• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Awww, no, thank YOU for being awesome. ;)

I try my best! If I'm not too lazy for that.

NO
View attachment 214980
Mom say it's my turn with Ren and the Xbox.

Bro, I'm not that talented lol, like, yeah, my sprites are alright, but not fantastic, don't say that on yourself. :V

Like, I'm busy right now, but feel free to open a PM so we can talk about your chimera girls and even my OC if you're interested, we see there what happen.

Also, hey, nice someone referenced Max about it!
Ahh, sorry... It was meant to be something we could relate to since we're both plagued by the feeling, y'know? ^^;

Speaking of sprite stuff, I've dabbled with minor things before, including something I helped a friend do...
$JUAN fix 1 effect.png
$JUAN fix 2 effect.png
$JUAN fix 3 effect.png

A lot of it involves recoloring and reusing assets though. If you want sprites that I made from scratch however, look no further than this incomplete weapon sheet:
Staromancer Weapons RPG.png

I tried forming a grid based on weapon class and how they'd work, all based on the RPG Maker weapon scripts. If I recall right, the empty half of the right side was reserved for enemy types. My OC's weapon is the one on the top left corner, though given the nature of the RPG that my friend has done, the vast majority of these are unrelated to my story and are more cameo/easter egg stuff than anything. Some of these are OC-based though, like the sword in Column 1, Row 8. It belongs to a character of mine named Lorelei, and the weapon's name is Götterdämmerung.

I was going to make sprite sheets for different characters with more unique movements for the weapon class they're under. Mine is based on the sword-fighter class, which had a generic base at first, so I told my friend I'd modify myself accordingly. One day, I'll do the same for my other pals, several of who have playable roles too.

D

Deleted member

Don't have enough time to eat pasta and drink powerade?

Well, there's a solution! Mix em'!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't know what I walked in on, but I get the feeling if I clicked to the previous page I would be very, very angry at some people.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the true gamer has no time for pesky obstacles

1556826610070.png

when he is hungry, he must feast

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did you watch the video or just read the thumbnail?
Seriously though, that’s how I always try and look at it. If a game makes you or someone happy, God bless. You like what you like and I’m going to like what I like. No one has the right to judge what is palatable for someone else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if Capcom did a Racing game like Sonic & SEGA All-Stars?

Also, if you had to make a kart racer out of Smash Ultimate? Who do you cut from the roster?

I do have this idea for Echo Karts. Where it changes a Racer and their animations, plus the coloration of the kart, but their stats are the same (for characters like Daisy, Ken, Alph, etc). But that doesn’t prune very much. Who do you keep and who do you drop. And even more, who do you add?

Operating under the assumption that the rigged models could be resused from Smash. The way CTR is reusing models from the N. Sane Trilogy.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hot take.
buff kasumi sine.gif

This is what true peak perfection look like.

Ahh, sorry... It was meant to be something we could relate to since we're both plagued by the feeling, y'know? ^^;

Speaking of sprite stuff, I've dabbled with minor things before, including something I helped a friend do...
View attachment 214982View attachment 214983View attachment 214984
A lot of it involves recoloring and reusing assets though. If you want sprites that I made from scratch however, look no further than this incomplete weapon sheet:
View attachment 214985
I tried forming a grid based on weapon class and how they'd work, all based on the RPG Maker weapon scripts. If I recall right, the empty half of the right side was reserved for enemy types. My OC's weapon is the one on the top left corner, though given the nature of the RPG that my friend has done, the vast majority of these are unrelated to my story and are more cameo/easter egg stuff than anything. Some of these are OC-based though, like the sword in Column 1, Row 8. It belongs to a character of mine named Lorelei, and the weapon's name is Götterdämmerung.

I was going to make sprite sheets for different characters with more unique movements for the weapon class they're under. Mine is based on the sword-fighter class, which had a generic base at first, so I told my friend I'd modify myself accordingly. One day, I'll do the same for my other pals, several of who have playable roles too.
Yoooo, those sprites look good! Especially the weapons one.

Can't give a long answer since it's late and I'm tired, but if I can say one thing, is that, if you have the money, aseprite is a great program for sprites making. I say that because it's what I use to make my sprites now those days, and in fact, I made this thanks to this program.

So if you're interested in sprite making, atleast try out the free test version and see if you can do some small, but cool stuff. ;)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm goin' to a con soon and Kenny James is going to be there.
1556826779436.png

Bret Iwan and Tara Strong are gonna be there as well, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom