• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don’t share this often, because oddly enough I sometimes forget what I started with, but I figure now might be a good time. Some people may know this about me, but certainly not all.

When I was born, it was by no means an expected process. By that I mean, I was a few weeks early. Every day, how my mom has told me, i’d have like a daily hiccup. One day, I didn’t.

My mom was rushed to the hospital, and they performed a C-Section. Out came a dead baby. Luckily, that baby was revived from the grave, and was then kept in the hospital for further testing. The following day, another episode hit, and this one basically screwed me up and I lost my kidney.

What I had, up until age 10, was called Wolff Parkinson White syndrome, which causes the heart to send misfired electrical signals and can cause the heart to beat up to 200 beats per minute. Until I was ten, I would have a occasional episode where my heart would race, and then i’d have to chill out (literally) and put a bag of frozen veggies on my forehead. It was stressful.

When I was 10, the doctors corrected the WPW with what is called a cardiac ablation, which results in a cutting off of the electrical signals. It was weird, put these cameras and wires into me and ZAPPED it.

Incidentally, when I was young, doctors felt my hand-eye coordination and attention span were low, so they prescribed me video games. I started with a SEGA Genesis. I started with TMNT, X-Men, Sonic, and Barney or all games. Later, I got the glorious N64, so on and so on. As if I have any hand-eye issues now!

Then the Scoliosis, then that was done. Wore a brace for 2 years during high school. That’s where I got my nickname that I use here.

I also used that for when I played NHL online with the EASports Hockey League. I was ranked #1 for save percentage among goalie players for 3 years in a row. Worldwide.

I rarely have issues, if any, with my heart. I’ll need an operation on my back at some point, probably in the next 5-10 years. I have occasional pain, but it’s nothing debilitating. You can hardly tell it’s crooked by looking at me, but it’s almost 60 degrees curved. That’s normally “pole in the back” territory.

I’ve spent my early teaching career trying to get students to stand up for what they believe in and to not forget where they come from. But I find that, personally, I hadn’t reflected on how far i’ve come until I looked at this thread and “complimenting myself”. I arguably shouldn’t even be here, yet I have students preparing themselves to present on their projects at the college I attended in about a month, all because I somehow inspired them to do it.

Their topics cover sexual assault, toxic masculinity, gender inequality...big time topics. It’s more of less what i’ve always wanted to do: be the change I want to see in the world. I doubted my actual impact one day. My co-teacher told me she felt I was changing the world, just one student at a time. It’s not just books we cover, but the ideas that we read, or get from the stories of the many different people of the world.

It seems all like nothing today. But I had a realization. Somehow, someway, i’m still here and still doing what I wanted. Do I wish I had more time to game? Certainly. But the stories I get the experience as it is have changed my life in ways i’ve never expected.

Who knows how many lives i’ve changed?

Basically, you’re here to do something amazing. At least, I think i’m here for that. Your outlook dictates the outcome, and you can’t lose sight of that.

Well, that and being kind to whoever you come across.

And doing the best you can, when you can. That’s something my grandmother, who was also an English teacher told me. She passed away this past summer. It was one of the hardest things to deal with in my life. But i’ve made it, and i’m still going.

You can’t give up, no matter what. Even if you still want to be a Super Mario, Legendary Hero, Phantom Thief at 26 years old like me, there’s always a need for someone like that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I saw it with my cousin and aunt. I thought the ending was predictable and I have zero interest in Winnie the Pooh to form an attachment with these characters. It probably means more to someone who grew up with the series. I just thought it was cute.
As someone who grew up with Pooh...

Lonely Pooh broke my heart.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Now I'm curious.:dr^_^:
Nah don't worry, you'll see the whole thing when I'm done. I just forgot to clear the list I was working on before quoting other posts. Please wait warmly~

Wait what.

I really wanna know what you said now, haha.
In due time! I meant to respond to a post, but forgot I still had a WIP and posted it without revising. I dun goofed.

D

Deleted member

I don’t share this often, because oddly enough I sometimes forget what I started with, but I figure now might be a good time. Some people may know this about me, but certainly not all.

When I was born, it was by no means an expected process. By that I mean, I was a few weeks early. Every day, how my mom has told me, i’d have like a daily hiccup. One day, I didn’t.

My mom was rushed to the hospital, and they performed a C-Section. Out came a dead baby. Luckily, that baby was revived from the grave, and was then kept in the hospital for further testing. The following day, another episode hit, and this one basically screwed me up and I lost my kidney.

What I had, up until age 10, was called Wolff Parkinson White syndrome, which causes the heart to send misfired electrical signals and can cause the heart to beat up to 200 beats per minute. Until I was ten, I would have a occasional episode where my heart would race, and then i’d have to chill out (literally) and put a bag of frozen veggies on my forehead. It was stressful.

When I was 10, the doctors corrected the WPW with what is called a cardiac ablation, which results in a cutting off of the electrical signals. It was weird, put these cameras and wires into me and ZAPPED it.

Incidentally, when I was young, doctors felt my hand-eye coordination and attention span were low, so they prescribed me video games. I started with a SEGA Genesis. I started with TMNT, X-Men, Sonic, and Barney or all games. Later, I got the glorious N64, so on and so on. As if I have any hand-eye issues now!

Then the Scoliosis, then that was done. Wore a brace for 2 years during high school. That’s where I got my nickname that I use here.

I also used that for when I played NHL online with the EASports Hockey League. I was ranked #1 for save percentage among goalie players for 3 years in a row. Worldwide.

I rarely have issues, if any, with my heart. I’ll need an operation on my back at some point, probably in the next 5-10 years. I have occasional pain, but it’s nothing debilitating. You can hardly tell it’s crooked by looking at me, but it’s almost 60 degrees curved. That’s normally “pole in the back” territory.

I’ve spent my early teaching career trying to get students to stand up for what they believe in and to not forget where they come from. But I find that, personally, I hadn’t reflected on how far i’ve come until I looked at this thread and “complimenting myself”. I arguably shouldn’t even be here, yet I have students preparing themselves to present on their projects at the college I attended in about a month, all because I somehow inspired them to do it.

Their topics cover sexual assault, toxic masculinity, gender inequality...big time topics. It’s more of less what i’ve always wanted to do: be the change I want to see in the world. I doubted my actual impact one day. My co-teacher told me she felt I was changing the world, just one student at a time. It’s not just books we cover, but the ideas that we read, or get from the stories of the many different people of the world.

It seems all like nothing today. But I had a realization. Somehow, someway, i’m still here and still doing what I wanted. Do I wish I had more time to game? Certainly. But the stories I get the experience as it is have changed my life in ways i’ve never expected.

Basically, you’re here to do something amazing. At least, I think i’m here for that. Your outlook dictates the outcome, and you can’t lose sight of that.

And doing the best you can, when you can. That’s something my grandmother, who was also an English teacher told me. She passed away this past summer. It was one of the hardest things to deal with in my life. But i’ve made it, and i’m still going.

You can’t give up, no matter what. Even if you still want to be a Super Mario, Legendary Hero, Phantom Thief at 26 years old like me, there’s always a need for someone like that.
w h a t

I don’t even know what to say. o-o

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ya know, Sonic games have a problem.

They have a lot of characters. They keep making more and I think that's a bit of a problem because there are a lot of characters that are underutilized.

I think Sonic should focus on these characters for a while without adding any more. I'm not saying cram them in every game, but they should be the focus for now.

The cast should stick to...

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles

Shadow
Rouge
Omega

Amy
Cream
Big

Espio
Charmy
Vector

Eggman
Metal Sonic

Blaze
Silver
Sticks

Yeah, I think that Sonic shouldn't expand beyond this cast for a while.

This is the cast of Sonic Heroes along with three popular Post Heroes characters.

I don't think anyone else should be added into the main cast. At least not yet.

Honorable mentions go to Mighty, Ray, and Infinite but I don't think they should make regular appearances right now.

What do you think? What should the main Sonic cast be?
This list sounds a lot like the idea I had for a Sonic fan game where the playable characters are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Cream and Blaze.

Needless to say, I approve of this concept.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Holy crap

You’re really radical

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What happened?

Did thoust ping me?

Did thoust confess thy love?
Things I'll never do:
1. Confess feelings or ask anyone out.
2. Being an asshat.

I have a better question.
Any bisexuals in here?
Come unite with me!
If it's any consolation, I'm the only straight guy in my offline group of friends. Does that count? :v

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yes, keep giving me info so one day I will usurp and impersonate Uncle Dave
I mean, I can't wait to try out the new N-Zap, AeroSpray, and the Sploosh

Yeah those weapons look fun!!
He’s military trained with enough firearms to survive four zombie apocalypses and 7 really big protective dogs. You’re going to do no such thing.

D

Deleted member

Wow man. I didn’t expect to see something like this today but this is legit inspiring. I would have never thought you were born with such problems, but the fact that you managed to push through is motivational to say the least.
I feel like we have a tendency to assume that our influence is inherently limited, that your average joe can never make a big change in the world. To an extent, maybe that is true, but as you say, you have to be the change you want to see. Every individual does have the ability to make change, and I’m glad w heave poepl like you to teach them.

D

Deleted member

Thank you! You are amazing too!
I am glad you are doing well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom