• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The whole "flipside" thing doesn't really do anything for me, and the platforming looks as basic as basic could possibly be.
Not to be the guy who tries to impose an opinion onto others

But so far I saw a maze-like fortress, places that require you to make makeshift platforms and segments that have you manipulate enemy movement to progress and/or discover secrets. How is this any more basic than a say the New SMB games or even Donkey Kong Country?

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post: double-post
Today I've learned that this might actually be the worst lyrics in music.

Logic... I was a fan of you, man. C'mon.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
How would it work with local multiplayer?
Split screen

But so far I saw a maze-like fortress, places that require you to make makeshift platforms and segments that have you manipulate enemy movement to progress and/or discover secrets. How is this any more basic than a say the New SMB games or even Donkey Kong Country?
Now you've gone and done it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Well, therein lies the problem, does it not? Sure, the "flipside" thing, as Jai described it, adds some depth, but when you look past that and think about it in the way you described, it's really just more of the same. Certainly a good game, but nothing that does much to break the mold of platformers.

D

Deleted member

You need an IQ of over 200 to kek epically, Tots.
View attachment 201838
goddamn i love dagas

he has one of the best rare blade designs, one of the funnier blade quests, and (post-quest) is even useful in battle through postgame (which is something most rare blades can't say, especially with dlc) because of kaiser zone being pretty busted in fusion combo setups

what a beast

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
It can’t be that simple, I feel like it’d take a bit of overhaul for it to work outside of handheld.
Racing games and Arena Fighters have been using Split Screen for local multiplayer for more than a decade.

D

Deleted member

It can’t be that simple, I feel like it’d take a bit of overhaul for it to work outside of handheld.
They could make it turn based.

Now don't get me wrong, you do some impressive things in Tropical Freeze, but if my boi's game can also do things like that why is it not acknowledged as such? It comes off as extremely unfair...
Simply having things that aren't "conventional" in platformers isn't enough. As far as I can tell, Crafted World doesn't do much note-worthy with its pseudo 3D design.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Game. Take the first word in the last text you sent, enter that word into the Nintendo wiki search bar. The first search result is the next Smash Character.

My word was "Hey". My result was "Hey You, Pikachu!" so the N64 VRU is now in Smash.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I vividly remember this mother ****** and I swear to god his side quest did NOT need to be as long as it was.
I like Dagas though. He was a well-written counterpart to Sheba, who was just... completely intolerable >_>

goddamn i love dagas

he has one of the best rare blade designs, one of the funnier blade quests, and (post-quest) is even useful in battle through postgame because of kaiser zone being pretty busted in fusion combo setups

what a beast
Dagas is such a lovable douche and it's honestly really cool to see him in action. Helps he's one of the best examples of a Jerk with a Heart of Gold that I've seen in media.

You have way too much time on your hands
Not sure if compliment :v

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wot if your legs didn't know that they were legs?
My first time getting high I thought mine were trying to float away from me so I kept grabbing them with my hands to keep them down.

Does that count?

D

Deleted member

I like Dagas though. He was a well-written counterpart to Sheba, who was just... completely intolerable >_>
Oh no, Dagas was great, just man, that side quest was something. It isn't like that one ***** with the polar bear, THAT was bad.

Speaking of Sheba, now I know why she got a bathtub, ***** needs it whenever a single female is even five feet near.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Some random student came up to the desk where I work and asked to see the elevator inspection form. Wouldn't say why or explain anything other than his name and that he was a student.

I don't normally work this shift, and it's been freaking weird the entire time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Game. Take the first word in the last text you sent, enter that word into the Nintendo wiki search bar. The first search result is the next Smash Character.

My word was "Hey". My result was "Hey You, Pikachu!" so the N64 VRU is now in Smash.
My word was “Hug” and so.. I guess... we’re getting an IHUGU Rep...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just realize that if they added Sceptile and Zoroark we'd have a single Pokemon from every generation other than Sword and Sheild.

Are there any Gen 2 Pokemon they could add that would be better than Pichu?

D

Deleted member

Let's let people talk about getting high and stuff, but god forbid someone says the word "********".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom