• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Huh... Not sure how to react to that. Thoughts? DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon @Zeke The Zekenator @ShotoStar ? Replace Tansut with @faygoshill ?
I decide that you decide.

So long as @ShotoStar is Polnareff I'm good.
Here's the problem, and this goes back to even before the freaking November Direct pre-release for Smash Ultimate and even the September Direct from last year, after hearing what Spawn Wave said about Gaming INTEL. It seems as if they do the same things that groups like LeakyPandy do, and I vividly remember me, Nekoo Nekoo and DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon whenever that group gets brought up bring up the rather shoddy things they do -- they latch onto other info brokers' information, they either pay people to make leaks, make fake leak articles to get traffic, what have you.

They take the info and report it as their own "exclusive info", and honestly, it's pretty pathetic, and this was why back then in 2018 why I pushed Spawn Wave and his crew of people like NateDrake as "the only people you can trust with leaks" cause of **** like this. PolarPanda has been proving worth, so those two sources are the only places you can 100% trust, IMO. If they get something wrong, they publicly apologize and try to think of how to atone for the mistakes (a good example? NateDrake. Metroid was never shown at the VGAs, yet all these Nintendo x Microsoft rumors are now happening.)
Man, this just made me miss Nekoo Nekoo more.

:^(

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait we're discussing a leak?
We were talking about Gaming INTEL claiming there would be a Direct on the 11th, and PushDustIn made a tweet saying Gaming INTEL is full of some real shady characters and practices, so we can throw their claim in the trash now.

D

Deleted member

Never trust leakers in general.
They always find a way to hide behind our backs.
For all we know, some of those Erdrick leaks could be fake.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Any MCU film is better then Asgardians of the Galaxy/Guardians of the Galaxy: Thor that's for certain. Easily IMO the worst MCU film to date and thank god Infinity War's beginning makes that joke of a film all pointless and meaningless which is the only highlight to it.
Wow.

That hot take has me shooketh. That movie is one of the most fun movies in the MCU.

But y'know, I guess the giant spectacle movie that is meant to be a conglomeration of a world wide phenomenon franchise that ends up on a rather depressing note that will most certainly be made pointless by the next movie is automatically better than a labor of love and passion from the director and actor.

No joke dude, Ragnarok is a good movie. I don't know how you don't like it. But you do you.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yea maybe that, but with the difference of not being as experienced of fighting (So he has to rely on range), and he's not there to end something, he's just trying to journey through place to place just to be safe.
Why an arm cannon though? It doesn’t really sound like the settings of the FE series would allow something like that, closest thing I could see is a crossbow.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that makes sense. Especially now, when people are desperate for any info and will take whatever rumor is fed to them if the person saying it has even a small amount of credibility, it's the perfect time for places like this to swoop in and say whatever **** they feel like in the hopes people will fall for it, which some of us here almost did.

I remember Spawn Wave said there'd likely be a Direct in April, so I'm still holdin' out hope for it, but I sure as hell ain't gonna believe it's on the 11th anymore.
Spawn made some pretty good points as to why there would be a Direct for this month, because in actuality, there are somethings that definitely don't need to be at E3 and can be saved as the "Road to E3 Direct", if you will.
  • Super Mario Maker 2's release date + quick overview
  • Possible restructuring of the handling of virtual console, if we wanna go about those A Link to the Past Best Buy listings
  • Joker reveal, Erdrick reveal, 3.0.0 overview for Smash Ultimate
  • More unannounced indie games and any AAA projects
The first three are the big three, but who knows.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
20190318-jojo.jpg

Someone edit this poster to be about the Erdrick leaks. Make the people on the left the people who believe Erdrick won't get in because

Those are the people who die in canon, symbolizing how the people who believe Erdrick isn't a lock are wrong :^)

D

Deleted member

View attachment 205718

Someone edit this poster to be about the Erdrick leaks. Make the people on the left the people who believe Erdrick won't get in because

Those are the people who die in canon, symbolizing how the people who believe Erdrick isn't a lock are wrong :^)
The funny thing about what you're saying in regards to our bet is that Guido would have nothing over him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think I shared this yet. Another cool track I heard while watching SaltyBet.

If I posted this before, I apologize.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Never trust leakers in general.
Good advice, Shiny! You may be growing after al-
They always find a way to hide behind our backs.

Whatever it is your trying to say. Ok.
For all we know, some of those Erdrick leaks could be fake.
Why must you hurt me like this? Don't Kencineroar yourself. You just HAD to come back to saying you don't think Erdrick is happening didn't you? Even in this post?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms hey bud sorry for being absent during the game but it was fun to read back and see how my entire district ****ing died

Girlfriend came to visit for a week or so starting yesterday so I’ve been hanging out with her.

I wonder why Toasterbrains became Pyra Pyra .
Are you just gonna get rid of your toaster? what about your brains?
I honestly got tired of seeing my username so much since I use it everywhere, and since everyone pretty much knows me as ToasterBrains I changed it to be Pyra for an aesthetic reason. I like shorter names, and I have been knee deep in XC2 recently. Also, I really like her as a character.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Why an arm cannon though? It doesn’t really sound like the settings of the FE series would allow something like that, closest thing I could see is a crossbow.
That's actually kind of it. The Arm cannon itself acts like a crossbow, shooting medium arrows from the arm (No not exactly like a crossbow on your wrist), it'll also suck the magical energy of the tomes as ammunition (But only if it's upgraded). The cannon itself is actually not created officially to the world, it's actually made from a person in a town who used a strange weapon that the small boy was holding when he got there.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Default Dancing Sans begs for Taylor F. to kill him. He refuses, keeping Default Dancing Sans alive.
Taylor trying to keep FNAF, Undertale, and Fortnite alive all at once. Simply Taylor-made for saving anything heavy on the meme culture.
kappa.png

7 Grand Dad sees a fire, but stays hidden.
Thaaaat's right, you stay hidden you glitchy ****. You smell that campfire? That's the Rock, *****!

Shantae, Chef Dougher , and Shrek's Cringe Compilation start fighting, but Chef Dougher runs away as Shantae kills Shrek's Cringe Compilation.
The day cringe died, all thanks to Shantae.

Morag kills KMDP for his supplies.
Zero mercy to all; all for the glory of Mor Ardain.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The funny thing about what you're saying in regards to our bet is that Guido would have nothing over him.
You know, I didn't even think about that when I posted it. That's amazing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's actually kind of it. The Arm cannon itself acts like a crossbow, shooting medium arrows from the arm (No not exactly like a crossbow on your wrist), it'll also suck the magical energy of the tomes as ammunition (But only if it's upgraded). The cannon itself is actually not created officially to the world, it's actually made from a person in a town who used a strange weapon that the small boy was holding when he got there.
Interesting. So how would a FE game be built around this idea?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Leaks have been false like more than 90% of the time.
I mean, you're right, but you're also wrong.

I mean just look at Smash for instance.

Yeah, you get a bulk amount of 4chan leaks, but then you get stuff like: Gematsu. ESRB, Vergeben, Piranha Leaker, and 'potentially' 5ch's Joker/Erdrick leak(Still yet to be determined).

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I honestly got tired of seeing my username so much since I use it everywhere, and since everyone pretty much knows me as ToasterBrains I changed it to be Pyra for an aesthetic reason. I like shorter names, and I have been knee deep in XC2 recently. Also, I really like her as a character.
Short names are nice. Aesthetically pleasing.

While I do think ToasterBrains was a nice name, I like the look of your new profile.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh please, not this conversation again.

There's a line between skepticism and outright denial.

D

Deleted member

Holy crap, I’ve got an awful stabbing pain in the right side of my forehead. I’m no stranger to sudden headaches, but this is new.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I do, but all of those "Credible Leaks", like the Grinch Leak have been thrown right in the trash.
Only a few credible leaks turn out to be true.
That's... not really what credibility means, at least not in this context. We're talking about leakers who have built up a reputation for being believable. People who have gotten things right more than once in the past, thus making their claims worthy of being discussed.

The Grinch leak, while impressive, was not "credible", because the person who "leaked" it was some rando nobody had heard about until right then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, let me at the very least spread some hope into anyone who has a certain character they wanna see, when it comes to Smash Ultimate and DLC speculation, in the most absurd way possible.

Whether it'd be Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Master Chief, Sans, Rex & Pyra, who have you -- know this:

We got the some of the black community out here defending white people and vice versa when anyone tries to de-credit Nas and even Billy Ray Cyrus when the recent Old Town Road remix came out, SO WE ACTUALLY ARE ENDING RACISM ONE SMALL STEP AT A TIME AND ClaTheBae ClaTheBae CAN ATTEST.

YOUR DREAMS CAN BE A REALITY, IF YOU JUST MEME HARD ENOUGH.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Good advice, Shiny! You may be growing after al-

Whatever it is your trying to say. Ok.

Why must you hurt me like this? Don't Kencineroar yourself. You just HAD to come back to saying you don't think Erdrick is happening didn't you? Even in this post?
*Sigh*

Look, I agree that the way that Shiny constantly is saying that Erdrick isn't getting in can get old... really quickly.

But with the current circumstances surrounding Erdrick, I think it's a little bit of a stretch we go completely for or against him at this point.

There isn't enough evidence to confirm him, but there's no evidence that deconfirms him. We still have to make some kind of jump to get to either side.

So I think it's fair to be skeptical, just not in denial.

D

Deleted member

That's... not really what credibility means, at least not in this context. We're talking about leakers who have built up a reputation for being believable. People who have gotten things right more than once in the past, thus making their claims worthy of talking about.

The Grinch leak, while impressive, was not "credible", because the person who "leaked" it was some rando nobody had heard about until right then.
Ooh, makes sense.

I know what the word "Credibility" means. It is just, people like Vergeben and Getmasu have been wrong before. They may be credible, but that does not make them a prophet.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Leaks have been false like more than 90% of the time.
Except a leak by definition is true, since it contains information not meant to be seen at that time. Fake leaks are by definition false. They're called fake for a reason. Although I suppose they can claim information that comes true in spite of them.

I think I know what you mean, but just because many "leaks" pan out to be false, doesn't make them all false. Just try to keep an open mind about these things.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also, unrelated but I finally got to try Ultimate on my friend's Switch.

And all I can say is:

COLORS WEAVE
200.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I do, but all of those "Credible Leaks", like the Grinch Leak have been thrown right in the trash.
Only a few credible leaks turn out to be true.
nah the grinch leak was just people being dumb because "Look! Look! Banjo! Isaac! Shadow! Oh, it has to be true! No one would spend all this time just to prank me so epicly!"

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ooh, makes sense.

I know what the word "Credibility" means. It is just, people like Vergeben and Getmasu have been wrong before. They may be credible, but that does not make them a prophet.
As Idon said, there is a fine line between skepticism and outright denial, my friend. And I'm afraid you're falling squarely in the latter side of the line. The problem a lot of people have with your argument is that you believe Erdrick WILL NOT be in, no matter what, and your only reason you've cited for thinking so is "I just don't think he'll be in."

It's fine to think "Hmm, maybe the leakers are wrong. Erdrick might not be in. Nothing's a guarantee", but to sit here and constantly say "It's not happening, no matter what, I don't believe it" just makes you seem unnecessarily stubborn.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
So how would a FE game be built around this idea?
That's kind of a good question, my initial ideas so for is that the ammunition for magic is gonna be pretty limited for the cannon, with the exception being arrows (Which are usually smaller variants which are not as powerful). So the upside is that he's more consistent and versatility, at the cost of lesser firepower compared to the archers, and mages, as well as a bit less speed. Sometimes he uses sticks as ammunition as well.

There was another idea that I have which was that for some odd reason, the boy was holding a shotgun (A weapon everyone was confused about when he appeared in the land, despite not having any shells at all, he actually makes them by making powder out of certain rocks, while making the shells themselves from the help of himself and others from a location. So kind of like the BoomStick from the Evil Dead series. Yet, ehh that feels more like something more acceptable for a fanfic, rather than an actual game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, unrelated but I finally got to try Ultimate on my friend's Switch.

And all I can say is:

Congratulations!

I was watching some Smash 4 gameplay earlier on, and the knock back is so odd. The characters seem like they fly off forever before they come to a stop.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wow.

That hot take has me shooketh. That movie is one of the most fun movies in the MCU.

But y'know, I guess the giant spectacle movie that is meant to be a conglomeration of a world wide phenomenon franchise that ends up on a rather depressing note that will most certainly be made pointless by the next movie is automatically better than a labor of love and passion from the director and actor.

No joke dude, Ragnarok is a good movie. I don't know how you don't like it. But you do you.
Yes because its fun and hilarious to have the end of an civilization not be taken seriously and drifting away from the Thor mythos trying to be like Guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom