• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Gameinformer released 7 min gameplay video of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3:

Looking okaish honestly.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
y'all ever seen the isaac thread in the immediate moments before and after the incineroar trailer started playing

heartbreaking
I decided to go to the Isaac thread and see what it was like.

I got as far as seeing their posts 10 minutes or so before the trailer. It was physically beginning to hurt to see how much hope was there. I didn't have the will to see the rest.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Being on Team Suffering is where is at; no expectations, no hopes, only deep fried memes.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
y'all ever seen the isaac thread in the immediate moments before and after the incineroar trailer started playing

heartbreaking
Bruh that Direct was devastating for Isaac fans like us.

And pretty much anyone who had hope in the Grinch Leak.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Being on Team Suffering is where is at; no expectations, no hopes, only deep fried memes.
Yo you just perfectly described being an Andy supporter.

With less memes even which makes it even more painful. :(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It probably helps I had no hope in the Grinch Leak. Cool character list, sure, but it didn't add up to me. Way too many characters and no Incineroar made me skeptical from the start. And then Vaanrose pointed out the inconsistencies, and that sealed it for me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The best thing about the Grinch Leak was that: The Grinch Leak.

That name alone carried some of the confusion & pain away.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It probably helps I had no hope in the Grinch Leak. Cool character list, sure, but it didn't add up to me. Way too many characters and no Incineroar made me skeptical from the start. And then Vaanrose pointed out the inconsistencies, and that sealed it for me.
I had some doubts but I suppose confirmation bias was a thing that made me less skeptical and more hopeful. Granted I wasn't fully convinced of the leak but I was leaning Team Real til' the Direct. And then the Direct happened and that was the end of that as well as Isaac's hopes and dreams.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
I'm sorry ProJared got you too. We're all here for you.
ProJared for Smash. His final smash is stripping in front of Lucas and Ness.

It went either way for me. There was no hard evidence that sold the Grinch leak for me, but the stage was set for us to believe it back in 2018. But then Vergeben said no to the Grinch leak and many others pointed out the artistic inconsistencies. It was more confusing than anything.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
vaanrose and artsyomni straight up pointing out "the background doesn't match the official blank background at all in places where characters needed moving" was what put me firmly on team fake from day 1, with only the odd "ehhhehhhehh?" with stuff like little mac's shoe having green (which was just image artifacts)

it's weird to think that if the leaker had just found that blank background rather than trying to throw together his own, the entire thing would've been ironclad

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The best thing about the Grinch Leak was that: The Grinch Leak.

That name alone carried some of the confusion & pain away.
The best thing about the Grinch Leak was the fact that it gave the Mach Rider some attention. Didn't know much about her before the leak(Including the fact that she was a her), but now I have retro character I want.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I wonder hownthe Layton support thread reacted to Layton not being shown? I didnt hear anything from them so I just assume they just cried silently and moved on
We didn’t really set ourselves up for disappointment, most there had already resigned on Layton’s chances for base game already before the November direct.

It’s not gentleman like behavior to make a scene or have outbursts, most of us just gave a deep sigh and began hoping for DLC.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The slide. . .ish.

I made it out of ice, so it's a slow, pathetic but still technically sliding slide normally and a quick jolt of speed wearing Frostspark Boots.
I like it. Any mechanical cleverness is good mechanical cleverness in my book.

Tire swing though.

The outfit (though obscured by confetti a bit in this pic) is the Forbidden Armor, and it is the single most aesthetic armor set I think I've ever seen in this game. Just that tricky bit about it being kind of an Early Hardmode niche and needing to murder three Sand Elementals (I.E. sandstorm exclusive, tanky minibosses) to get it. But hey anything for me to avoid boss fights longer hahahahah

The full armor set creates the sigil behind me and actually summons a pretty massive AOE attack if you downclick twice in an area with enough room. It's like Baby's First Stardust Armor in an abstract sort of way.

View attachment 218931View attachment 218930
After you started talking about the armor I slowly realized I got no idea what any of that is. Not sure if I forgot or just never got there.

Does look dope though.

You still stuck on Hardmode Bonejangles? Pretty sure I'd be a liability but maybe I could, like...meat shield the first hit or two.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Is this like a Warriors game? I’ve been becoming more and more interested.
Not exactly. I think it's more like a beat em up. I hear the first two games were good, and the first one was even going to have Link and Samus in it!.. Until the devs made the mistake of showcasing the development of those characters to Nintendo on a PlayStation 2.

D

Deleted member

I bought Marvel Unlimited yesterday.

Comic time, y'all. Thinkin' I'll start with Thor, Spider Man, and Doctor Strange, but if anyone here has any recommendations I'll gladly hear 'em.

D

Deleted member

I only went to Chic Fil A once like years ago, and I never went again.
Mainly because I hate homophobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom