• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Actually I'm pretty sure I am on the spectrum.
I've learned to understand why people don't always share my opinion but I find it VERY difficult to understand most other opinions

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I only found I out I had aspergers very recently, not too many people know about it. But I’m ok with it !!
I only found out about 3 years ago. I was kinda sad when I found out as I always struggled socially, but I got over it eventually and it is definitely cool to be here with people like me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I've never been diagnosed with autism, but I wonder, sometimes.
I do, however, have OCD (and clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder).

But the OCD is definitely the reason I latch on to things and spiral into a dramatic mess. I see something that triggers it, and then it spirals and spirals and spirals in my head until something breaks

My compulsions are usually invisible. In other words, when something triggers my OCD, I self-check over, and over, and over, and over, and over again for a long time. Sometimes, they're visible in that I have to confess or drop hints or vent obsessively. That's what happened the other day- I saw a bunch of people get promoted, and not me, and so of course I felt a little jealous, but then I shamed myself for feeling jealous, and beat myself up over it in a circular argument in my head for a day or two, and then I got infracted so I ended up losing my ability to keep myself composed

There are other things I have OCD about, and honestly it could be anything at any given moment, such as randomly suddenly caring about if people hate me for petty reasons, or my relationship, or even the position of my new earring.

Anyway I don't know why I said all that but there you go have a look at the inner me

D

Deleted member

I've never been diagnosed with autism, but I wonder, sometimes.
I do, however, have OCD (and clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder).

But the OCD is definitely the reason I latch on to things and spiral into a dramatic mess. I see something that triggers it, and then it spirals and spirals and spirals in my head until something breaks

My compulsions are usually invisible. In other words, when something triggers my OCD, I self-check over, and over, and over, and over, and over again for a long time. Sometimes, they're visible in that I have to confess or drop hints or vent obsessively. That's what happened the other day- I saw a bunch of people get promoted, and not me, and so of course I felt a little jealous, but then I shamed myself for feeling jealous, and beat myself up over it in a circular argument in my head for a day or two, and then I got infracted so I ended up losing my ability to keep myself composed

There are other things I have OCD about, and honestly it could be anything at any given moment, such as randomly suddenly caring about if people hate me for petty reasons, or my relationship, or even the position of my new earring.

Anyway I don't know why I said all that but there you go have a look at the inner me
Ok.
I found myself feeling similar stuff during the past days, as weird as it may sound.

Would you be fine if I saved your post into my Ipad annotations to use it in the future?

I feel like I may have to share it with one of my doctors the next time I see her, since the post literally describes stuff I felt during the past days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom