• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I've beaten Persona 5 - I just finished the seventh palace.

Given that Akechi's dead and Shido's had a change of heart, there aren't any antagonists left. There's still getting to the bottom of Mementos, since that's tied to Morgana uncovering his identity, but that could be post-game content.

The final bosses were tough, though I feel like I might have been underleveled, but it never felt unfair. I wasn't able to get far in some of the social links (especially Haru), but I just wanted to beat the game, so I thought I did pretty well.

D

Deleted member

Given that Akechi's dead and Shido's had a change of heart, there aren't any antagonists left. There's still getting to the bottom of Mementos, since that's tied to Morgana uncovering his identity, but that could be post-game content.

The final bosses were tough, though I feel like I might have been underleveled, but it never felt unfair. I wasn't able to get far in some of the social links (especially Haru), but I just wanted to beat the game, so I thought I did pretty well.
I'll just wait for The Royal to play P5.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

hot tip:

the game's not over until the credits roll

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
So, I just finished the first of 7 exams I have to take in the next 2 weeks.

Here, the exams are all-or-nothing. It doesn’t matter how you did in, you know, the actual school year, the grade you get on the exam is the grade you get in the class.

I’ve never been this stressed. It certainly didn’t help when one of my teachers basically told the class “by the way, our salaries for next year depend on how well you do on the tests.”

D

Deleted member

So, I just finished the first of 7 exams I have to take in the next 2 weeks.

Here, the exams are all-or-nothing. It doesn’t matter how you did in, you know, the actual school year, the grade you get on the exam is the grade you get in the class.

I’ve never been this stressed. It certainly didn’t help when one of my teachers basically told the class “by the way, our salaries for next year depend on how well you do on the tests.”
Hey look! Someone who is living like me.

Being serious again, this amount of stress does indeed suck too much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just beat Rei in FotNS:LP. I was surprised just how much easier the fight got once I was leveled up a bit. I was still lower than him though. But it was 19 vs 23 instead of 16 vs 23. Either way Ken cured his sister he was looking for of blindness and I'm preeeeety sure the dude who actually kidnapped her was Raoh or Kyo-oh.

Looking forward to playing more of that game, I'm liking it so far. I can see why people shill the Yakuza games now.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When you think of the odds of a Square Enix franchise, it doesn’t even come down to the codenames. While it’s entirely possible that “Brave” isn’t a Square Enix character in the first place, there is reason to see Dragon Quest as the no pun intended “default” series that is next in line.

That’s based on legacy in gaming. You can’t deny the overall impact of Dragon Quest on gaming, and it’s absolutely gigantic in Japan. It’s ranks as the #2 JRPG in all time sales, with merchandising launching it into one of the top series ever.

Plus that Direct presentation for DQXI was, like, the highest praise of DQXI ever, it’s a series that could do better with more exposure to the west, and has plenty of iconic things to bring to a Smash game.

I think other options are absolutely interesting and would be great. I think it’s a safe bet that it’s Dragon Quest, all things considered.

D

Deleted member

Neither does KI:U.
Or Kirby:Star Allies.

When you think of the odds of a Square Enix franchise, it doesn’t even come down to the codenames. While it’s entirely possible that “Brave” isn’t a Square Enix character in the first place, there is reason to see Dragon Quest as the no pun intended “default” series that is next in line.

That’s based on legacy in gaming. You can’t deny the overall impact of Dragon Quest on gaming, and it’s absolutely gigantic in Japan. It’s ranks as the #2 JRPG in all time sales, with merchandising launching it into one of the top series ever.

Plus that Direct presentation for DQXI was, like, the highest praise of DQXI ever, it’s a series that could do better with more exposure to the west, and has plenty of iconic things to bring to a Smash game.

I think other options are absolutely interesting and would be great. I think it’s a safe bet that it’s Dragon Quest, all things considered.
Damn, I love this post.

I REALLY do love this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I don't think anyone's doubting that Dragon Quest is an iconic series to add to Smash. Hell, regardless of Brave it makes sense. And in terms of spirits, stages, Mii Costumes and the like, there's plenty of options there in that regard as well.

It's just that the main appeal for it is in Japan, so for us in the west it's not terribly exciting to as many people, as say Cloud was for nearly everyone. That said western fans did get Ridley and Dark Samus, something we're happy about. I think K.Rool was popular enough in the East and West, but I could be mistaken.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

>Thinking he’s finished

You sweet summer child.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>Thinking he’s finished

You sweet summer child.
man i'm glad we finally caught the midnight channel killer, that game-themed dungeon with the pixel boss was annoying as **** but at least we've tied up all the loose ends

D

Deleted member

I don't think anyone's doubting that Dragon Quest is an iconic series to add to Smash. Hell, regardless of Brave it makes sense. And in terms of spirits, stages, Mii Costumes and the like, there's plenty of options there in that regard as well.

It's just that the main appeal for it is in Japan, so for us in the west it's not terribly exciting to as many people, as say Cloud was for nearly everyone. That said western fans did get Ridley and Dark Samus, something we're happy about. I think K.Rool was popular enough in the East and West, but I could be mistaken.
I don't know.

I just would love to see DQ in Smash. DQ8 is one of my childhood games, and I have fond memories of the series.

It just sucks that before Erdrick began getting speculated, I literally had to hide that side of me since I entered the internet due to the drama with the composer and the thing about characters with swords or "anime".

It would be awful to return to those times again after finally being able to open myself, which sadly seems to be the case soon.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I mean that’s fair. But on the same token, Dragon Quest still has the farther reach than smaller SE IP do, such as Bravely Default, The World Ends With You, and others.

By no means does that mean that any other series I just mentioned doesn’t qualify for Smash. However, I think it’s just plainly clear why Dragon Quest is probably getting into Smash before those other series.

I mean, if you want to draw in fans who may not normally buy the series or get Smash, you’d go for the largest player bases or the ones who wouldn’t already own the console. Bravely has basically been Nintendo exclusive which...reduces the amount of people that fit that quality drastically.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I appreciate the fact that you took your time for me.

I'm saving the gif on my phone and later on my iPad.
It's the least I could do for my earlier ****-up.:dr-_-:

In all cases, glad you like it, now, I'm going to take a break.:drsad:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know.

I just would love to see DQ in Smash. DQ8 is one of my childhood games, and I have fond memories of the series.

It just sucks that before Erdrick began getting speculated, I literally had to hide that side of me since I entered the internet due to the drama with the composer and the thing about characters with swords or "anime".

It would be awful to return to those times again after finally being able to open myself, which sadly seems to be the case soon.
You shouldn't really be afraid to share your opinions on that. If people want to ***** at you for liking the games because the composer hates foreigners or because of anime, that's their problem. Just like what you like man.

I mean I'd like Mega Man X/MMEXE/Starforce Mega Man in Smash and I know for a fact that their chances are fairly low. But I'll show support regardless. MM is one of my favorite game series.

I know DQ has some western fans, in the same way Metroid has some Japanese fans, but it's largest fan base is in Japan.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>puts food out for cat
>continuously have to swat flys away from thr food
>Cat is probably watching me and doesnt wanna come to the food when Im around
> :034:
>Decided to give thr cat space and go home

I may not like cats much for them to be my pet and will only get one as a pet as a last ditch.....but I wanted to see the cat:104: I just wanna see animals, cat

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
@JDCabrera sorry I was offline for hours after promising you could talk to me.

I had obligations I'd forgotten

I'm really glad to see you're feeling better

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Just at me next time doc English

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Neither does KI:U.
Power move: Give everyone just enough time to have an Everybody Laughs Ending just so you can subvert it with Level 3 White Anger and literally just claw the freaking credits off before proceeding to pace around just casually laying down the new status quo while the blood drains out of everyone's faces

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera sorry I was offline for hours after promising you could talk to me.

I had obligations I'd forgotten

I'm really glad to see you're feeling better
Yeah, I'm trying my best to get better.

Right now, we are going to my favourite pizzeria.

This day is being surprisingly alright.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy ****, this week was crazy, I made so much stuff, sprites, gif, etc...

Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of myself for finally doing something of my week instead of just watching memes video, but ****, does my eyes need to rest now.

Also, I haven't done much on my OC, but, heh, you got to make compromise sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom