• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I never did get that Writing Team position.
Thanks @ToasterBrains for referring me to Thirdkoopa when I asked about it, by the way.
But in a few years, when I’m a big boy bit older, I might try out again. . :ganondorfmelee:
How the **** are you 13? Putting some of my people to shame
Would you rather be the cool aunt that lets their 14-year old nephew take several wine shots?
aw yeah

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Welcome to the mod team osby osby

As for Pokemon SS's graphics? I think they look quite nice. I expect even better with the finished version.

I also prefer the linear formula for the main series. Spin-offs are better for experimentation. Right now it looks simply but works pretty well. The levels aren't overbearing to fights and nothing feels unfair. While roadblocks can be annoying, they do serve their purpose. I only found it annoying when it was during BW where they literally had an NPC refuse to let you pass. I vastly preferred exploring to find the Rock/Tree/Etc. in your way since you don't get force-fed the information and find it out directly. I like exploration in my rpg's.

On another note, I prefer the regular random encounters. Never got into the idea of roaming visible enemies. They're not a bad idea or anything, but they don't feel nearly as random. I like my RNG, as it feels even more satisfying when I find just that right monster and catch it/get its drop/etc.

D

Deleted member

You're pretty well-written for a 13-year-old. I can see you getting the position sooner than later :yoshi:
Thank you, I appreciate that. I looked up the forms, and was considering applying, but I decided against it. Might do it when I’m 14.
Literature has always appealed to me, and I’m known amongst my peers to be a grammar freak, and enjoy writing in general, so I thought I’d ask.
You see all this text? No auto-correct there.
Time to stop inflating my ego.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s a few more videos of the same kitty I showed earlier, just something to maybe help brighten up your day:

I never did get that Writing Team position.
Thanks @ToasterBrains for referring me to Thirdkoopa when I asked about it, by the way.
But in a few years, when I’m a big boy bit older, I might try out again. . :ganondorfmelee:
What does the Writing Team do?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who tf drinks wine from a shot glass though?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks osby, you appreciate me.

Maybe I should take over Rate Their Chances. Or do an in-depth Rate Their Chances. Maybe I'll make a pilot over Spring Break.

Any characters in specific y'all want me to rate?
Geno/Banjo or a Gen 8 Rep/FE:TH Rep if you don't mind that is

Last edited by a moderator:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose I may congratulate osby osby for the promotion.

On another note, honestly bored and all, while my sleep habit got busted from not feeling well. I'm hoping things are going great here as of late?

D

Deleted member

Maybe I should take over Rate Their Chances. Or do an in-depth Rate Their Chances. Maybe I'll make a pilot over Spring Break.

I'd say pretty much what the last Smash Ultimate thread's pushes were, maybe look at the Grinch Hoax and see if their selection of characters could be dug up for possible interest. At the very least, do some characters that people would and wouldn't expect, switch it up.

With the recent push of Final Fantasy on Switch now, I'd say go for another Final Fantasy character. Since I'm playing IX, go for Zidane even, because FF9 is best FF and I will die on this ****ing hill.

and look man, I'm trying my best to hold in my bias but I mean you might as well do Rex & Pyra lol I don't think I've seen such a unique situation for a character

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ha ha, charade you are....I watch Murder She Wrote.
Betty White is like Perfect Cell. She absorbed Angela Lansbury and the Queen of England to become the oldest woman in history

prove me wrong

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Any of the characters in my signature would be great.

Also Rex and Pyra. Although I do want them in, their situation for DLC is... unique, to say the least.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Reflecting back on Gen 7 and all the bashing it received, I'm starting to see some irony to it. The most frequent games I see people bring up as examples of "good" Pokemon games are Black and White and their sequels, which I actually agree are the best titles in the series so far. It's funny, though, because no generation was bashed harder then Gen 5. That was the era when genwunning hit its peak. Pokemon designs aside, I also remember a ton of bashing for it following the old Pokemon formula as well.

I think what happened is that as time passed, the people who bashed it the most eventually forgot about it and moved on. On the other hand, I think a lot of younger players got older and more vocal in the fanbase. Now Black and White have some nostalgia to their name as well.

I think some point in the future, when a lot of the kids who love Gen 7 today are older and feeling nostalgic themselves, we're going to see a resurgence in Gen 7 love. The Alola games are undoubtedly heavily flawed with their limited exploration and unskippable cutscenes, but they also managed to stand out in a lot of ways such as implementing ride pokemon and changing things up from the old gym formula, if only slightly. And when that era comes, whatever game was most recent at that point in time will likely be bashed by a lot of Gen 7 fans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom