• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
he punched banner out in like ten seconds without even using the stones

hell yeah he is
Wait, when Banner was transformed? When the hell? I don't remember that. At the beginning of Infinity War?

I feel like between Ragnarok and the Infinity movies they really neutered Hulk's power.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
infracted for being a meanie and abusing your authority

(14,000,605 points, 1 future)
Infracted for impersonating a mod. Poorly. (all of the points, all of the time)

D

Deleted member

Still zero.

I stand by the notion that there will be no further updates once the Fighters Pass has concluded and Nintendo/Sora/Bandai will all move onto other projects.
I have to agree with this one. Not that I have any concrete evidence supporting it, nor do I have anything against the theory that says we'll be getting a FP2. It's just a gut feeling I'm going to stick by!

D

Deleted member

Wait, when Banner was transformed? When the hell? I don't remember that. At the beginning of Infinity War?

I feel like between Ragnarok and the Infinity movies they really neutered Hulk's power.
yeah i'm talking about infinity war

they pull the whole "have bad guy beat super strong good guy" thing on him in the beginning

honestly idk if he's been neutered, i mean he was only beat twice: once by the seductive god of thunder and once by the guy who beat iron man using his strongest suit yet, dual-wielding (yet fat and out-of-practice) thor, and mjolnir cap without breaking a sweat

D

Deleted member

Hulk is about Thor's level and Thor was having trouble fighting Thanos during the last part of Endgame.

Plus, Thanos survived using the gauntlet and managed to escape afterwards while Hulk pretty much lost his arm and was heavily injured.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

they pull the whole "have bad guy beat super strong good guy" thing on him in the beginning

honestly idk if he's been neutered, i mean he was only beat twice: once by the seductive god of thunder and once by the guy who beat iron man using his strongest suit yet, dual-wielding (yet fat and out-of-practice) thor, and mjolnir cap without breaking a sweat
Huh. I legitimately forgot that. I thought Banner was a human the whole time before Heimdall tossed him away but you're right.

There's something to be said about fighting Thanos and his closest, uh, let's say "advisors" at the same time in a limited space while dealing with whatever was holding Hulk back throughout the film. But I'd say that the idea of him being a limitless source of indestructible power was definitely scaled back for the MCU.

I kinda wish Hulk had actually continued fighting Ragnarok. I wanna see like an Asura's Wrath scale fight where Hulk legitimately hulks out but we'll never get to see it now.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay, so umm... there was supposed to be a marble race today... but nobody really saw the last one, so I'm posting it here...

Also I'm not feeling too inspired to record part 5, unless I'm mistaken and people want to see it.
Honestly dude I had no idea you were putting these up on Youtube. The thread moves so fast I guess I missed it. I just subscribed. :bee:

I'd love it if you continued. Have you considered making a thread in Decisive Games so people can better keep up?

D

Deleted member

Huh. I legitimately forgot that. I thought Banner was a human the whole time before Heimdall tossed him away but you're right.

There's something to be said about fighting Thanos and his closest, uh, let's say "advisors" at the same time in a limited space while dealing with whatever was holding Hulk back throughout the film. But I'd say that the idea of him being a limitless source of indestructible power was definitely scaled back for the MCU.

I kinda wish Hulk had actually continued fighting Ragnarok. I wanna see like an Asura's Wrath scale fight where Hulk legitimately hulks out but we'll never get to see it now.
tbf the black order made a point of "letting thanos have his fun" alone with hulk

but yeah i wish we could've seen a worldbreaker hulk on the big screen

unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case since he seems cool with being a big green scientist but it would be neat

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He meant Best Xeno girls and Bestest Xeno Simpleton ofc :V

"Im so ****ed up"
View attachment 217334
:ultshinjiikari:
That looks like a Heroes orb so I'm gonna use it as a segue.

I really hope the new banner trailer comes out tonight, and that it's Valentia themed. Just passed the 200 orb mark.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hulk is about Thor's level and Thor was having trouble fighting Thanos during the last part of Endgame.

Plus, Thanos survived using the gauntlet and managed to escape afterwards while Hulk pretty much lost his arm and was heavily injured.
Right yeah, that's why I was asking the question.

In my mind, Hulk is supposed to be the strongest in the Marvel universe because he's limited only by his amount of rage. And while Thor can clearly keep up with him, I don't think Thor has truly fought Hulk at his highest, rage-iest power. I don't think we've even seen that power in his MCU appearances. Hulk's Ragnarok appearance was much calmer and aware that he was fighting for show.

While Professor Hulk is wonderful, I think that is Hulk's, like, base power with no rage multiplier at all. So while he's still technically "Hulk" he's not nearly "the Hulk", if that makes sense. Hulk was clearly confused and scared after his years developing his own persona in Ragnarok, so I don't think we ever saw the real Hulk versus Thanos. And when the Infinity Stones crippled his arm, I think that's entirely due to the lack of any rage multiplier at all. Perhaps his invulnerability/regeneration are also closely tied to that rage he no longer had.

Obviously Captain America shouldn't be nearly as strong as Thanos, but Cap can fight Iron Man to (mostly) a standstill, meaning Stark even in his best suit shouldn't be able to do much either. So Thanos took on Cap, Iron Man and an out of shape Thor that he already beat once before at full strength. I don't think that necessarily belittles Hulk himself by comparison because we have almost nothing with which to directly compare them all.

IMO, Hulk was really underused. I wish Mark Ruffalo's Hulk had gotten a solo movie to really shine.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is peak Turn Left: A car that actually says it turns left
20190507_150609.jpg

That looks like a Heroes orb so I'm gonna use it as a segue.

I really hope the new banner trailer comes out tonight, and that it's Valentia themed. Just passed the 200 orb mark.
Im betting trailer tonight too.
200? I thought L!Alm would hit harder your stash :p

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah climate change is important, but have you ever realised joker's character select portrait is 15% too large compared to the average

D

Deleted member

Cap can fight Iron Man to (mostly) a standstill
he... really couldn't

if we're talking about civil war there were plenty of times where tony had an opportunity for a kill shot. he was pretty obviously holding back, and that was with a muuuuch weaker suit than the mark 50 or 85

he was also mostly just ignoring cap and going after bucky until the last leg of the fight, and even then bucky had to save america's ass from being ko'd a couple times

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

and by Just Iron man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom