• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It was the most romantic proposal ever.

They were just playing Xenoblade with their girlfriend, and then just decided to give her a ring.
Hey, the way my family goes I don't think I'm allowed to propose unless I'm at risk of dying. I'd take the hand-her-a-ring-on-the-couch Netflix & Chill method over that.
Well like I told Hinata earlier, there are a little more details that I left out. I was in the middle of trying to find various things and I can’t exactly remember what we were talking about but it was something along the lines of “I’m a helpful girlfriend” and I said “you’re a helpful fiancé” lol
Something to that effect

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alrighty losers, I wanted to do this for a while now, and I spent way longer on it than I should've, so y'all better enjoy it

Here is the Ultimate Social alignment chart
View attachment 208043
Shoutout to @faygoshill for being a big help with this, as it was much tougher than I thought it was gonna be. Thanks a bunch
Huh.

Yeah I can totally see myself as lawful neutral, actually.

And it's fitting that @faygoshill is the polar opposite of me.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know they did, but I thought they were gone by the 2000's.
See, the actual circumstances behind it are funny.

They're not gone, but during every pre-movie you have to sit through at least one commercial about their terrible, terrible decline and how we must strive to keep what remaining few drive-ins alive complete with exact number counts of how many there once were and are now and black and white footage reels of bygone olde days just to hammer in the message.

There's something oddly hilarious about it because it really, really comes off like treating an inanimate business structure like a population of polar bears.

Like don't get me wrong I want them to stay too (both drive-ins and polar bears), but *wheeze*

The funniest part is that indoor malls are probably going to get this treatment in a couple decades too, where they aren't exactly unheard of but the ones that are left have this weird navel gazing appeal to better times angle to get people to help support them.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Huh. Nice opinion you have there.

The fact that you can make these jokes and have them be, even on the smallest of levels, an actual threat scares me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Huh. Nice opinion you have there.

Think about it, it'a simple math. 1 feather vs like 12 of them. That's like 1100% better.
The fact that you can make these jokes and have them be, even on the smallest of levels, an actual threat scares me.
"Is that a threat?"

"It's a warning."

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why are you guys discussing whether Sneasel or Weavile is better when neither of them is good?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Funny thing is they're not.

Even if I wanted to, the site has a multitude of checks and balances, both integrated into how infractions/banning works on the back end and the implemented staff hierarchy that an outright abuse of power on my part is basically impossible.

I'm less a boss of the forum and more a custodian cleaning up **** so admins don't have to check threads. I'm gonna see how long I can go without handing out an infraction to anyone. Please don't test this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Congrats Pyra.

Hope you two are happy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, this reminds me of one of the most flabberghasting things I've ever heard awhile ago.

So like, Youtube keeps recommending me all these Nintendo Youtubers(It's how I originally found Scott for example), and it recommended me some vid by a ProtoMario titled something like "Nintendo Referenced Me in Color Splash!?!" or something.

And the "reference" was a Toad saying "But Mario!" because apparently it's similar to his catchphrase....?

Bruh, you didn't invent "But *insert name here*", how stuck up you gotta be to believe that?
ProtoMario is super arrogant.
WAIT. HOLD THE PHONE.

I got so caught up in RE talk that I missed the thread title! Pyra Pyra you proposed??!!?!?!

CONGRATS

When're we having a party.
Oh, yeah. Congratulations, Pyra Pyra .

Shouldn't have put that off.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why are you guys discussing whether Sneasel or Weavile is better when neither of them is good?
I know I've only been a mod for like 48 hours so you outrank me, but I'm a paying customer so I'm gonna speak to your manager about this.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Of course. After all, we all know who the real best Pokemon are.

250px-282Gardevoir.png

250px-200Misdreavus.png

Funny thing is they're not.

Even if I wanted to, the site has a multitude of checks and balances, both integrated into how infractions/banning works on the back end and the implemented staff hierarchy that an outright abuse of power on my part is basically impossible.

I'm less a boss of the thread and more a custodian cleaning up **** so admins don't have to check threads. I'm gonna see how long I can go without handing out an infraction to anyone. Please don't test this.
I'll get an infraction with a single post. You ready?

Jill's overrated. It says a lot that the only reason she was relevant in RE5 was because someone smarter and more calculating was in complete and total control of her.

Jy3KOuy.gif

it goes without saying this is a joke and does not actually represent any view held by me

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Think about it, it'a simple math. 1 feather vs like 12 of them. That's like 1100% better.
All the feathers ruin the asymmetry that make Sneasel's design so cool!

They don't even look like feathers! They look like something featured on a hair gel commercial!

The neck...thing adds nothing to the design and steals from its simplicty!

I feel very strongly about this.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
*acknowledges Misdreavus is the best Pokemon*

You alone raise the level of culture of this thread.
Hey, man. Someone around here has to have taste. Guess that's you and me.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll get an infraction with a single post. You ready?

Jill's overrated. It says a lot that the only reason she was relevant in RE5 was because someone smarter and more calculating was in complete and total control of her.

View attachment 208176

it goes without saying this is a joke and does not actually represent any view held by me
Heh.

You'll have to hit me a lot harder than that.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Heh.

You'll have to hit me a lot harder than that.
I'm sorry, I can't focus on anything your post just said. I'm too enamored by Wesker kicking Chris in the **** so hard he goes flying 20 feet away.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Grey, I need to make sure of something, your taste is on the line here:

Do you find triceratops cool?
I mean, uh. I guess it's okay.

I'm more of a velociraptor guy.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
All the feathers ruin the asymmetry that make Sneasel's design so cool!

They don't even look like feathers! They look like something featured on a hair gel commercial!

The neck...thing adds nothing to the design and steals from its simplicty!

I feel very strongly about this.
Weavile's got a Marge Simpson kind of thing going on with its design, which is why I don't like much of the evolutions in Sinnoh. I can count maybe 5 in one hand that I think are really cool, and two of them don't even count since they're alternatives rather than progressions. Scratch that, make it 3 alternatives.

Something about it tells me they were trying to go for something Egyptian/Aztec/What-have-you for having something regal and indigenous about it, but I feel like they could have executed it far better. It's not a terrible design per se, but it's not as good as Sneasel.

Speaking of Pokemon, I kinda want a Galar form of Spritzee that plays into the Plague Doctor look. Maybe Fairy/Dark? I can't help but think about how utterly disappointed I was at that thing's evolution. It looked promising, arrgg...

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm sorry, I can't focus on anything your post just said. I'm too enamored by Wesker kicking Chris in the **** so hard he goes flying 20 feet away.
My brother and I actually joked that that scene is why Chris and Jill never hooked up. Chris doesn't have the ability anymore.

Code Veronica in general is not Chris's best moment. He gets destroyed by Wesker. Twice. He makes this whole speech about how he's going to avenge his fallen comrades and then gets beat up like a nerd on the playground for awhile before a conveniently timed explosion separates him from his imminent death.

He does get shown climbing a step cliff from the ocean using his bare hands and no climbing equipment though. That was kinda bad*** I guess.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just had a realisation about the CTR Remake.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled is going to have all the tracks from Crash Nitro Kart included in the package.

But... this means there's going to be an additional 13 tracks.

Which would, of course, mean that unless they're going to expand the original game's hub worlds significantly (which I kind of doubt, tbh), they're going to instead include about 3 new Hub Worlds.

Which would require 3 more bosses. They've already said that Crunch is going to be in the game, so...

Get Hype Time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom