• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the thing we have to ask ourselves is two-fold:

Why does this only show up in skins 6-8 apparently?

And why are they the only ones that reference a ponytail?

As far as I know, Joker has never had a ponytail, his hair is way too short, and Arsene would probably be handled in a separate file than the alt costume files.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's super likely, buut:
  1. Shigenori Soejima is generally pretty quick with coming up with designs, mostly having a few sketches before settling down. Granted, he noted the difficulty of designing a heroine, but it's not like a Bayo situation, where her design completed in a year.
  2. Jack-Jane. It just sounds like the feminine version of Joker's codename.
I'm not hyping myself without concrete evidence, but there doesn't seem anything big against it.
I mean I never said it's not Possible cause it being a Fem Joker is totally possible I would just wait and See before Jumping to conclusions. Either outcome I would be fine with.

Hey, anyone up for an arena?
I’d be happy to host.
Also Sure, I'm totally up for an Arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Jack and Jane in code remain
Awaiting hype's revival
Miners peeked and Jack got leaked
Before their big arrival.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, I had a dream once that Sakurai revealed the final Ultimate DLC character to be Heihachi's ghost.

D

Deleted member

Looking back, since we're now heading into a "New Era of Nintendo" soon, I wanna pose the question. We all know that Miyamoto, Sakurai, Aonuma will still be around, being devs and all. But how do you all feel about Yoshiaki Koizumi and Doug Bowser being the new "Reggie and Iwata"?

We never really saw much of Kimishima, nor Furukawa for the main head of the Japanese side of things, so I think Koizumi would be the next bet. I feel looking back on the 2017 Switch Presentation and various Directs after then, I don't think I could see a better guide for Directs then Koizumi. Especially being y'know, the main director and producer for the Switch as a whole. After all, HD Ice Cubes.

D

Deleted member

Arena is up!

Name: Smooshboards
ID: HTDYH
Password: 12345

Enjoy! The more the merrier.

Shroob

Sup?
Looking back, since we're now heading into a "New Era of Nintendo" soon, I wanna pose the question. We all know that Miyamoto, Sakurai, Aonuma will still be around, being devs and all. But how do you all feel about Yoshiaki Koizumi and Doug Bowser being the new "Reggie and Iwata"?

We never really saw much of Kimishima, nor Furukawa for the main head of the Japanese side of things, so I think Koizumi would be the next bet. I feel looking back on the 2017 Switch Presentation and various Directs after then, I don't think I could see a better guide for Directs then Koizumi. Especially being y'know, the main director and producer for the Switch as a whole. After all, HD Ice Cubes.

I like Koizumi. He's a bit of a brick personality-wise compared to someone like Reggie or Bill, but he gets the job done.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

So what you're saying is...

"Bowser and Yoshi" are the next "Reggie and Iwata?" :yoshi:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I did not mean to compare it to Rex as in it would take as much Dev time, I meant it as When did Atlus come up with this idea of having another Gender option for Joker and if it was Sometime in 2018 (When DLC was being Negotiated, if we don't know already) Sakurai couldn't possibly know what they would look like.

Atlus would've had to have Concept art of what she would look like, no telling if she changed or not and Atlus would've also had to share it with Sakurai to begin with in-which depending on when Joker negotiations were complete Sakurai would need to get the team to work on it and hope that Atlus didn't change the concept art. There's no telling even if they had Concept art if they met in let's say late 2017-Early 2018 as we have no Idea when the creation process of the Fem Joker was being made, Art takes time.

all these steps would've had to work out just right for this to have happened, and why would they be referred to as Jane? Cause if Brave really is Erdrick they would know at the very least that they should make the Codenames less obvious.

I have no problem with Jane if it is a Fem Joker, I welcome it but I have kind of a hard time thinking that this is super likely.
The problem here is that you assume P5R was in preproduction. Might even nearly be finished now

D

Deleted member

I like Koizumi. He's a bit of a brick personality-wise compared to someone like Reggie or Bill, but he gets the job done.
I mean, look at this this way. We really only knew Reggie and Iwata as just the main two leaders behind the whole company, aside from the others.

With Koizumi, we know that he was the main director/producer behind Super Mario Odyssey and the director for the Switch as a whole, and Bowser essentially being the mind behind all of the sales and marketing for the Switch. And what do you know, those 32+ million Switch units definitely proved that these two could definitely hold the mantles. Nintendo probably knew that these two going into Switch development would be the most imperative when Doug and Koizumi got the huge promotions.

I don't see how anyone else would be close to Reggie and Iwata's successors as Doug and Koizumi. I just hope that coming out of this during E3 time we can see if the "fun" still lives. I genuinely believe that going forward, though, that this Koizumi/Bowser Era will be just as great as the Reggie/Iwata Era.

D

Deleted member

한국어로 말하기한국어로 말하기한국 한국어로 말하기 [10295] 한국어로 말하기e 한국어로 말하기 말하기어로 말하기e 한국어로 말하기 말하기어 [19883]로 말하기e 한국어로 말하기 말하기어말하기어

D

Deleted member

벌금인 당신이 의견이 맞지않고 그러나 지내는 경우에 Geno와 밴조는 분쇄에서 이어야. 그들은 완전히 일 것인다

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
모든 알려진 항공법에 따르면, 벌이 날 수있는 방법은 없습니다. 그 날개는 너무 작아서 뚱뚱한 작은 몸을 땅에서 떨어 뜨리지 못합니다. 꿀벌은 인간이 불가능하다고 생각하는 것을 신경 쓰지 않기 때문에 물론, 어쨌든 날아갑니다.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
모든 알려진 항공법에 따르면, 벌이 날 수있는 방법은 없습니다. 그 날개는 너무 작아서 뚱뚱한 작은 몸을 땅에서 떨어 뜨리지 못합니다. 꿀벌은 인간이 불가능하다고 생각하는 것을 신경 쓰지 않기 때문에 물론, 어쨌든 날아갑니다.
그게 꿀벌 영화 레퍼런스인가요?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom