• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know that at the End of the day, likes don’t matter, but still that’s the stream of consciousness that goes through my head.
Honestly, if people accidently like my post and want to unlike my post, that is fine.

I feel like there is too much of an emphasis on likes and the "like to post ratio" in here.

Like I get it, likes are fun to get and all, but you should not use them to promote status and show you are better than other users.

I mean, the whole "like to post ratio" debate is rough for me, because mine is not good.

That being said, I am not mad at the people posting themselves getting over other users in likes to show a fun competition. I am mad when people go too far with likes and abuse them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Y’all want a hot take?

****ting on people with bad opinions isn’t right. It only makes them retreat into communities where thoughts like that are acceptable, this furthering their negative beliefs.

Instead you should try to build empathy and explain to them why they’re wrong. Even if they’re too far along you should try, and if it doesn’t work, just walk away instead of going off on them. If they’re calling for or instigating violence that’s one thing, but if they just have the beliefs you should either try to get across to them or just let them be.

Again, watching the Pewdiepipeline video is great for understanding how people get set into these beliefs and how we can get them to become more accepting of others.

We won’t get anywhere screaming at each other.
Hot take: Fighting fire with fire burns the world down.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Of course, but you know how these things actually play out.

Person says something wrong, gets ganged up on for a page or two, someone calls for the mods but no one listens, the outrage becomes larger than the initial point, people meme on the outrage, the mods slap us all on the wrist, and then we move on.

It’s as solid as the water cycle as far as I know.
Yes but just because only one of the 14,000,605 possible scenarios seen so far ended with people reporting a post and mods getting rid of it before a cluster**** broke out doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm a firm believer that the true value of these screenshots comes in donkey kong's face

1557174906001.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Still playing on my Garry's Mod multiplayer game, but have a screenshot I made.

20190506163251_1.jpg

"When Soldier told Corrin to walk the Plank, I don't think this is what Corrin had in mind."

Posing Corrin's arms was impossible.

D

Deleted member

Any good emulators for Banjo Kazooie?
As far as I know Mugen64Plus is probably your best bet.
N64 emulation is in a weird state cause it's still not amazing compared to other consoles. For a while it was just that nobody cared enough and the only emulator being worked on was closed source.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yes but just because only one of the 14,000,605 possible scenarios seen so far ended with people reporting a post and mods getting rid of it before a cluster**** broke out doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
What was that?

I can’t hear you over the hypothetical outrage and memeing I’m imagining.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
All I will say is this. Outside of mathematics, the only result of two negatives is a bigger negative.

If a student gets heated, and then I yell at them to stop getting heated, they’re going to get more heated.

If I tell an angry person that they’re a bad person for their beliefs, they are only going to get more angry and buried in those beliefs.

Always seek to understand, then to be understood. To my knowledge a lot of people who think terrible things believe those because they often aren’t listened to. Not listening to them, and only speaking at them because you want to be right is completely counterproductive.

If that is what you seek to do, then you weren’t really trying to change their mind in the first place. You just want to be right.

“Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that”.- from a very noble, brave man.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I can see why hosting Gmod is impossible, game crashes frequently.

Maybe I’ll host a Minecraft (Bedrock) game instead...

D

Deleted member

Demi-Fiend is Ceaser, the Persona fans are the group who stabbed Caesar to death twenty three times, and Joker is Augusts.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And an Xbone. They even packaged in about 27 other, more preferable games too :secretkpop:
In what world is Perfect Dark Zero preferable to Banjo & Kazooie.

That game hurts me physically.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All I will say is this. Outside of mathematics, the only result of two negatives is a bigger negative.

If a student gets heated, and then I yell at them to stop getting heated, they’re going to get more heated.

If I tell an angry person that they’re a bad person for their beliefs, they are only going to get more angry and buried in those beliefs.

Always seek to understand, then to be understood. To my knowledge a lot of people who think terrible things believe those because they often aren’t listened to. Not listening to them, and only speaking at them because you want to be right is completely counterproductive.

If that is what you seek to do, then you weren’t really trying to change their mind in the first place. You just want to be right.

“Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that”.- from a very noble, brave man.
Sometimes man I feel like I’m watching a local evangelical on the local low budget station at 3 am

This is not a bad thing

D

Deleted member

Dude, you just summed up Sister Location in three words.
Well no.

You actually eat Baby. Remember, you're the one who gets scooped and they go inside of your body.

D

Deleted member

Y’all want a hot take?

****ting on people with bad opinions isn’t right. It only makes them retreat into communities where thoughts like that are acceptable, this furthering their negative beliefs.

Instead you should try to build empathy and explain to them why they’re wrong. Even if they’re too far along you should try, and if it doesn’t work, just walk away instead of going off on them. If they’re calling for or instigating violence that’s one thing, but if they just have the beliefs you should either try to get across to them or just let them be.

Again, watching the Pewdiepipeline video is great for understanding how people get set into these beliefs and how we can get them to become more accepting of others.

We won’t get anywhere screaming at each other.
"Opinions" are whether a film is good or not and whether pineapple on pizza is good or the first sin of humanity. "Opinions" are NOT comparing jews to nazis, belittling others and calling them disgusting or harassing other users. You don't argue with people like that because it's not a question of debating, because you only debate things that are actually valid opinions.
You talk about building empathy but you should consider building empathy for the victims instead of those who are actually to blame because I most certainly don't care about explaining anything to someone who tried to deny me of my identity, betrayed my trust for them and then harassed me.

I am NOT wasting my own energy and time to "fix" the person who hurt ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom