• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, everything is fine, now. Just got into an arguement with my mother regarding a prior issue that I won't get into.

All that matters is that its cleaned up and I'm back home, safe, sound and sane.
awerftgyhu

well uh glad your ok now

If you wanna talk let me know.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah, everything is fine, now. Just got into an arguement with my mother regarding a prior issue that I won't get into.

All that matters is that its cleaned up and I'm back home, safe, sound and sane.
Well, what matters is that you have that whole ordeal solved now.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So his Up B changes to be similar to Mewtwo's, he gets Chaos effects for his physical attacks. None of this would prevent him from being an Echo. The teleport moves aren't too complicated to require a crapload of development. In fact, he has teleport stuff among his own AT, making it easy.

Let me say this as someone who works on movesets a lot. If you're trying to convince me of why his animations cannot work, you need to elaborate further. I already knew of how easy Chaos Control was to add without forcing him to be a Clone to compensate. He still is workable as an Echo right now.
Well for Animations that will definitely not do

Forward Smash
Down Smash
Up Special
Forward Aerial
Up Aerial
Side Tilt
Spin Charge

Because these are either way too Sonic Like, and also TWO Spindashes and a Spring. this doesn't include other animations like run and such

Shadow is more straight to the point compared to Sonic's Cocky Nature you feel me

Though since you are moveset Enthusiast, I guess i Could Show...THE ULTIMATE SHADOW MOVESET

This Moveset make Shadow potentially one of the most unique Characters...and super Flashy on top of it. I would just say that Shadow woul be the Vegeta of Smash

Perfect Shadow Moveset

Notes:

This Shadow Moveset is a combination of Alot of Shadow’s games. SA2, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Sonic Forces have some References in Shadow’s Moveset

This Shadow is Not an Echo of Sonic

Shadow Is one of the Lighter Characters in the game, and is lighter than Sonic. That’s because unlike Sonic, he didn’t pack up on rings before joining Smash. He’s Relying on his own Durability

Shadow is Slightly Slower than Sonic

Shadow is High Risk/High Reward.

-----------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous things

Entrance: Teleports in with the Emerald in hand

Idle Stance: His Pose from Sonic Battle, or Shadow the Hedgehog

Crouch: Him Kneeling Down with one Hand on the Floor

At Ledge Animation: Him with his Arms Crossed Like a Bad Ass

Knockback Animations: Same as Sonic

Walk Animation: Walks with his Fists Closed

Run Animation: His Skating...Obviously

Jump: Same As Sonic

Dodges and Air Dodges: Him Quickly Disappearing

Taunt 1: Him Facing the Screen and Crossing his Arms with a Frown on his Face. Holding this will have him do this forever

Taunt 2:Does his old Assist Trophy Exit Animation, a Spin into his Iconic Pose of One Fist in the Air while he Faces Sideways

Taunt 3: Holds Up the Emerald, as to show its power. Holding it for long enough will have Shadow Summon a Weapon

Winpose: a Combination of his SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog Clear animations. He Slides in, does a Spin, then Holds the Emerald toward the Screen in the Same Pose as Shadow the Hedgehog

Winpose 2: The emerald is Falling Down, But Shadow Catches it While his Back is Facing the Screen and then he teleports out of there

Winpose 3: Chaos Seizure. Shadow either Teleports around the victory screen, Skates around the victory Screen, or Flies around the Victory screen. Either way, he then Stops after some time and does a Cool Pose

Alt 1: Default

Alt 2: Shadow gets Replace his Red Stripes with With Pink Stripes

Alt 3: Shadow Color Scheme Resembles Sonic, That or Shadic The Hedgehog

Alt 4: Shadow Replaces his Red Stripes with Yellow

Alt 5: Shadow Color Scheme Now Matches Silver the Hedgehog

Alt 6: Shadows Replaces his Red Stripes with Gray. Resembles Mephiles’s Hedgehog Form. Does keep his mouth though

Alt 7: Shadow Turns into an Actual Shadow. He’s All Black.

Alt 8: Shadow’s Color Scheme Now Matches Coldsteel the Hedgehog

Classic Mode Route (Probably needs Work)

Seeing My The Shadows

Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Dark Link (Link with Dark Link Costume), Army of Game and Watches (All Default), Shadow Mewtwo (Mewtwo with Shadow color), Cloud, Giga Bowser

Boxing Ring Title: The Ultimate Lifeform (OF COURSE!)

Actual Moveset

Jab: His Sonic Battle 3 hit Combo

Side Tilt: Shadow does a Roundhouse Kick toward his Opponent. He does it Backlegged, as in the back of the leg is what comes first

Down-Tilt: Same as Sonic’s Down Tilt. Has more Range because the Flames come out from Shadow’s Shoes

Up-Tilt: Chaos Magic. You can unleash it Quickly like a Regular Up-Tilt by tapping the button and quickly letting go, Or you could hold and Aim the Chaos Magic to where you want to go by holding the Button

Forward Smash: Chaos Upper. This Move Launches High Like a Up Smash

Down Smash: Chaos Nightmare. Functions as both a Forward Smash and Down Smash, as it launches toward the Side, at Both sides.

Up Smash: Chaos Burst. The Teleport Shadow does at the Beginning works like a Spot Dodge...it doesn’t Stale. Shadow will quickly Appear back though, even while charging, so he’s Vulnerable then. One of the Strongest Smash attacks in game, and Covers the area around Shadow. Can even nullify Projectiles, has high Priority. Has the Worst endlag in the game of ANY Move

Dash Attack: Shadow uses Skates To burn Opponent. Shadow will Disappear then Reappear when using this Move. Again, works like a Dodge, but doesn’t Stale

Grab: Shadow uses One Hand to Grab you

Pummel: Shadow either Knees you or punches you

Forward Throw: Shadow Just Tosses You Forward...like Vegeta did to Nappa before Killing Him. Backhanded Toss

Down Throw: Shadow uses his Skates to burn the Opponent

Back Throw: The Famous Roundhouse Kick used against Silver. Shadow TELEPORTS Behind the Opponent Like it’s Nothing Personal, and RoundHouse Kicks them in the head. Really Strong Back Throw

Up Throw: Shadow Teleports the Opponent Up above

N-air: Shadow Does a 360 roundhouse Kicks that also has Flames Coming Out from under his Shoes. His N-air is Among the Strongest of the Cast

F-Air: Shadow Does a Hammerfist, DBZ Style. He either does a Quickflip then Hammerfists you with Both hands, or he just Winds Up real quick before Doing it...Spikes of course

B-Air: Is Like Sonic’s Back Air. However Shadow’s Back air is Quicker. It’s not a Strong Kill move like Sonic’s Back Air, but it has multiple hits from the Flames Coming out (the only Hitboxes). Good move for Dragdowning the Opponent

Up Air: a Flip Kick that Uses the fire from Shadow’s Skates

Down Air: The Stomp. The Attack Comes Out Really fast, and it Spikes all the way through. However, if you are not above Ground, You are Dying, no Question. It’s an all or Nothing attack in that Scenario.

Zair: Shadow has a Zair. It’s him doing Chaos Magic, his Up Tilt, from the Air. Like with his Up Tilt, you can either use it as a Really Quick Attack, or you can hold the button and aim it anywhere. When Shadow is using Chaos Magic in the Air, It Stalls him in the Air, But only for 1st time use

Neutral Special: Homing Attack/Spindash:

Grounded: It’s The Spindash. Hold to Charge The Spindash. Shadow makes the SA2 Sound Effect when he Charges it. Hitting a Shield Makes Shadow Stop Immediately. Shadow can only Go Straight with the Spindash, can’t Turn around. Multi-Hit

Aerial: It’s the Homing Attack.Has Decreased Range from Sonic (Heavily). Also Shadow will not bounce Back if he hits a Shield, making him Actually Punishable on Shield, Unlike Sonic. When Shadow Hits the Opponent, He can go into Combo Attack by pressing Special That’s good for damage and Killing at Later Percents. Or you Could Use Any Aerial you want

Side Special: Chaos Spear. Not the Most Damaging projectile, but it's good. Versions Differ depending on if you are using them on the Ground or the air

Ground: Charging the Spears increases the Range of the Spears. When you go to release Spears, Pressing Special after releasing one will fire another Spear. Shadow can shoot up to 3 Spears in one Set.

Air: Charging the Spear increases the Size. The Range is Already Super Good. It Only Fires Diagonal though. However when Charging it stalls you in the air. You can Change to Right or Left Direction. By doing this Quickly, you can make Shadow do Chaos Spazz

Up Special: Chaos Control (Warp). This Move is less used for Recovery and more usable for Offense. Shadow Teleports Quickly and after a Teleport, Shadow can use any Attack, Even Specials. The Distance covered with One Teleport is Really Short. When concerning 1 teleport, Shadow has the Worst Recovery in the game. However Shadow can Teleport Multiple times, up to 7 in succession, on a Certain Criteria (we get back to that).

One Mechanic is That Shadow Can cancel the Animation of an Attack if it SUCCESSFULLY hits With a Teleport. This Includes being able to cancel the Endlag. This means it’s Easier for Shadow to Follow Up hits using a Teleport. Shadow can Keep Doing this too as long as he hits the opponent and he has Teleports left (We get back to that)

Down Special: Chaos Charge. Shadow Charges his Chaos Meter. When Charging Shadow has Blue or Red Ki flowing from him depending on certain Criteria.

Shadow has a Chaos Meter, which limits his Abilities as so he doesn’t become Overpowered. Normally this only Applies to his Teleports, and His Ultimate Chaos Attack. He has 7 Bars of Chaos Meter. 1 Teleport costs 1 Bar.

You fill up the Bar by Using Attacks. You Fill it up even Faster if it Hits a Shield, and even slightly Faster than that if a Successful hit is made. You also Fill up the Bar Very Slightly by Moving Around. If you Successfully Parry an Attack, you automatically get 1 bar

You don’t Get any Meter for Getting Hit, so Shadow isn’t Rewarded for Playing Bad. He’s Rewarded for Playing Good

When Charging Meter, you will see TWO Icons Next To Shadow. Chaos Meter and Boost Meter. These Two Different Meters have Different Benefits. Press Right or Left to Switch Between the TWO meters. Though they are different, they share 1 Full meter. When you Switch, the Meter will Blue or Red depending on if you are using Chaos or Boost Meter Respectfully.

This Meter also Allows Shadow to boost His Chaos Powered Attacks by Pressing Shield While Using/Charging the Moves. Each Boost of a Move Costs 1 bar, and the Benefits of the boost Depend on what type of meter you are using

Shield + Special: Shadow will Take off his Rings and Start Flashing Blue or Red Depending on whether you are using Chaos or Boost Meter. In this State You Automatically use the Boosted Version of Chaos Moves, and have access to Chaos Control (Time) and Chaos Blast. This Boost lasts only 7 Seconds

Attacks that Can Be Boosted/ affected by Meter

Chaos Magic (Up Tilt and Zair)

Chaos Upper (Forward Smash)

Chaos Nightmare (Down Smash)

Chaos Burst (Up Smash)

Homing Attack/Spindash (Neutral Special)

Chaos Spear (Side Special)

Chaos Control (Time)(Down Special,Chaos Meter only)

Chaos Blast (Down Special,Boost Meter Only)

Chaos Meter

Typically, Boosting your attacks will give it a New Function, or even entirely Different Move

Chaos Magic (Up Tilt and Zair): Instead of Launching Opponent, Opponent Caught in Chaos Magic will be Trapped in a Small rift of Time, Allowing Shadow to Get a Punish. The Hitbox of this Move will also Linger forever until Shadow is Hit. After Using this, Shadow can do Another Chaos Magic and The Boosted Chaos Magic will still be on Screen. If Shadow does Another Boosted Chaos Magic however, Replaced

Has a Special Mechanic with Up Throw. When Shadow Teleports the Opponent, the Opponent will go wherever the Boosted Chaos Magic is and Be Trapped. Imagine you Putting the Chaos Magic at the Bottom of a Stage and you Up Throw an Opponent…

Chaos Upper (Forward Smash). Pressing Shield While Charging Will allow Shadow to Teleport, even while Charging. You Can Teleport as Many Times as you want as long as you have meter.

Chaos Nightmare: (Down Smash). Same thing with Down Smash as Forward Smash

Chaos Burst (Up Smash). Instead of Just Teleporting, Shadow will actually Move while still having the burst ready. In one press of button for One Bar, Shadow can Teleport from one side of the stage to the other Side. You can’t Switch Directions after you already picked one, but you could actually do that if you use another bar. Once again,can keep moving as long as you have meter

Homing Attack. (Neutral Special). Turns into an Entirely Different Move. Roaming Chaos. Shadow will throw a Projectile that has No Hitbox going Forward, But after Passing Opponent(s) will roam and Track toward an Opponent. The Roaming is faster in this game than it was in Sonic Battle. If hit by the Roaming Chaos, you will be Stunned and Shadow can get a punish. However the Roaming Chaos Disappears if Shadow is Hit

Chaos Spear. Turns into an Entirely Different Move. Chaos Control (Boost Attack). This Attack has Shadow Fly Very Fast, in a straight line. When hitting an opponent, Shadow goes through them, and the Opponent is Stunned as they take Invisible hits before Launching away. Think of What Master Ultra Instinct Goku did to Jiren. If it’s Blocked, Shadow Stops Immediately and can be punished. Can be stopped by block, attacks, projectiles, etc.

Chaos Control (Time): When the Chaos Meter is Full, Shadow’s Down Special becomes Chaos Control (Time). This Move has Show Snap a Blue Circle around him. It doesn’t have a Big Raidus, but it Covers Shadow. IF you are hit by the Circle, you are Frozen in Time for a Set Amount Time. Shadow Can Do anything he Wants in the amount of Time you are Frozen. When Shadow hits you, You don’t launch away until Time is Up. This Move can also Freeze stuff like Projectiles, Pokemon, Assist Trophies if they get caught in the Radius. If This Move is Blocked or Whiffed, Shadow will go into a Shocked Expression for a Long Time. MUCH Endlag.

Boost Meter

Chaos Magic (Up-Tilt, Zair): The Hitbox is Bigger and it Does More Damage. If used in the Air, The Zair Becomes a Spike Hitbox

Chaos Upper (Forward Smash): Stronger, More Damage and Launch

Chaos Nightmare (Down Smash): Same with Chaos Upper

Chaos Burst (Up Smash): Same with Chaos Nightmare

Homing Attack (Neutral Attack): Functions the Same, But Shadow will now Teleport when doing the Homing Attack. He Can Track the Opponent from anywhere on the Screen

Chaos Spear (Side Special): Turns into Chaos Lance, On the Ground it Does More Damage. In the air, The Spear Does more Damage and Has an Explosive Launch on it. Very Strong

Chaos Blast (Down Special): Shadow Will Do a Quick Wind up, before unleashing a Red Explosion Around him. While Hero’s Kamikaze works like a Big Blast Box, Shadow’s Explosion works like a Smart Bomb. it Slowly Gets Bigger and Bigger. Does Good Shield Damage. Probably Shadow’s Strongest Attack minus Final Smash

Chaos Rift (Final Smash): Shadow will quickly turn Super Shadow and Fire off a Rift of Chaos Energy. Opponents caught in this will be in for a Nightmare as Shadow Does Combo Attacks, Chaos Particle stuff, and unleashes Spears on the Opponents. All the While they are Frozen in time so they aren’t moving from hits

Shadow then Depoweres down to Base Form, TURNS HIS BACK TOWARD THE OPPONENT(S), and snaps his Fingers, which launches them.

Things to Note

When using Boosted Attacks, Shadow will flash Blue or Red depending on if you are using Chaos or Boost Meter.

When you are Flashing and you are Hit, Shadow will Take Increased Damage and Knockback. He’s also in Hitstun longer, so Combo moves aren’t destroyed by Extra Knockback

MOVES AFFECTED BY THIS

Boosted Chaos Magic

Boosted Smash Attacks

Boosted Chaos Spear

Boosted Homing Attack

Chaos Charge

Chaos Control (Time)

Chaos Blast

The Flash lasts until the endlag of move is Over. Also when Shadow removes his Rings, because he is flashing till time is up, that means he automatically takes More Damage, Knockback and Hitstun if he’s hit. This Mechanic is to encourage Punishing Shadow when you get the Chance, because people are always running away when Mac has KO Punch, Cloud has Limit, and we don’t Want that

When Shadow is using something that has ammo and he is Flashing or has full meter, he gets infinite Ammo until the meter or flashing runs out

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Let's all just calm down here.

Look, if Shadow doesn't get in, it isn't the end of the world. It sucks yeah, but there's always next time.
...unless it's Waluigi then most of those fans (I said most) go and attack Sakurai on Twitter :mybodyisreggie:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Sub-20 A press on SM64 100%

wew

D

Deleted member

"Thank you all for watching Endgame, everyone. This means so much to me. To be the villain in the highest grossing film of the year. Thank you all so much." 1563670641543.png

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Guys. I am in tears. This is the last Color Pulse we will ever listen to live.

I CAN'T DECIDE, WE CAN'T STOP NOW!!!!

This is the penultimate decision. Chaos or Order. I cannot choose in my sorry state.
go for chaos, it's the right decision

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well for Animations that will definitely not do

Forward Smash
Down Smash
Up Special
Forward Aerial
Up Aerial
Side Tilt
Spin Charge

Because these are either way too Sonic Like, and also TWO Spindashes and a Spring. this doesn't include other animations like run and such

Shadow is more straight to the point compared to Sonic's Cocky Nature you feel me

Though since you are moveset Enthusiast, I guess i Could Show...THE ULTIMATE SHADOW MOVESET

This Moveset make Shadow potentially one of the most unique Characters...and super Flashy on top of it. I would just say that Shadow woul be the Vegeta of Smash

Perfect Shadow Moveset

Notes:

This Shadow Moveset is a combination of Alot of Shadow’s games. SA2, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, and Sonic Forces have some References in Shadow’s Moveset

This Shadow is Not an Echo of Sonic

Shadow Is one of the Lighter Characters in the game, and is lighter than Sonic. That’s because unlike Sonic, he didn’t pack up on rings before joining Smash. He’s Relying on his own Durability

Shadow is Slightly Slower than Sonic

Shadow is High Risk/High Reward.

-----------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous things

Entrance: Teleports in with the Emerald in hand

Idle Stance: His Pose from Sonic Battle, or Shadow the Hedgehog

Crouch: Him Kneeling Down with one Hand on the Floor

At Ledge Animation: Him with his Arms Crossed Like a Bad ***

Knockback Animations: Same as Sonic

Walk Animation: Walks with his Fists Closed

Run Animation: His Skating...Obviously

Jump: Same As Sonic

Dodges and Air Dodges: Him Quickly Disappearing

Taunt 1: Him Facing the Screen and Crossing his Arms with a Frown on his Face. Holding this will have him do this forever

Taunt 2:Does his old Assist Trophy Exit Animation, a Spin into his Iconic Pose of One Fist in the Air while he Faces Sideways

Taunt 3: Holds Up the Emerald, as to show its power. Holding it for long enough will have Shadow Summon a Weapon

Winpose: a Combination of his SA2 and Shadow the Hedgehog Clear animations. He Slides in, does a Spin, then Holds the Emerald toward the Screen in the Same Pose as Shadow the Hedgehog

Winpose 2: The emerald is Falling Down, But Shadow Catches it While his Back is Facing the Screen and then he teleports out of there

Winpose 3: Chaos Seizure. Shadow either Teleports around the victory screen, Skates around the victory Screen, or Flies around the Victory screen. Either way, he then Stops after some time and does a Cool Pose

Alt 1: Default

Alt 2: Shadow gets Replace his Red Stripes with With Pink Stripes

Alt 3: Shadow Color Scheme Resembles Sonic, That or Shadic The Hedgehog

Alt 4: Shadow Replaces his Red Stripes with Yellow

Alt 5: Shadow Color Scheme Now Matches Silver the Hedgehog

Alt 6: Shadows Replaces his Red Stripes with Gray. Resembles Mephiles’s Hedgehog Form. Does keep his mouth though

Alt 7: Shadow Turns into an Actual Shadow. He’s All Black.

Alt 8: Shadow’s Color Scheme Now Matches Coldsteel the Hedgehog

Classic Mode Route (Probably needs Work)

Seeing My The Shadows

Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Dark Link (Link with Dark Link Costume), Army of Game and Watches (All Default), Shadow Mewtwo (Mewtwo with Shadow color), Cloud, Giga Bowser

Boxing Ring Title: The Ultimate Lifeform (OF COURSE!)

Actual Moveset

Jab: His Sonic Battle 3 hit Combo

Side Tilt: Shadow does a Roundhouse Kick toward his Opponent. He does it Backlegged, as in the back of the leg is what comes first

Down-Tilt: Same as Sonic’s Down Tilt. Has more Range because the Flames come out from Shadow’s Shoes

Up-Tilt: Chaos Magic. You can unleash it Quickly like a Regular Up-Tilt by tapping the button and quickly letting go, Or you could hold and Aim the Chaos Magic to where you want to go by holding the Button

Forward Smash: Chaos Upper. This Move Launches High Like a Up Smash

Down Smash: Chaos Nightmare. Functions as both a Forward Smash and Down Smash, as it launches toward the Side, at Both sides.

Up Smash: Chaos Burst. The Teleport Shadow does at the Beginning works like a Spot Dodge...it doesn’t Stale. Shadow will quickly Appear back though, even while charging, so he’s Vulnerable then. One of the Strongest Smash attacks in game, and Covers the area around Shadow. Can even nullify Projectiles, has high Priority. Has the Worst endlag in the game of ANY Move

Dash Attack: Shadow uses Skates To burn Opponent. Shadow will Disappear then Reappear when using this Move. Again, works like a Dodge, but doesn’t Stale

Grab: Shadow uses One Hand to Grab you

Pummel: Shadow either Knees you or punches you

Forward Throw: Shadow Just Tosses You Forward...like Vegeta did to Nappa before Killing Him. Backhanded Toss

Down Throw: Shadow uses his Skates to burn the Opponent

Back Throw: The Famous Roundhouse Kick used against Silver. Shadow TELEPORTS Behind the Opponent Like it’s Nothing Personal, and RoundHouse Kicks them in the head. Really Strong Back Throw

Up Throw: Shadow Teleports the Opponent Up above

N-air: Shadow Does a 360 roundhouse Kicks that also has Flames Coming Out from under his Shoes. His N-air is Among the Strongest of the Cast

F-Air: Shadow Does a Hammerfist, DBZ Style. He either does a Quickflip then Hammerfists you with Both hands, or he just Winds Up real quick before Doing it...Spikes of course

B-Air: Is Like Sonic’s Back Air. However Shadow’s Back air is Quicker. It’s not a Strong Kill move like Sonic’s Back Air, but it has multiple hits from the Flames Coming out (the only Hitboxes). Good move for Dragdowning the Opponent

Up Air: a Flip Kick that Uses the fire from Shadow’s Skates

Down Air: The Stomp. The Attack Comes Out Really fast, and it Spikes all the way through. However, if you are not above Ground, You are Dying, no Question. It’s an all or Nothing attack in that Scenario.

Zair: Shadow has a Zair. It’s him doing Chaos Magic, his Up Tilt, from the Air. Like with his Up Tilt, you can either use it as a Really Quick Attack, or you can hold the button and aim it anywhere. When Shadow is using Chaos Magic in the Air, It Stalls him in the Air, But only for 1st time use

Neutral Special: Homing Attack/Spindash:

Grounded: It’s The Spindash. Hold to Charge The Spindash. Shadow makes the SA2 Sound Effect when he Charges it. Hitting a Shield Makes Shadow Stop Immediately. Shadow can only Go Straight with the Spindash, can’t Turn around. Multi-Hit

Aerial: It’s the Homing Attack.Has Decreased Range from Sonic (Heavily). Also Shadow will not bounce Back if he hits a Shield, making him Actually Punishable on Shield, Unlike Sonic. When Shadow Hits the Opponent, He can go into Combo Attack by pressing Special That’s good for damage and Killing at Later Percents. Or you Could Use Any Aerial you want

Side Special: Chaos Spear. Not the Most Damaging projectile, but it's good. Versions Differ depending on if you are using them on the Ground or the air

Ground: Charging the Spears increases the Range of the Spears. When you go to release Spears, Pressing Special after releasing one will fire another Spear. Shadow can shoot up to 3 Spears in one Set.

Air: Charging the Spear increases the Size. The Range is Already Super Good. It Only Fires Diagonal though. However when Charging it stalls you in the air. You can Change to Right or Left Direction. By doing this Quickly, you can make Shadow do Chaos Spazz

Up Special: Chaos Control (Warp). This Move is less used for Recovery and more usable for Offense. Shadow Teleports Quickly and after a Teleport, Shadow can use any Attack, Even Specials. The Distance covered with One Teleport is Really Short. When concerning 1 teleport, Shadow has the Worst Recovery in the game. However Shadow can Teleport Multiple times, up to 7 in succession, on a Certain Criteria (we get back to that).

One Mechanic is That Shadow Can cancel the Animation of an Attack if it SUCCESSFULLY hits With a Teleport. This Includes being able to cancel the Endlag. This means it’s Easier for Shadow to Follow Up hits using a Teleport. Shadow can Keep Doing this too as long as he hits the opponent and he has Teleports left (We get back to that)

Down Special: Chaos Charge. Shadow Charges his Chaos Meter. When Charging Shadow has Blue or Red Ki flowing from him depending on certain Criteria.

Shadow has a Chaos Meter, which limits his Abilities as so he doesn’t become Overpowered. Normally this only Applies to his Teleports, and His Ultimate Chaos Attack. He has 7 Bars of Chaos Meter. 1 Teleport costs 1 Bar.

You fill up the Bar by Using Attacks. You Fill it up even Faster if it Hits a Shield, and even slightly Faster than that if a Successful hit is made. You also Fill up the Bar Very Slightly by Moving Around. If you Successfully Parry an Attack, you automatically get 1 bar

You don’t Get any Meter for Getting Hit, so Shadow isn’t Rewarded for Playing Bad. He’s Rewarded for Playing Good

When Charging Meter, you will see TWO Icons Next To Shadow. Chaos Meter and Boost Meter. These Two Different Meters have Different Benefits. Press Right or Left to Switch Between the TWO meters. Though they are different, they share 1 Full meter. When you Switch, the Meter will Blue or Red depending on if you are using Chaos or Boost Meter Respectfully.

This Meter also Allows Shadow to boost His Chaos Powered Attacks by Pressing Shield While Using/Charging the Moves. Each Boost of a Move Costs 1 bar, and the Benefits of the boost Depend on what type of meter you are using

Shield + Special: Shadow will Take off his Rings and Start Flashing Blue or Red Depending on whether you are using Chaos or Boost Meter. In this State You Automatically use the Boosted Version of Chaos Moves, and have access to Chaos Control (Time) and Chaos Blast. This Boost lasts only 7 Seconds

Attacks that Can Be Boosted/ affected by Meter

Chaos Magic (Up Tilt and Zair)

Chaos Upper (Forward Smash)

Chaos Nightmare (Down Smash)

Chaos Burst (Up Smash)

Homing Attack/Spindash (Neutral Special)

Chaos Spear (Side Special)

Chaos Control (Time)(Down Special,Chaos Meter only)

Chaos Blast (Down Special,Boost Meter Only)

Chaos Meter

Typically, Boosting your attacks will give it a New Function, or even entirely Different Move

Chaos Magic (Up Tilt and Zair): Instead of Launching Opponent, Opponent Caught in Chaos Magic will be Trapped in a Small rift of Time, Allowing Shadow to Get a Punish. The Hitbox of this Move will also Linger forever until Shadow is Hit. After Using this, Shadow can do Another Chaos Magic and The Boosted Chaos Magic will still be on Screen. If Shadow does Another Boosted Chaos Magic however, Replaced

Has a Special Mechanic with Up Throw. When Shadow Teleports the Opponent, the Opponent will go wherever the Boosted Chaos Magic is and Be Trapped. Imagine you Putting the Chaos Magic at the Bottom of a Stage and you Up Throw an Opponent…

Chaos Upper (Forward Smash). Pressing Shield While Charging Will allow Shadow to Teleport, even while Charging. You Can Teleport as Many Times as you want as long as you have meter.

Chaos Nightmare: (Down Smash). Same thing with Down Smash as Forward Smash

Chaos Burst (Up Smash). Instead of Just Teleporting, Shadow will actually Move while still having the burst ready. In one press of button for One Bar, Shadow can Teleport from one side of the stage to the other Side. You can’t Switch Directions after you already picked one, but you could actually do that if you use another bar. Once again,can keep moving as long as you have meter

Homing Attack. (Neutral Special). Turns into an Entirely Different Move. Roaming Chaos. Shadow will throw a Projectile that has No Hitbox going Forward, But after Passing Opponent(s) will roam and Track toward an Opponent. The Roaming is faster in this game than it was in Sonic Battle. If hit by the Roaming Chaos, you will be Stunned and Shadow can get a punish. However the Roaming Chaos Disappears if Shadow is Hit

Chaos Spear. Turns into an Entirely Different Move. Chaos Control (Boost Attack). This Attack has Shadow Fly Very Fast, in a straight line. When hitting an opponent, Shadow goes through them, and the Opponent is Stunned as they take Invisible hits before Launching away. Think of What Master Ultra Instinct Goku did to Jiren. If it’s Blocked, Shadow Stops Immediately and can be punished. Can be stopped by block, attacks, projectiles, etc.

Chaos Control (Time): When the Chaos Meter is Full, Shadow’s Down Special becomes Chaos Control (Time). This Move has Show Snap a Blue Circle around him. It doesn’t have a Big Raidus, but it Covers Shadow. IF you are hit by the Circle, you are Frozen in Time for a Set Amount Time. Shadow Can Do anything he Wants in the amount of Time you are Frozen. When Shadow hits you, You don’t launch away until Time is Up. This Move can also Freeze stuff like Projectiles, Pokemon, Assist Trophies if they get caught in the Radius. If This Move is Blocked or Whiffed, Shadow will go into a Shocked Expression for a Long Time. MUCH Endlag.

Boost Meter

Chaos Magic (Up-Tilt, Zair): The Hitbox is Bigger and it Does More Damage. If used in the Air, The Zair Becomes a Spike Hitbox

Chaos Upper (Forward Smash): Stronger, More Damage and Launch

Chaos Nightmare (Down Smash): Same with Chaos Upper

Chaos Burst (Up Smash): Same with Chaos Nightmare

Homing Attack (Neutral Attack): Functions the Same, But Shadow will now Teleport when doing the Homing Attack. He Can Track the Opponent from anywhere on the Screen

Chaos Spear (Side Special): Turns into Chaos Lance, On the Ground it Does More Damage. In the air, The Spear Does more Damage and Has an Explosive Launch on it. Very Strong

Chaos Blast (Down Special): Shadow Will Do a Quick Wind up, before unleashing a Red Explosion Around him. While Hero’s Kamikaze works like a Big Blast Box, Shadow’s Explosion works like a Smart Bomb. it Slowly Gets Bigger and Bigger. Does Good Shield Damage. Probably Shadow’s Strongest Attack minus Final Smash

Chaos Rift (Final Smash): Shadow will quickly turn Super Shadow and Fire off a Rift of Chaos Energy. Opponents caught in this will be in for a Nightmare as Shadow Does Combo Attacks, Chaos Particle stuff, and unleashes Spears on the Opponents. All the While they are Frozen in time so they aren’t moving from hits

Shadow then Depoweres down to Base Form, TURNS HIS BACK TOWARD THE OPPONENT(S), and snaps his Fingers, which launches them.

Things to Note

When using Boosted Attacks, Shadow will flash Blue or Red depending on if you are using Chaos or Boost Meter.

When you are Flashing and you are Hit, Shadow will Take Increased Damage and Knockback. He’s also in Hitstun longer, so Combo moves aren’t destroyed by Extra Knockback

MOVES AFFECTED BY THIS

Boosted Chaos Magic

Boosted Smash Attacks

Boosted Chaos Spear

Boosted Homing Attack

Chaos Charge

Chaos Control (Time)

Chaos Blast

The Flash lasts until the endlag of move is Over. Also when Shadow removes his Rings, because he is flashing till time is up, that means he automatically takes More Damage, Knockback and Hitstun if he’s hit. This Mechanic is to encourage Punishing Shadow when you get the Chance, because people are always running away when Mac has KO Punch, Cloud has Limit, and we don’t Want that

When Shadow is using something that has ammo and he is Flashing or has full meter, he gets infinite Ammo until the meter or flashing runs out
My question is this; what prevents Shadow from moving like that at all? He can do the Spin Charge too and every single tilt/aerial you listed. Is your argument he needs a different animation for a few of these, due to his karate chops, or that he's incapable of doing them? Cause nothing makes it impossible for taking those actions. He's literally the same bodyshape as Sonic. I just want to understand where you're coming from.

Not saying your moveset idea is bad. It's pretty good. Though I'm not sure he needs a unique mechanic at all to work fine. He doesn't have one in a lot of games where he's clearly based upon Sonic(...Which is every game to begin with. He always played similar to Sonic regardless). Even in Sonic Battle, his moveset is pretty clearly a deviation of Sonic's overall. With very few differences to begin with. Namely their Special moves(Shot, Power, Trap), his Heavy and his Upper. However, his healing is very similar. And his Double Jump is clearly a similar idea, just done differently. It's a bit borderline for that one, admittedly. His Dash Attack is also somewhat different. Though they do have some similar colors, but that's common among them. He even has a similar Defense rating, though the Offense rating is way different(the game is... weird about it. You'd think Sonic, who is meant to be the "average guy", would have 5 and 5 for their Attack and Defense abilities. Nope, he's 6 and 8 instead. Amy has more balanced ones, same with Cream. Shadow has literally a 3 for Attack, and still deals some of the highest damage in the game while only having a terrible Heal, just like Sonic's, to compensate).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only logical response Paul Bettany could give...
1563670984228.png

Dude, time travel is possible now. Do other timelines really matter that much? Russos didn't seem to care about it, they barely even tried to keep their rules of time travel constant.

I mean, I bet there are gonna be companies that take advantage of it and go "bring your grandma from '''''the dead''''', now for only 50,000 dollars"

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wait, wait, wait, the **** there was a shootout?!?

...oh wait Deaf don't hear the news until later

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm pretty pumped for the Loki TV show and Doctor Strange 2. Hopefully they're good.
Lol don't worry about it.
Nah I was just kidding when I said that my attempts were failing. Though I guess they kinda did. I was trying to be reassuring yet somehow completely forgot that you already said what I said.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I picked Team Order. No society can function if the base is chaos.

Then again, I am utterly against a 1984 type “order”. Despite that, the teacher in me has to say that a plot revolving around some 1984 **** would be pretty awesome.

Go Team Order!

7NATOR

Smash Master
My question is this; what prevents Shadow from moving like that at all? He can do the Spin Charge too and every single tilt/aerial you listed. Is your argument he needs a different animation for a few of these, due to his karate chops, or that he's incapable of doing them? Cause nothing makes it impossible for taking those actions. He's literally the same bodyshape as Sonic. I just want to understand where you're coming from.

Not saying your moveset idea is bad. It's pretty good. Though I'm not sure he needs a unique mechanic at all to work fine. He doesn't have one in a lot of games where he's clearly based upon Sonic(...Which is every game to begin with. He always played similar to Sonic regardless). Even in Sonic Battle, his moveset is pretty clearly a deviation of Sonic's overall. With very few differences to begin with. Namely their Special moves(Shot, Power, Trap), his Heavy and his Upper. However, his healing is very similar. And his Double Jump is clearly a similar idea, just done differently. It's a bit borderline for that one, admittedly. His Dash Attack is also somewhat different. Though they do have some similar colors, but that's common among them. He even has a similar Defense rating, though the Offense rating is way different(the game is... weird about it. You'd think Sonic, who is meant to be the "average guy", would have 5 and 5 for their Attack and Defense abilities. Nope, he's 6 and 8 instead. Amy has more balanced ones, same with Cream. Shadow has literally a 3 for Attack, and still deals some of the highest damage in the game while only having a terrible Heal, just like Sonic's, to compensate).
Yes Theoretically they could do the same thing, but it conflicts with the Personality for Shadow to Move like Sonic

The interesting thing with these two is that they do have access to the same tools, but they use them differently. Like Sonic could use Chaos Powers more if he wanted too, but he doesn't, and he probably wouldn't master it to the level Shadow is at

It's just like Isabelle, like she could do Villager's N-air, but she uses Pom-poms, She could theoretically use all of Villager's other attacks, but it conflicts with her more pacifist nature or something like that. That's also why Luigi doesn't move the Same as Mario, or heck , why Ken doesn't move the same as Ryu. They have their own Flair

Also by the way, the Mechanic comes from Shadow's Own Game, Shadow the Hedgehog. Did you know that Sakurai played Shadow the Hedgehog, along with Sonic 06 (and he even said he completed Sonic 06 as well). those are games where Shadow has his own Mechanics separate from Sonic. Also it was a balancing thing

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And Disney's already becoming that money grubbing big tech monopoly already. And I don't about the MCU anyways since Endgame is the perfect finale overall.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wow, now Disney can't advertise Avatar 2 as the sequel to highest grossing movie of all time. That probably hurts their marketing more than it helps the mcu's.
What do you mean? Avatar isn't a Disney mo-

>owned by FOX
>Disney bought FOX

untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom