• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random question: Do you refrain from using your most wanted character as your avatar so you don’t look biased when trying to argue about that character’s chances?

I ask this as I just switched to an unamused Banjo pic lol.
Don't need to worry about that when your avatar has no chance in the first place.

And just like Sigma, I have come back at an inconvenient time despite being thought dead and to the annoyance of all present.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys
I made a mock-up stage selection with the 5 missing stages and stage builder
0B08BDC4-064B-4B2F-ABF9-2B7F899D5C54.jpeg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hey guys, is the BoTW DLC worth it? I beat the game a couple of weeks ago, and I had a lot of fun, but I heard that it was... disappointing?

Was it really?
BOTW's DLC is a mixed bag. I definitely don't regret buying it but I can see how other Nintendo DLCs have been better value for money (Mario Kart 8) or have added something that the main game was missing (Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion). BOTW's DLC is generally more of the same, so it depends what you're looking for in it. I'll list the pros and cons here:

Pros:
+ The Trial of the Sword is good. Really good. It's like those gauntlet dungeons from Wind Waker and Twilight Princess but much better, as the nature of BOTW's combat means that you have to think a lot more strategically. If you enjoyed Eventide, you'll enjoy this.
+ The Champion's Ballad adds what is probably the best boss in the entire Zelda series
+ The DLC adds a few useful items and features like Hero's Path, which is good for tracking where you have and haven't been (good for tracking down remaining Koroks)
+ The new shrines are all pretty good quality. No rehashed 'a major trial of strength' shrines here.
+ If you like Zelda fanservice, the armour sets are pretty fun and I enjoyed tracking them down
+ The prize for beating the Champion's Ballad is a load of fun

Cons:
- It really doesn't add much more to the story. You do get some more cutscenes, but I don't think they really address the issues many people had with BOTW's story.
- While cool, the armour sets aren't very practical: you can't upgrade them, meaning they'll only be useful early/mid game in any subsequent runthroughs
- As stated above, a lot of the DLC boils down to stuff that's more of the same. Sick of shrines? Well too bad, cos The Champion's Ballad is largely based on them (even if they are good quality shrines). Want cutscenes that progress the story in the modern day? Tough luck.
- I haven't experienced Master Mode myself yet (just started a save file before Ultimate came out), but I've heard mixed things about it. It gives enemies regenerating health, which sounds like it could make some fights quite tedious. Of what little I've experienced so far, it's discouraged me from fighting at all.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also I came up with a nerd wedding song that will never actually play at a wedding neither I nor anyone else will ever be in.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Someone quick drop the name of a FE female that would work for a lewd drawing.
Im uncreative today :V
How about a not lewd drawing so you can share it with the class here?

Maybe one with Severa in it because she's the best.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom