• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you implying those of us who use our real names as our tag/username don't have "actual" usernames? :strongbad:
I didn't choose to have a first name of Strong and a last name of Bad. It chose me.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for adding “Team Team.”

You have avoided a lawsuit successfully.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are you implying those of us who use our real names as our tag/username don't have "actual" usernames? :strongbad:
I use my nickname AND my real name as my username!

I'm a gangster I tell ya.:ultridley:

SsbJavs223

Smash Rookie
Warned for spam (off-topic and irrelevant)
Welcome back to the Ultimate Social Thread.

A lot has been going on. And we want to update you on it.

We have plans for a proper restructuring that will benefit users and staff and make for a better community home, but large changes like this take time. As some may imagine with recent events, a lot of stress and burnout has occurred for not only staff but for many users. But while the staff is still working out all the details for coming changes, we’re also looking into what ways we can involve user feedback in making these decisions; stay tuned for more information on that.

In the meantime we’d like to open this temporary social thread to cover parts of what is currently missing, and give all our users a place to once again hang out in an off-topic setting. That said, the scope of conversation will for now be limited to:
  • Topics relating to Smash Bros.
  • Topics relating to media appropriate for Smashboards (G to early teens).
  • General personal conversation (Fine: "hey friends I'm in a good mood how about you".)
    • Please avoid “callouts”, back seat moderation or topics containing personal information of any third-party - a user of this website or otherwise.
  • Nice and respectful responses.

As a reminder: 10char dodges, single image responses or posts that do not start or meaningfully contribute to an ongoing discussion will be moderated more closely as well. Social threads are generally relaxed and memes are funny but please don't let these types of posts be the primary driver of discussions. We want to avoid heavy spam as many of the usual moderators will be both staying here in this thread and working on the coming changes elsewhere on the site.

Be nice. Be constructive. Be good to one another. We'll be here with you.

Now, administrator @Shaya has something to say. Take it away.
Check out my clips on IG !
LITTLE MAC MAIN DESTROYER
-deleted-

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Apologies for being gone, everyone. Had some things happen that I'd rather not talk about.

I'll draw for the next AMAs and all that soon.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So there should be a patch inevitably very soon for the new amiibo coming out tomorrow. Now will Hero's video surprise drop today, please please!?

D

Deleted member

Apologies for being gone, everyone. Had some things happen that I'd rather not talk about.

I'll draw for the next AMAs and all that soon.
Totally cool.

And sorry about those things. It’s good you weren’t afraid to take a break. I hope you start getting/feeling better

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
> Ordered a 2 TB external hard drive for my Xbox from Amazon Tuesday

> Inside the box that says external hard drive is a digital indoor TV antenna

Bulbawat.png

The ****?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks Mike. But I kind of do. I poured water on a kids head. I still don’t know why I even thought that was appropriate for even a split second. But I still did it and appropriate action had to be taken.

I’ll try to get another job next summer.
Damn...

As someone else said we do stupid things in the heat of the moment. Its happened with all of us. I wish you luck on getting another job next summer.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
So... I’ve been addicted to DQB2 over the last few days, ahaha, RIP my sleep schedule...

Anyway, I still can’t decide on a Splatfest theme... Chaos seems to fit Inklings more (Turf Wars all the time? Now they can do it freely across the land, freed from the shackles of regulations ahaha) but Order would probably have much more interesting aesthetics while post-apoc gets a bit samey?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Called Amazon support. Turns out the hard drive I ordered costs less now than it did Tuesday so I'm getting some money back. :awesome:

Now to return the wrong item and wait for the right one.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only Smash Ultimate mods I want is anything more than cosmetics.

Yes, I'm aware a desire like that will take a couple years or likely more.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh hey, made another Mario Maker stage.
R75-68K-53G

So, Splatfest is here huh? Go team...

Oh shoot, I haven't picked a team yet! Uh...
psst pick Chaos

do it for Callie

or alternatively because Murder Telephone is on Order and you don't wanna be associated with a genocidal maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom