• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So kids, don't try this at home, but I just pet one of the porch opossums I've been mentioning for several minutes and I think I'm gonna die.

So soft. So cute.

But yeah don't try that unless you actually know what you're doing lol.
Yeah Opo...

For realsies, I'm frankly surprised you didn't get bitten.

Those little critters are temperamental.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Porch possum? Like a wild one? How'd it let you get close to it?
So I have this trap door in the floor of my enclosed porch that leads to under the house, right? I use it to feed the stray cats around here so they have someplace safe to eat/so that they'd stop killing the flying squirrels. It's under the radar so the HOA doesn't throw a fit lol.

But opossums and raccoons tend to show up too. One night a skunk even did, but that's beside the point. Anywho, so the past few weeks the opossums had been coming back after having not shown up for a few months. One of them seemed frightened tonight by something and was just kinda sitting in the corner. If I had to guess it may have been spooked by the giant small-dog-sized raccoon that shows up sometimes. Anywho, it was kinda scared, so I walked over to it and started petting her tail. Far enough from the teeth that I could gauge a reaction without getting bit. Because my god, if you've never been bit by an opossum, let me tell you...it hurts badly. I was rehabbing a baby one about eight years ago now and she got my hand when I was giving her a bit of an apple on a stick, and my god she drew a lot of blood. Liked the apple though.

So anyway, when I pet her tail she actually got LESS tense, so I started petting her back, never getting too close to the mouth still. Very timid, but not frightened by me. I pet her for a while until she started walking away, so I knew she was safe. Gave her a handful of cat kibble and went back inside.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alright, here's my MVC4 pitch. Everyone from UMVC3, and the new characters from MVCI.

Then add Nero, Carnage, OG Mega Man, Green Goblin, Psylocke, Gambit, Lady and M. Bison.
I’ll take those though I remember the developers in the MvC3 era saying they had trouble figuring out Silver Surfer’s moveset so I don’t know how Green Goblin would fair. I know he’s not attached but a good chunk of his identity comes from the glider. That aside, what do you think of my roster?
Posted before but since the topic has been brought back up, here’s my ideal MvC roster:
Black Panther
Black Widow
Cable
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel (Kamela Khan)
Daredevil
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Falcon
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man (alt. War Machine)
Juggernaut
Loki
Magneto
Mr. Fantastic (assisted by the rest of the Fantasic 4)
Phoenix
Rocket Raccoon/Groot
Scarlet Witch
Sentinel
Spider-Man
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Storm
Taskmaster
Thanos
Thor
Ultron
Venom
Vision
Wasp
Wolverine
Amaterasu
Arthur
Akuma
Asura
Captain Commando
Chris Redfield (alt. Leon Kennedy)
Chun-Li
Dante
Felicia
Firebrand
Frank West
Guile
Hsein-Ko.
Jedah
Jill Valentine
M. Bison
Mega Man (MM11)
Mike Haggar
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nathan Spencer
Nemesis
Nero
Phoenix Wright
Roll (MM11)
Ryu
Sakura
Sigma
Strider Hiryu
Tron Bonne
Vergil
Viewtiful Joe
Wesker
X
Zero

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Nero gets added to a Capcom Fighting game, he will be the first, last, and only grappler character I ever touch.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Nero gets added to a Capcom Fighting game, he will be the first, last, and only grappler character I ever touch.
Play more grapplers.

You'll have more fun.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gotta remind myself to get Devil May Cry 5. Just gotta get 4 first but its nowhere in any of my local video game stores. I'll have to resort to Amazon I guess.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are we allowed to talk about ROMs here?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah Opo...

For realsies, I'm frankly surprised you didn't get bitten.

Those little critters are temperamental.
I've dealt with a lot of wild animals over the years lol. Been on the receiving end of more claws and teeth than I'd like to admit too lol.

After a while you kinda get a feel for how far is too far.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd play them more if all of them were giant-*** donkey kong looking guys that were three times the height of everyone else.
That's half the appeal.

You're huge and intimidating.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Are we allowed to talk about ROMs here?
Depends what you mean by talking about them. Obviously linking to them is a no-go, but I'd imagine just talking about how to run them in an emulator or whatever is probably okay.

edit: ****, I wasted my 10,000th post on this? Um... Go play Etrian Odyssey, nerds :foe!:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Depends what you mean by talking about them. Obviously linking to them is a no-go, but I'd imagine just talking about how to run them in an emulator or whatever is probably okay.
So, I can't ask about good PS1 emulators?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
All it takes is plenty of time, money, and effort.
Which is limited and finite, Sakurai himself admitted it was lucky that Ultimate was even possible as he took quite an undertaking and he still had to make cuts and concessions in areas just to achieve it. MvC would have 30 characters on top of that, which would be even more demanding on the development team since that's many more characters to negotiate, design, implement, develop, and balance for on top of the ones they already have to update from the previous game, and that's ignoring the fact that a fair chunk exist only in sprite form and thus would have to get redesigned for 3D.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it shouldn't be downplayed how much time and resources would go into such a game. If Capcom did it they would have to invest a lot into the game to make it possible, and that's not something to take lightly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd play them more if all of them were giant-*** donkey kong looking guys that were three times the height of everyone else.

(Or not Laura from SFV)
Proving once again why Killer Instinct is the best fighting game ever made, Kan-Ra and Hisako are both grapplers. Hisako is a japanese ghost girl, Kan-Ra is a 3000 year-old mummy that isn't really a mummy, and both of them are twiggy as ****

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I feel like I’ve don’t really have a problem with the input lag in Ultimate. It takes some time getting used to, and would be bothersome in the beginning if you are used to Smash 4 (Like I was). Sure it’s controversial (At least on reddit, and some pros) but it never went against to how I played, and I usually don’t make unintentional moves because of it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone wanna play an Ultimate lobby?

I'm feeling like playing characters I don't normally play.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I can't ask about good PS1 emulators?
As far as I know, emulator talk is fine since those aren't inherently illegal. You just can't discuss where to illegally download ROMs.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So I have this trap door in the floor of my enclosed porch that leads to under the house, right? I use it to feed the stray cats around here so they have someplace safe to eat/so that they'd stop killing the flying squirrels. It's under the radar so the HOA doesn't throw a fit lol.

But opossums and raccoons tend to show up too. One night a skunk even did, but that's beside the point. Anywho, so the past few weeks the opossums had been coming back after having not shown up for a few months. One of them seemed frightened tonight by something and was just kinda sitting in the corner. If I had to guess it may have been spooked by the giant small-dog-sized raccoon that shows up sometimes. Anywho, it was kinda scared, so I walked over to it and started petting her tail. Far enough from the teeth that I could gauge a reaction without getting bit. Because my god, if you've never been bit by an opossum, let me tell you...it hurts badly. I was rehabbing a baby one about eight years ago now and she got my hand when I was giving her a bit of an apple on a stick, and my god she drew a lot of blood. Liked the apple though.

So anyway, when I pet her tail she actually got LESS tense, so I started petting her back, never getting too close to the mouth still. Very timid, but not frightened by me. I pet her for a while until she started walking away, so I knew she was safe. Gave her a handful of cat kibble and went back inside.
Wholesome Possums.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If there exists pony-tail grappler girl, this would appeal to all my tastes.

But there isn't, and I'm sad.

(Actually, there is that female fighter in DFO and her sublcasses, but that's an MMO Beat-Em-Up more than an FG)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If there exists pony-tail grappler girl, this would appeal to all my tastes.

But there isn't, and I'm sad.
Be careful. A genie will hear this and add a horse with an opposable tail to a fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom