• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Let me reiterate: I need four tributes per user, because this time around I'm making it so that each participating user's getting an entire district/team to themselves. I can't just add you guys on your own. You each need three more tributes to fill out your districts.
Yeah I misread cause of it

So... Mythra (the character), Morag, and Nia then.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
sure why not
uhh
How about Napoleon, James Bond, Sigma, and just an actual mirror. An iconic team.
Yeah I misread cause of it

So... Mythra (the character), Morag, and Nia then.
hi.

Might as well join since i see some familiar faces.
Oh. 4 spots? Then I guess Shantae, Kirby, and Snorlax
Three more districts taken, four districts remain.

(You're also participating yourself, right, Pyra/Toasterbrains?.)

D

Deleted member

I'm taking tributes for round two of my Hunger Games Grand Finale now!

I'm not adding any tributes of my own choosing this round, so that at least one member who might miss out otherwise will get a chance to participate in this one.

@TotsBS @TheCJBrine @KarneraMythos @Opossum and @KMDP already have reserved districts for this round, so there's seven districts left to fill. Get 'em while you can! And remember, each participating user is getting an entire district to themselves. Every district has four tributes, so that's four tributes per user. If you want to participate, I need you to nominate exactly four tributes. No more, no less.
Sign me up!

EDIT: Me, Breadbear, Default Dancing Sans, Robbie Rotten

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Let me reiterate: I need four tributes per user, because this time around I'm making it so that each participating user's getting an entire district/team to themselves. I can't just add you guys on your own. You each need three more tributes to fill out your districts.
Ah ok.

Me, Shantae, Spider-Ham, And King K. Rool

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I'm not adding any tributes of my own choosing this round, so that at least one member who might miss out otherwise will get a chance to participate in this one.

@TotsBS @TheCJBrine @KarneraMythos @Opossum and @KMDP already have reserved districts for this round, so there's seven districts left to fill. Get 'em while you can! And remember, each participating user is getting an entire district to themselves. Every district has four tributes, so that's four tributes per user. If you want to participate, I need you to nominate exactly four tributes. No more, no less.
I'll submit some stuff this time around.
A Purple Pikmin, Lubba, Tatsu (from Xenoblade X), and Escargoon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
D

Deleted member

Got it. Add me, Erdrick, female Erdrick, and chibi Erdrick.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sign me up!

EDIT: Me, Breadbear, Default Dancing Sans, Robbie Rotten
Okay, here we go. My district will be UtopianPoyzin, Mr. Compress, Bandana Dee, and "The Fields of Macchu Picchu"
Got it!

Every district's been taken!

Got it. Add me, Erdrick, female Erdrick, and chibi Erdrick.
You've been more or less beaten to the punch, but I'm doing one more round besides my next one, so you'll still get to participate later. You have the only reserved slot for round three.

D

Deleted member

Got it!

Every district's been taken!

You've been more or less beaten to the punch, but I'm doing one more round besides my next one, so you'll still get to participate later. You have the only reserved slot for round three.
What if my team kills another team before the game starts?

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
fun theory time: the datamined codenames aren't actually anywhere near as complicated or sneaky as we'd like to think, and are actually only there to obscure the character's identities at their most basic level
  • jack was chosen because it has an quick and easy female equivalent in the form of jane (both names also have the exact same meaning, 'god is gracious', which sort of ties in with the whole personas being divine gifts thing going on in P5)
  • brave is literally erdrick's class name, and if he's a broader representative of DQ's hero class, might not even be a codename at all
  • nothing else datamined has codenames: joker's stage is just labelled as mementos
And this is clearly because Nintendo is trying to avoid repeating the Ryu and Roy debacle. Of course, 2+ months of "Erdrick" proves it's not enough, haha.
That said, I'll always note how the names are differing levels of closeness to character. :ultpiranha: was literally "packun," its Japanese name, because it was no secret. But "Jack" is debatable on how it relates to Joker. Arguably, without foreknowledge of Joker's inclusion, that association would be a reach. As for "brave," the association with Erdrick seems obvious, but is just vague enough to leave some doubt in the minds of some.

I'm curious to see, if we find any more codenames, what they'll be.

Edit: Oh hey, more users than guests, for once.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
-The Pumaman
-Torgo (Manos: The Hands of Fate)
-Big McLargeHuge
-Joe Don Baker

Yes I’m a huge MST3K fan, why do you ask?

Edit: Never mind...

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

EDIT: The slots are filled! No more users can participate in this one. Just giving a warning for anyone who sees this post too late and isn't caught up. I'm not reserving slots for round three right now.
If nobody suggested me, then me.

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, ok. Put Sans in, then.
Looks like traffic's a bit slow today.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms did you get Nate's switch in for shantae?
Noted.

-The Pumaman
-Torgo (Manos: The Hands of Fate)
-Big McLargeHuge
-Joe Don Baker

Yes I’m a huge MST3K fan, why do you ask?
Sorry man, but you're just a little too late...every district's been filled.

I'll reserve your slot for round three as well, but a note to everyone else who would like to participate: after this, I'm not taking any more district nominations in advance. No more reserved slots after this one.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Concerning Erdrick: assuming we get more than 2 songs (Square Enix is stingy right, guys? haha how funny), would the music for Erdrick be just from Dragon Quest III? From just early DQ games? Or could it span the whole series? I guess no one actually knows, but I'm curious as to what people perceive as likely.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If nobody suggested me, then me.

Edit,: Nevermind.
When I start taking tributes for my third and final round some days from now, I'll tag you. Just remember that you need a full team since I'm giving one district to each user. I'll need exactly four tributes from you to fill out that team.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I had an argument in mind but it's not worth it. I'll let it be and root for you because Erdrick sponsorship
It's difficult to figure out who shouldve been in, because I said I was in less than a minute before Bolderousness, but gave my four picks less than a minute after Bolderousness did. It's hard to say.
The fallibility of being human ;p

and i can root for you in the next round if i give my spot to someone

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Concerning Erdrick: assuming we get more than 2 songs (Square Enix is stingy right, guys? haha how funny), would the music for Erdrick be just from Dragon Quest III? From just early DQ games? Or could it span the whole series? I guess no one actually knows, but I'm curious as to what people perceive as likely.
I mean, I want Erdrick as much as the next speculator (DQ is too big to be ignored), but I can't find any notable DQ songs that n e e d to be in the game. I mean, sure I haven't played the games (besides Mario Sports Mix, lmao) so there is bias, but I wouldn't mind just getting 3 or 4 songs from DQ.

With Final Fantasy though, there were sooo many opportunities missed. The reason people keep saying that Square is stingy is because there are bountiful numbers of songs that people recognize could be in the game, but just aren't because only two were ported. FF XV?

This is biased so take it with a grain of salt. I could look at Persona and tell you 5 songs that should be in Ultimate (I will flip tables if Last Surprise doesn't show up btw). With DQ, I can't. My main point is this: If anybody has any ideas for DQ songs, link them so I can listen and support their inclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario doesn’t deserve to be in Smash
Discuss
Seriously why add Mario when we have more important characters like Koopa 1 and Koopa 2?

SMH Nintendo isn't even trying, So much bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom