• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

yeah im sure microsoft doesnt want to just put it everywhere

I'm also sure Microsoft is never going to let Banjo be on another Nintendo console ever again until the end of time. I mean, it's not like they're using the IPs name in recent years.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm also sure Microsoft is never going to let Banjo be on another Nintendo console ever again until the end of time. I mean, it's not like they're using the IPs name in recent years.

Seeing that E to M rating makes me uncomfortable

Teeb147

Smash Legend

considering what looks to be coming from banjo's area down there, you sure it aint all just a joke they're putting in your face?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ngl, I'd kill for a Rare Replay 64. Or just more 64 ports in general.
WHO DO I GOTTA SACRIFICE TO GET WAVE RACE HD MAN

The big reason I was really hoping for an N64 Classic was because it'd be nice to actually have a compatible well-made proprietary N64 emulator. The Virtual Console was beautiful on Wii.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:ultyounglink: I'm sorry can you say :ulttoonlink: that a little louder :ultzss: i cant hear you over these same characters :ultdoc:
Lucas Deltarune is Already Ness Undertale Clone.

You can't expect a franchise like MotherTale to have 3 clones like Mario or Zelda.:drshrug:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh yeah minecraft turned 10 today doesn't it

kinda forgot

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
food £150
data £90
rent £700
dropbox premium accounts to host all my memes £3,000
utility £120

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, Im just surprised that MS didnt start capitalizing on the whole nostalgia market, that has been going on for a few years, until now. Even at their deadest, Megaman and Castlevania still got merchandise while their series was(is) dormant.

D

Deleted member

I can't escape possibilities. sure. aint gonna change the truth tho ;)
I agree. The truth doesn't change.

Conker's was actually one of my favorite games on n64. And it's actually still great and funny.
I actually wouldn't mind at all replaying it.
Serious note, I've been interested in playing it for the longest time. Gameplay looks janky but maybe Nintendo can port the Live and Reloaded version over one day to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
can't defend metroid tho
Metroid is a weird case tbh.

Technically, there is 3 Samus clone.

...but ZSS is anything but a clone of Samus in just basically anything beside the fact they are the same person.

Meanwhile, DS is a different character altogether, but she is a basic clone of Samus with only her animation and some minor moveset details being different.

Smash work weirdly sometime.

Anyway, Papyrus is going to get in, not Sans. :v

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
food £150
data £90
rent £700
dropbox premium accounts to host all my memes £3,000
utility £120

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying
Spend more on memes drilpanda

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I agree. The truth doesn't change.

Serious note, I've been interested in playing it for the longest time. Gameplay looks janky but maybe Nintendo can port the Live and Reloaded version over one day to fix it.

I actually dont really want to be on steve's side lol. what am i doing ? XD

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Aynway, since we are talking of DeltaTale, here is some cool **** for ya all.

I actually dont really want to be on steve's side lol. what am i doing ? XD
Annnnd reported.
yup that's going in my compilation..gif

Get this ****ing abomination out of my life.

EDIT: I double posted because of this thing, damn it.

Mods, fusion please.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
hey come on i put it in spoilers. you were warned.
It's not even that.

Just seeing that model make me remember worst thing with that model, and there was a image not-spoiled, so you still get the "no thanks" button. :V

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I want Steve but he ain't in. I don't think western IPs are getting in this DLC: Again, I feel shock value picks and popular Japanese picks are what we're getting.

D

Deleted member

Whole banjo vs steve jokes aside, i think steve is quite an underestimated pick due to bias towards banjo.

Just being the most successful indie game and 2nd best selling game of all time, have a lot of related merchandise and being part of modern pop culture would put him far above most potential 3rd party picks.

D

Deleted member

felt like writing this up so i did
even gave it proper punctuation and everything so
Let’s track this from the beginning.

-----2014: Guardians of the Galaxy-----

The Nebula we see in GotG is far from the Nebula we know and love today, being a far less sympathetic evil *******. She kills and kills without remorse, even trying to murder Gamora on multiple occasions throughout the film. Since this movie was about building up the Guardians themselves, it makes sense as to why they spent less time on Nebula and just sorta shoved her into a minor antagonist role. Her relationship with Thanos isn’t explored further past “he likes Gamora more” and her relationship with Gamora isn’t explored past “rivalry because Thanos likes her better”. However, we still get the first couple glimpses into the deeper part of her character: the moment she finds out that Ronan is plotting to kill Thanos after decimating Xandar, she immediately goes along with his plan. Not because she doesn’t care about the people of Xandar (she doesn’t but that’s besides the point) but because she finally sees a way to break away from her abusive father and maybe kill him in the process. With how damn powerful and influential Thanos is, there’s no way Nebula could kill him on her own. She’ll side with anyone to get away from him, even someone as disgusting as Ronan. This is our first real hint into how troubled Nebula is because of this toxic relationship with this grape looking ************.

-----2017: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2-----

This is where **** starts to get real. Nebula has a lot more screen time in GotG Vol. 2, so she gets a lot more development into her character. Or, more accurately, her character in relation to Gamora.

We first see her when she’s brought to the Guardians by the Sovereign as a prisoner after attempting to steal some of their Harpulary Anulax batteries. Gamora says that she’s “worth nothing more than the bounty due to her on Xandar” and, uh, accepts their “gift”. This isn’t true though, as we can see couple minutes later; Gamora refuses to give Nebula a Yaro Root because it wasn’t ripe. While this is obviously a comedic scene, the fact that Gamora cares about Nebula enough to even take something like that into consideration is extremely telling of her deeper feelings for her. While they may hate each other, and they’re only sisters because of an abusive genocidal megalomaniac bringing them together, they’re sisters nonetheless.

After most of the Guardians head to Ego’s planet, Nebula, Rocket, and Groot have a brief excursion on the Ravager ship. Nebula does something pretty damn interesting here: she saves Rocket and Yondu’s lives. While she probably does simply want her cut of the bounty, she also probably cares for them on some level: the Guardians are important to her, considering how important they are to Gamora. Anyways, the talk she has with Kraglin is pretty damn important; as it’s the first time she truly vents about her issues with Thanos and Gamora. She was never able to defeat Gamora in training battles, and every time she would lose Thanos would replace a part of her with mechanical parts, hence why she’s basically a cyborg. This is why she harbors such resentment towards Gamora. Not because Thanos liked her better, Nebula doesn’t give two ****s about that. It’s because she directly suffers from Thanos liking her better, and from Gamora being better. Of course, this is unfounded hatred. Gamora was just doing what she had to do to survive, and on some level Nebula knows that. But pain’s a complicated thing.

After the final battle with Ego (where Nebula does the most badass **** in any of the Guardians movies when she powers a goddamn spaceship using her own body) she has an incredibly heartwarming talk with Gamora. Don’t really need to explain or analyze this, it speaks for itself.

• Gamora: Nebula… I was a child like you. I was concerned with staying alive until the next day, every day. And I never considered what Thanos was doing to you. I’m trying to make it right. There are little girls like you… across the universe who are in danger. You can stay with us and help them.
  • Nebula: I will help them by killing Thanos.
  • Gamora I don’t know if that’s possible. (hugs Nebula) You will always be my sister.

-----2018: Infinity War-----

Not much happens here in terms of Nebula action. She gets tortured and Gamora gets incredibly upset at the sight, and Nebula gets upset when she finds out that Gamora’s dead, both of which further emphasize their strengthening relationship. Besides that? Not much.

-----2018-2023: Endgame-----

I've already went over how good the paper football moment with her and Tony is, so I'll just quote that post.
this scene actually tore at my heartstrings

the main reason nebula grew up to be so awful was because she could never win. she was never put in a situation where she could win

every single time gamora would beat her, nebula would lose another part of herself. so much so that she's basically a robot now, and she suffers "profound and unceasing pain" for it

but when she finally got to win, even if it was in something as dumb and small and unimportant as paper football, she was so surprised by it. she finally got to achieve some semblance of a victory in her life and it was beautiful

tony isn't without credit here either; he knew that they would both die soon but he didn't want her to die so unhappily

he threw that paper football game hard. i mean, did you see how he flicked scott so damn precisely into 2012!tony's arc reactor?

it was a super dad move on his part

god i ****ing love this movie
She has a heartwarming moment with Rocket after the Benetar touches down, where she sits and holds hands with him. This shared moment between them is a sign of just how much Nebula has come to care about the Guardians over the years and also it’s not romantic don't believe @Shishœ's lies Nebula Is Not A Furry

She becomes a member of the Avengers for the next five years, and the fact that she finally has the closest thing to a family after so long is pretty sweet. The friendship she forms with Rhodey over “not being whole” is incredibly heartwarming. But the main event here is the T I M E H E I S T

Let’s track this from the beginning.

-----2014: Guardians of the Galaxy-----

This version of 2014 Nebula (who I will henceforth refer to as 2014!Nebula) is actually quite different from the 2014 Nebula we know and love to hate. This is for two specific reasons, both tying into Thanos’ abuse and manipulation:

• Our Thanos says “Perhaps I treated you too harshly” before he gets debrained by Thor
  • 2014!Thanos doesn’t kill her for our Nebula’s betrayal even though Maw is all in on doing so, and instead sends her on an incredibly important mission to him.

Now we all know at this point that despite doing nothing wrong, Thanos does not care about Nebula in the slightest. He’s simply doing this as a tactical move, not because he likes her in any way. He's straight up manipulating her into thinking she's more important to her then he actually is. This explains why she doesn't side with our Nebula and the Avengers at all throughout the third act.

-----Back to the future, 2023: Endgame-----

The confrontation between 2014!Nebula, 2014!Gamora, and our Nebula (and Jeremy Renner I guess) was very meaningful to Nebula's arc as a whole. Here's 2014!Nebula, who's mistreated, abused, traumatized, and broken. And here's our Nebula, who grew out of that awful situation, who gained a healthier mindset, who made friends and connected with a family. This was Nebula facing her demons. And if there was just more time, if the situation was different, if there wasn't any risk of total universal genocide, perhaps the outcome could've been different. But Nebula killing 2014!Nebula was poetic in a way. She finally put a rest to her self doubt, to her baggage. To her demons. And with the death of Thanos, her arc is finally complete. Really excited to see where she goes in GotG Vol. 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom