• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

One problem with that..we haven't had a 3rd Version since Platinum in Gen IV...in 2009..literally 10 years ago.
Gen V was Black & White and then direct sequels, Black 2 & White 2.
Gen VI was X & Y. That was all..aside from Gen III remakes
Gen VII was Sun & Moon, and then enhanced remakes, Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.
I'll never forget my friend going "like hell I'll buy black and white, one year from now they'll just release gray" and then a year later we all laughed at him
Silver being short for Sylvester is my headcanon now.

"Sylvester, I left for the glory of Team Ro-"

"It's SILVER now, dad. God."

"I went through this phase once too, son."
Giovanni doesn't like being reminded of the time he went as Giorno

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sometimes I kind of feel like the ages of fictional characters can sometimes be straight arbitrary.

Like, oh here's this character that literally looks like a 12 year old but don't worry! She's/He's canonically 18 so waifu/hubby up.

Why the **** do they do that? It's so stupid.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I remember the XY prerelease(especifically the E3 thing showing off trades and Talonflame) using some dumb names like Xavier so I don't consider any of that canon
Those were the names they used at first since they couldn't just call them X & Y probably..the names became Calem and Serena later on in later pre-release materials.
And that's fine, but Selene is used in merchandise..so it is her 'canon' name.
https://www.pokemoncenter.com/figma-selene-figure-703-03094
This is the official Pokémon Company store.
Since the name Elio started being used at the same time as Selene in pre-release material, it can be inferred that Nintendo sees that as his 'canon' name if they end up making merchandise of him or have him appear in the anime.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If only Gen 5 didn't already use Hilbert and Hilda...

I swear, they used the most European names on two American characters. What a waste
Where is B&W supposed to be located, anyway?

D

Deleted member

Bring me the Smash Ballot and prove this.

And even dare bring a fan poll and I'll smack you with Alucard so hard.
That last part doesn't make much sense, but in literally EVERY FAN POLL EVER, Banjo is high placing, which has to mean SOMETHING. Not to mention Phil Spencer's tweets. Now, developer tweets that state that they would "like" to see something happen normally don't mean anything, but this may be a special case, because it means that Phil Spencer is at least aware of the fan clamoring, but then again, it could just be PR talk. I just have a hunch that Banjo is coming, though I like both Banjo and Steve, so it would be a win regardless for me. Tbh, if neither are in we're all gonna look pretty stupid.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sometimes I kind of feel like the ages of fictional characters can sometimes be straight arbitrary.

Like, oh here's this character that literally looks like a 12 year old but don't worry! She's/He's canonically 18 so waifu/hubby up.

Japan: "Ah, a war hero, leader of an army and savior to the people, how about we make him... uhhh 17, yeah that sounds reasonable."

"Oh and the grizzled experienced old man who has seen a lot of the world and is now despondant and hopeless? Boy he'd sit well at the ripe old age of 31"

MainJPW

M.T.A
God I love these. Best female trainer ever.
She's so ****ing aggressive, it's great.
That reminds me, imagine if Sword and Shield were voice acted and they got the same studio/actors from the Xenoblade games to dub it?
An appropriate casting choice. Nintendo (or Gamefreak, whatever) should do more stuff like that, especially after BoTW.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

its to make the pedo- I mean lolicon- no yeah, its to make the pedos happy
looking at you all that like that trash Nowi

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Makes the hentai artists feel better about themselves.

Just like when they design a character that looks like a kid but pull the "they're actually an immortal, 1000-year-old god!" or some ****. Means people can lewd away and have that flimsy justification to feel like what they're doin' ain't disgusting.

D

Deleted member

Worst is when they're le smexy adult but with the brain of a child

Like why the **** would you wanna do that its just pedophilia with extra steps

D

Deleted member

So
Black really ended trapped in a ball and ****ed off while White was just crying on the ground?
Yeah, that's how it ended and I haven't read it past that AND IT'S BEEN EATING ME UP EVER SINCE
Those were the names they used at first since they couldn't just call them X & Y probably..the names became Calem and Serena later on in later pre-release materials.
Look, I still refuse to call her anything but Moon. Actually, Luna is acceptable since I have a friend named that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Since the name Elio started being used at the same time as Selene in pre-release material, it can be inferred that Nintendo sees that as his 'canon' name if they end up making merchandise of him or have him appear in the anime.

Mizuki was better smh.

D

Deleted member

No one knows how opressed I am in society, and I am not a hardcore gamer.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That last part doesn't make much sense, but in literally EVERY FAN POLL EVER, Banjo is high placing, which has to mean SOMETHING.
Sure don't mean he was the most requested as you specifically said.

Not to mention Phil Spencer's tweets. Now, developer tweets that state that they would "like" to see something happen normally don't mean anything, but this may be a special case, because it means that Phil Spencer is at least aware of the fan clamoring, but then again, it could just be PR talk.
It definitely is. Why wouldn't he? If it was Minecraft or Halo content asked, he would've said the same ****, I guarantee. He hasn't been given an opportunity to respond to that specific type of question though, and that leaves your theory in the dark because it can't be absolutely confirmed.

Do you think Phil Spencer is up in his office, demanding only Banjo when there are other applicable characters for certain legacy-themed whatevers?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That last part doesn't make much sense, but in literally EVERY FAN POLL EVER, Banjo is high placing, which has to mean SOMETHING. Not to mention Phil Spencer's tweets. Now, developer tweets that state that they would "like" to see something happen normally don't mean anything, but this may be a special case, because it means that Phil Spencer is at least aware of the fan clamoring, but then again, it could just be PR talk. I just have a hunch that Banjo is coming, though I like both Banjo and Steve, so it would be a win regardless for me. Tbh, if neither are in we're all gonna look pretty stupid.
As for it possibly being PR, Phil has brought up people thinking he's just saying PR stuff, so I think he'd legitimately like to see them in.

of course I'm sure he'd also like to see Steve/a Creeper in, I'm just sayin'. He also mentioned liking to see them in "the next game" during Smash 4 times.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Huh. Guess I should've played that one.

I heard all the Pokemon I knew already weren't in it and was like, "I'm out."
Then just play Black 2 and White 2

They brought previous gen Pokemon in that one, so you can enjoy the game, without resorting to only rip-offs of older Pokemon.

Though, fun fact... Only generation where Pikachu isn't obtainable, at all

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know, I gotta say, Grookey's design is slowly growing on me.

Might take a while for the final evolutions to turn up, first, but eh, you know what, no matter the result, I think I've decided who my Gen 8 starter is. :p

D

Deleted member

Ok, so I apparently made a typo of "like" with a K instead of an L and it got autocensored so can anyone explain what the **** does that mean

osby

Smash Obsessed
Scorbunny fans:

*crunch-crunch-crunch*
"Wow, I love mascot cereal."
*crunch-crunch-crunch*
You can dislike something without putting down its fans, you know.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok, so I apparently made a typo of "like" with a K instead of an L and it got autocensored so can anyone explain what the **** does that mean
That's an incredibly bad racial slur, actually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sure don't mean he was the most requested as you specifically said.

It definitely is. Why wouldn't he? If it was Minecraft or Halo content asked, he would've said the same ****, I guarantee. He hasn't been given an opportunity to respond to that specific type of question though, and that leaves your theory in the dark because it can't be absolutely confirmed.

Do you think Phil Spencer is up in his office, demanding only Banjo when there are other applicable characters for certain legacy-themed whatevers?
Bruh, why do you hate Banjo?

But in all seriousness, Banjo is really just a hunch for me, not to mention the Duck Hunt thing. I'm not gonna rub it in anybody's face when if I'm right, and I won't whine if I'm wrong. After all, we all know that Just Cause Guy is the most likely DLC candidate.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

A slur against jews.

Guess is not known in Latin America as it is used a short name for Enrique.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A slur against jews.

Guess is not known in Latin America as it is used a short name for Enrique I guess.
That's incredibly unfortunate.

And here I thought Richard had it rough.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd like to propose a toast to all the other stupid ****ers like myself who, while playing as Cloud, without a doubt, absolutely, definitively, HAVE to push the left or right taunt button when picking up an Assist Trophy or Pokeball. Congratulations, you're a rare ****ing breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom