• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
All Pokémon Movies I've seen ranked best to worst:

Heroes (Latias)
Rise of Darkrai (Darkrai)
Spell of the Unown (Entei)
Destiny Deoxys (Deoxys)
Mystery of Mew (Lucario)
Legend Awakened (Genesect)
Jewel of Life (Arceus)
Mewtwo Strikes Back (Mewtwo)
Illusion Master (Zoroark)
Clash of Ages (Hoopa)
Sky Warrior (Giratina)
4Ever (Celebi)
The Power of One (Lugia)
Victini (Reshiram/Zekrom)
Cocoon of Destruction (Yveltal)
Wishmaker (Jirachi)
Swords of Justice (Keldeo)
Mechanical Marvel (Volcanion)
Temple of the Sea (Manaphy)

To counter that Godlike song you posted, I'd like to give my divine counterplay:
I haven't even seen half of those (stopped watching at about number 9 or 10), but I remember liking
- Destiny Deoxys (cos of best angry boi Rayquaza)
- Mystery of Mew (the Regis are based as always)
- Spell of the Unown (I liked the story; probably my favourite)
- Heroes (Venice is cool plus Kabutops got some screentime)

Also I don't remember much about the Power of One but it's probably why I like Slowking so much so there's that

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
would yall buy an extention to a game for $39.99? Because MHWs ice thing extension costs $39.99. I thought it would be, you know, free
That'd probably depend on how much I loved the game and how much was in the DLC.

And like, how much spending cash I had set aside in the first place.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Aight guys, challenge time! Give some of your favorite Smash fighters Pokemon teams!

:ultjoker:: Darkrai, Zoroark, Umbreon, Weavile
:ultwario:: Alolan Muk, Gengar, Weezing,
:ultkrool:: Feraligatr, Slaking, Krookodile,

D

Deleted member

Aight guys, challenge time! Give some of your favorite Smash fighters Pokemon teams!

:ultisabelle:: Sylveon, Stoutland, Midday Lycanroc, Ribombee, Alolan Raichu, and Mega Lopunny

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zinith Zinith , you're welcome in advance.

View attachment 219442

Everyone else, I'm sorry in advance.
website won’t even let me be disturbed in picture form...I will kill this site for scarring me for life
Zinith no, there are children here!
He gives no ****s

PikaPit...for :ultpit:...but this time it’ll be PikaPit Jr/PikaPittoo and will actually get to live a long and healthy life

D

Deleted member

:ultjoker:: Darkrai, Zoroark.
:ultdarksamus:: Giratina, Ditto or Dusknoir.
:ultsamus:: Genesect or Magnezone.
:ultridley:: Yvelta.
:ultmegaman:: Porygon.
:ultcloud:: Absol

Not just for Joker, but the whole of the P5 cast!

But the image uploader's broken again, so you'll never be able to see it. :p
We can always quote the post when writing a post to see the picture on all it’s glory.

And the art I found is just of Joker alone with Darkrai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

:ultrob:: Metagross (both robotic), Hitmontop (spins like a gyro), Celesteela (steel type and has a sort of similar body shape to the Ancient Minister)
:ultolimar:: Venusaur (evolutionary line all bout a flower blooming), Durant (Pikmin kinda like ants), Vespiquen (also controls a horde of minions)
:ultpiranha:: Victreebell, Carnivine, Carvanha

D

Deleted member

Ok, here’s the art I found.
Try to look at it by quoting this post if it doesn’t show.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yet Sakurai has not shown any aversion to western gaming or its characters. He's talked about multiple games from western developers such as Undertale, Minecraft, and Stardew Valley in his Famitsu column, he's talked about their influence on gaming as a whole such as namedropping the John Carmack of Doom fame for its influence on the FPS genre, and he's never said or shown any signs of being against the idea of adding one to Smash. Boosting the Japanese gaming industry doesn't mean that all western characters are off-limits, he can still cater to that endeavor while exploring the western characters he finds interesting.

And the movements and attacks that do exists in the AT don't? Sakurai is a developer with great attention to detail and we know he cares about making sure both parties are on board with how the characters are represented. Even with an AT he would definitely be the type of man who would go to Yacht Club and ask them questions to make sure he's putting in their character the way they want him to be, that's not something I can see changing regardless of the differing situation.

Fans have been demanding western third party characters at least since Smash 4, I still remember those like Rayman being popular choices and there were people clamoring for examples like Sans, Dovahkiin, and especially Banjo during DLC and/or Ultimate's pre-release period. It's not something that has just popped up out of the blue, that demand has been there for quite some time.

As for Sakurai, to repeat he has looked into western gaming. He has played their games and recognized their influence, and that is something he's done with the third parties he's added in like Castlevania. It's not unlikely to believe that, out of the five potential characters he picked, he picked a western one that he felt was interesting, popular, and influential enough to join the Smash cast and duke it out with them all.
Certainly, Sakurai has shown interest in playing western IP. He has written about several different games in his Famitsu column. However, he has relatively recently had to say that his columns do not necessarily relate to Smash, because anytime he has played a game there are fans who instantly assume there’s a connection. This in itself doesn’t mean he’d never add a western pick, but it simply shows there’s no connection between games he has played and their likelihood for showing up in Smash.

What I meant by “why now?”, I meant more...why does it suddenly seem inevitable that a Western IP is getting in when there are still Japanese IP that are just as valuable that could be added? You have Dark Souls, Tekken, Tales, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, and a myriad of other options. Each of those supports Japanese developers that have been connected to Smash already, and there are still other Japanese devs, like Koei Tecmo, that have nothing. Adding a western pick doesn’t do this...not a single Japanese developer makes any sort of profit, monetary or simply by exposure, from a western character. This goes directly against the awards, and potential design philosophy, that Sakurai has displayed so far.

Adding Shovel Knight as an Assist Trophy, which comes packaged with the game and costs nothing extra, is not really the same thing as an independently sold Fighter that brings a stage, Spirits and music. What works for base roster doesn’t necessarily work for DLC

We won’t know what turns out to be true until Fighter #5 is added and the roster is finished. I simply see no reason to expect a Western character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today I learned Steam user reviews have horrible taste.

Tales of Vesperia is mixed on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom