• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No. My teachers would put on videos like Crash Course and VSauce. Actual quality YouTube content.
Now I like Crash Course, but I remember some kids just falling asleep during those videos, including yours truly. Other times, though, we would get some really cringe worthy parody songs not made by Weird Al or some low budget animated educational show.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now I like Crash Course, but I remember some kids just falling asleep during those videos, including yours truly. Other times, though, we would get some really cringe worthy parody songs not made by Weird Al or some low budget animated educational show.
Any song not made by weird al shouldnt exsist

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
How do I respond to this without just saying **** you? I don’t think I know how.... how about this.

1. Banjo might not have a specific legacy. But Rareware does. Especially with Nintendo. They were Nintendo’s biggest supporter during the SNES and N64, and they didn’t jump ship to Sony. The folks at Rare flat out expected Nintendo to buy them, they were that close. (We still don’t know why Nintendo never offered. Would love to ask someone someday). Heck, they trusted Rare with reinventing Donkey Kong! They are an important part of Nintendo’s history. And Banjo is there mascot character. The DKC crew have been separated and co-opted by Nintendo. They don’t represent Rare anymore.
2. That’s true. Geno was a Mii Fighter costume. Likely because Square’s content is so expensive and they have no reason to push Geno. But even if Banjo hasn’t had a new game in a while, they still use him in ALL their marketing. Banjo still shows up in ads, they put the duo in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (two years AFTER Nuts & Bolts flopped). And Phill Spencer, the head of XBox, outright said he wants Banjo in Smash. That is most likely one of the characters they’ed bring to the negotiation table if talking to Nintendo at all. And if he did well in the ballot, then he was probably on Sakurai’s mind too.
3. We haven’t gotten a western character YET. There’s no rule that says we can’t. Arlo made a video about this, and I highly recommend it. Because at the end of the day, most of our “rules” were made up by us. They have very little concrete statements from the dev team to back them up. We don’t know why a western character made the roster, true. But they do talk to western studios. There’s content from Ubisoft, Wayforward, AND Yacht Club Games already in Smash. Communication between international devs is easier than ever, and translators have existed in the corporate higherarchy for decades.

Basically what I’m saying is. Banjo could happen if they wanted it. And we have every reason to believe that they want it.
I mean, i’m not sure what the “**** you” is for. I like Banjo too.

I don’t think western characters aren’t going to happen because of some rule. It’s an idea based on an observation, and there mere concept that being able to drive to Capcom HQ is far easier for either party to spend time flying around the globe.

My bigger point is that comparatively, Banjo is outshined in relevance, audience, and presence by several other 3rd party IP. He’s not impossible, but I sincerely think it’s a long shot.

I’d be very happy if it did happen. I just don’t think it will.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Can someone please help me, I downloaded the update yet I don’t have Joker and Plant.

I can’t reinstall them on the Eshop either because it already said I purchased them.

D

Deleted member

My god that is lame. None of my teachers were like that.

I kind of want a western dev to make a Persona side story set over in the states now.
Pffft, what fun is there in being realistic? I love Persona 4's weird teachers.

Also, inputting more overly grim and serious western storytelling techniques into Persona wouldn't make it Persona anymore. It's supposed to have goofy anime elements mixed in with the darker stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

A3B98075-0A33-4166-8171-FBAA20EEA3C8.jpeg

“I’ve come to make an announcement! Im more likely than Minecraft sbeve”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, i’m not sure what the “**** you” is for. I like Banjo too.

I don’t think western characters aren’t going to happen because of some rule. It’s an idea based on an observation, and there mere concept that being able to drive to Capcom HQ is far easier for either party to spend time flying around the globe.

My bigger point is that comparatively, Banjo is outshined in relevance, audience, and presence by several other 3rd party IP. He’s not impossible, but I sincerely think it’s a long shot.

I’d be very happy if it did happen. I just don’t think it will.
And my point is your over exaggerating.

Sorry about the **** you. It’s hard to keep my emotions out of it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One or two teachers did that. But then we complained and they stopped
Pffft, what fun is there in being realistic? I love Persona 4's weird teachers.

Also, inputting more overly grim and serious western storytelling techniques into Persona wouldn't make it Persona anymore. It's supposed to have goofy anime elements mixed in with the darker stuff.
I’m not saying taking out goofed anime stuff. I’m just saying set one over here and let it be influenced by our culture. Could give them the freedom to tackle things they otherwise wouldn’t.

It’s not like I’m asking for this to be Persona 6 or nothing. Just... a side story. Maybe even made by a different dev team that Atlus trusts.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

My life if everyone in my life were Fire Emblem characters.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 209949
“I’ve come to make an announcement! Im more likely than Minecraft sbeve”
"I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT! STEVE FROM MINECRAFT IS A ***** ASS ************ WHO ****ED ON MY ****ING WIFE! THAT'S RIGHT! HE TOOK HIS DEFAULT ****ING BLOCKY **** OUT AND HE ****ED ALL ON MY ****ING WIFE, AND HE SAID HIS **** WAS 'T H I S B I G,' AND I SAID THAT'S DISGUSTING!"
Source

One or two teachers did that. But then we complained and they stopped
Ha! No one in our class complained. We just stayed silent and went to our own devices.

D

Deleted member

I just used the 25€ gift card for the eshop I bought today to pick Cuphead and Joker with the help of the MyNintendo Golden Points I had.

Also, did you see my first custom stage from Stage Builder staindgrey staindgrey ? It is in my past post.

D

Deleted member

Are people really that afraid of bugs in general? Just curious.
Some are, yeah. I got pretty crippling arachnophobia, and centipedes terrify me. I'm okay with some bugs, though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
so uh

I guess no datamine yet? :v
We’ve been discussing a potential datamine in the Banjo thread.

Although it comes from 4chan and is most likely fake, I’ll still post some things on a spoiler

New Spirits including Peachette and Nintendo Labo

Also Joker was indeed Jack and the stats are different from the initial mine. So now stats can’t be used to determine Brave anymore.

D

Deleted member

Dude. Growing up, my mom would shriek throughout the house if she saw a cockroach. She would call down my brother and I to come kill it if we were home. It's so bad to the point where just talking about cockroaches makes her disgusted.

And then in high school junior year, there was a big cockroach during our English classroom. Everyone wouldn't stop shouting, joking, or being scared so I just walked up and killed it.

Spiders and cockroaches just scare people for some reason. Probably because they're relatively bigger bugs.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
IT WORKED! I FINALLY GOT JOKER AND PLANT BACK!

Now this is important, y’all need to listen and please spread the word to everyone that still has this issue.

I found the solution to the Joker and Plant problem.

-Go to the Eshop.

-Select your icon from the upper right.

-In Account Information, go down and select “Redownload”.

-Select Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

When I opened up the game, I finally got Joker + stage & music and received Plant back (he doesn’t get the splash screen anymore so keep that in mind!)

For those who have a Twitter, please please please spread this everywhere for I can’t stress this enough.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Managed to update my Switch to 8.0.0 and Smash but I didn't have enough time to draw a single filthy idea on Stage Builder.

Im sad, big sad :V

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I mean

We all keep buying their products so they must not be that garbage, lol.
people buy EA games. that doesn't mean anything.

I understand that Nintendo are the only devs with any heart anymore, but that doesn't excuse their CONSTANT ignorance and lack of knowledge when it comes to literally everything else. There is no excuse for what happened last night as well as all the other times it happened. They knew exactly how busy the servers were gonna be and all of that still happened. It's frustrating to see a company you like so much fail in so many other aspects

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My sister will freak out at the mention of a bug without even seeing it yet and leave the room.

My mom does the get-her-feet-off-the-floor-and-beg-the-nearest-male-to-kill-it thing.

My brother isn't quite as "KILL IT NOW" but is nonetheless irrationally grossed out/afraid.

All of our female friends I can think of are the same.

I'm just the bug killer dad of the people I know.

D

Deleted member

We talking about roaches now?
Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort.
*Doesn't understand reference but goes along with it anyway.*

If you say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom