• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wish Youtubers could be normal people instead of white supremacists, pedophiles or abusers. And to think Alax used to be a regular in this site.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ok so according to Kamen Rider, Chrom is an alien. Hearing Chrom's Japanese voice go "All will come to perish" is pretty surreal, especially when it's in the anniversary arc of the other season Chrom's VA was in
all i'm saying is that i'll watch kamen rider if we get an english dub where every character is voiced by matt mercer

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wish Youtubers could be normal people instead of white supremacists, pedophiles or abusers. And to think Alax used to be a regular in this site.
Let's not just assume every YouTuber falls into the same category.

Hell I want to be a YouTuber one day lol

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey y’all. Update on Brelooming.

I’ll put in a spoiler for those interested, and so those who aren’t looking to be sad can avoid it. I don’t blame you.

So, I figured for a while that it wasn’t just that his Tuberculosis progressed. So while he was venting to me, I brought it up. Turns out, he has leukemia on top of it.

He’s also requested that people don’t turn this into a doomsday scenario, so try not to turn it into one.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I’ll put in a spoiler for those interested, and so those who aren’t looking to be sad can avoid it. I don’t blame you.

So, I figured for a while that it wasn’t just that his Tuberculosis progressed. So while he was venting to me, I brought it up. Turns out, he has leukemia on top of it.

He’s also requested that people don’t turn this into a doomsday scenario, so try not to turn it into one.
He really doesn't deserve this. I wish the best for him...

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

ah ****, i'd suspected something like this when talking with him but hadn't quite put my finger on leukemia itself

really hope he pulls through, no-one deserves to go through that kind of ****

D

Deleted member

Opossum Opossum , here’s a size comparison if you are interested.
3F9534D9-5ADF-4728-8511-EA3903565F23.jpeg

Not sure if the size are accurate to the descriptions, but Thanos does have a big head compared to some human characters.

D

Deleted member

I’m rooting for him on this.
I’m sure that with enough effort he can go through it.

D

Deleted member

Oh word. I hope he’ll be ok.

D

Deleted member

That's really tough. He can get through, it's an awful situation, but he can hang in there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Sickness is a cruel mistress. Hope things go well for him.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Man, that poor kid.

Really hope he can get through it all

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

That makes sense with context from before.

Wishing the best for them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Thinking about speculation, what "rules" do see getting thrown about and do you think they hold true?

The main two I see (technically three) are no characters who are spirits/assist trophies and no western owned third parties.

I think the Assist Trophy one holds true but I doubt the others. First one blatantly ignores Mewtwo and Lucas in Smash 4 and the last one acts like translators don't exist or the only the opinion of Japan matters.
It ignores it because it's a frigging stupid counterpoint.
I disagree. Considering the context of each Challenger Pack bringing in an entirely new board of spirits, it makes sense to me that the new fighter wouldn't bring in stuff that was already there. It probably entirely depends on the character.

For example, say you add a character from a series not in Smash already. You get a character, a stage, spirits, and music from a series that is entirely new. There's no way that any of it can be considered "not worth it" because it's brand new to Smash.

Compared to characters like Elma or Bandanna Waddle Dee (no offense intended to characters or supporters). Elma is better content wise, but with a "high demand" character like BWD, which spirits can you give him that aren't already in the game? A stage that makes sense? Music? When placed in the context of the Challenger Pack, it doesn't make nearly as much sense to ship a character that already has a spirit as opposed to one that is entirely new.

The logic that it’s “just a png” is valid, but it’s not just that it’s a png. There’s a whole pack designed around the pick. They’re designed to bring the newest content possible. It makes far more sense to add something legitimately new, like new content from Gen 8 Pokémon, Astral Chain, or Three Houses than to add content for stuff that was already in the game to expand the crossover.

I fail to see why that mindset is "stupid". I don't think it's a "rule" persay, but I don't think it's stupid. But then again, I was also called stupid when I said Box Theory was real, and we all know how that turned out.

When it comes to Westerns, I just don't think it'll happen, or I don't think it's "likely". However, Vergeben did just say that not only is the Ori series planned to come to Switch, but evidently the Master Chief Collection as well. I don't think Western characters are necessarily off the table, but I do think they'd be very, very specific with what Sakurai is looking for (but to my knowledge, Chief was already disconfirmed).

But who knows?

Also, here's the link: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77723784/922073873

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's all good. There was a lot of that going on in recent events, so I definitely understand wanting to caution people. I was more or less just talking about YouTubers I like.
Well if we're suggesting Youtubers:

Jeremy Parish - Gaming Historian/Retronauts head-honcho, is chronicling each NES/SNES/VB NA release and worldwide GB/GBC releases by release date.
Pat the NES Punk - More so for the CUPodcast, but his rare reviews are well written. The Video Game Years is on par with actual TV shows/is a hidden gem.
SNES drunk - Starting to watch more and more as I start to expand my SNES collection.
Chrontendo - Is chronicling each Famicom/FDS/NES by release date, somewhat on hiatus but there are 52 hour long episodes right now.
ReviewTechUSA - I don't watch every video, but I find Rich to be well balanced, informed, and is willing to admit to his past mistakes.
Cannot be Tamed - A female (mostly) retro gamer!? Yes such a person exists and I respect her content and am jealous of her collection.
John Hancock - Super collector, but his videos come off as humble and down-to-earth, most videos are about making the retro community a better place

--- --- nice avatar dude.
BlueGIF2.gif

D

Deleted member

Also very late and I'm pretty doubtful of Verge but if this is real
Street Fighter VI and MvC4 are both in development for next gen consoles as I have said before. SFVI will likely be out first from what I have heard because they're taking their time with MvC4.
>mvc4
>capcom isn't rushing it
download (2).jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You have an Eggman reaction gif for everything, don't you?
That's right, baby!
a19e2ea44018cf8674d19e9d95b07788eb856546_hq.gif

Even better? I was the one who put that Sans sprite into the gif, yup, I did it all by myself on Aseprite!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom