• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now see, this is something I've been purposefully dodging for quite some time, so I figured I might as well talk about it.
Serious Scott time.

In short, the Scott persona ain't going away. After @Hinata relayed all the messages back when I was gone on Discord, seeing how many people actually ended up liking it, it's something that I just can't switch or get rid of. No other is as versatile as Scott, y'know.

So when it comes to the Banjo bet, I can only ask the people of the thread if possibly conditions can be changed, if it doesn't happen.
I think its better just to switch to play something, especially due to how restrictive timewise your bet is.

I suggest that you play one of the games of the newcomer(s) then that is(are) announced at E3.
It’s a mystery, ain’t it?

I suppose I should get Premium again and change my name to Chopped Liver of the Desert Bloom.
Wait, you can't change your name as a mod if you're not premium? Thought it was something that you could do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It’s a mystery, ain’t it?

I suppose I should get Premium again and change my name to Chopped Liver of the Desert Bloom.
Feel like people are more liable to listen to short sweet posts like the one you just posted instead of gigantic wall of text lectures that say basically the same thing in a more tedious way

Also you ignored me so the chopped liver thing is my title not yours

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I showed my daughter the Smash roster and told her to pick which one will be her main. She doesn’t understand sentences as complex as that one yet so I wasn’t expecting a response. But she chose someone to my amazement.

And this someone was Ganondorf.

And that’s a perfect pick for her since she is basically Ganondorf in 20 month old form.

My wife and I still mourn for my wife’s phone that was found submerged in the toilet last night.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Being a mod on this forum must be like being a Magical Girl......in Madoka Magica.

It's suffering basically, even though it look fun at first.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's almost as if the mods are trying to do their jobs, but no one listens.
we'd rather insult the mods and test their power instead by mocking them and their stupid rules

insert guise of context meme and an audience clapping

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
we'd rather insult the mods and test their power instead by mocking them and their stupid rules

insert guise of context meme and an audience clapping
reported for bootlicking

inb4 long winded “um ackshually”

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I showed my daughter the Smash roster and told her to pick which one will be her main. She doesn’t understand sentences as complex as that one yet so I wasn’t expecting a response. But she chose someone to my amazement.

And that’s a perfect pick for her since she is basically Ganondorf in 20 month old form.

My wife and I still mourn for my wife’s phone that was found submerged in the toilet last night.
She smashed the phone at 30%

D

Deleted member

can we get a DORIYAH up in here

D

Deleted member

It's almost as if the mods are trying to do their jobs, but no one listens.
or perhaps the rules are enforced incredibly inconsistently and therefore it's incredibly hard for people to take the mods seriously when half the time we don't even know what we'll be infracted for
tumblr_p25khweTNb1rnaemno1_1280.png

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also you ignored me so the chopped liver thing is my title not yours
Huh? You were saying something?

I josh, I josh...

Being a mod on this forum must be like being a Magical Girl......in Madoka Magica.

It's suffering basically, even though it look fun at first.
I think that’s anywhere really.

I’ve been modding here shortly after Smash 4 was announced and left for after it came out for year and half. Even so, I have loved every minute of helping be a staff here.

D

Deleted member

Here's the problem. I already did that but did the entire Ursula side-quest in Xenoblade 2. Yes, I'm that harmful to my body.

I really dunno what else to buy or do.
Make it multiple games. Like @Zeke The Zekenator is gonna marathon the entire Bubsy series if he loses the Banjo bet. I'm doing Fire Emblem hard mode no resets if I lose the Erdrick bet and 100%-ing DK 64 and playing Battletoads if I lose the Banjo one. I tried getting Will Will in on the action but he was going to make me 100% an MMO so I was like, "nope."

How about you marathon Fire Emblem Awakening, all of Fates, and Fire Emblem Three Houses, and you have to romance the child dragons and your family? That good?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Idk man maybe it's because I'm an admin on another forum but this place seems to have a pretty normal "don't be a ********" rule

Though some folks should get banned way harder and faster like John Dylan Smith Jr. over in the newcomer speculation thread but that's none of my business

Online forum moderation is awful and thankless, even for a place you love. Especially for a place you love

D

Deleted member

I should have done this when joker came out weeks ago...
PERSONA 5
:ultjoker:
9238A37D-1D13-43C8-910D-6462CA8D9804.jpeg
I’m gonna keep doing this whenever new characters come in

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I think its better just to switch to play something, especially due to how restrictive timewise your bet is.

I suggest that you play one of the games of the newcomer(s) then that is(are) announced at E3.
Yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna go with. So here's SCOTT'S LOCKS OF THE WEEK!
  • If Banjo happens...
    • I style on y'all.
  • If Banjo doesn't happen...
    • If only Erdrick gets revealed, if we're going off the rumor mill, going by technicality since DQXI is somewhat related to DQIII, I'll play DQXI S.
    • If some other character gets revealed, I'll figure something out depending on their character.
Yeah, lame bets, I know. It's all I got to think of, really.

D

Deleted member

Idk man maybe it's because I'm an admin on another forum but this place seems to have a pretty normal "don't be a ********" rule

Though some folks should get banned way harder and faster like John Dylan Smith Jr. over in the newcomer speculation thread but that's none of my business

Online forum moderation is awful and thankless, even for a place you love. Especially for a place you love
the issue is that the "don't be a ********" rule is only enforced half the time for the most random ****

D

Deleted member

or perhaps the rules are enforced incredibly inconsistently and therefore it's incredibly hard for people to take the mods seriously when half the time we don't even know what we'll be infracted for
View attachment 221291
I'd say most of the stuff people have gotten in trouble for is pretty consistent, lol.

But let's leave it at that. This ain't gonna do anything but start arguments, especially in a climate where people are salty at the mods.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I josh, I josh...

I’ve been modding here shortly after Smash 4 was announced and left for after it came out for year and half. Even so, I have loved every minute of helping be a staff here.
Hmm, I don't know, some places you can very easily see it's going to be a ****show if you intent to become a mod in it, but I wouldn't say at first glance a Smash Bros forum would be suffering, atleast if I didn't pay too much attention.

It's like a bait, ya know?
when you just signed up for the red name and banner but now every day is suffering

View attachment 221293
Don't worry, mods do gain one powerful option once they get that red banner.
DIQzjdnXoAAs3Yj.jpg

The Ban Gun baby.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd say most of the stuff people have gotten in trouble for is pretty consistent, lol.

But let's leave it at that. This ain't gonna do anything but start arguments, especially in a climate where people are salty at the mods.
I’m pretty sure even the staff disagree with that at this point

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I josh, I josh...

How.. how in the world did you tag something I said a week ago?

Phew... finally finished my writing portfolio.

Now to start that CS program that's due in 7 hours.

Alexa, play my "going fast as **** to finish homework" playlist that only consists of this one song on repeat:
And now I'm reminded that BrawlBRSTMs3X no longer has any 15.5/30 minute long videos of Nintendo music...

So thanks for that.

D

Deleted member

fam i got a whole*** list of **** that i can't say here because we're not allowed to talk about modmin actions in public and instead should go to Forum Support uwu

D

Deleted member

We are so close to E3 that there is just going to be a total radio silence on anything gaming related for the next few weeks. Hold me.
Who needs to wait on games when you can play them? 'Bout to play Banjo Tooie and Dragon Quest 8 to hype E3 (and because I haven't played them in years).

D

Deleted member

Are you saying this due to the verbatim dude in the newcomer thread? That guy is so up in his ass that you can't have a discussion with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom