• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Anybody have any tips for beating Gruntilda in Banjo-Kazooie?
Learn her phases and try to beat her as quickly a second possible is all honestly the best advice I can give. You can defeat her before she starts throwing fireballs in the second phase if you know where to be and aim your shots right. The projectiles also are going to try to get ahead of you, so more erratic movement will be your biggest asset in the later phases. When the jingonator part comes up at the end, run around the statue and wait til she uses the energy ball attack and use the Golden Wing invincibility to take it, then fire like mad at the statue.

Banjo Kazooie’s mechanics kind of make that fight a pain in the ass, so just keep at it and try to learn as much as you can about her patterns so you know how to best find the opportunities to attack without getting damaged.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOODNESS

So, if anyone has played A Hat in Time, there’s a character called Snatcher, and one of his unused (as far as I am aware) lines is, “Did you know? You can unlock Luigi by completing Death Wish on the first attempt?

I’m dead.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Reason I put this in spoilers is because this is really sensitive, but a little related to gaming. So apparently peoples are wishing it'd have been the game freak company who burnt down, and NOT the animation company itself. I've caught this screenshot before it got deleted. But, this is really disrespectful.

Screenshot_1043.png

My condolences to the victims in the incident.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Anybody have any tips for beating Gruntilda in Banjo-Kazooie?
I’ll describe each phase:

1. Grunty charges in on her broom, dodge and hit when it does not zoom!
2. Grunty uses spells like most bad folk, why not try giving her the yolk?
3. Grunty is in the air, isn’t that sly? Show her that a bear can fly!
4. A shield of no passing isn’t that sad? Use the Jinjos to make Grunty mad.
5. A giant Jinjo, that isn’t fair! Summon it to give Grunty quite a scare!

D

Deleted member

Reason I put this in spoilers is because this is really sensitive, but a little related to gaming. So apparently peoples are wishing it'd have been the game freak company who burnt down, and NOT the animation company itself. I've caught this screenshot before it got deleted. But, this is really disrespectful.

That is messed up in more ways that one.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

View attachment 231777

I've known for a while that certain Pokemon fans are stooping to ridiculously low points just to show their dissatisfaction with SwSh. This doesn't surprise me.

Regardless, I'll do everyone a favor and not lump all the people who dislike SwSh into this extreme category. Clearly only a small perecentage of fans are willing to say things like this.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
She's alright too...
Right...

View attachment 231777

People always act toxic over there. That's the power they get when they're completely anonymous.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

View attachment 231777

I can't really say I'm surprised to see that this came from 4chan. That's the type of site it's always been and anonymity allows you to say some awful stuff with no repercussions.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For those following Three Houses, we just got a large number of confirmations from the Voice Actor that play each character in the game. You can see all of the twitter posts in this thread here, but so far the list is:

Edelgard = Tara Platt
Claude = Joe Zieja
Dimitri = Chris Hackney
Annette = Abby Trott
Petra = Faye Mata
Dorothea and Shamir = Allegra Clark
Bernie = Erica Mendez
Dedue = Ben Lepley
Christian Le Monte = Ignatz
Joe Brogie = Sylvain
Jeralt = David Lodge
Casper and Lorenz = Ben Diskin
Voice Director and Jeritza = Patrick Seitz
Catherine = Laura Post
Cyril = Griffin Burns
Chris Hackney....? wait, thats son Gohan!

BEN DISKIN? pog

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I apologize for rhyming in my previous post.

I blame Gruntilda, she makes a terrible party host.

Can’t.... stop.... rhyming....

Anyways, I predict Hero will release next week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It has been a tough week for me, ngl.

Between real life stuff that I don't want to talk about at least on this thread, some minor problems and now the stuff involving Kyoto Animation... I just feel kind of down.

D

Deleted member

It has been a tough week for me, ngl.

Between real life stuff that I don't want to talk about at least on this thread, some minor problems and now the stuff involving Kyoto Animation... I just feel kind of down.
Yikes, sorry. If you do wanna talk, let me know.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
TP Zelda remains underrated, I see.
I love TP Zelda's design, but she doesn't have much personality since you rarely get to see her..its part of why seeing her smile in Subspace Emissary looked so 'off' to me.
When it comes to Zeldas, some have the best designs, some have the best personality, and some have both (SSBU Zelda, BotW Zelda, SS Zelda)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm so sorry Snake and no you don't. Why must you keep beating yourself up like this? :(

I hope things manage to work out for you.
Thanks Mike. But I kind of do. I poured water on a kids head. I still don’t know why I even thought that was appropriate for even a split second. But I still did it and appropriate action had to be taken.

I’ll try to get another job next summer.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m pissed

I was just gonna let July float on by without buying any games, but no. Three Houses had to start looking good and now I want it.

Now I need to scrounge up some money, which ain’t easy if you’re me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I need some username ideas. Hit me up with a few ideas.
Nate the Great Who’s Late For a Very Important Date Who Now Has to Wait and She’s Getting Very Irate Because She’s Been Sitting on a Crate When She Took a Frieght All The Way to the Next State and She’s Been Up Since 8 so He Borrowed Some Roller-skates and This Joke is Starting To Stagnate...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thanks Mike. But I kind of do. I poured water on a kids head. I still don’t know why I even thought that was appropriate for even a split second. But I still did it and appropriate action had to be taken.

Wait what

What the heck was happening for you to do that?

If you wanna tell, that is.

D

Deleted member

Nate the Great Who’s Late For a Very Important Date Who Now Has to Wait and She’s Getting Very Irate Because She’s Been Sitting on a Crate When She Took a Frieght All The Way to the Next State and She’s Been Up Since 8 so He Borrowed Some Roller-skates and This Joke is Starting To Stagnate...
“StagNATE.”

I’m pissed

I was just gonna let July float on by without buying any games, but no. Three Houses had to start looking good and now I want it.

Now I need to scrounge up some money, which ain’t easy if you’re me.
No, Noipoi! DON’T FALL FOR THEIR MARKETING TACTICS!

D

Deleted member

I really want to comment about this after the stuff that happened this week....

But I don't want to dissapoint many people here.

I will only say that I'm almost on a similar track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom