• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Anyone else bored of Ultimate?

Hoping the big update brings new modes or something because every mode we have now are just smash battles.
I’m getting frustrated with the game because I can’t find any characters that I really click with (besides K.Rool who kinda sucks), and the online experience being lackluster but also the only way I can play against actual humans. I love the game but my motivation to play it has really dropped recently.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
aight i'm back, is there still a market for a smashboards RPG because i've just had some crazy wild ideas in the past few hours of on-off sleep and i might see if they're serviceable
I’m sure by now you know I’ve been kinda playing around with some ideas myself lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Each time I go for a casual free for all but with legal rule sets it's a bunch of people on the Nintendo App ganging up on me. Can't believe quickplay is better for something than arena.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alrighty my third and final round of compliments that was supposed to be posted yesterday

Shoutouts to @Nekoo, @Tougon (I miss you, please come back), @TotsBS, @Scoliosis Jones, @Bolderousness, CallMeKnux CallMeKnux , @Iridium, @Teeb147, @RandomAce, Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , and everyone else I forgot, for being great people and making Smashboards a nice place to be
I haven't answered earlier due to other stuff, but thank you alot for posting this! ^^ I haven't got much tag while the thread was in compliment mode, so it really mean alot to me. :)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Because music tracks are composed of several parts. When you remove vocals, you're removing something that made it good in the first place.

Granted, I think instrumental remixes can be good as well, but it's not hard to see why a lot of people want the full version.
I totally forgot I wanted to respond to this.
But for my case, I want to seperate 3 situations:

1. A vocal song that has an alternate instrumental version.

In this case, obviously, the vocals are usually a part of the song and removing them would be a shame. My issue here is that people act like the vocals are the only good part about the song. I usually don't like vocal songs unless the lyrics are exceptionally good or the singer has an exceptionally good voice. Both are extremely rare. Why is this? Because the lyrics tend to overshadow the rest of the music, making it more "The Voice supported by some other instruments" then, what you said "a song comprised of different parts working together". In that regard, I often like instrumental versions way more because they bring out the best in all parts of the song, but I understand the lyrics are an integral part of the song.

2. An instrumental song that has an alternate vocal version.

In video games, this often means that you're lead to hear the instrumental version before the vocal version (think Lifelight or Life Will Change) because either in-game or in the trailers, that's simply the first version you hear.
In both these examples, the instrumental version was amazing! Well arranged, good music, letting the different parts come together to make an earstroking experience.
But then they marginalised it completely by making a vocal version. Both of these vocal versions are still really good, but they heavily overshadow the rest of the song and for some reason, people always love it more, even though it technically has less music in it, so it's not a matter of "getting the full experience".

3. Comparing similar vocal and instrumental songs.

These can be from the same game or completely unrelated, but the fact remains that the general public will always favour the vocal song for reasons I still don't understand. Most pop-songs only highlight the voice, having all other "parts" of the song mostly as support. Instrumental music is often so much more interesting because it brings out the best in every part of it! And people don't see it, I simply don't understand why and it makes me angry!

Yes, I know there are good vocal songs that give proper attention to the rest of the music, but not in pop-songs and, to stick with this example, barely in Persona 5.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Here’s a fun lil game. Let’s say you got to pick the next 4 DLC picks, along with Joker. Let’s also say you got to pick 10 music tracks for each character. Who and what songs would you choose? (You can do Joker too if you want)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I totally forgot I wanted to respond to this.
But for my case, I want to seperate 3 situations:

1. A vocal song that has an alternate instrumental version.

In this case, obviously, the vocals are usually a part of the song and removing them would be a shame. My issue here is that people act like the vocals are the only good part about the song. I usually don't like vocal songs unless the lyrics are exceptionally good or the singer has an exceptionally good voice. Both are extremely rare. Why is this? Because the lyrics tend to overshadow the rest of the music, making it more "The Voice supported by some other instruments" then, what you said "a song comprised of different parts working together". In that regard, I often like instrumental versions way more because they bring out the best in all parts of the song, but I understand the lyrics are an integral part of the song.

2. An instrumental song that has an alternate vocal version.

In video games, this often means that you're lead to hear the instrumental version before the vocal version (think Lifelight or Life Will Change) because either in-game or in the trailers, that's simply the first version you hear.
In both these examples, the instrumental version was amazing! Well arranged, good music, letting the different parts come together to make an earstroking experience.
But then they marginalised it completely by making a vocal version. Both of these vocal versions are still really good, but they heavily overshadow the rest of the song and for some reason, people always love it more, even though it technically has less music in it, so it's not a matter of "getting the full experience".

3. Comparing similar vocal and instrumental songs.

These can be from the same game or completely unrelated, but the fact remains that the general public will always favour the vocal song for reasons I still don't understand. Most pop-songs only highlight the voice, having all other "parts" of the song mostly as support. Instrumental music is often so much more interesting because it brings out the best in every part of it! And people don't see it, I simply don't understand why and it makes me angry!

Yes, I know there are good vocal songs that give proper attention to the rest of the music, but not in pop-songs and, to stick with this example, barely in Persona 5.
Then you just don't like pop music, which you have every right for. Just like other people have right to like it. It's just a matter of taste.

I think vocal tracks are getting more and more common/popular in video games and Smash has relatively few of them, therefore it can use a few more.

D

Deleted member

Help, I can’t stop watching the trailers for the Joker and Dragon Quest V movies.

I loved them too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I know not really smash related but take a look at this cosplayer. My goodness she looks amazing and it’s made from perler?? Must have taken forever but well worth it <3

D

Deleted member

I know not really smash related but take a look at this cosplayer. My goodness she looks amazing and it’s made from perler?? Must have taken forever but well worth it <3

Holy wumpa!
That looks dope!

That had to take months to be finished, since it feels like a challenging suit to do with those Fuse Beads.

Gonna retweet that.

D

Deleted member

Man, random thought, but this generation of Smash players ****in blows. Everybody just wanna find a way to either spark drama, bad takes ("I miss Smash 4"), complain or otherwise.

Sure as hell wasn't like this back in the day, especially back when Melee was ACTUALLY Melee. Where's the visceralness nowadays? Wanna go back to the Mango v Zhu days, where Mango teched off of Yoshi's Story, spiked Zhu, HMW and everyone goin crazy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Man, random thought, but this generation of Smash players ****in blows. Everybody just wanna find a way to either spark drama, bad takes ("I miss Smash 4"), complain or otherwise.

Sure as hell wasn't like this back in the day, especially back when Melee was ACTUALLY Melee. Where's the visceralness nowadays? Wanna go back to the Mango v Zhu days, where Mango teched off of Yoshi's Story, spiked Zhu, HMW and everyone goin crazy.
Hot take
Taking on the old guy role doesn’t make you cool

Am I doing it right?

D

Deleted member

I’m gonna be honest regarding the Smash games:

None of them are bad. All the titles are fantastic for the time and console they were released on, and all have the same care and effort behind them.

The closest thing to a bad Smash game would be outside the series with cases like Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, which had a lot of problems that Smash already got over with since Melee like the short roster.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Then you just don't like pop music, which you have every right for. Just like other people have right to like it. It's just a matter of taste.

I think vocal tracks are getting more and more common/popular in video games and Smash has relatively few of them, therefore it can use a few more.
I mean...
Me not liking pop music is pretty much what it boils down to.
I know people have differing opinions, but it would be so much easier if anyone could actually explain their opinion rather than Just saying "hey, I can have this opinion" because I REALLY don't understand why you could have the opinion that pop music isn't terrible.
I'd be a lot easier to accept differing opinions if people could explain them

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'd wait for Ultimate to actually have a few years under it's belt before comparing it to Melee, especially in regards to the competitive scene.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

About that, it is me, or there is like a controversy every week when it come Smash now? Ultimate or Melee, I feel like that there is always something exploding and going out of proportion about one of those game, but maybe that's because I go to Smash reddit too often. (Yeah actually, that may be that)

Also, 64 is the best Smash game, it's the only game where everyone can do crazy **** & there is only 12 matchup to learn, so in a way, it's the most balanced of them all.
tumblr_inline_mxo1zbo80S1spmsxh.gif

Just sayin'.

D

Deleted member

Here’s a fun lil game. Let’s say you got to pick the next 4 DLC picks, along with Joker. Let’s also say you got to pick 10 music tracks for each character. Who and what songs would you choose? (You can do Joker too if you want)
boutta do some I N D U L G I N G reeeeeal quick
1. Incoming
2. You Will Recall Our Names
3. Roaming the Wastes
4. Battle! (Torna)
5. After Despair and Hope
6. Over Despair and Animus
7. Bringer of Chaos! Ultimate
8. Death Match With Torna
9. Driver VS
10. Monster Surprised You
And much, much more
1. Theme X
2. Uncontrollable
3. Wir Fliegen
4. Noctilium (Day)
5. Codename Z
6. The Key We Lost
7. No.EX 01
8. Black Tar
9. Melancholia (**** you it's good)
10. Re:Arr X
And much, much more
My other two dream newcomers are Skull Kid and Midna and we already have like a billion Zelda songs so I guess just anything that's not in the game already lmao

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'd wait for Ultimate to actually have a few years under it's belt before comparing it to Melee, especially in regards to the competitive scene.
Yeah, the game is still early in it's life and people still haven't fully grasped the meta and potential for each character. Not to mention that people are still discovering new techs every day.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk much Persona 5 songs aside from Last Surprise so
1. Elma
Songs - Black Tar, Uncontrollable, Sylvalum Day, Sylvalum Night, Minor Boss Battle, Ganglion Skell Battle, Major Boss Battle, Prog Ares Theme, Yggralith Zero Theme, Telethia the Endbringer Theme
2. Neku
Songs - Twister Gang Mix, Twister Final Boss Remix, Calling, Game Over, Ooparts, Transformation, Hybrid, Emptiness And, Give Me All Your Love*, Someday
* = Give Me All Your Love has a very suggestive lyric that will probably need to be trimmed out DK Rap style by cutting the whole verse with said lyric
3. Yuri Lowell
Songs - Ring a Bell, Battle Theme, Boss Battle theme, (idk what else really)
4. (Even though he isn’t in my banner but this is for the music) Gunvolt
Music - Reincarnation, Raging Inferno, The Tide Begins to Turn, Monolithic Pride, The Awaiting Abyss, Unsuppressed Greed, Eternal Blue, (throw in a few more Lumen songs here idc)

Most of my other choices already have the songs I need. I don’t know too many Shantae songs either aside from Dancing Through The Danger

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When it comes to respecting people when talking about opinnions, I always like to bring up the thing I have with Bandana Waddle Dee:

The character, at least for me, isn’t cool. In the games he is playable they also offer you to pick characters who I find way cooler like him (Dedede and Meta Knight in Return To DreamLand and Adeleine or Marx in Star Allies) so... why would I pick him when the game is offering without any worry the option to pick my favourite Kirby character or one of the most popular bosses in the franchises instead? Since I don’t enjoy picking him, I don’t have interest about seeing Dee in Smash and would prefer Adeleine or Dark Meta Knight instead.

HOWEVER: Does this mean that I despise the idea of having him in Smash? Or find it bad to see other people wanting him? NO. I may dislike the character, but at the same time understand why some would want him: he is a big part of the main cast in the latest Kirby games and some find him charming. Those two things alone are acceptable points to want the character, and I don’t have a problem with Kirby getting more reps. And hey, maybe Sakurai manages to make me want to pick the dude for once, so who knows?

It is fine to not like some characters, as long as you let the people who do like them enjoy their presence.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean...
Me not liking pop music is pretty much what it boils down to.
I know people have differing opinions, but it would be so much easier if anyone could actually explain their opinion rather than Just saying "hey, I can have this opinion" because I REALLY don't understand why you could have the opinion that pop music isn't terrible.
I'd be a lot easier to accept differing opinions if people could explain them
Pop music is catchy, has basic structure and lyrics make it even easier to remember the composition (same with marches). Usually they aren't musical masterpieces but they can be entertaining and not all of them are terrible.

Humans can take pleasure from simple stuff and there isn't always a better explanation than appeal to common taste.

D

Deleted member

1. LPS 2012 Theme Song
  2. Dance Like You Know You Can
  3. The Fire Hydrant Song
  4. All Around The World
  5. LPS A World Of Our Own Theme Song
They'd probably just do OG and Remixed Versions of each of these tbh
  1. Moon Theme
  2. Amazon Theme
  3. Transylvania Theme
  4. African Mines Theme
  5. Himalayas Theme
  6. Mount Vesuvius Theme
  7. Money Bin Theme
  8. Ducktales Boss Battle Theme
  9. Dracula Duck Theme
  10. Ducktales 2017 Theme Song

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’m sure by now you know I’ve been kinda playing around with some ideas myself lol
i've got a couple of ideas floating around now that i'm seeing how well i can work with

more disparate pieces than wholes right now, but i think i might be able to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom