• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This could lead to some interesting conversation.
Golden Sun > Pikmin

F-Zero > Star Fox

though I love all of those franchises.

D

Deleted member

So, in this case it it’s black and white a character would either be a sex object, or not a sex object, right?

I... really don’t follow how that translates to Yaomomo. I’d get it if her entire personality is **** and being perversion object, and I’m not saying she isn’t one, but isn’t there a whole lot to her character besides that? Like... unless I missed something it’s a pretty minor part of her character to begin with.

Eh, but maybe I’m just kinda stupid at this kinda thing. I honestly really don’t mean any harm by this

nah. I’m serious. People can have conversations and stay calm lol... or maybe it’s just me?
What I mean with "black and white" is that if a character is being objectified, then that's bad. It's not something that can be "good" or "positive" as anything else from that character will always be in spite of that and never because of it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Kid Icarus lives by killing off both Animal Crossing and Pikmin...Pit is worth it
C467005C-2EA9-4B37-8E3B-9A988DA72C31.png

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

This is tricky because I really don't care about most of the franchises that are dead. But I also don't care about Star Fox.

I'd say switch Star Fox for Kid Icarus or F-Zero. Those two games are unlike most other Nintendo series. After that, I can't replace the others. They mean way more to me than the dead series.

D

Deleted member

Be a real one and watch every movie...no hesitations
I already skipped Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk but I guess I can go back and watch them, I'm on Avengers 1 right now so it's not too much of a hassle I'm just sort of worried I won't finish them all by Saturday.

I guess I'll watch them all though whatever it takes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why’d he add Shin Megami Tensei to the name? Was it specifically to **** with you?
Yes, but also because its official localized name is "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3" as with every Megaten game localized between 2003 and 2008, on account of Atlus USA being ****ing idiots at the time.

Ugh, just mudo me fam.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What I mean with "black and white" is that if a character is being objectified, then that's bad. It's not something that can be "good" or "positive" as anything else from that character will always be in spite of that and never because of it.
Sweet! Thanks, I get it now. Well said, friend!

I think there’s a whole lot of thought that should go into character development to make a stellar character, and I think you have a really good point now that I understand what you were trying to say.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Objectifying a human being, or any living being for that matter, is bad. It’s been something that has gone on for too long, and while certainly men have been objectified, it’s an issue that has largely affected women across races, ethnicities, and what have you.

However, I don’t know if having a character have suggestive physical anatomy is the be all end all “objectification”. Like, if we decide that women with huge boobies are simply fanservice, which could mean objectification and bad, what about the women who actually have large breasts in the real world? If we consider things as “objectification”, what implications does that leave for the real world? Such an interesting conversation. I wonder what the connection between “objectification” and cultural norms is. Mainly because what’s considered sexual in one culture isn’t the same as all others.

Seems like it’s mostly about context. But make no mistake, making any particular person or character basically an object is bad and is not acceptable. It should treated as such.

***I’d also just like to mention that fighting games traditionally have characters with big hands and feet because those are typically the points of contact. The bigger the hands and feet, the bigger the hit boxes, which makes the contact more easy to see.***

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you had a spring break recently, then you could’ve don’t it during then,,.but if you didn’t then then pull a triply duty by not sleeping, not working, and watching the MCU movies

D

Deleted member

I'd kick Star Fox to the curb for another Custom Robo.

Otherwise, heck naw I ain't killing AC, Mario, Kirby, Zelda, or Pikmin. None of those other franchises are worth that, lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I wouldn't get rid of Metroid either. Star Fox is pretty much the only thing I'd let go of.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have to say, I worry about my health too much nowadays to the point of stress. Still and forever paranoid.

Well...

The site is looking for writers, so I thought to myself, "eh, **** it!!! Wouldn't hurt to try." :yoshi:
They are? Consider me stuck where I am anyway, but those articles do need more attention sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Hey @GoldenYuiitusin are you ever up for Smash? I remember when we could not play, because it was too late. Now it is Spring Break.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But are they also looking for "lefters?"
I'll show myself out.
If they care about diversity and inclusion, they would :yoshi:
Let me accompany you on your showing yourself out

I have to say, I worry about my health too much nowadays to the point of stress. Still and forever paranoid.

They are? Consider me stuck where I am anyway, but those articles do need more attention sometimes.
I hope you have your health sorted out :yoshi:

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Objectifying a human being, or any living being for that matter, is bad. It’s been something that has gone on for too long, and while certainly men have been objectified, it’s an issue that has largely affected women across races, ethnicities, and what have you.

However, I don’t know if having a character have suggestive physical anatomy is the be all end all “objectification”. Like, if we decide that women with huge boobies are simply fanservice, which could mean objectification and bad, what about the women who actually have large breasts in the real world? If we consider things as “objectification”, what implications does that leave for the real world? Such an interesting conversation. I wonder what the connection between “objectification” and cultural norms is. Mainly because what’s considered sexual in one culture isn’t the same as all others.

Seems like it’s mostly about context. But make no mistake, making any particular person or character basically an object is bad and is not acceptable. It should treated as such.

***I’d also just like to mention that fighting games traditionally have characters with big hands and feet because those are typically the points of contact. The bigger the hands and feet, the bigger the hit boxes, which makes the contact more easy to see.***
Bro I know we align on most things but you gotta stop presenting my ideas in a less lazy way, I need to beat Gwen in likes and this isn’t helping

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well...

The site is looking for writers, so I thought to myself, "eh, **** it!!! Wouldn't hurt to try." :yoshi:
I just want to try it out for the fancy yellow banner.
But in the end my english isn't competent enough yet imo

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Threw my hat in the ring for the Writing Team this time around. I applied in between the last period and this one and never received a response, so hopefully I get one this time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just want to try it out for the fancy yellow banner.
But in the end my english isn't competent enough yet imo
Anything’s better than me.
They keep me around cause they like me but I haven’t contributed in forever, and I really want to but recently the most writing I can muster is on this thread due to how hard I’ve had it recently.

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa I love you and I’m sorry

D

Deleted member

Threw my hat in the ring for the Writing Team this time around. I applied in between the last period and this one and never received a response, so hopefully I get one this time.
If you of all people won't get accepted, I don't think anybody here will

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Also, folks, i’ll be down to play Smash after I get home from vacation. Or, maybe after I beat Yoshi. Or, after Yoshi and the Overwatch event.

Man I love Overwatch. I haven’t played it nearly as much as I used to. Mainly because of my backlog.

Anyone else just have a gaming backlog they can’t seem to escape? I just feel like I can’t justify playing a game that has no end to it when I have games that need playing. It’s the worst, but also the best because I get to play a good amount of great games.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Some weird ass phenomena have been happening to my family as of late. This is some wild ****.

So, last week I was hanging out with my sister at our house and my niece was playing in the next room over as she often does. All of a sudden my niece, she's 4, comes running into the living room crying and basically hyperventilating. When we finally are able to get a word out of her and ask why she's crying she just says, "I just saw a man with a really mean face." Thing is there's no TV in there so there's no way she saw it on TV and when we asked where she saw them she pointed right in the center of the room against the wall.

Then, while I was dog sitting for my mom at her house, me and the dog were sitting there watching TV. This is the same night Joker released so I was also playing my Switch a bit after downloading the update. All of a sudden while we're sitting there the light flips on in my brothers room. His room sits right behind the TV in the hallway so I can see his room from where I was sitting on the couch. Well, I thought, ah maybe I'm just seeing things. But when it happens my moms dog jumps up, looks at me, looks at the room, looks at me again, then back at the room, and then she barks at it and starts growling at it. So I go in there, check the closet, check the rest of the room, nothing there, so then I obviously close the doors and go back along my night.

Then, tonight, me and my dad are checking on the pool. Making sure it's clean and up and running and stuff, them we see lights through the fence, we got the doors blocked on the fence so that the dogs can't paw it open and get in. So we walk inside and out the side door where the drive way pulls into and... there's no one there. So we walk around the front of the house with the dogs just to check and make sure the front porch hasn't been messed up by the dogs. While we were around there we hear a knock on the door we just came out of, just around the corner of the house. The dogs take off ahead of us and we're right behind them. Well, they come walking back to us and we look and well, there's no one there.

I think I got a ghost...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also, folks, i’ll be down to play Smash after I get home from vacation. Or, maybe after I beat Yoshi. Or, after Yoshi and the Overwatch event.

Man I love Overwatch. I haven’t played it nearly as much as I used to. Mainly because of my backlog.

Anyone else just have a gaming backlog they can’t seem to escape? I just feel like I can’t justify playing a game that has no end to it when I have games that need playing. It’s the worst, but also the best because I get to play a good amount of great games.
I've still got to finish World of Light, and after that the World of Light Hard Mode Nuzlocke.

And my Generationlocke (of which 4.5 games are left). And maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 Critical Mode. And Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.

And don't get me started on my 3DS Backlog. I actually found it, so now I can finally play Dragon Quest 8 among other games.

Still might get a New 2DS XL though since the Pokéball Design looks sick.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I'm the opposite, I end up hooked on rogue likes and online games so much that I never get to playing any of the more story driven single player games

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

That's Hollow Knight for me. I got it back in December I think and played a decent amount of it, but then I ended up starting a number of other games which I completed. I still haven't gone back and finished Hollow Knight though despite me enjoying what I played so far, but I just keep getting other games to play instead...

D

Deleted member

Some weird *** phenomena have been happening to my family as of late. This is some wild ****.

So, last week I was hanging out with my sister at our house and my niece was playing in the next room over as she often does. All of a sudden my niece, she's 4, comes running into the living room crying and basically hyperventilating. When we finally are able to get a word out of her and ask why she's crying she just says, "I just saw a man with a really mean face." Thing is there's no TV in there so there's no way she saw it on TV and when we asked where she saw them she pointed right in the center of the room against the wall.

Then, while I was dog sitting for my mom at her house, me and the dog were sitting there watching TV. This is the same night Joker released so I was also playing my Switch a bit after downloading the update. All of a sudden while we're sitting there the light flips on in my brothers room. His room sits right behind the TV in the hallway so I can see his room from where I was sitting on the couch. Well, I thought, ah maybe I'm just seeing things. But when it happens my moms dog jumps up, looks at me, looks at the room, looks at me again, then back at the room, and then she barks at it and starts growling at it. So I go in there, check the closet, check the rest of the room, nothing ther, so then I obviously close the door and go back along my night.

Then, tonight, me and my dad are checking on the pool. Making sure it's clean and up and running and stuff, them we see lights through the fence, we got the doors blocked on the fence so that the dogs can't paw it open and get in. So we walk outside and out the side door where the drive way pull into and... there's no one there. So we walk around the front of the house with the dogs just to check and make sure the front porch hasn't been messed up by the dogs. While we were around there we hear a knock on the door we just came out of, just around the corner of the house. The dogs take off ahead of us and we're right behind them. Well, they come walking back to us and we look and well, there's no one there.

I think I got a ghost...
pff y'all haunted asf

best get an exorcist

or me

i can help

i can chase away the ghosts using the same trick i use to inadvertently chase away everybody i know

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom