• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I moved halfway across Canada to pursue a research topic in grad school I felt passionately about, having never lived alone before.

It hasn't been easy, but me and my dog are enjoying it. I wouldn't trade this independence for anything.

Also living alone is the best thing ever
As someone who did live alone for the better part of eight years and now houses two roommates, I can confirm that living alone is infinitely better.

I understand that some people will want to get married and have children to fill their home, but I just... want silence. I'd like to cook for myself, clean only after myself and my dog, and have a place to come home to that nobody else is going to **** up.

A little part of me gets irrationally angry when someone is sitting on my couch watching my Netflix on my TV through my Xbox after using my cookware to cook my food. Like, its their home right now too and I offered, but still. I bought all this **** for me to enjoy why are you here I've had a long day please go somewhere else wahhhhhhhhh.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I just realized was Joker's announcement at the Game Awards the last time we saw Reggie in something Nintendo related?

God I hope there's a March or early April direct so we can see him one last time.
I'm glad you're certain :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like as you get older you tend to forget that school just ****ing sucks 90% of the time. Being a kid with such little freedom sucks. Your mind only remembers the nice stuff. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side.
I’m a bit concerned that some of the younger users have liked this post. Please do not use me to set expectations for your future. I’m not responsible enough for this.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo foreshadowed Doug bowser becoming president 4 years ago :O
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This tweet here has aged very well don’t you think?

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

As someone who did live alone for the better part of eight years and now houses two roommates, I can confirm that living alone is infinitely better.

I understand that some people will want to get married and have children to fill their home, but I just... want silence. I'd like to cook for myself, clean only after myself and my dog, and have a place to come home to that nobody else is going to **** it up.

A little part of me gets irrationally angry when someone is sitting on my couch watching my Netflix on my TV through my Xbox after using my cookware to cook my food. Like, its their home right now too and I offered, but still. I bought all this **** for me to enjoy why are you here I've had a long day please go somewhere else wahhhhhhhhh.
that's the dream, man

get a degree, a nice job, a cozy little apartment that i can afford by myself, and just live

like im not even looking for a relationship (hookups and such don't count) i just want a life

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I just realized that Doug Bowser is probably going to be present in this year's E3 Direct. So if the Bowser jokes were just an outside thing before, we might see them in full force in the Direct.

D

Deleted member

Just logged online and dang am I gonna miss Reggie he was such a good CEO. I'm happy for him but I am worried about this new guy not living up to the greatness that was Reggie.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Oooh, ooh! vaanrose vaanrose made that thumbnail!
Vaanrose is a really skilled sculptor, I miss him.

You are really good at making jokes. I admire your talent.
You should be a comedian when you grow up.
Thank you. I really appreciate it. That's really nice of you. You've got some good ones yourself.
May I suggest making it clear to the audience that you're joking without having to employ the dreaded /s? That, to me, is the biggest flaw in your jokes.
Try to employ either hyperbole or use "obviously", "clearly", or the strikethrough. With this, your jokes can be clearer.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok so get this:

Loz18, a self admitted troll who got lucky, Got one thing right so he can be verified as a leaker. Does not matter if he did not get a single thing right since, or was proven wrong since, or confessed to being a lucky troll since, as e was right that one time

ALSO

Vergeben: has leaked games before, Got the information about Smash Bros right up until the release of the game. Called Isaballe, Ken, Simon Belmont, And most famously killed the Grinch leak with Incineroar. However because everything he says is all the same claim eternally and some of it has yet to be proven true, some of which is in regards to other games (which he leaks as well and is not always right there) that means he was ALWAYS wrong and just a rumor.

How the **** do you tie your brain into a gordion knot to not have the Cognitive Dissonance occur at all.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
that's the dream, man

get a degree, a nice job, a cozy little apartment that i can afford by myself, and just live

like im not even looking for a relationship (hookups and such don't count) i just want a life
It was pretty ****ing awesome. I loved my last apartment. It was half of a contemporary house the landlord had built into two halves, with a stone patio out front that was all mine, and I was there for four years. I'd planned on potentially buying the property from him and renting out his half if he ever wanted to move, but plans changed when my brother needed somewhere to live and I bought a totally different house instead. Now we've got another friend who also needed a place to live and I just... really miss living alone. I'm making expensive house payments on a place I can't even call entirely my own and it's... aggravating, on some days.

(you're right, hookups don't count. they help with living alone though. go get 'em tiger)

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
that's the dream, man

Bro this was really the wave at first when I started living by myself but now the hookups are just an excuse to keep me company and make food for someone other than myself. Kinda going insane being this isolated, which is why I post here as often as I do

D

Deleted member

I know what it is like to live a childhood without a best friend.
Do not feel bad for me, I am used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I feel like as you get older you tend to forget that school just ****ing sucks 90% of the time. Being a kid with such little freedom sucks. Your mind only remembers the nice stuff. Remember, the grass is always greener on the other side.
Gotta say that as a semi-functional adult, I wouldn't want to move back to being a kid. I still have responsibilities, and with freedom comes consequences if I do stupid ****, but still its nice to have choice about things to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
DETECTIVE PIKACHU NEWS GUYS! Maybe...?
A YouTuber by the name of Puppet Steve went to the toy fair to look at the Detective Pikachu toys. They had a toy of the villian, but the name was blocked out on the box, and the figure wasn't in the box. He said he looked at the back of the box when no one was looking, and found that Mewtwo is the villain. Still up in the air if he is lying or not. Guess we will have to see... (Also his voice annoys me ngl)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
My childhood was absolute trash. The only good parts I remember was playing my SNES and NES games, bionicle sets, and drawing fakemons on sticky pads. I had no friends and I was diagnosed with ADD which amplified the problems. The nightmare ended when high school started though.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Bro this was really the wave at first when I started living by myself but now the hookups are just an excuse to keep me company and make food for someone other than myself. Kinda going insane being this isolated, which is why I post here as often as I do
Some people can't function without other people in their life. I get you. My sister asks me to come over any time her husband/friend/mom isn't there because she just needs company. I don't invite anyone over to my place unless there's, like, an absolutely necessary reason or event requiring it. Or if they want to play Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

I really do not think this is the best place for you to get social interaction.
Thank you. I really appreciate it. That's really nice of you. You've got some good ones yourself.
May I suggest making it clear to the audience that you're joking without having to employ the dreaded /s? That, to me, is the biggest flaw in your jokes.
Try to employ either hyperbole or use "obviously", "clearly", or the strikethrough. With this, your jokes can be clearer.
this. /s pretty much kills a joke. Just think your audience is smart enough to tell when you’re being sarcastic.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Some people can't function without other people in their life. I get you. My sister asks me to come over any time her husband/friend/mom isn't there because she just needs company. I don't invite anyone over to my place unless there's, like, an absolutely necessary reason or event requiring it. Or if they want to play Smash Bros.
I would consider that part of the "absolutely necessary" section.

D

Deleted member

The reason why I use "/s" is because I worry people are going to take it seriously and block me. I should consider your option though.
Believe me, IRL I am not good with jokes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
DETECTIVE PIKACHU NEWS GUYS! Maybe...?
A YouTuber by the name of Puppet Steve went to the toy fair to look at the Detective Pikachu toys. They had a toy of the villian, but the name was blocked out on the box, and the figure wasn't in the box. He said he looked at the back of the box when no one was looking, and found that Mewtwo is the villain. Still up in the air if he is lying or not. Guess we will have to see... (Also his voice annoys me ngl)
Somewhat old news. Quite a few people have been saying Mewtwo is the villain. There's also claims that the true villain is a human who wants to control Mewtwo. Nothing to confirm this, but it sounds like something you'd expect from your typical Pokemon villain.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Somewhat old news. Quite a few people have been saying Mewtwo is the villain. There's also claims that the true villain is a human who wants to control Mewtwo. Nothing to confirm this, but it sounds like something you'd expect from your typical Pokemon villain.
Ah. My bad. :p

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I really do not think this is the best place for you to get social interaction.
My other option are my friends who do less than legal activities and the losers at school who I play smash with. Like playing with them is fine, but they are such terrible people to be around. Very stereotypical "gamers" and I have so many stories about them its insane

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You are really good at making jokes. I admire your talent.
You should be a comedian when you grow up.
Seconded.

No funny punchline here. Half of Penguin's posts are just gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom