• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Me: "You know, I should probably go to sleep so I have energy for tomorrow"

Cygames: We're gonna release the 1st full match of Granblue Fantasy Versus right now:

Me: ****

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me, quitely watching in a corner, waiting for Three Houses stuff to FBylethpost nonstop
aoj8vM5.jpg

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I kind of do that already depending on your definitions...

And my like-post ratio is pretty lacking :yoshi:
tfw completely contempt with being too hit-or-miss to be able to compete for likes, so I just mind my own business while other people talk about gaining likes.
Popcorn.gif

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Sometimes in a nuzlocke, you just get critted, don't you.

1.png

Rest in piece, Dead Weight the Sunflora. Can't promise you'll be missed

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I mean... that's half the reason I play :ultbowser: and :ultwolf:.

And it's worked for me so far.
I'm partly guilty of this when I play Guilty Gear since I turn my brain off and play Leo. Sometimes you have to follow your heart and embrace the unga.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Coricus Coricus

Followed advice.

Got up. Went for juice. Lacked orange juice.

Improvised next closest thing available, fresh squeezed.

1558080582737.png

Squeezed the bottle, it counts.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What'll happen if my boi meets those criteria? Will I be the scum of the Earth then? :yoshi:
afaik the only character in Smash who fully meets the criteria of an unga bunga is Chrom. An unga bunga has to be a reckless character that can spam safe moves, and this fits Chrom so well. Not that it's a bad thing though, being an unga is a very valid strategy at the hands of a bunga player.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What'll happen if my boi meets those criteria? Will I be the scum of the Earth then? :yoshi:
I play Palutena a lot, but she was a secondary even in Smash 4, so I have character loyalty moral high ground.

Stick to Yoshi and you'll show them once he's broken as hell.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I don't think Yoshi will ever be an unga bunga based on the way he's designed overall. He's great in this game, but he isn't broken.

Plus I suck w/ Yoshi overall and I'm already trying to play way more characters competitively than I should.

afaik the only character in Smash who fully meets the criteria of an unga bunga is Chrom. An unga bunga has to be a reckless character that can spam safe moves, and this fits Chrom so well. Not that it's a bad thing though, being an unga is a very valid strategy at the hands of a bunga player.
Tbh, I do have Chrom as a special pocket pick in case I wanna get really cheesy w/ my kills. But I rarely use him in completive play b/c most people I face usually catch on to my tactics.

I play Palutena a lot, but she was a secondary even in Smash 4, so I have character loyalty moral high ground.
Ironically, I also picked up Palutena towards the end of Smash 4, but I didn't really get the results I wanted w/ her. But I decided it to stick w/ her since Ultimate was just around the corner.

Guess that was a good choice on my part.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't think Yoshi will ever be an unga bunga based on the way he's designed overall. He's great in this game, but he isn't broken.

Plus I suck w/ Yoshi overall and I'm already trying to play way more characters competitively than I should.
He's often accused of it due to the tools he has on stage

They don't realize that there's a place called "off-stage" :yoshi:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I have a friend whose characters tend to fall into the UNGA BUNGA stereotype in being fast, strong, kinda heavy, and safe on damn near everything. I was getting trashed by his Wolf a week ago. It wasn't until I brought out these two that I was able to beat him three times in a row.
__princess_zelda_the_legend_of_zelda_and_etc_drawn_by_kitayama_miuki__56a29c32e93cab909d138fc5...png
Smuga_Man.jpg

It's kinda nice hearing him comment on my Zelda, though my Mega Man shouldn't have beaten him at all. That one I felt lucky in, and that was my last fight in the stream too. We all bounced off and bid our GGs. He's a tourney-goer while I'm mostly a casual player, so I got a bit sharp because of him and another friend.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
He's often accused of it due to the tools he has on stage

They don't realize that there's a place called "off-stage" :yoshi:
His overall ground game is good yeah, but none of the moves are blatantly overpowered by any means.

Plus like you alluded to before, he isn't the best offstage. Once you knock him out of his midair jump, he basically has to rely own air speed and Up B momentum, which is much more easy to predict.

So yeah, I agree that he isn't an "Unga Bunga" character.

Kinda curious to see how GOML plays out, that starts today right?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
for my part, this konosumi avatar plays to two crowds

that way, i always come out on top

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
His overall ground game is good yeah, but none of the moves are blatantly overpowered by any means.

Plus like you alluded to before, he isn't the best offstage. Once you knock him out of his midair jump, he basically has to rely own air speed and Up B momentum, which is much more easy to predict.

I see the Wall on Discord talk about how my boi actually does well against many characters and it goes WAY above my head

I take his word for it though. :yoshi:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Yeah, Goml is this weekend

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Welp.

Succeeded reliving some tragedies and thinking about some things. Didn't succeed so much at creative stuff, or even really pinning a direction on what or where.

Gonna try to sleep it off and pick it up before work tomorrow. Don't know how that'll go, but I know I got nothing left in me tonight.

Damn well will try though. It's acceptable to fail. Ain't acceptable to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom