• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
this might just be a side effect of me being a ****ing weeb but after listening to it i like japanese lifelight waaaaaay more then normal lifelight
Nah it’s not just you. I don’t care about anime at all, but I can agree the Japanese version is better.

D

Deleted member

Real answer? Yep.

Before financial situations beyond my control pushed me out, I spent three and a half years at Ohio State for an English major with creative writing, professional writing and linguistics as minors. I wanted to be an English teacher or professor in some way, whether it be a literature heavy course or a spelling/reading comprehension course.

Then none of that college went to anything because I went into tech instead and survived on climbing retail ladders and learning how marketing works on the fly. But at least none of my work emails have typos?
lol writing major

why use many word when few word do trick

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The truth comes out: Despite him being displayed prominently on my posts, I do not actually main Richter.

I play him a lot, but I'm not good enough with him to call him a main.
Your Richter and my Lucina should be friends.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
this might just be a side effect of me being a ****ing weeb but after listening to it i like japanese lifelight waaaaaay more then normal lifelight
Conversely most of the WarioWare songs sound better in English so it's kind of random what works and what doesn't

D

Deleted member

>Godzilla is too big for Smash.
>Indiana Jones is just Hat Han Solo.
>Emmet from The LEGO Movie is too ugly and weirdly animated for Smash.
>Samurai Jack would be another anime swordmen.
>Danny Phantom is forgotten even by Nickelodeon itself, so he is unlikely to appear in Smash due to obscurity.
>John Wick can’t be in because we already have too many humans.
>People only want Spongebob for the memes.
>Predator would be too gory for Smash.
>You can’t make Audrey II work since the character can’t move at all.
>Thanos is a lock because he is relevant.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do believe that they are going to tighten the stability of Arenas in later patches. One thing they do seem focused on is improving the online mode of this game, almost every patch had a fix/change on GSP, overall stability, and Prefered Rules. I wouldn't be surprised if Arenas were next.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My favorite use of that word is still in the movie Friday.
My favorite use of the word is in every 2000s anime that said "darn" on TV and "damn" in the uncut DVD release.

Because it always feels so forced and unnatural and unintentionally hilarious in an otherwise serious moment.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
lol writing major

why use many word when few word do trick
Primarily for the singular endeavour of duping those with rudimentary lexicons into surmising you inhabit the echelon of Shiny's most apotheosized archetypes: an intellectual.

When really you just know good words.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
My favorite use of the word is in every 2000s anime that said "darn" on TV and "damn" in the uncut DVD release.

Because it always feels so forced and unnatural and unintentionally hilarious in an otherwise serious moment.
Let's not forget it's greatest use

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
GODDAMNIT THAT'S SO MUCH BETTER.

WHY DID I FORGET THAT.
Tbf that isn't even my favourite example of forced bad language 4 da edge - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within had to show off its newfound edgy credentials by having the Prince call someone a ***** in the first five minutes

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Tbf that isn't even my favourite example of forced bad language 4 da edge - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within had to show off its newfound edgy credentials by having the Prince call someone a ***** in the first five minutes
Yeah but Shadow the Hedgehog holds a special place in my brother's and my lexicon. We quote it all the time.

Specifically all the lines with "damn" in them like he just learned his first cussword.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
but if KH is entirely owned by Disney doesn't that make Sora harder to get? by that logic Geno would be the easiest to get music for
Nope. Sora shouldn't be any harder nor easier then any other 3rd Party characters. He's still just a character to be licensed and views that Disney would be unwilling are baseless considering they've let Sora appear in Final Fantasy Record Keeper & World of Final Fantasy and let Thanos appear in Fortnite (and Disney would be a lot more protective of Thanos than Sora).

Since Kingdom Hearts' music is only owned by a single entity, it should be less problematic then any SE property which are owned by two or more entities. Disney would be the only one that would need to be okay with the agreement and not both Disney & Yoko Shimomura.
Super Mario RPG's music would require the okay from Nintendo, Square-Enix, and Yoko Shimomura as well as money to exchange hands between all three.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want to quickly share something that happened yesterday on Discord (Don’t worry, it isn’t anything bad like the case from February):

Ok, so I was browsing through a Geno Support Server I was in, and someone was suggesting the members to pass by a Shovel Knight Support one they linked. Since it seemed normal, I joined it.

You know what was the first thing that happened after I joined?
Some users who came a long time ago from the same Geno thread... Started saying that they were happy and proud of seeing me in.
One was even saying that he liked to talk with me on the Geno thread a lot.

Needless to say, I got a big smile on my face after reading those kind comments, more so after the stuff I dealt with the past month.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's honestly far more funnier if any peice of media tries so hard to be edgy than being overly censored to be a kids show. That's why so many forma of adult movies, games, and books end up being terrible because of the forced edgyness.

D

Deleted member

Nope. Sora shouldn't be any harder nor easier then any other 3rd Party characters. He's still just a character to be licensed and views that Disney would be unwilling are baseless considering they've let Sora appear in Final Fantasy Record Keeper & World of Final Fantasy and let Thanos appear in Fortnite (and Disney would be a lot more protective of Thanos than Sora).
Since Kingdom Hearts' music is only owned by a single entity, it should be less problematic then any SE property which are owned by two or more entities.
IIRC the genocidal grape was a timed event for the biggest game on the planet right now

That's a pretty big difference then Sora in Smash

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nobody:

Me:
Imagine if Pikachu said ass in Detective Pikachu and we'd all have to spoiler/link the trailer because of there being a "no-no word"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nobody:

Me:
Imagine if Pikachu said *** in Detective Pikachu and we'd all have to spoiler/link the trailer because of there being a "no-no word"
Because nobody said nothing that's a double negative so therefore everybody said something

Yes this needs to be brought up because I have 5000 iq and need to educate you non-gamers

Anyways where did the no-swear rule even come from lmao

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh yeah it’s surprisingly one of his best kill moves. Come out quick And has real good knockback. You were tough man. You put up a good fight.
Toad will get his revenge. Mark my words.

But thanks, it's fun fightin' you~

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Since Kingdom Hearts' music is only owned by a single entity, it should be less problematic then any SE property which are owned by two or more entities. Disney would be the only one that would need to be okay with the agreement and not both Disney & Yoko Shimomura.
Super Mario RPG's music would require the okay from Nintendo, Square-Enix, and Yoko Shimomura as well as money to exchange hands between all three.
Id say KH music would be really easy to get seeing how Yoko, has like, two songs already in smash. The main problem is what song to pick because they are all so good

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

but Thanos was a limited time thing which Sora wouldn't be. If he got in the game he would stay in the game so that's a pretty big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
IIRC the genocidal grape was a timed event for the biggest game on the planet right now

That's a pretty big difference then Sora in Smash
Yeah, but the principal is the same and shows Disney is willing to do licensing agreements for games.
Thanos is also more 'important' than Sora to Disney, so Sora would likely be easier to license, especially for a game that is still insanely popular and a well known company.

As I said, Sora is just another character that is not any more or less difficult to license than any other 3rd Party character.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There's a difference between negotiating with Capcom which lets their characters get used in anything ever and Disney where you have to get legal permission to draw 3 circles.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since Kingdom Hearts' music is only owned by a single entity, it should be less problematic then any SE property which are owned by two or more entities.
Kinda simplistic view of third-party relations. It also ignores that some companies are easier to play ball with than others (of which both Square and Disney rank towards the more difficult end), and that theoretically they might be able to bypass Square, but in practice, using KH content without Square's blessing and involvement is not a realistic scenario, especially in Japan - where that kind of thing would pretty disrespectful. Even Disney defers to Nomura and the team over some KH stuff.

Also, Disney is not going to treat a series featuring characters like Mickey and the Frozen cast the same way it would its Marvel or Star Wars properties. I'm not saying Sora couldn't make it, just that to imply it's equal footing is disingenuous.

I imagine Sora would be much more difficult to acquire than the majority of alternatives. But Cloud clearly wasn't the easiest either. Nor would any Microsoft character. Or Erdrick. Anything is possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PLEEEEASE, OH BABY
DONT GO
oh yeah speaking of kh songs i was on a bus like an hour ago and i faintly heard this song from some girls headphones and i was like "huh sounds familiar" but i realized it was that one, face my fears that was in the kh3 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom