader redeemed himself while dying, everyone celebrated and then all of a sudden the Empire comes back bigger, Hans goes back to smuggling and Luke becomes a degraded hermit and abandoned all those he cared for while the galaxy was all under threat, etc.
I don’t like Star Wars. Like at all. But I will defend the current franchise runners descisions to tell the stories they want regardless of all the nerds out there who think their fanfics should be how the actual movies happen. That’s a lesson i’ve had to learn time and time again with the things I like. The Star Wars fandom needs to grow up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Star Wars sequel trilogy is literally the Alien 3 of the franchise when you really think about it.

Prequels also didn't help as it demysteryfied what made the xenomorphs scary to begin with.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I heard some discussion about favorite video game tracks earlier.

I've got plenty of video game music that I love, but to pick one for the topic, I want to give a special shoutout to my favorite villain's theme because it is just so damn good!

It's such an epic track! What really makes it is also because it conveys Jean Descole, perfectly! It sounds menacing and grand, fitting of Descole's villainous nature, yet it also has bits of sorrow and emotion, representing the tragic side of Descole's character.

Brilliant track! The Professor Layton soundtrack is so underrated and deserves more love!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Not sure if I'd call that Mario theme trash. Better than Smash Ultimate's theme tho. Couldn't get into it at all.
i don't really like smash ultimate theme's "anime op" thing, but at least it makes it more interesting than smash 4's theme which was completely forgettable

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My most anticipation upcoming MCU films are Doctor Strange 2 and Guardians 3. Also rather intrigued about Captain Britain.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don’t know who anyone on here but fyrom is but it looks nice:
Tanith and Sigrun are both from the Tellius games. They both serve directly under Sanaki.

Pent is a character from Blazing Sword, and he marries Louise, another Blazing Sword character who is the mother of Clarine and Klein. Louise is also the TT unit for the banner.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Otherwise superhero movies as a whole also look forward to Shazam 2, Black Adam, The Suicide Squad (Due to Gunn directing) and Bloodshot (Better be rated R...). Also the eventual Spawn remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom