• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Even if I hated and ranted and came up with a cult of people to hate the game and boycott the game with me it would barely be a blip on the radar. People hate and don't buy Call of Duty but ****, look at them still releasing the same game every year.

We shouldn't have to boycott a game for companies to see that we want something new. Especially the Pokemon fanbase who have been begging for a big budget console title for, what, two decades now?
whats the point in complaining about something not changing if you dont make a bigger inpact showing you want change? I want my gf to stop sleeping in morning to night. What am I gonna do, complain about it? That will change what?? I gotta do action

Tldr: Dont just complain, show. dont buy the games as long as they look the same, thats all I gotta say

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah I wouldn't say Sword & Shield look like XBox One X graphics, but I think they look good nonetheless.

The Switch isn't much more powerful than the Wii U. I'd rather they optimize the game instead of making it lag uncomfortably or making the Switch's processor beg for mercy, requiring you to pause the game.

My Switch's fans start getting sorta loud when playing Kirby Star Allies within the same playthrough of a single run of playing what's basically the Helper-to-Hero mode, and I can feel the heat.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The problem with making Pokémon Open-World is that any plot they could have would be incredibly difficult to implement in a satisfying way.

An Open World Pokémon game can absolutely be done; see the Pokémon Crystal Clear ROM Hack for an example; however...
Story isn't so important within the context of Pokemon in the first place. It's always been about collecting badges, becoming the champion, and catching them all so the issue with it there really isn't much of an issue at all.
Programming and balancing a Pokémon World to be able to accommodate any possible route through the game would be an absolute nightmare (even Crystal Clear has issues with this, Trainers scale with your badge number but Wild Pokémon don't).
Ok, so have the open world expand as you progress. Have you unlock the first few gyms right away in certain directions, when your done with those, in whatever order you want, maybe you learn surf and the next few gyms are on islands scattered about an ocean or lake side, then you learn fly and the next few gyms are on Mountain peaks, then the last few gyms are scattered all about the edge of the world in all different corners if the world. Or maybe give the player waypoints so that they CAN go straight through and beat the game a la old Pokemon or break off the beaten path, get in some damn trouble like I did going straight to Ganons castle, have fun with it, and do what they want. It doesn't have to be completely free. They're allowed to let players hit self made walls by taking on a challenge to great for what they were prepared for. It's part of the fun of exploration.

Anyways, just spitballing really. I think Pokemon should evolve is all... pun not intended.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
whats the point in complaining about something not changing if you dont make a bigger inpact showing you want change? I want my gf to stop sleeping in morning to night. What am I gonna do, complain about it? That will change what?? I gotta do action

Tldr: Dont just complain, show. dont buy the games as long as they look the same, thats all I gotta say
That's a catch 22 no matter what you do.

Dislike game, don't buy:
How do you know you its flaws without playing?

Dislike game, buy:
If you dislike it, why'd you pay for it?

In the end, criticism's criticism even if people bought the game supporting it. It's ultimately criticism which improves games. Even Smash had tripping, slow gameplay, and blatantly overpowered characters until people made some noise.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I think Pokemon should evolve is all.
My sentiments exactly. This was THE game to push the envelope. Instead we got just another revision not revolution.

Incredibly disappointing and i think it's timemore people stsrted to speak out and let the devs know what we want like fans did with Ridley for so many years. Eventually it gets results

D

Deleted member

So, Darksiders looks interesting. The best description I cam give is the games look like Zelda fused with God Of War.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
new pokemon dont look that good to me

grookey is funny to say tho

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's a catch 22 no matter what you do.

Dislike game, don't buy:
How do you know you its flaws without playing?

Dislike game, buy:
If you dislike it, why'd you pay for it?

In the end, criticism's criticism even if people bought the game supporting it. It's ultimately criticism which improves games. Even Smash had tripping, slow gameplay, and blatantly overpowered characters until people made some noise.
pf, Maybe dont buy the games isnt what I meant to say but that was the first thing that popped in my head but you can take that part out and keep the "do action" part lol

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Incredibly disappointing and i think it's timemore people stsrted to speak out and let the devs know what we want like fans did with Ridley for so many years. Eventually it gets results
but a lot of fans are perfectly content.

y'all do you, let us be us.

I'll admit though I didn't like how most trainers in SuMo only had one Pokemon, but geez some of the totems were annoying, the nice kind of annoying.

Although I didn't mind too much in LGPE, idk why.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Story isn't so important within the context of Pokemon in the first place. It's always been about collecting badges, becoming the champion, and catching them all so the issue with it there really isn't much of an issue at all.
You say that but one of the game duos considered to be among the best, Black and White, are the ones with a heavy story focus. ;)
Ok, so have the open world expand as you progress. Have you unlock the first few gyms right away in certain directions, when your done with those, in whatever order you want, maybe you learn surf and the next few gyms are on islands scattered about an ocean or lake side, then you learn fly and the next few gyms are on Mountain peaks, then the last few gyms are scattered all about the edge of the world in all different corners if the world. Or maybe give the player waypoints so that they CAN go straight through and beat the game a la old Pokemon or break off the beaten path, get in some damn trouble like I did going straight to Ganons castle, have fun with it, and do what they want. It doesn't have to be completely free. They're allowed to let players hit self made walls by taking on a challenge to great for what they were prepared for. It's part of the fun of exploration.

Anyways, just spitballing really. I think Pokemon should evolve is all... pun not intended.
Pallet Town, surrounded by Beef Gates in every cardinal direction except North.

It would be really funny if you could try to fight the Elite Four with your level 10 starter and proceed to get verbally torn a new one by the "Champ in the Making" Guy when you inevitably fail.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Do you think Satoshi Tajiri still dedicates time to the franchise?
I mean, at this point he can literally swim in cash and just tell Masuda to dye his hair red and do the work.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

So, I should miss out on something I might enjoy by not buying it because I have opinions on how it could be better? Even though if I didn't buy it, it wouldn't make a difference? So, then I would've missed out on an experience I might've enjoyed and had done nothing to give the company an idea of what we want?

That's ignorant. I can't make a difference on my own. I CAN say "Hey, Pokemon Company, I really enjoyed this game but could you make the next game more open?" And hope it gets through when the next game comes around. The fact of the matter is that there's absolutely nothing I can do. The game's going to sell a **** load even if I'm not getting it.

And "complaining"? Because I'm giving out ideas for what they could do to make it better? I'm not saying this is a killer for me. "Like, ah **** Game Freak those ****ing ****s for not giving my entitled self EXACTLY what I wanted." I'm not doing that. I'm just saying I wish they'd innovate. If they don't. Oh well. If they do. Then hell ****ing yeah let's get us some new age of Pokemon. I'm not going to be upset either way.

Tl;dr Crticism doesn't equal complaining.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno. If these were the only things Pokemon made, I'd probably agree.

But we have spinoff games for differing styles of gameplay so I'm content.

Besides, Sun and Moon actually changed a lot and none of it was appreciated.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
My sentiments exactly. This was THE game to push the envelope. Instead we got just another revision not revolution.

Money talks a lot more than people complaining on the internet. As long as Pokemon sells the way it does, I wouldn't expect a radical departure.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you think Satoshi Tajiri still dedicates time to the franchise?
I mean, at this point he can literally swim in cash and just tell Masuda to dye his hair red and do the work.
Well, it is his baby.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Something I've wanted Pokémon to do for a while is to do what the Pokémon anime does and have the Pokémon League be an actual five-round tournament instead of a string of battles against four guys and a Champion.

An element of randomness to the "Elite Four/Champion" set-up would give each player a unique experience in the End Game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I honestly feel like anyone who does have complaints is in the very small minority with this franchise.

So, even if I do keep disliking how Trainers may mostly only have one Pokemon, I lose in that regard. Honestly I think I'm used to it though, at least they add challenges elsewhere. I didn't really care much in LGPE.

Again, though, I'd rather they not go so far as to make my Switch cry as soon as the game starts up, or make it have weird lag. Even Kirby's Adventure has weird lag moments.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I honestly feel like anyone who does have complaints is in the very small minority with this franchise.

So, even if I do keep disliking how Trainers may mostly only have one Pokemon, I lose in that regard. Honestly I think I'm used to it though, at least they add challenges elsewhere. I didn't really care much in LGPE.

Again, though, I'd rather they not go so far as to make my Switch cry as soon as the game starts up.
speaking of, why did they do that "trainers have one pokemon" bull**** in the lets go games

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
...am I a simpleton? I thought the graphics looked really nice and pleasing. Like, the one shot of the winter night was so good.

tumblr_pnln51V8Zw1tmibr6_400.jpg

It's so sparkly and pretty! I remember people ripping on Xenoblade Chronicles for looking super gritty and having bad graphics and models, but I remember adoring the art style, the colors, and the overall atmosphere; I'm doing the same for this game.

D

Deleted member

Today was a darn eventful day.
Edit: Yesterday for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember people ripping on Xenoblade Chronicles for looking super gritty and having bad graphics and models
Xenoblade only suffered from being a Wii game, and for Wii games it don't look that bad.

its just that character models dont have ****ing teeth

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
...am I a simpleton? I thought the graphics looked really nice and pleasing. Like, the one shot of the winter night was so good.

View attachment 195148

It's so sparkly and pretty! I remember people ripping on Xenoblade Chronicles for looking super gritty and having bad graphics and models, but I remember adoring the art style, the colors, and the overall atmosphere; I'm doing the same for this game.
yeah and that mine scene with the gems on the walls looked nice as well.

really all of it looked nice but Minecraft has made me partial to mines.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

View attachment 195148

I thought it looked really nice myself.

For me, graphics just need to be nice. Mind blowing is great, but it's not the most important thing for me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well if were on the topic of Pokemon then. How about discussing the possibility and chances of a Gen 8 Pokemon being among the DLC? Would be for promotional reasons for one.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 195148

This is really nice looking. I'm real happy with this game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom