• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
the one and only

also it's that time again

View attachment 200317

while i don't quite believe it, there's some interesting stuff here - for one, it's not a switch port, and fem!joker being a different character ('ace') would explain the inconsistency in 'jane's' smash costume position: jane is skin 6 but you'd expect the costumes to be alternating between male/female (0m, 1f, 2m [...] 6m) as seen with corrin, robin, WFT etc, but actually splitting them into different characters like olimar/alph means you'd have a more solid split between 0-3 as male joker and 4-7 as female

also i like the parallel between 'joker' being the wildcard and 'ace' being the ace in the hole
I don't buy it, at least not fully, but making Fem!Joker her own character with her own code name (and presumably her own thief outfit) would be pretty damn cool, and fits with the previous time we got a female protag, as Minako is most certainly not just a genderbent Minato.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I don't buy it, at least fully, but making Fem!Joker her own character with her own code name (and presumably her own thief outfit) would be pretty damn cool, and fits with the previous time we got a female protag, as Minako is most certainly not just a genderbent Minato.
at any rate we don't have long to wait to find out if it's real, the leaker was pretty ballsy by just straight up putting a "it's available for prepurchase today" at the end which says to me this is meant to be something thrown out almost immediately after the japanese reveal

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It wouldn't be a first, considering Persona 3 Portable is a thing (though I guess it was only after FES).
I dunno Persona 5 Switchable doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well, lol.

the one and only

View attachment 200317

while i don't quite believe it, there's some interesting stuff here - for one, it's not a switch port, and fem!joker being a different character ('ace') would explain the inconsistency in 'jane's' smash costume position: jane is skin 6 but you'd expect the costumes to be alternating between male/female (0m, 1f, 2m [...] 6m) as seen with corrin, robin, WFT etc, but actually splitting them into different characters like olimar/alph means you'd have a more solid split between 0-3 as male joker and 4-7 as female

also i like the parallel between 'joker' being the wildcard and 'ace' being the ace in the hole
Small correction, while it's "c06," I believe it's actually her 7th costume due to it starting at c00. At least, that's what I've been told.

Also, this sounds bat**** insane wish-fulfillment with extraordinarily accurate datails, so hey, I guess it's all or nothing either way.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
the one and only

View attachment 200317

Rie Tanaka? You'd think they'd pick a new voice actress for a new protagonist.

I think it's fake anyway but that part sticked out to me for some reason.

D

Deleted member

Week 3

I'm shortening the format because not gonna lie screenshotting everything is kinda boring.
I expected this sim to have more, but I guess not.

Still beats the monotony of Hunger Games in my opinion though.

Parts 4 - 15 tomorrow since I'm tired and need to go to bed now.

Good night all!
The Total Drama one is pretty much the same deal. Kinda wished they went a bit more into the events.
I dunno Persona 5 Switchable doesn't quite roll off the tongue as well, lol.

Small correction, while it's "c06," I believe it's actually her 7th costume due to it starting at c00. At least, that's what I've been told.

Also, this sounds bat**** insane wish-fulfillment with extraordinarily accurate datails, so hey, I guess it's all or nothing either way.
The teaser trailer featured Akechi if I remember correctly, I would imagine him being mentioned specifically having a more prominent role.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also looks like people found what looks like a vaguely fem!mc looking model in the base persona 5?

it's all coming to a head lemme tell ya

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Rie Tanaka? You'd think they'd pick a new voice actress for a new protagonist.

I think it's fake anyway but that part sticked out to me for some reason.
Well, Rie Tanaka wasn't in P5, so I think it would still count as new, or at least new enough.

Erin Fitzgerald was, though. She was the voice of Wakaba.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The Total Drama one is pretty much the same deal. Kinda wished they went a bit more into the events.

The teaser trailer featured Akechi if I remember correctly, I would imagine him being mentioned specifically having a more prominent role.
Did it? Just seemed like a bunch of Tokyo to me.
Well, outside the Japanese speaking, not sure what he's saying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rewatching Infinity War after seeing all the memes it spawned made it really hard not to think of all them memes

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
She was the voice of Wakaba.
atlus USA reusing voice actors isn't too uncommon - laura bailey was both 3's female protagonist and rise, matt mercer voiced kanji after 4 golden and then went on to do yusuke, and of course you have johnny yong bosch voicing both 4's protagonist and adachi in the best localisation decision ever

i don't know if there's a precedent for atlus japan doing it though

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

You mean the teaser trailer announcing they'd talk about P5R in March? Because if so, Akechi was not in that. Only Joker was in that trailer, and even then, he only appeared by voice.
atlus USA reusing voice actors isn't too uncommon - laura bailey was both 3's female protagonist and rise, matt mercer voiced kanji after 4 golden and then went on to do yusuke, and of course you have johnny yong bosch voicing both 4's protagonist and adachi in the best localisation decision ever

So far? I dunno. I looked up Rie Tanaka, and the only role she's credited for as far as Persona goes is Mitsuru. She's never been used for anything else in Persona, apparently.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
also looks like people found what looks like a vaguely fem!mc looking model in the base persona 5?

very smol Fem!Joker.

Also, some guy posted what appeared to be concept art of her.

I dunno about where this fits in. On one hand, it's gotten far along in development for someone to be told "Hey, make a model of this design I made." but at the same time, I can't see it being her day-to-day outfit or her phantom thief outfit either. Honestly, seems more like a Dancing outfit.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
very smol Fem!Joker.

Also, some guy posted what appeared to be concept art of her.

I dunno about where this fits in. On one hand, it's gotten far along in development for someone to be told "Hey, make a model of this design I made." but at the same time, I can't see it being her day-to-day outfit or her phantom thief outfit either. Honestly, seems more like a Dancing outfit.
with this and also the early concept art of the original p5 protagonists being both male and female, it seems to me like fem!joker was something they wanted to do from day 1 but just never found the time for

D

Deleted member

Did it? Just seemed like a bunch of Tokyo to me.
Well, outside the Japanese speaking, not sure what he's saying.
You mean the teaser trailer announcing they'd talk about P5R in March? Because if so, Akechi was not in that. Only Joker was in that trailer, and even then, he only appeared by voice.

So far? I dunno. I looked up Rie Tanaka, and the only role she's credited for as far as Persona goes is Mitsuru. She's never been used for anything else in Persona, apparently.
Weird, thought seeing him. (Or just confused the idea of an hypothesized new route with him that I read somewhere)

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Finally, I did it.

Strago travels to higher ground.

Duster attacks Farmer with a shotgun, but she manages to escape.

Thanos Police Officers fishes.

Charlotte defeats Thanoscopter in a fight, but spares his life.

Lobo the Duck injures himself.

Mewtwo dies from an infection.

Corrin questions her sanity.

Etika injures himself.

Barte strangles Sans after engaging in a fist fight.

Nicktendo goes hunting.

Edea Lee is pricked by thorns while picking berries.

Eclipsa Butterfly receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

General Grievous overhears Robin Hood and Chill Penguin talking in the distance.

Dorothy Gale, K. Rool, Albert Wesker, and Captain Commando hunt for other tributes.

Geno stalks Negan.
1.jpeg

2.jpeg
To start, I know this wasn't worth the wait. I apologize, it's late for me, and for these two particular drawings I had trouble with both. Mewtwo's anatomy gave me a hard time, and I didn't quite know where to put an infected wound on him and how to portray it. The Sans death was just figuring out a good pose and how to draw Bartre's armor. I also wanted to give Sans a good expression, in particular I looked to his getting hit animation to reference it. I'm going to get some rest and wake up early because my posture has been terrible and my neck hurts. It'll be 4 and a half hours, but I feel I can be more productive and efficient if I can get some energy and give my neck a break. I know this has been a bad start, I hope you guys bear with me regardless.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Elizabeth's voice actress also voices Chidori, but they're both side characters so I don't think it counts.

Junpei and Sojiro's voice actors also lend their voices to Persona 2 party members Eikichi and Baofu but that can be chalked up to P2 characters not being open for reusing.

Also there is stuff like P3 Hero/Ryoji/Pharos thing but that goes without saying.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I agree it could very likely be a female protag model, but allow me to play devil's advocate and post a point I made in a Discord server.

D2TGixBX4AAZJZq.jpg large.jpeg

When you look at it from a certain angle, her hairstyle looks pretty similar to Joker's. But, considering this was found in the PS3 version, there's something we have to consider.

As we all know, P5 was initially developed as a PS3 exclusive, before the delays caused them to start developing for the PS4. as well.

So, considering this is a model tucked away where nobody would find it, in the first version of the game they started developing, this could just be a beta model they never got rid of.

D

Deleted member

Finally, I did it.

Etika injures himself.

Nicktendo goes hunting.

General Grievous overhears Robin Hood and Chill Penguin talking in the distance.

Dorothy Gale, K. Rool, Albert Wesker, and Captain Commando hunt for other tributes.

Geno stalks Negan.
To start, I know this wasn't worth the wait. I apologize, it's late for me, and for these two particular drawings I had trouble with both. Mewtwo's anatomy gave me a hard time, and I didn't quite know where to put an infected wound on him and how to portray it. The Sans death was just figuring out a good pose and how to draw Bartre's armor. I also wanted to give Sans a good expression, in particular I looked to his getting hit animation to reference it. I'm going to get some rest and wake up early because my posture has been terrible and my neck hurts. It'll be 4 and a half hours, but I feel I can be more productive and efficient if I can get some energy and give my neck a break. I know this has been a bad start, I hope you guys bear with me regardless.
I love the drawings!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Finally, I did it.

Etika injures himself.

Nicktendo goes hunting.

Geno stalks Negan.
Ah, now I see why you wanted physical characters. Kinda tough to visualize Yoshi's black hole of a stomach being represented :yoshi:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
with this and also the early concept art of the original p5 protagonists being both male and female, it seems to me like fem!joker was something they wanted to do from day 1 but just never found the time for
Probably cause they didn't want to delay the game until Winter 2020, lol.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I agree it could very likely be a female protag model, but allow me to play devil's advocate and post a point I made in a Discord server.

View attachment 200324

When you look at it from a certain angle, her hairstyle looks pretty similar to Joker's. But, considering this was found in the PS3 version, there's something we have to consider.

As we all know, P5 was initially developed as a PS3 exclusive, before the delays caused them to start developing for the PS4. as well.

So, considering this is a model tucked away where nobody would find it, in the first version of the game they started developing, this could just be a beta model they never got rid of.
sure, and i don't think a potential female joker would look exactly like this - but i do think it signals that the intent was originally there, and if they do give 5 another pass it would suggest that they'd prioritise trying to add in what they'd originally planned

KMDP

Smash Legend
Finally, I did it.

Etika injures himself.

Nicktendo goes hunting.

Geno stalks Negan.
I knew this is what you were going to do. :laugh:

The art looks fine, don't worry.

Bartre strangling Sans is hilarious.
Etika injures himself.
He got over-hyped again.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Finally, I did it.

Etika injures himself.

Nicktendo goes hunting.

Geno stalks Negan.
This is pretty good. Certainly better than I could do. And I like this. It's a neat way to add some character to your run of this game.

Don't pressure yourself too hard.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Her hair looks very similar. Really wish she had textures.

bubble-holdit.gif

We just might. In the Twitter thread Gentlepanda posted, apparently someone found the UVs for this model, and did a quick application job.

D2UEfUiX0AAfOF8.jpg large.jpeg

And behold, the result.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Director also mentioned he wanted add gender options from the start in previous games.

Only P3 got one in its second remake, because what they want to make is adding a whole other protagonist, not just the gender flipped version of each other.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
dear god please do not be a final costume
Seems like it's just a modeled out version of the concept art, not anything final.

If (and this is a pretty big if here) they decide to dedicate a large amount of time making F!Joker, she would most likely have a normal school uniform and a phantom thief outfit. This design will either be scrapped, relegated to her "casual wear" or just be a Dancing in Moonlight thing.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
the one and only

View attachment 200317

Am I nailing the smug aura, chief?
20190323_004340.jpg

D

Deleted member

the one and only

View attachment 200317

Hold up, famalam.

Can you even pre-purchase on the PS4? I ain't buying this at all since text leaks are always small and to the point, but I could've sworn you couldn't pre-purchase on the PS Store.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hold up, famalam.

Can you even pre-purchase on the PS4? I ain't buying this at all since text leaks are always small and to the point, but I could've sworn you couldn't pre-purchase on the PS Store.
You most certainly can. I've pre-purchased plenty of games before.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hold up, famalam.

i pre-ordered the original persona 5, but not that far in advance - certainly not a whole half-year in advance

Am I nailing the smug aura, chief?
View attachment 200327
【hyper smug】

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Oh boy, I guess it's almost Persona o'clock. I'm excited insofar as I've not played the game, but plan to, and hope the announcement will be for some new version that I can start with instead, be it on Switch or PS4.

But I ain't gonna be able to wait for it right now. Got sleeps to do. Goodnight all.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also if this 'ace' leak is real then then man they gotta stop naming p5 protagonists after batman villains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom