• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah...
Being on the spectrum, myself, it's nice to see some representation like that
Especially on a kid's show. That doesn't happen very often.
The only other one I can think of is an episode of Arthur...
Yeah I have some autism myself, so I’m it’s nice that Sesame Street is trying to spread awareness.

Autism kinda sucks though because then I do stupid stuff that worked out better in my head.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I have some autism myself, so I’m it’s nice that Sesame Street is trying to spread awareness.

Autism kinda sucks though because then I do stupid stuff that worked out better in my head.
Wow, there's so many of us on the spectrum! And I totally feel you about that second thing.
And there's something wrong with any of these?
it's just not right, okay

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
ask yourself that again, and think very carefully
I find nothing wrong with either. Don't be that person and say "SMARTPHONE BAD!!!" or something, I already hear that enough from 50 year olds lol
And as far as rap goes, why does that matter? Especially since they're pretty obviously not going into inappropriate subjects with it.
Rap's pretty great most of the time

I'm not a fan of like... violence/drugs lyrics in general but there's a ton of rap out there that isn't like that.

And as the typical hypocrite does, I listen to old rock music too which tends to be just as bad lol

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wow, there's so many of us on the spectrum! And I totally feel you about that second thing.

it's just not right, okay
Not to mention me being paranoid about doing stupid stuff and me settings my standards for myself way too high also makes me feel bad.

Ok sorry, this kinda turned into a vent post.

D

Deleted member

I find nothing wrong with either. Don't be that person and say "SMARTPHONE BAD!!!" or something, I already hear that enough from 50 year olds lol
And as far as rap goes, why does that matter? Especially since they're pretty obviously not going into inappropriate subjects with it.
it doesn't feel right on SESAME STREET
even my little sisters are disappointed

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yup. Starting soon. Sorry this is taking me a while, I’m still trying to figure this out.
Got it, my apologies
wait, what?! I didn't know that. :3
Yup,

I was diagnosed with Asperger's at a young age...

I tend to latch on to certain topics, which is probably a major reason why I'm on these boards, so often

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
it doesn't feel right on SESAME STREET
even my little sisters are disappointed
O...kaaaaay

It’s not exactly staying true to the original Sesame Street characters.
Are we really gonna argue Sesame Street lore right now? Because I will.
It's 2019, I feel like it's appropriate for smartphones to be used in the show because they're virtually everywhere now.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Got it, my apologies

Yup,

I was diagnosed with high functioning Asperger's at a young age...

I tend to latch on to certain topics, which is probably a major reason why I'm on these boards, so often
No, don’t be sorry. You did nothing wrong.

For my autism, it’s relatively low functioning, but basically I just have brain farts a lot, if that makes any sense.
I can’t believe I just said “brain fart”

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Got it, my apologies

Yup,

I was diagnosed with high functioning Asperger's at a young age...

I feel you. I often question whether I can do something or not.

When I was young, I lost the ability to talk. It took a year or 2 to get me back on track.

D

Deleted member

O...kaaaaay

Are we really gonna argue Sesame Street lore right now? Because I will.
It's 2019, I feel like it's appropriate for smartphones to be used in the show because they're virtually everywhere now.
1. Sesame Street has very complex lore. :4pacman:
2. Nothing wrong with smartphones, but rap music and gangster Elmo doesn’t really work.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Wow, there's so many of us on the spectrum!
I'm actually surprised to hear this. Most people seem very normal.

As for myself: I was once tested and the psychologist said something along the lines of "He may have something but he's probably just different because he's extremely intelligent for his age, so to be sure, we'd have to do more tests."
To which my parents said no, because they didn't want me to grow up with a "label".

Years later it turned out that my Brother, my father and my aunt all had aspergers and my Brother also has ADHD.

So yeah I'm probably on the spectrum

D

Deleted member

I was diagnosed with autism at a young age, but I don't like to bring it up because it just makes me an easy target.

I'm not a fan of like... violence/drugs lyrics in general but there's a ton of rap out there that isn't like that.

And as the typical hypocrite does, I listen to old rock music too which tends to be just as bad lol
Yeah, it is pretty hypocritical as rock can be easily just as heavy in subject matter. Not that I mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom