• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man.

I kept joining this asshole's arena that kept kicking me out before even attempting a match with me. He'd play matches with others who entered, but kept kicking me.
The moment I switched off Joker, THEN he let me play a round.

And when I switched back, he kicked me.

That bias just... MMMMM reeks the air, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That would be amazing! Would Tabuu's attacks be as powerful as the ones in Brawl though?
Nah they can definitely tone him down a bit for being a dlc character

Considering he’s an OC they can probably do anything for him anyway

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gmod going live once again! Sandbox craziness, on a Ed Edd n Eddy map.

Send a private message to my inbox if you wish to join.

D

Deleted member

People are always talking about this, but I've literally never seen a geniune Nazi or bigot here. Maybe I'm just missing all the action when I'm asleep or at school.
Just be thankful then
>Nazis and bigots
>In the social thread

Where the ****?

People like that get promptly ganged up on by everyone here. There’s a very low chance someone like that is in the group of posters that make up the “community” here.
I mean yeah, ya'll say that and do actually do it but then the current subject gets dropped and ya'll go back to interacting with them as normal.
It doesn't happen anymore because they're all gone nowadays but I clearly remember this happening more than once.
Give me one example of a user fitting either of those descriptions.
I'd do it but I'd likely just get infracted for doing it.
I just realized I've been awake for about 35 hours. Huh
Stay awake for more 13 hours you dummy

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well one time there was a guy who's avatar was literally an irl neonazi and mods didn't seem to do anything about it until he changed it again a month later, someone spewed neonazi **** here back during the shooting at Christchurch and there's a terf who kept harassing trans people here.
And those people were collectively **** on by the entire thread until they left.

Brelooming was talking about the community here, as in the frequent posters who make it up, and Shiny mentioned “nazis and bigots” with it being implicit that he was referring to these people in the community here, of which there are none.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
IMAGES ARE BACK?!?

GREAT, I CAN FINALLY POST THIS.

Cute pyra animation 2.gif

Pyra Pyra TIME BABY!!

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I mean yeah, ya'll say that and do actually do it but then the current subject gets dropped and ya'll go back to interacting with them as normal.
It doesn't happen anymore because they're all gone nowadays but I clearly remember this happening more than once.
Y’all want a hot take?

****ting on people with bad opinions isn’t right. It only makes them retreat into communities where thoughts like that are acceptable, this furthering their negative beliefs.

Instead you should try to build empathy and explain to them why they’re wrong. Even if they’re too far along you should try, and if it doesn’t work, just walk away instead of going off on them. If they’re calling for or instigating violence that’s one thing, but if they just have the beliefs you should either try to get across to them or just let them be.

Again, watching the Pewdiepipeline video is great for understanding how people get set into these beliefs and how we can get them to become more accepting of others.

We won’t get anywhere screaming at each other.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Images are back rejoice

Tabuu is like the only instance where i'd take a Smash original fighter
master_hand_flipping_the_bird.png

How could you forget best boy

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
>Nazis and bigots
>In the social thread

Where the ****?

People like that get promptly ganged up on by everyone here. There’s a very low chance someone like that is in the group of posters that make up the “community” here.
First, back when this was a Smash speculation thread and not just a social, we had a much wider range of users and people more frequently coming and going. There were trolls who came in here with seemingly the explicit desire to disrupt and aggravate before they were handled.

Secondly, it's really better if the community doesn't take it upon itself to "gang up" and repeatedly quote the offending poster just to get two cents in. Just report it and mods will handle it. It's easier to clean up the mess that way.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Your sprite work is really nice, by the way. I like it a lot.
Awww, thanks! ^^

Ngl, it's a bit crazy to think that I am able to do stuff like this now. Sure, it isn't like the biggest sprite in the world or anything, but trust me when I say old me would have his eyes wide-open seeing what I can do those days.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
This isn’t directed at any particular person in this thread or even something recently but have you ever accidentally liked a post you didn’t mean to, and then you have to debate with yourself if you should unlike it?

Like if I unlike it, I worry that I’m going to disappoint them because they’ll get a notification “King sonn dededoo liked your post” and then when they look at their post it will all be a lie. Makes it feel like I’m playing with people’ Validation.

I know that at the End of the day, likes don’t matter, but still that’s the stream of consciousness that goes through my head.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So, not that this is based on the current subject (as I haven’t really done enough reading) but another piece of life advice I want to spread is to always look for something positive on a daily basis.

If you didn’t know this already, the amount of information we take in now on a daily basis is tremendous compared to just a decade ago. He see a ton of different things, and these things come from many, many different people who are of many, many backgrounds.

Seemingly, or at least from what I see on news sites, social media, and elsewhere, there’s a lot, a lot of negative stuff. Now, negative things are inevitable. Bad things happen, often to good people. There is always time to take a stand on something that’s bad, especially when the end goal is to make the world a better place.

However, take some time to either do something positive, or learn about something in a healthy way. Too much negativity is bad for anybody, and ultimately doesn’t solve any of the worlds problems. I know if I browse certain places on the internet (Twitter, v on 4chan) there can be excesses of negativity, and it can start to eat away at you mentally and emotionally.

Always try to find enjoyment or positivity out of something, someone, or someplace, even if that results in you playing a game in your comfort zone. Be sure to balance the negative with positives.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
First, back when this was a Smash speculation thread and not just a social, we had a much wider range of users and people more frequently coming and going. There were trolls who came in here with seemingly the explicit desire to disrupt and aggravate before they were handled.

Secondly, it's really better if the community doesn't take it upon itself to "gang up" and repeatedly quote the offending poster just to get two cents in. Just report it and mods will handle it. It's easier to clean up the mess that way.
Of course, but you know how these things actually play out.

Person says something wrong, gets ganged up on for a page or two, someone calls for the mods but no one listens, the outrage becomes larger than the initial point, people meme on the outrage, the mods slap us all on the wrist, and then we move on.

It’s as consistent as the water cycle as far as I know.

Also, again, I’m arguing for the context of Brelooming’s post, which mentioned “the community” and not the former Smash speculation thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom