• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna be straight with y'all.

At this point, y'all know I leaked **** to peeps like Pizzaman and Papagenos, there's a reason people were so damn staunch in believing that Vergeben leaks/Box theory even while the Grinch Leak happened, and that's due mostly to the people who the top of the top were in contact with had good reason to be believed in what they had to say.

The Ken leak and Piranha Redditor were both disgruntled playtesters, let's just say there were a LOT more loose-lipped playtesters in the wild.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly guys, this is the ULTIMATE stance you can take on what or who will come as future DLC content for Smash Ultimate. Will X character or X franchise come to the roster?

469.jpg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's kind of a good question, my initial ideas so for is that the ammunition for magic is gonna be pretty limited for the cannon, with the exception being arrows (Which are usually smaller variants which are not as powerful). So the upside is that he's more consistent and versatility, at the cost of lesser firepower compared to the archers, and mages, as well as a bit less speed. Sometimes he uses sticks as ammunition as well.

There was another idea that I have which was that for some odd reason, the boy was holding a shotgun (A weapon everyone was confused about when he appeared in the land, despite not having any shells at all, he actually makes them by making powder out of certain rocks, while making the shells themselves from the help of himself and others from a location. So kind of like the BoomStick from the Evil Dead series. Yet, ehh that feels more like something more acceptable for a fanfic, rather than an actual game.
Alrighty, any story ideas for how they’d be able to bring in the large cast FE games tend to have?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Default Dancing Sans shoves Mae onto a frozen lake while fighting. The ice cracks and Mae drowns.
If he didn't dab after this, I want a refund.

2010 Memes picks flowers.
All of them collectively scrunch faces and go "ME GUSTA".

...That sentence hurt to type... End my suffering.

The Fields of Machu Picch tries to throw a molotov at Scott the Woz, but trips and burns himself instead.
So it ends up burning every square mile of itself. Yep, just like how Pichu hurts itself by existing.

Sans begs for Morag to kill him. She refuses, keeping Sans alive.
Morag lowkey wants the rest of the competition to suffer from his puns.

John Vitale and Snorlax split up to search for resources.
"First, we split up for resources," said Snorlax. "Finding resources is hard work. When I do it myself, I work and get tired. But since there are two of us, we can share the task. One of us can work while the other gets tired."

"I don't want to get tired," said John. "I'll go look for resources. You can get tired."

"Alright," said Snorlax.

Toasterbrains Pyra makes a wooden spear.

Mythra makes a wooden spear.
Azurda: "Pyra and Mythra...your fighting styles are as...uhhh... Never mind..."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm super torn about choosing a favorite Mario & Luigi game. I thought that Dream Time was my favorite without a doubt, but dang, BiS is still just as amazing as I remember it being back in the day. At this point, I think they're tied for me; they both have their pros and cons that even them out.

BiSDX has waaaaay better giant battles, though. DT's giant battles were horrible, lol.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes because its fun and hilarious to have the end of an civilization not be taken seriously and drifting away from the Thor mythos trying to be like Guardians.
Thor ever taking itself seriously has often been its downfall. Movies, comics, anything. Asgard is ridiculous. Thor is ridiculous. All of its ridiculous. The tone of the movie is a far cry from Guardians too. Hell, most of the comedy is completely unlike Guardians... it's not James Gunn. It's Taika Waititi. And that's its greatest strength.

You could have made a somber, mopey, Thor out of Ragnarok where the world caves in on him and his very reason for existing is questioned you could. But then you'd likely be in the same boat as Man of Steel or BvS which I know you hate. Everyone has different tastes but you started out kind of trashing it without bringing up any points as to why it's bad. And then you brought up th ONLY reason anyone ever says it's bad. One reason. That's not really a critique at all is all I'm saying.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Alrighty, any story ideas for how they’d be able to bring in the large cast FE games tend to have?
Most of the stories I thought of usually have smaller casts so they can be more developed compared to ones in a larger cast. So I’m not sure what I can do for a large cast.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms hey bud sorry for being absent during the game but it was fun to read back and see how my entire district ****ing died

Girlfriend came to visit for a week or so starting yesterday so I’ve been hanging out with her.

I honestly got tired of seeing my username so much since I use it everywhere, and since everyone pretty much knows me as ToasterBrains I changed it to be Pyra for an aesthetic reason. I like shorter names, and I have been knee deep in XC2 recently. Also, I really like her as a character.

Considering I always wanted someone to use the Pyra I really enjoyed your usernane change.

Even if you revive the Toaster soon, at least I have some Pyra and Mythra memes now.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm super torn about choosing a favorite Mario & Luigi game. I thought that Dream Time was my favorite without a doubt, but dang, BiS is still just as amazing as I remember it being back in the day. At this point, I think they're tied for me; they both have their pros and cons that even them out.

BiSDX has waaaaay better giant battles, though. DT's giant battles were horrible, lol.
I'm not sure about mine. The one I played the most of was the first one...

I might've given Partners in Time a less hard time if it wasn't for how the Yoshis were depicted in that...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm bored. Name 3 Non Erdrick characters you'd add and I'll rate your decision
First party, series already represented:
1. Bandana Dee
2. Dixie Kong
3. Impa

Series associate with smash, but no fighter:
1. Karate Joe
2. Rayman
3. Lloyd Irving

Third Party, unrepresented:
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Terry Bogard
3. Spyro
Also 3. Sora

Assist Trophy:
1. Isaac
2. Bomberman
3. Ashley

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen do everything I swear

But for reference, currently Erdrick is my 11th most wanted characters because I have taken ATs and MCs out of the running.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do, but all of those "Credible Leaks", like the Grinch Leak have been thrown right in the trash.
Only a few credible leaks turn out to be true.
That's not really credibility though. Credibility is something you gain over time and you can't really do that with a blurry "promo image". Verge may be an ass hat. Verge may be wrong every once in a while but so far the vast majority of his stuff for Smash has been correct. Only thing missing is Minecraft.
*Sigh*

Look, I agree that the way that Shiny constantly is saying that Erdrick isn't getting in can get old... really quickly.

But with the current circumstances surrounding Erdrick, I think it's a little bit of a stretch we go completely for or against him at this point.

There isn't enough evidence to confirm him, but there's no evidence that deconfirms him. We still have to make some kind of jump to get to either side.

So I think it's fair to be skeptical, just not in denial.
I meant that last part as more of a joke. It went from Shiny saying something smart, to something that doesn't make much sense, back to Erdrick.

I'm not 100% on him obviously but it's a choice that is so Sakurai, so Nintendo, that if it doesn't happen at least somewhere in the pass, I'll be surprised.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's not really credibility though. Credibility is something you gain over time and you can't really do that with a blurry "promo image". Verge may be an *** hat. Verge may be wrong every once in a while but so far the vast majority of his stuff for Smash has been correct. Only thing missing is Minecraft.

I meant that last part as more of a joke. It went from Shiny saying something smart, to something that doesn't make much sense, back to Erdrick.

I'm not 100% on him obviously but it's a choice that is so Sakurai, so Nintendo, that if it doesn't happen at least somewhere in the pass, I'll be surprised.
And of course, Square, but I think everyone's expecting info on that this month.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Verge may be an *** hat. Verge may be wrong every once in a while but so far the vast majority of his stuff for Smash has been correct. Only thing missing is Minecraft.
To be fair I don't trust Vergeben either. Vergeben hasn't really leaked as much as he has had educated guesses that worked out well for him. There are hundreds of people who make claims, and after each direct, the pool of those still correct gets smaller and smaller. Moral of the story: leaks aren't to be trusted. DATAMINES though...

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure about mine. The one I played the most of was the first one...

I might've given Partners in Time a less hard time if it wasn't for how the Yoshis were depicted in that...
Superstar Saga is fantastic. PiT has a great plot but yeah, the Yoshi stuff was weird. Didn't like that part as a kid and I doubt I would now, TBH.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Ragnarok made me actually like Thor after him being pretty much my least favorite Avenger beforehand, so yeah it's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

I feel bad for the people that wanted a surprise when Roy and Ryu were leaked.
What was it like at the times when Roy and Ryu's footage was discovered before the direct?

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair I don't trust Vergeben either. Vergeben hasn't really leaked as much as he has had educated guesses that worked out well for him. There are hundreds of people who make claims, and after each direct, the pool of those still correct gets smaller and smaller. Moral of the story: leaks aren't to be trusted. DATAMINES though...
My dude, Vergeben was 100% correct for Smash Ultimate pre-dlc, and as someone who leaked what the hell Spirit Mode was before anyone else did(me), trust me, we had VERY GOOD reason to trust Verge.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Banjo
Waluigi
Sans Undertale
How boring. At least Sans would bring good music
Octolings
Katamari Prince
Steve

I expect my ratings to go into the negatives.
Meh
Can't see happening but would be cool
Would be cool
Goku
Sword Goku
Ryu Hayabusa
Unironically cool
I assume sword Goku is Trunks so cool
Would be amazing if he had a command grab
Let's see...Sora, Steve and Dixie Kong.
Meh
Would be cool
Hell yes
Spyro
Tetra
Skull Kid
Eh
Hell yes
**** YES
Since Banjo and Ryu have been said, I’ll go:
Nightmare
Rayman
Shantae
**** YEAH
Would be cool
Hell yeah
First party, series already represented:
1. Bandana Dee
2. Dixie Kong
3. Impa

Series associate with smash, but no fighter:
1. Karate Joe
2. Rayman
3. Lloyd Irving

Third Party, unrepresented:
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Terry Bogard
3. Spyro
Also 3. Sora

Assist Trophy:
1. Isaac
2. Bomberman
3. Ashley

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen do everything I swear

But for reference, currently Erdrick is my 11th most wanted characters because I have taken ATs and MCs out of the running.
**** YEAH
Hell yeah
eh

Neutral opinion on all 3

Yuck
Should be in
Meh/Meh

**** yes
Could be cool
Hell yeah

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What was it like at the times when Roy and Ryu's footage was discovered before the direct?
Still hype, it's just the following trailers weren't as hype as they could've been. Same thing with most leaked characters honestly.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How boring. At least Sans would bring good music

Meh
Can't see happening but would be cool
Would be cool

Unironically cool
I assume sword Goku is Trunks so cool
Would be amazing if he had a command grab
Meh
Would be cool
Hell yes

Eh
Hell yes
**** YES

**** YEAH
Would be cool
Hell yeah

**** YEAH
Hell yeah
eh

Neutral opinion on all 3

Yuck
Should be in
Meh/Meh

**** yes
Could be cool
Hell yeah
Mad laddette actually did it. GG!

Nah, but Banjo I only have up there because it would mean that Steve has less of a chance getting in. Banjo's supporters have had it out for longer, and I feel like they deserve it at this point. In reality, Banjo isn't all that high on my list, but still; 7th is decently good. Currently I have Lloyd Irving as my number one.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pretty chill actually
People were happy about Roy returning and well Ryu is Ryu lol

Before the footage there was a lot of non-believers tho.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why do I have to cook food?

A bear can just grab a fish and go to town, but I gotta cook it, add some seasoning maybe. Why do I get sick but a bear doesn’t? What do bears have that I don’t have?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

We knew about the months before their release, so when they got footage, no one was really all that surprised. People who liked the characters were happy, that's about it from what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom